Old 11-19-2004, 06:35 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #291 ~~TGIF!!~~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:47 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Thank Goodness It's FRIDAY

I'm up early which I don't mind except I didn't sleep well. Dh had started to get sick after drinking all that stuff he had to take to get ready for today so he wound up sleeping on the couch until this morning as I got up. So Andrew woke up and it was too easy to put him in the bed with me which I did twice. He didn't sleep well and wouldn't stay in his bed for very long. While in my bed, he tossed and turned and kicked me all night. But oh well, right?

Michelle, I think what you are doing is great too with the cancer warrior stuff. As my kids get older and can get involved in things like that I hope I can help them and convince them to do so.

Penny, that was a great article. Hope the walk turns out great and I think it will.

Chris, sorry that cold is making a relapse. Hopefully you can get rid of it this weekend and be back to normal come next week.

Phoenix, glad you were able to drop in. Hope you can keep dropping by.

Jill, hope school is going well. How is Bayley and her noggin from hitting the hard floor? Just like all kids do and remember, this isn't the last time it's going to happen.

Hello to Spryng, Cindi, Geri, Ricci, Ginny, Jaymi, Mel, Deana, Angel, Amy and all you other desperate housewives.

My mil will be here right before 700 to stay with the kids until they all wake up. Then she'll take them with her. I'm so ready for this to be over. Dh's has put this off for too many years and he always tends to think something terrible is wrong with him. He's sometimes a hypochondriac although I'd never tell him that. I just am always more positive and I really don't think anything is wrong, I really, honestly believe they will eventually diagnose him with IBS, but I'm glad he's having everything checked so he'll feel better. I'm not sure when we'll be back but I'll check in as soon as we are.
As far as our house goes, our materials are going to be delivered Monday so hopefully sometime next week we'll get started on the framing process. I'm really worried, because our credit is getting worse and worse because our bills are late, they are getting paid, just late and I don't know how this is going to effect us when we go in for our permanent loan. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Okay that's enough chit chat. I hope everyone has a great day and a great start to the weekend.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:26 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies! We have our computer back...but we have a sick household...even my Mom has it. The kids started with colds and we've all gotten it. Will's pretty much over it. Crystal...funny about the hypocondriac comment...dh has been whining about this cold...'cause you know he has it so much worse than the rest of us...ugh! Love him to death but when he's sick he drives me CRAZY. I have to go to work today...where my whole department is sick too...
Hope to catch up this weekend!
Have a wonderful day everyone
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:52 AM   #4  

I love it here!!!
I was so sad when I didnt get in all this week....I need to make sure I MAKE time for this...maybe work into the schedule....
whats on your agenda for today? I am doing a top to bottom cleaning..EVERY SINGLE ROOM...woot woot

Phoenix
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:01 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies....

Geri,
I miss hearing from you girly Sorry everyone is sick! That sucks

Phoenix,
Hope you get that house cleaned! Mine really needs some TLC also.

Crystal,
Hope everything turns out ok with dh. Please keep us posted. Glad you are going to be framing next week! How exciting!

Hi out there to all you lovely ladies..... Gotta run and bring Hunter to school and start my day

TTYL! PENNY
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:05 AM   #6  

MORNING LADIES!!!!!

Crystal, I hope all goes well with dh's test today. Sorry, you didn't sleep well.

Penny, great article. I bet you were pleased with it! Hope you are having a good day. DId you get to the gym this week?

Phoenix. have fun cleaning. I know I have some to do today as well.

Geri, I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Be well.

Ok, everyone, TOM is evil as we know, so I don't want to weigh in till Sunday when some of this water weight will be gone. No wonder I was so tired this week. ewww Wuck as Bugga would say. I'm doing so well with food and exercise. I'd better be down something this week. Maybe I'll measure ...uh I don't know. If I don't start losing soon, I'm gonna go the the dr and have her run some blood work. I should be down more. I know I'm gaining muscle, but it's still discouraging ya know! I'll keep at it though. Oh yeh, the trainer got the manager to approve me buying 10 more sessions and splitting them into 20 half sessions. This way I will get another 10 weeks out of it. She said just this once, shed do it. Half sessions are like 45 for the half hour. When you buy a 10 pack of hours and split them up , then it comes to about 33/hr. Big dif and it adds up fast!!! Yeah, cause this is my xmas present from about 5 people. ttyl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning all.

Sorry I didn't get back here yesterday, just a very busy day and I was really grumpy after 3:00. Scouts were rowdy, kids were fighting when we got home and I was trying to cook supper, then out the door again for Pack meeting. That made me mad too because all but one of my cub scouts were to get their first badge last night, but when he started announcing them he didn't have mine. I told him the week before at the leader's meeting who I needed them for and he was writing so I figured he got it. Well, he did apologize after the meeting and said he would probably find his list today. The worst part is that my boys were there and counting on getting it and then nothing! Sorry to go on and on I'm just upset about it and now they have to wait til next month's pack meeting to get them....grrrr!

Phoenix: Glad you go to pop in. on the 5 pounds lost forever!

Crystal: Hope all goes well with dh today.

Penny: Great article! I'm sure it will all turn out to be a great experience.

Geri: YEAH!!! you got your puter back. Sorry everyone is sick there. Get well soon

Roxy: Too funny about the glue trap I know it was frustrating at the time, but you will look back later and laugh. Sorry you didn't get to go shopping, good luck getting it done online. I do some of mine online as well.

Michelle: Way to cool about the tickets! Hope you get something arranged for him to meet a player, that would be the ultimate!

Jeniqua: Glad you are feeling better!

Kristin: How's the hair cut? Hope you had a great day yesterday with all your running. Where did you and dh have lunch?

Jill: Glad Hunter is okay. How is Bayley? Enjoy the weekend off school!

Ricci: KIDS!!! Just shrug them off.

Angel: on the gym! Wish I only had 20% BF to worry about! Maybe one day!!!

Chris: Geeesh! Hope you and Nicole get to feeling better soon

Mel: Yippeee! on the trainer! Sorry about tom, I'm with ya girl . My house is in such serious need of help! I have a list of room-by-room things I want done this weekend and EVERYONE is cleaning!

I probably won't be around much this weekend. There will be no TV, no puter, only radio and lots of cleaning....right down to the cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling. I will try to check in at night after kids go to bed.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll try to get back later today.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:31 AM   #8  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Dh just got home. He got a deer! Small 8 point buck. YUMMMMM!!!!!
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Crystal,
Darn you! I thought I had you beat this morning, and then I see you had gotten up way before me. Nicole woke up a little after 5. Hope they find out what's been bothering your dh today. I think sometimes it's more stressful not knowing what's going on with your health. I hope he gets the relief he needs. Speaking from personal experience, it's tiring to have constant pain all the time. I'm surprised he keeps up the pace he does.

Geri-Good morning gaL! Your house sounds like ours. Everyone is getting sick here too. It started with me and Nicole, and now DH is getting all stuffed up and congested. I feel better today.

Deana-tell dh congrats on the deer. I will be expecting a shipment of deer jerky in the mail. I love deer meat.

Penny-read your article. It's fantastic what you're doing.

Mel-Heck of a deal! I'm glad they could do that for you. I don't have the money for a personal trainer or even a gym. Even if I did, I'd be scared to set foot in one. Those little skinny chicks are rather intimidating.

All right, Phoenix-What's wrong with a few soap operas. My addiction is Trading Spaces and all those decorating shows, plus the food network.

Ladies, I better get off of here and get something to eat and a drink of water. I'm just about as thirsty as a person can get. TTFN.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:47 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Morning!!!!!
Ok, my makeup it trashed......anyone hear Martina Mc Bride's "In My Daughter's Eyes"???? Half the time I can'tlisten to it at all....can't even sing it in my head w/o choking up....ok I am a mush bag...and it is not even PMS time.

Deanna- venison......enjoy!!!!!! Bet Dh is happy!!!!

Chris- get that water in???? I too can watch decorating shows.....I like Room by Room on HGTV- used to be on at night and I have not forgiven them for moving it!

Melissa- my Dr has basically told me that "the body sheds fat at its own rate"- and there are so many factors. A MD workup might be good too....but then you might just be in a really stubborn plateau (mee too~!!!!!!!!!!!)

Crystal- let us know how the test went, ok? (I can give lots of advice on IBS if that is all it is)

Penny- hows your day going?

Geri- big jhugs to everyone....hope health returns to your house soon. COngrats on getting the 'puter back.
Gotta scoot.....Dd has a half a day, the poor kid will have to ride my afternoon with me on the luxury vehicle I drive. She is such a trooper. Got my walk in, so I am a happy camper. See ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:52 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi There

Michelle,
I sent in all my info for my angel. My mom has signed up too! See what a little word of mouth can do!!!!

Deana,
Congrats to dh on the buck. Hey, deer meat is deer meat right! I love deer and that is mostly what we eat here. It is supposed to be a lean cut of meat.

Chris,
Hope you got you in some grub and drink!

Mel,
Congrats on the extra sessions!! WOOOHOOOOO

Well Nicholas has speech in a little while so I guess I need to get going... TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:00 PM   #12  
**Kristin**

Hello! I am here again. Never got back down here last night, after all that runninga round and lunch with dh, sydney and I both crashed when we got home, for like 2 hours, and then we went to PLaydaze ( a giant play thing, like at McDonalds, only I can go through this one! LOL) It was fun, then I dropped the kids (dh, and dd, ) off at home and went to my girlfriends for a bit. It was a full, full day but nice! DH thinks my hair is sooooo sexy! I love it too. It is all layered and a chestnut brown with burgundy and copper highlights. It will be so warm and rich for the winter, I'm excited, I always feel so good after I get it done SO today is SUPPOSE to be cleaning, but I am just so not wanting to do it. I want dh to come home and help me, otherwise I am soooo not motivated! blech! There is dog hair EVERYWHERE, and the floors are gross, bedrooms and basements are messy and the laundry is piling up AGAIN! haha, no rest for the weary I guess.

Michelle - Still haven't got my warrior, hopefully I will soon though! I keep finding all these cute things that I want to get, but I need to find out if its a boy or girl first! LOL! I start today at the Childrens home, so excited about that too. I am going to help coordinate the "babes in toyland, fashion show and boutique" !! It should be a lot of fun!

Penny - The article was wonderful! You are doing a great thing! Congrats! and I can't wait to see who you get for a warrior! Sure is putting me in the mood for the true meaning of christmas, ya know! BTW - please post more often, we miss you busy lady!

Spryng - Where the heck are ya, we miss you like crazy too. Hope you are enjoying work though!

Leigh - We need you back too!

Deana - Sorry about the boys scouts fiasco. I hate when things like that aren't planned properly. Have fun cleaning, when you are done can you send all your chillins this way, I've got a few things they could work on! LOL! YUM! Deer Jerky!

Chris - Sorry everyone isn't feeling so well! Take it easy and get done what you can. Have you tried Zicam..I love that stuff, totally blocks the onset for reoccuring colds, in me anyway!

Geri - YAY! Glad that you got the puter fixed, sorry everyone you know is sick! LOL! Its just that time of year I think! Start disinfecting, and don't forget the toilet handle, the fridge handles, and the telephones! LOL!

Ricci - Yeah, get a life girls, I wou;dn't worry about it. They are just being young and dumb. Sounds like they are jealous, but also underachievers. You know better, and just wait until you get into a salon that you love and they respect your hard work and dedication! How are your kiddos doing? Everyone healthy?

Phoenix - Congrats on the loss, that is great! Glad that you like us that much, we like you too, post more often, k ?

Crystal - glad that dh is getting things checked out, its important. I do that too though, always think that they are going to "find something". It scares me out of going to the doc sometimes. hehe - but I always go because its not like I "asked" for wahtever could be wrong! Can't wait to see Pictures of the house, the framing, etc!

Jill - How is Bayley and did Hunters dad say anything!? I can't beleive it was 3AM before I went to bed the other night, CRAZY, but a blast as usual !

Mel - Glad that you can get more of the personal trainer! That is awesome! Did the trainer say anything about a plateau, like maybe you should switch up your routine, or something? Just a thought! Anyway, have fun cleaning, sounds like that we are all in need of some TLC for the house!

Okay - I think that I got most everyone! I am going to try and get off my butt and work. I need some definate motivation! hey I know!!! Anyone want to FLY with me!??!?!?! I need it bad! IM me on YAHOO if you want to !
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Just a fly by for me! I have to format a paper to turn in this evening so I need to be doing that. I just wanted to say hello!!

I'll BBL!!
Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:05 PM   #14  
**Kristin**

Penny and Ginny you snuck in, naughty girls!

Penny - YAY! The more the merrier, that is a great porgram to be involved in! Have fun at Speech!

Ginny - That song kills me too.the last verse is so hard because of people i have lost this year! sheesh! But it is sucha great song, Martina McBride has to be one of my all tie favorite singers! "luxury vehicle huh?" hehe.

Okay thats enough outta me!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:06 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey girls...
I'm back. I got the kitchen picked up, the living room cleaned, and a load of laundry in. I'm going to take it easy one more day on the exercise. I figure I might just be able to get most of this housework done by the time my dh gets home.

Ginny-Good morning gal! When I first read that your make up was trashed-I was thinking about how Nicole trashed my make up this morning by digging out my eyeshadow with her fingers. There is nothing this kid can't get into. I got some water down me. I feel better now, my throats not on fire.

Hi Penny-So happy that you signed up for a warrior. You guys are doing great things for people.

Well I'm scooting on by again. Gotta see how one of my auctions ended...
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote