Old 11-19-2004, 03:12 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat #90

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:28 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

A quick post this morning...I'm disoriented with all the sleep I got.....first it's not enough, now it's TOO much....I went to bed at 11:30 last night and got up at noon. But----I had a restless night. I'm not sure what was keeping me up tossing and turning.

Angie--Oh Angie...I'm so sorry that you had to wait for so long! Sending you big Hugs your way!! ((((((HUGS)))))) I do hope that Brandon gets to feeling better and is able to get around soon. And Tanner, I sure hope he gets over the flu quick. I've had it once in my life time and don't ever want it again.......Prayers are being sent your way!

To everyone else, HELLO!!

I'm not doing individuals again today (sorry) I have a couple loads of laundry to do today before I get to work and I have some leaves to rake while the sun is out. Jhanai is coming over today......James told me this morning on his way to work that he'll pick her up if he gets off at 5:00. So I was happy about that.

Ok ladies....I need to start cleaning up and then wake up some. You all have a great afternoon and I promise to catch up individually next time! (If I have time I'll pop in later before work.....)
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:43 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Smile

TGIF!!

I can't remember just what everyone said... but here goes!

Angie - OMG, hon! ((((HUGS)))) to you!! At least the worst is over now. I wish I was there to bring a casserole over, or something.

Marti and Cristi - a day chat would be fine with me, too. How about if we add one, instead of taking away the other. Some of the ones who work during the day, like Julie, who may want to pop in at some point to the night time one, which we could move to a different day, like Wednesday. So, how about we say Thursdays, 8:00AM Indiana time, which is 9 for Cristi and 11 for Marti and the bunch in the west? Cristi, thanks for the card!

Sue - glad you're having fun in the sun. It is cloudy here in Indiana, but at least the rain has stopped.

Ellen - I, too, want snow! I want to walk in it, and smell it, and throw a snowball at somebody! Remind me of all this enthusiasm next February when I'm all crabby about it, ok, lol.

To all the Jaded Ladies - read about the chat in the above note to Marti and Cristi, and please let me know what you think of the revision, ok? If you'd rather PM me, please feel free!

Well, I have a date with Neal tonight. We're going to the Christmas Parade of Lights downtown, and then for a Christmas Stroll. Yes, it's being held too early to suit me, but they didn't ask my opinion, lol. (imagine that! sniff!) I am going to wear a new Christmas vest w/santas on it, and am already in a festive mood. It will be hard to backtrack to Thanksgiving after this, lol.

BBL,
Old 11-19-2004, 03:58 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default I'm baaaack...

for a few minutes anyway. Did ya miss me? Didn't think so

Jane~you crack me up. Hope you and Neal have a fabulous time at the parade-sounds fun. I haven't been to a parade in ages.

Okay have to cut this short. DD decided she needs to go to the emergency room-explain later.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:03 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Marti - I got distracted by the phone while I was typing that post, and didn't see yours. Have fun with Jhanai, ok?

Cristi - I missed you!!!! It's my job to keep you amused, lol. Edited to add - holy smoke, just caught the part about the ER!! Hope DD is ok - we want details!
Old 11-19-2004, 06:11 PM   #6  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

We did find out though, that he can’t have applesauce anymore. At least not when his plumbing is fine. When he is all backed up (which is never with him) then he can have it…cause applesauce works just like prunes on him! We also tried him last night to see if he has outgrown his milk allergy and it is looking like he has. We gave him a little bit of ice cream and a little bit of yogurt and no reaction like before. I am still waiting for him to give me a big diaper explosion from it. He loved the yogurt, and got mad when his Auntie Anna stopped feeding it to him.

Oh, and we are debating if we are going to take Brandon to the Thanksgiving parade next Thursday. We were going to go last year, but since we went to bed at like 2:30am, then got up at 5:30am to go to Meijer’s because they were having a sale on a jump box that my hubby wanted, we just decided to come back home and got back to sleep. And we ended up sleeping right through watching the parade on tv. The best part with the parade is that where we sit, by the time Santa makes it past us, and we head for him, we get home just in time to watch Santa hit the end of the parade route and get the key to the city.

