Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-20-2004, 06:51 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Weekend Chat (November 20th & 21st)

Good Morning,

Rise and shine sleepy heads

Its a gloomy day weather wise but its just as well, I've got so much cleaning to do.

Whats everyone up to today ? I feel like christmas shopping but I don't if you know what I mean (lazy).

On thing for sure, I need to get all my cooking stuff for the holiday this weekend b/c the week coming up will be crazy.

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning leenie and the gang!

I got up and got on my scale and it finally moved another pound. It has taken 2 months but I finally lost another pound. That makes 13. woooooohoooooo for me!

So with that motivating me, I got my tennis shoes on and did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP express tape, after I drank my 2 cups of coffee of course. ;-)

Now I'm washing clothes and picking up and making some egg salad.

What's everybody doing today?

It is also a rainy gloomy day outside here today Leenie - but I'm staying inside so it will be ok. ;-)

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 11-20-2004 at 11:42 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:27 PM   #3  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies

Cathy: Let me be the first to congratulate you! Your hard work is paying off! WTG!

Leenie: Hope you enjoy your weekend

Not much going on here. I'm sticking with the Lexapro for now. I talked to a girl from my drs. office who's on it, and she said she had much the same experience. I guess I've just got to be patient

Hope everyone has a super weekend
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 03:42 PM   #4  

Default Hey gang

Hi everyone
I have not read the past few days worth of posts. I worked nights and we are having some trouble with our pc so here I am now.

We went out for dinner last night with another couple for our first Xmas outing....too much wine! .......so I hear ya Leens about feeling lazy. I have had my shower....we are going to get our passport pictures today for our travel in Feb...I got my hair freshened up yesterday .....I'm blonde again....I'll let you know if they have more fun!

Cathy congrats on the pound down! I am happy for you I know you are feeling it in inches too.....can't wait for the day I can report a loss to you!

Hi homebound.....hope you have a great weekend too!

My hubby bought me a new laptop as a gift for going back to school...I keep looking for my mouse...it is really slowing me down...sweet of him and will take some time to get used to.

Have a great day everyone....don't know what I am doing this weekend...not working~

Be well my friends.

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:21 PM   #5  

Well, I'm not posting from the bedroom! No, Roger doesn't have me tied to the bedposts! We're preparing for the remodeling and the computer desk was right in the way of the carpenter when he would be bringing materials in. The house is chaos! By the time this is over, I won't know where anything is!

Deer hunting started today! I've had cars and trucks parked by the barn all day. The neighbors park here and walk to their deer stands. Been hearing shots all day. I don't worry cause these are experienced hunters and they do their beer drinking at night. Hey, they gotta brag about the-one-that-got-away! During hunting season I do keep my dog tied up though. It would only take once that he'd meander off our acreage and that thought scares me!

Well, gotta go and have supper and try to remember everything I have to do at church tomorrow.

(Leenie, I have to give a note to "boyfriend"! In truth, he is the Head Usher and we have a new member who wishes to be on the list! )
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:38 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girls,

Cathy CONGRATS on the lb gone WTG !!!

Joanne, hope the meds work out for you. Some times they can do wonders but the side effects suckaroonies !! My Aderal is great but it leaves my mouth so extemely dry my tongue hurts after a few days of being on it, it feels like its dry and cracked, just awful !

Tippy glad your not tied to the bed post maybe your not but I am Who is it that wants to be head usher with bf ? anyone I know ROFL !!!

Liz I have a lap top too and I love the no mouse, it takes a day to get used to but once you do, man its great !! well I think so anyway lol. DH got me one for christmas last year, an HP Enjoy !

The family is going to watch the movie Elf, so off I go.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:19 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Default Hello ladies

LTNS!! I miss ya but I have been really depressed since I got the results from my sleep study.I can't remember if I told yall.So here is it goes.I have sleep apnea, insomnia, and asthma.I can't go get my second sleep study done to have my pressures measured for my CPAP machine till I get the insomnia taken care of.I have to be able to sleep at least 2- 3 hrs straight in order for this to happen.So Tuesday Nov.23rd I have an appointment to get my insomnia undercontrol.Once that starts happening then I can have my second sleep study.

As for the asthma Dec.1st I have to go for another breathing test.This time I have to have methacolin test done.I show signs of asthma but I think they want to see the extent of it or something.That same day I go back to see the doctor about the results.Thank goodness they are in the same building.

My other news; I have started therapy again.This time its to help deal with finances, health, weight, and victim issues.I am hoping this with getting my sleep and breathing problems undercontrol will help me to start losing the weight again.

Its all one big circle.I am tired because I am not getting enough sleep; therefore I don't have the energy to exercise.I get depressed about it or other things I eat and because I am not eating right I get tired and sleep.

I am going home (mom's house) for the holidays but we are going to go by train.I have never ridden a train before. So I am excited about that. Only problem is I can't take my rabbit with us; so I have to get someone to watch and take care of him for me.Which it is covered.

BIL is doing very well.He came for visit last weekend and had a great lunch with us.He is walking pretty well and sometimes needs the walker but for long walks he needs his wheelchair.He has lost alot of weight.He went in at 372lbs and is 223lbs now.We are getting him some clothes that will fit for Christmas.

Well I hope that lets yall know what is going on with me and why I haven't been around.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:35 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

We are off to church this morning, DD is in the Thanksgiving pagent lol and I'll be sitting there smiling from ear to ear (if I can stop sneezing...allergies oy). But first I must hit amazon dot com to see about xmas gifts Then when I come home I have to do some cleaning, okay alot of cleaning for the holiday any volunteers?

