South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 06:20 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Beach Chat 11/18

Good morning, Chickies~~

Already showered, had a cup of coffee and dressed for the gym. I'm a bit sore after my workout yesterday, so I'm guessing I'd better get right back up on that horse before I "chicken" out. I got weighed and measured and it's right on with what I have here at home. I'll get a recheck in 6 weeks.

Thankfully, yesterday was light, patient-wise. I got my under the sink hot water unit in and all is hunky-dory. Unless, of course, Dr. D gets up my nose again. In that case, he's going to require a bootectomy to have my shoe removed from his backside.

Tonight, dh and I are headed over to Discover Mills mall...ordinarily I hate, loathe and despise malls, but there's one of those paint-it-yourself ceramics places. I want to see how much it would be and how long it will take to make a coffee cup for my sister's dh for Christmas.

Well, I need to get my breakfast.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-18-2004, 06:59 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, Hello Mama glad you got your hotwater and I hope you don't have your boss up your nose today. In the next city to me they have a clay cafe where you can paint stuff like that. My girls went and had a ball. I think you paint whatever you want and then go back in 7 days to pick it up. Not sure if your place is the same but I guess it is lots of fun.

Me- well it is has been a crazy 23 hours. After I posted yesterday the phone started ringing. My dad's oldest sister is dying and he is trying to get home on time. When he lost he other sister some months ago he was about 12 hours to late. She had weeks and then with in a few days it was days and my dad was inroute when they changed it to hours I think he stills feels guilty so he is coming home hopefully by the week end if he can get a flight he feels he would rather be here for her now then at the funeral if she last longer than two weeks. He lives in Yellowknife NWT so it is not so easy or cheap to fly home alot. I feel bad for him as this will be his 3rd trip home in less than a year. Mind you I love seeing him so much but not the reasons behind it. After all the phone calls I ended up baking for dd bake sale: a banna bread, muffins and cookies as well as cinnimon rolls. ( I only had on banna muffin.) Well I must get going and see if my dad has his flight plans so I can make plans to get him picked up at the airport and see if I can borrow a cousins car so he can get back and forth to the hospital. Talk to ya later chicks.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:30 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Mama & Little Chick!
Mama... you go girl you get him starightened out! He better really watch it now that your gettin to the gym! lol Have fun at the mall!
Little Chick... I'm so sorry about your Aunt! I hope that everything works out so that your dad can make it home. He has a good point of wanting to be there now rather than for the funeral if and when it comes to that. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

As for me today... hummm not real sure! I need to go to Wal-Mart but.... I hate goin there! I've got some more cleaning to do. You know the neverending story! Hope everyone has a good day and I'll check on y'all chicks later!
Old 11-18-2004, 07:49 AM   #4  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning Ladies.

Mama - good for you for heading back to the gym!

Lil Chick - Sorry to hear about your aunt - but dispite the circumstances, enjoy your time with your Dad.

Me - the scale budged a little - was up about 1/2 lb, now back to 8lbs lost.
I discovered roasted soya nuts - please please please tell me I can have them! I love them - I prob shouldn't have the whole container but ....

I bought tofu last night - extra firm (not sure if that is allowed either but oh well) I want to try thin slices of tofu as lasagna noodles - anyone try that b4?
I'll let you know Monday how that turns out (gonna make it on Sun).

That's about it for me.

Have a good one all.
Kim
Old 11-18-2004, 08:07 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My ISP was down this morning and I just got in a few minutes ago.
I am dashing out to take Harry to his routine check-up for 9. Jane comes at 11 and I go shopping so I'm really on the fly.
Be good chickies.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacita
Unless, of course, Dr. D gets up my nose again. In that case, he's going to require a bootectomy to have my shoe removed from his backside.
Mamacita, you're so funny. Give him one from all of us... we're right behind you.

Little Chick, I'm so sorry about your aunt. But very glad you'll be seeing your Dad... I know how much you love him.

Bamie... have fun cleaning, girl. I hear ya... it never ends. And the laundry... just when I think I'm getting on top of it, I find a pile in some child's bedroom.

Kim, soy products are definitely allowed, but take it easy with those "nuts".
The lasagna idea is a good one!

I'm heading off to the gym. Again. I hesitate to say this, but I think I've lost a couple of pounds.
DH has today off, and we'll be working on the kitchen.
Sil... your dishwasher sounds wonderful!! Ours is just plain ol' stainless steel with one door.

Ruth, I hope Hershey is doing okay... give her a hug for me. It's raining here... I expect you've got little paw prints all over your kitchen floor.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day... hugs to all...
Old 11-18-2004, 09:41 AM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Morning!

Bright and early for me....for a change. I'm at work and so far it's all quiet.....I really shouldn't say the "q" word.

I've been behaving and pretty happy about that, went for a run yesterday, even happier about that.

Ellis, I hope you get your kitchen done soon! I would be nuts by now, I hate remodeling stuff, I think we've done too much of that.

Ruth, slow down girl, you are making my tired ache!

Bups, tofu???? extra firm???? ewwww. Let me know how it turns out.

Bamigurl, I suggest you get a maid instead of cleaning all the time and while your at it give yourself a raise..........don't you wish?????

Littlechick, sorry about your aunt and your dad. Prayers in your direction..

Mama, don't wait till the doc acts up again to give him the reindeerectomy....do it now! He deserves it now.....all the time!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:50 AM   #8  

RNMom, I didn't know you were running!! Good for you... I envy you! I ran for ten years, and I can't wait to start again. I'm just too heavy right now.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:51 AM   #9  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning. It's gonna be a great, sunshiny day at the beach.

Mama - A bootectomy? You are soooo funny. When you finish giving that one cause for a bootectomy, please come and do the same to my boss. I would love to see that one.

LC - Sorry to hear about your aunt. I'm glad that your dad decided to come back now, though. It is difficult with the flights to get back. We had the same problem when my mom was living in Yellowknife. However, since we live in the Edmonton area, it was a lot easier when the first port of entry from Yellowknife is Edmonton. Take care and praying that he gets home in time.

Bamie - Soooo your choice of jobs today are cleaning or Walmart. Hmmmm. For me that would be no contest...even Walmart satisfies the shopping urge.

Kim - You are so well organized to stay OP. I find, with me, that is the key to staying with the eating program. The organized and planned that I am, the higher the chance of cheating. Keep it up and let us know about the tofi lasagna noodles.

Ruth - Have a good day. Hear from you later.

ellis - Congrats on the weight loss and also the consistent gym workouts. Don't work too hard on the kitchen. How much do you have left to do? We did our kitchen a couple of years ago, but there are still little things left to finish. I would like to get them done within the next 6 months, but we will see. Hopefully, yours doesn't drag on as long as our reno has. We are presently working on the master bedroom, so this weekend I will be finishing handrails and DH will be scraping stipple off the ceiling getting it ready to stipple again. We are also having the hardwood flooring for the room delivered this weekend, so installation of that will follow. We are targeting Christmas to have the room finished...

Me - Boss is back from vacation today. However, I got a couple of major projects completed while he was away. Isn't it strange that they go much faster when the boss is absent.

Nothing much going today, either. Just going to fit a cardio workout into my day and plan to stay OP with the eating. I gain a few pounds last weekend with some rather poor food choices, but the pounds are coming off and I am back at goal once again. I am targeting to lose a few more pounds, so that my indiscretions will only take me back to goal, rather than over goal.

Hope everyone has a great day. BE GOOD!!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:23 AM   #10  

Peggy, so glad the pounds are coming back off. Be vigilant, girl!!

Here's a photo to give you an indication of where we're at in the kitchen. NOT GOOD!!
I'm going to get my darling out of bed, before he sleeps away the day...

Last edited by ellis; 11-18-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:27 AM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

ellis - Looking at the photo makes me tired, already. I can remember the days when our kitchen looked like that. It is soooo much work. We did a bedroom and bathroom last year about this time and barely had it ready for Christmas even though we slaved away every weekend and for 5 or 6 hours every night after work. Good luck on getting it finished. But, of course, you know that when it is done, you will have the pride that you did it yourself and it will look fab. Take care...and quit reading the posts, get busy.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

OMG Ellis... Oh I am exhausted just thinking about it! y'all tore out everything! Which is exactly what I wan to do to my kitchen! teehee Oh and my bathroom as well!

RNMOM... Could you send that Memo to my DH! lol

Sweet Tooth... Tooo much month at the end of my money so it would not be a pleasurable trip but a get only what you can't live without trip! I hate those! I really am gonna have to start budgeting my grocery budget better! Oh where is that Dave Ramsey book?! lol

Ruth... Hope Harry's check up goes well!

Bups... I've never had Tofu and I don't know that I ever will unless I eat it out somewhere or can talk my Mom into buyin some and cooking it! She can make anything taste good! lol

Ok all this typing and my cable box is blinking now! I'll wait til it's back before i hit send! lol Ok back on now! Chow chickies!
Old 11-18-2004, 12:01 PM   #13  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!

I have been away from the computer for a few days. I just thought that stop and say hello and wish you all a great day. 1 more day until Friday!!!! YEAH!!! I have to say I am ready to go off plan a teeny bit for a couple of vodkas and diet 7up tomorrow!! LONG week! LOL
Old 11-18-2004, 05:34 PM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

LC~I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Ellis~I emailed you the demo pics that I thought I sent you before. I don't know about you, but I don't plan on any holiday cooking for awhile

My demo pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/rnsilvia

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 11-18-2004 at 05:36 PM.
Closed Thread