Well our luck is finally changing for the good!!! Tommy went job hunting last night, and sent his resume to a local advertising agency. Well, they emailed him back and they were so impressed with his resume that they want to set up a preliminary interview with him! So he is going to set it up for hopefully Tuesday and we will go from there! He asked me last night while he was filling out the application online, that if we would relocate for the job. I said to where, thinking somewhere else in MI, and he said “I don’t know, maybe another state.” I said “no” and he started on his “you don’t want to see me succeed do you” and all that crap. It isn’t that I don’t want to see him succeed because I do, it’s just that me and my older sisters all made a pact that what ever happened we would NOT move out of state. And I plan on keeping that pact!

Jane~ Yup he did work for a union. But they had just gotten the union into his work right before they fired him. And he has tried and tried to get the union to help him, but he keeps getting the run around. He will get checks because he signed up for unemployment right after they fired him, like the next day, and so we are waiting on all that. He is already growing so quickly! He is going to be 7 months old on Tuesday! And he just started stage 2 foods….before we know it, he will be onto stage 3 foods and then eating table foods.

Angie~ I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Gosh girl, how do you do it? You go through **** and back, and still manage to be super mom.

Cristi~ My sister actually only made I think just Brandon’s costume before giving in. Oh wait, I think she was able to get Brandon’s, and her two daughters’ costumes done. She was trying to rush and get my sister Katy’s two kids costumes done, and instead burned her own arm with the iron, so she gave up. Mind you she did all this while being pregnant!

Marti~ You sure do have a full plate! Have fun with Jhanai!

You know, I put the list to send me a daily email about the posts on here, and I get these more then I did when I had it set to individual posts or whatever it was.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:42 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

{{{{{Angie}}}}}} Hope you all are doing better today??

awwww..........I wanted to be Perry Mason!! I guess I will need a lawyer. lol
I did get my change of venue papers in the mail. Can't hand them in til my response is ready.
My lawyer thing with my employer kicks in on Tuesday, so I am waiting.Though I signed up for a low income attorney progeam. Scale fee...go in on 12/1 to pay a 25 fee..........at least that way I would have an attorney with me in court on what I can pay.
Can't really pay this 115 an hour thing .....which would happen with my employer benefit.
Though they will advise me and write letters for me......blah-blah

Getting soooooooo sick of this.!!!!!!

They are SOOOOO mean on the lawyer board. lol.............omg- think they are about to hang me...lol..........the gull of me to take his child away from him- who the *&^% do I think I am.....lol.....

It was both our idea to do counseling. I just said I would need that in order for him to see her.
So, he agreed and it does show good on both our parts.....like I think we have worked hard on trying to get along.
Just can't ...............he is a jerk, that is that.....lol

sooooooooooo hungry!!!!!

best go

oh,,,,,,,,happy news I got my cell phone from Rocky.....
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:35 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies!!

Mindee - wow, Brandon is lucky to be getting those checks. In Indiana, he wouldn't get them, unless he was fired unfairly and could prove it. I used to deal with that a lot when I was a personnel director. So happy for you that it's different in your state. I don't blame you for not moving. If a man wants to be a success, he can surely do that in any state of the union.

Susan - Mike can't fight you unless he also has money for a lawyer.... or uses a court-appointed one. Are you sure he is even going to take this the whole way? As a last resort, would Rocky ever consider moving to Portland?

Hi to the rest of the bunch..

Well, ladies, the parade was so nice! We got there early, and sat on a tall ledge, under a tree. It began to sprinkle a little, but the branches protected us. There are no headlights allowed on the vehiclesin the parade, and all the twinkle lights on the floats are powered by generators. It was so beautiful. Except this one float, lol - they had an angel that was supposed to be suspended over the manger scene, and we could see the cord that held her up. Straight from the neck, and she just hung there. The cord holding up her feet must have broken. Anyway, it looked more like a hanging at Dodge City instead, lol. I can't wait to talk to all the DGDs today and ask them about Santa. He was at the very end of the parade, and looked like the real deal. I told Neal I'd better start being good, since Santa is in town, and he said he thinks it's too late for me, lol. Wise guy!!

I am very upset at my weigh-in today. I was hoping since I've had the flu, I'd show an even better loss than usual, but the scales say I gained 4 pounds. This is not possible! I have done everything the same with the food, water and the exercise. I got off the scale and got back on, and it said the same thing. I'm not holding water. It would break my heart to change my signature, so I think I'll just leave it. What do you think?

Gotta go call Maggie, I'm already about 5 minutes late... bbl,
Old 11-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #9  
kitty Momo

awwwww Ma Jane!!!

Miss you!! Mike has no money and if he DOES child support might want to hear about that......lol.

He is always paranoid that his ex and I are talking. Tells me not to get involved with their court stuff and told her last week not to get involved with this one.

She told him she would if I asked which set him off in a tizzy....lol....

I think if I bluff him enough he will back down.....hmmm, Perry Mason I ain't....lol....

Was feeling real good til I realized there are silly laws to follow, what a bother....haha.

Rocky would move here, I think.
I said he really almost has to come here and meet Mike and the Ex husband....and be there at the court thing. Has to show he ain't some internet sex perv ax murder kind of guy..........lol.
Just that his son might not come, might want to stay with his Nana, she is so close to him. She is like his mother......

Just hard.....so if he comes he will come by himself. If we were going to get married while he was here he would bring Kris......cause he promised him to be best man,....

anyway, that is kind of fun to think about.Almost had me forgeting legal hassles........

best get. Volleyball all day with Becky and she had an awesome report card!!! 3 - A's and 4- B's.....
Rach did great too! Need to do something special for them.

ta ta
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:25 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Geez, what a night...didn't think we would ever get out of the ER that place was so busy. Didn't get home till a little after 9 pm. DD has reflux and hasn't had an attack in years, anyway thought this was the same thing but not sure. The pain was about the same but she started throwing up at noon and it continued till we got to the ER-she threw up three times while there. She wasn't even wanting to go to the doc or ER but she saw a little blood when she threw up. Before they thought it may have been her heart and did all kinds of tests which they did the same last night. Chest x-rays, checked her heart, did urine and blood tests and gave her an IV while we were there waiting on the test results. Made her dizzy and sleepy. But she is fine, didn't find anything wrong-gave her some prescriptions. She came home and slept the rest of the night and is feeling better this morning. That was my drama yesterday-scary.

Anyhoo...

Jane~ sorry to hear about the gain. I don't see how it is possible though if you did nothing different. I had that happen to me once also, don't know if you remember...but just knew there was no way I gained 4 lbs. Of course the next WI proved it so it will probably show that plus more gone on your next WI. Glad you and Neal enjoyed the parade. Bet DGD's really loved seeing Santa. I love to see the little ones all excited over Christmas and Santa, so sweet.

Susan~I think if Mike sees you have a lawyer, I bet anything he backs down. If he can't pay child support how the heck is he going to drag this thing out in court? I just think he is trying to make waves for you because you are happy and he needs to deal with it and get over it. WTG Becky and Rach on the good grades. Have fun at volleyball today.

Mindee~again, love your avatar! I guess with the job thing I am a little different in that I would move wherever DH had to go to get a job. Being as he is the provider of the family if he had to take a job in another state I would follow. I know I would rather be close to family but I think you gotta do what ya gotta do and for me that would be to follow him wherever-but that's me and I can totally understand your pact with your sisters. Hopefully, Tommy doesn't hold this against you later on. Anyway, I do hope everything works out for the best for your family.

Marti~hope you enjoy your weekend with Jhanai and James.

Angie~thank you for the card and pics of Tanner, what a sweetheart he is. I will PM you my address as we are closing the PO box the end of this month. Hope Brandon and Tanner are feeling better today.

Hi to everyone else

Not sure what I am doing today, oh wait, that's right-laundry! Always doing laundry. Vince is going to put in a new microwave over the stove later when he gets home. Now I can get the old one off the counter and have lots more space. I needed someplace to put my crockpot instead of having to go out in the garage to get it every time I need it. Really need to get things organized more in the cupboards. Then he's putting together the 60 in. wreath we found at Lowes. Kind of weird that it is in 4 pieces, at least we only have to put it together once and then it can hang on the garage wall after Christmas. It will be better to put that together than to try and put 300+ lights on the 48 in. one. Of course I have to take the 48 in. one back to Wal-Mart. Had to run a couple of errands this morning and saw a couple of people decorating for Christmas. Aslo, last night on the way home from the ER saw three houses with their lights on. Really makes me want to get to work. Going to get all the boxes down out of the garage and go through the lights and untangle I think. Vince has to work next weekend so he's going to do a little through-out the week and on Thanksgiving. Anyway, not sure what else I will do today. Think that will keep me busy enough.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-20-2004 at 12:33 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:47 PM   #11  
Closed

Good Morning Everyone
How is everyone enjoying they're day so far, mine has had a slow start all those early morns and late nights are catching up with me,
Hi Angie
How is Brandon doing today,I know that its to soon for him to be feeling better but I hope he's at least comfortable ,I'm sending him lots and lots of hugs.How are you doing ,I know this is hard on you as well ,Its hard not to worry I know ,I hope also that Tanner is feeling better today , wow your poor family ,Its been a rough week hasn't it.I'm sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your familyand lots of hugs.
Hi Marti
I hope that your feeling more rested ,you have had a busy week ,so how was orientation?Did you get your leaves raked? thats something I haven't gotten to yet .My property is surrounded by huge trees and the leaves cover the ground like snow. as soon as you rake them more fall ,so I have waited probably to long this year,but maybe I can get some help today and get it done although its a damp cold day here.I hope that you and Jhanai have a nice time today.Did you finish your cards yet?
Hi Jane
How are you feeling,and little Madison, I hope that no one else in your family has come down with the flu there is so much of it going around. I 'm so tired of these dark gloomy days ,snow would make just a nice difference right now,I know it would change my mood and get the season going.How was your date,Parade of lights and a Christmas stroll that sounds so romatic,, I hope that you and Neal had a really nice time it sure makes the season come alive dosen't it. What are your plans for today ,resting after your big date.LOL Have a great day.
Hi Sue
I 'm happy you are having a good time and enjoying that warm and sunny weather,I haven't seen any on that for a long time now. Have a great day
Hi Susan
Sorry things are hard right now, seems like you have a( Rocky )road ahead sorry I couldn't resist.LOL I know this is a serious situation and I am not making light of it but thought a little and I mean little humor might lighten the moment ,but I promise no more Rocky puns. I wouldn't go on those boards I think they will just upset you, to many uneduacated opinions, stick to the advice of your lawyer ,otherwise you will go crazy with worry,Enjoy talking on your new cell phone, and have a great day.
Hi Cristi
Hows your day going so far , did you get your wreath decorated yet ,I hope your having a great day .
Hi Mindee
I hope that Tommy finds work soon ,and this job works out for your family ,I know how stressful that is for a young family, I will say a little prayer for you, Have a nice day
Hi to everyone else Sorry I have to go ,my son needs the computer , but I will be back later Have a great day,girls *ELLEN*
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 01:35 PM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning Ladies,
Susan, question would be why Mike doesn't want you to know anything about the ex and she about you. About the other site,,,do their comments matter? no they don't. They don't know the full story or are too closed minded...possibly they are*mikes* themselves.
Cristi, hope DD is feeling better...that would be quite scary to find blood while being sick. You are welcome about the pictures.

Jane, congrats on hitting 80 lb loss! And thats sweet about you and Neal having a date.....

Marti, hope you enjoy your weekend with DD and James

Ellen, how is the weather over there? Its warm over here, no snow.

Mindee, I don't think your sister would really hold you to a pact if it means it would be better for you and your family. You do need to take care of yourselves over a pact.
Tell she had to move to the same state,,,if James does get a job out of state.

Well yesterday was a good day and bad day. Tanner is feeling a while bunch better. Will do the matinee and show tonight.
Brandon thou had a rough night and day. Found out his cast was on too tight,,,his BP went way up , causing headaches,,,causing nausea. So they cracked it on either side. The morphine makes him so relaxed he forgets to breath so he has to stay on oxygen. The epidural wasn't in right and not doing anything but discomfort so they removed that. And so they upped his other meds,,,antibiotics and pain relievers. Which made him sick to his stomache and so his heart rate went from 60-65 to 125-130 which made his nurse jumpy. But last night he slept from midnight right through till I left at 10:30 am. He did pull his oxygen off a couple of times and got the bells and whistles going. That place was a horror place to try and get some sleep.
Anyways I need to shower,,,and some coffee...found out the hospital makes the worst coffee ever. Even worse then me...and thats saying alot!
thanks for all the well wishes,,,I have told Brandon hes got alot of people thinking about him.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #13  

Good Morning Ladies--

Mindee--That would be hard to move, but I'm with Cristi, I would move if James had to move, which is a possibility in our future. At one time we had thought about moving to Florida so he could work with my BIL.....As difficult as that will be. We have to think of our future and how to support it, and if it means moving, then I guess I'll have to move. I hope Tommy finds a job that he DOESN'T have to move so you don't have to break some pact you have w/your sisters.

Susan--Oh dear, it sure sounds like you're having to deal with such stressful things right now! As for that board thats telling you, "how dare you take that child"....you should have responded by saying "Well, he took himself away from her when he chose drugs over being a father" And as for you deciding if he should pay child support or not......as long as it's an ok agreement between you and Mike (and why would he object to that?!) than there is nothing that can stop you from changing that. According to the judge who gave me and my ex the divorce. I hope it all works out for you Susan!!

Jane--The parade sounds like it was fun! I have no idea if we have parade around here....I may have to check up on that! As for the 4lbs. Our bodies are strange creatures, you could be retaining water w/out realizing it. It may be that you're starting to gain more muscle mass since you're working out more....who knows what it could be. But I wouldn't worry about changing your siggy.....I'm sure next week you'll see the 4lbs gone and plus some. You've done so well over this last year and you're still doing a wonderful job. So don't worry, I'm sure you won't see those 4 pounds next WI.

Cristi--Oh what a scare w/DD!! I'm glad it's nothing serious w/her heart or anything else for that matter and that she is now home relaxing. Your wreath sounds beatiful. I am wanting to buy a big wreath to put on the side of our house, but I'm not sure how that would look. I am planning to buy one to put either on our front door or on the front of our deck.....just haven't made up my mind yet. I suppose I can figure it out once I buy one! oh....while you're doing laundry, feel free to come over and do some of mine!

Ellen--I did get my leaves raked but looking out there you wouldn't have guessed I raked anything! What was nice is that an hour after I had raked, the city came by and picked up our leaves. So at least I don't have this huge pile sitting in the road. I haven't even messed with my cards in about a week! I better get something done with them soon. I have about 15 of them to do....and I'm deciding who the 15 are going to get them this year while the rest get store bought. I'm not so sure I'll make Christmas cards next year...unless I start them in January!

Angie--How are your boys feeling? Wish I was there to help you out so you can get some rest. Let us know how they're doing.

Hello to all the other Jaded Ladies!

Well Jhanai and I decided that we want to start some Christmas decorating this weekend. We'll put on some Christmas music or have a Christmas movie on, make some popcorn and just have fun today. But right now, since I"m having a hard time getting up (I'm still waking up after getting up at 9:30) we're lounging around relaxing.

Time for me to make some late breakfast! You all have a great weekend..I will check in later on.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:42 PM   #14  
Closed

HI LADIES
I started to PM my address to you girls but I don't know who or how many of you exchange cards ,so if you could PM me your addresses if you would like to , I would so greatley appreciate it, and I would be happy to send mine if you would like that to. Thanks everyone *ELLEN*
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #15  

Angie--You posted before I did and I didn't even notice it!! Sorry! I'm glad that Tanner is feeling better. I received your card and pictures yesterday....very handsome young man! You should be proud. I'm sorry that Brandon is having a time with his injury and hope that he heals soon! Sending him lots of get well hugs to him! ((((((HUGS BRANDON)))))) It is times like these that I wish we all lived closer so we could be there in person to support each other. I'm really looking forward to someday meeting all you fine ladies!

Ellen--I'm getting ready to PM you my address. I would love to add you to my list.

Just wanted to check in real quick before I cleaned up a bit before Jhanai and I start decorating. I may check in a bit later.

Take care