Lynnie good to see you girl, and its good to know that you are getting help for you sleep problems as well as therapy. One thing at a time. WOW BIL has come a long way, thats amazing and if anything good came out of it, his weight loss is teriffic, he must feel soooooooooo much better. Is he still living at the home ? I'm so thrilled he is on his way to recovery, man that was a scary thing he went thru, poor baby.

TTYL
Old 11-21-2004, 08:57 AM   #9  

Oh, this is sooo funny! You see, there isn't a level floor in this entire house. One is either going uphill or down! So, add to the mixture a hardwood floor and a desk chair and I keep rolling to the other side of the bedroom! Just told Roger that we need a rope for me to pull my way back to the computer! It's so bad that I have to back the chair against the bed to get out of it! I never realized how bad this room is. The kitchen is really off level but that's the original part of the structure.

BOOM BOOM! More gunshots going off northwest of the house. The deer population here is out of control! Pretty as they are, the numbers need thinning. I was thinking, though, of that lovely doe and her twins that I would watch last summer....

Leenie, as Head Usher, BF is responsible for having ushers for each church service and events. Am betting that he is out in the woods today too.

For those who don't know the story of BF, I'll make it short and sweet. This gentleman is 52, a bachelor and lives with his mother. He is very well respected in the community. Well, Roger noticed that he had developed a "crush" on me and gave me the word. I was concerned the other men would tease BF and hurt his feelings so I asked for advice in 3FC's infamous chatroom. It all turned out all right although Leenie wanted me to wash my windows naked when BF drove by. (She is truly just not right!)
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 02:15 PM   #10  

Default hello

hello there! i noticed this thread and i thought i'd ask a couple of questions. i usually post on the singles thread. i have been depressed for many years on and off. recently it seems to be getting worse. well, friday i finally went to the dr for it. she put me on something called "Cymbalta". i was just wondering if anyone else is taking it and what effects it seems to have? the drs. said some anti-depressants have weight gain as a side effect. apparently this is a newer drug and has little effect on the weight. i can see why because i've had absolutely no appetite. which is a good thing at the moment, because i have plenty to spare.

thanks for any answers!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:08 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Tippy ME not right ????? this is coming from the person who taught me all I know ^^

Hi Kathy, first let me say welcome, and I'm really happy you decided to get some help, its one of the hardest things to do but so worth it. I have not heard of Cymbalta. I should ask my doctor about it, no appetite is exactly what I need lol. Please let us know how you are doing on it and if you are having any problems or are feeling really good on it. Thanks for posting here
Old 11-21-2004, 05:18 PM   #12  
CIN

Hi Gals
I am working like mad getting ready for out of state company that is staying for a week. I am almost ready for them! I am looking forward to it.but you know how we "obsess" a bit about the house etc!

Cathy.I am so proud of your determination and success finally losing weight.I think you deserve an award for continuing when you were NOT losing.......now everything seems to be "kicking" in! Congrats sincerely girl!

Lynnie.it was good to get an update from you. A trip by train.how exciting! Enjoy yourself!

Kathy....welcome.I cant answer any of your questions but bet someone will! Keep coming in here!

Leens...I bet you cried watching your little one.they are such a joy....especially make the Holidays fun !

Liz................have you had more fun yet? Blonds are pretty! I bet you are too!

Tippy.Bless your heart.how on Earth are you keeping your sanity with all the remodeling? I applaud your patience and sense of humor!

Girls.keep me in your prayers.sincerely.I have had two episodes with my stomach this month..............since the stent was put in. Had a terrible one yesterday "out of the blue".very painful. I have another tests set for Dec 1st............but they dont really think it is my gallbladder........just grasping at straws! I have too many plans to have these "attacks"!

This is how I look when I have them
This is how I look a few hours later

See ya later!
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:23 PM   #13  
Walking by faith

Wink A quick hello

Welcome Kathy You've found a great place for support! Keep posting and keep coming back.

Tippy: Small town scandals Sounds like fun!

Leenie: You naughty girl !

Lynnie: I'm glad to hear from you. Sorry to hear about all your health problems. I can relate! Hope you enjoy your trip home for the holidays. Thanks for sharing the good news about your BIL God is good!

Leaving for church now-see you all soon!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:56 PM   #14  

Default Hi everyone

Not the greatest weekend in history......lots of tension in the family. I am trying my best to keep the hope alive! Enjoy this link

http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_...9/4candles.swf

Working a night tonight.......did some family stuff today a bit of housework...making spaghetti for supper.

Ya enjoying the blonde hair ......not feeling so pretty these days

Leens how did the pagent go?

Hi Lynnie...been wondering about you.
Hang in there kiddo

Cin sorry to hear you have been under the weather....was the stent placed due to stones?

How was church homebound.

Sounds like you are managing to have fun Tip despite it all....good for you.

Welcome Kat I don't recognize the medication you mention. Keep posting I look forward to getting to know you better.

HI april and sue marie and everyone else~

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Eliz

Still not used to the laptop........everything is taking so long~
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:30 PM   #15  
CIN

Liz
The stent was to open a blocked artery leading to my stomach.It was 90% blocked..now it is 50. (Celiac)
Cin

PS Sorry the weekend hasnt been "good" to you!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote