South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 09:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default Let Go of Comfort Food -

I get this in my mail box every day. This one seems espcially good because the holidays are coming up. We tend to turn to comfort foods instead of people during this time of the year. This year I don't want to put on my usual 10 pounds between now and new years.

Let Go of Comfort Food -daily message from Norris Chumley

Many overweight people use food to comfort themselves. After all, food is something we cannot live without, and it’s one of the primary ways for people and families to connect with one another. The only trouble is, it can become a substitute for love, affection, and coping skills.

Think of some ways you could comfort yourself, other than by eating. Here’s a starter list: hug yourself or another person, take a hot bath, stroke your face or pat yourself on the arm, tell yourself that you’re good and that you love yourself, think of 4 good things about yourself, or finish some work you’ve been avoiding and then reward yourself with a short walk. Worship and spiritual practices can be a source of great comfort, too.

Put your beliefs into action. Practice stillness, gratitude, and service to others in need of comfort, and God will alleviate your troubles and comfort you.

There are many positive ways to get real comfort. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that overeating is either good or comforting.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:09 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sarah, that's wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
Old 11-16-2004, 11:11 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

oooh, that is SO good, Sarah... thank you!
Old 11-17-2004, 04:33 PM   #4  

Perfect! Thanks for sharing that piece.
Closed Thread