South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 06:46 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday Beach Chat 11/16

Good morning, Chickies~~

I'll get us started.

Be back in a min...just want to get a cup of something warm to drink...it's frigid outside. Brrr....
Old 11-16-2004, 07:01 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Smile

Morning Mama and the rest of you chicks to come. It is not to cold here this morning but the snow we got on sat is sticking around. Wonder if that means we are going to have lots this year??? I don't mind the snow as long as the roads are alright for driving. I have my supper started and I am going to try to get some cleaning done today. This working at night thing puts me behind, now that I don't have the eveings to finish anything that I don't get done during the day and I can't seem to get into cleaning once I get home at 10:30. So that is my boring day planned. How bout you chicks anyone doing anything more interesting than cleaning??

Beachgal- I am in New Brunswick which is the same time zone as Nova Scotia and PEI. I am so green that you are going to Europe that is my dream vacation some day.

Well chick I must get going to many things to do not enough hours in the day. Check in later if I get the chance. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:21 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Mama can you bring me a cup also? lol I can't believe I sat down without a cup!
Little Chick... I hope you get done all you want to for right now! Here's cleaning vibes coming your way! lol
I need to be cleaning today myself! Instead I'm off on a shopping trip with my MIL. So much more fun! lol Nuttin' much happenin' in my neck of the woods just tryin to stay OP! Well to all you chicks yet to check in Good Morning and have a wonderful OP day! I'll check back this afternoon and see what y'all got into today! lol
Old 11-16-2004, 07:30 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

I'm back. I brought oatmeal with raisins instead of a drink, but I'll share. Tonight is knitting. I'm having a sock crisis...again. Back in August I thought a sock exchange would be so much fun. The next time I think something would be "so much fun" someone just kick me upside the head, please? The fiber I chose is soft but not long-wearing ~~sigh~~ So looks like I have to restart from scratch. I'll ask Janice's advice tonight. She's always a huge help. I DO have almost a foot knitted on a scarf for my niece's Christmas gift.

Oh, and I'm stopping in at Contours Express tonight to meet with the owner and to try the workout. I know she's going to try and high pressure me into a contract. But the most I will do will be to try it for a month. If I like it, then we'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!!

Mamacita
Old 11-16-2004, 07:43 AM   #5  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning ladies

Got my coffee - but I am at work already

There must be a technical problem with my digital scale because it says I am up almost a pound - I haven't cheated nope nope nope! I did eat a few too many roasted chickpeas on Sunday maybe that is it. Oh well.

Picked up the Pilates for Dummies video on Sat but haven't had time to do any yet - watched ten mins of it this morn - doesn't look too hard *says the ultimate couch potato* no no potatoes are bad...Hmmmm

I'll have to figure out when I can work that into my routine - the pilates not the potato, I get up at 5am and leave at 6am so I'd really hate to have to get up earlier URG

On a good note - I found a place not too far away that sells those tofu noodles - will prob go after work on Thurs to get some.

Little Chick - No snow here yet - TG. Now that I am back to work - I can't seem to get anything done until the weekends - I do dinner, dishes and lunches each night then I want to sleep - cleaning and laundry gets left till Sat - doesn't make for fun weekends - I'l have to work on that.

I have wanted for years to have someone come in once a week and do the big things like washrooms (hate toilets! we have 3) and floors and windows - but DH doesn't like the idea of someone else picking up after him ???? Hello?? What do you think I am doing?? Sheesh Men! He also has a big blond dog and we have hunter green carpets ACK! Ok rant over - sorry got side tracked there

Have a good one all.

Kim
Old 11-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, chickies.

Things are back to normal around here with two spoiled dogs loafing on the couch beside the woodstove. Hersh has re-established herself as Lucy's boss and has been doing lots of ear-washing. Lucy just lies there and enjoys it!

We are going to the vet this morning for Hersh's post natal check-up. She seems to be having a problem with her hips which Morna's vet says is from being overweight. Morna's vet thinks everything is from being overweight! Anyhow, I'll check with my vet and perhaps get something like Advil for Hersh as she gives a little whimper when she leaps up on the couch. Her fur is also in terrible shape so it's back to the flax seed and salmon oil.

My car now has safe and functioning heated seats. When there is a recall on my cars, my dealer always calls me before I get the notice in the mail. I like that kind of care! They always give me a loaner and always have the car ready when promised. Sounds like a commercial, doesn't it. They are just a tiny Ford dealership out here in the boonies but really seem to care for their customers. Of course it helps that we have bought four cars and a truck from them over the years and have sent John and Rob there for their cars!

Today I must make a start at Christmas planning and get some shopping lists made. I go for my boob squish early tomorrow morning and may be able to do a little shop when I'm in town. After the vet, I have to get dinner started - boeuf bourguignon (sp?) which takes ages in the crockpot. That may be tomorrow's dinner if I don't get it on early enough. I cut up a very lean eye of the round and hope it cooks OK. I find that very lean meat is sometimes not great in stew dishes.

Happy Tuesday on The Beach!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:00 AM   #7  

Hello, everyone!

I cheated a bit at the end of Phase 1 and am up a pound today.
I worked out yesterday, though, and plan to work out 6 days this week. Spinning mostly!

I am also extending Phase 1 another week so I can lose that pound and hopefully 1 or 2 more. That's my goal for this week. 2-3 lbs. Sound realistic?

Kind of blah today...it's amazing how a 1 lb gain can really make you feel like crap!

Lauren
Old 11-16-2004, 08:07 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

cheez, you're all up early!! Hi, girls!

I'll be back later... just heading out to the gym... love you all!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:12 AM   #9  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Morning chickies I'm back from CA. I wish I could say I was OP but I wasn't. I was up quite a bit on the scale too. Irregardless I'm back to the drawing board for PH1 today. I had a good visit with DB. His girlfriend was ironically ill again. She was during last years visit too.

I hope to catch up later. Hope you're all well!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:45 AM   #10  
cac

Good morning all,

I have not been real bad with SB but not great and have been mentally degrading myself over this. I realized today I am only up .5 lbs. When I input EVERYTHING into fitday I am not eating that many calories over my range of 1900-2000 and I am exersizing regularly so i am goign to stop the mental $%^@#$. I feel calm now. This is a good feeling.

cac
Old 11-16-2004, 09:19 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies
Yesterday was a little difficult for me food-wise. DH and I spent the day visiting the granite warehouse trying to find something that we both like. Then we did some price comparisons on the dishwasher drawers (BTW, Lowes did a price match of an online store and I saved $300!), then grocerie shopping. DH hates to shop and always is in a rush. We were going to stop somewhere to eat lunch and I really wanted something that was OP but he kept suggesting places that were not.
Then I realized that this is supposed to be a life-style change for me and I need to be able to find something at any restraunt (healthy choices) so I told him "OK, then you just pick a place to eat." He drives up to "A&J's Tastey Pig BBQ". I thought "Oh My-lanta" but didn't want to start an argument~I knew he was hungry from shopping and I did have a protein shake before we left home. There was not one damn thing that was OP. I opted for some green beans (that I know were probably cooked with fat-back) and some Brunswick stew. Not too happy!

Then this morning I told DH that Thanksgiving will be next Thursday and the first thing out of his mouth is "Good, then I need to go get some pies for us." I don't want pies in the house for days in front of me and it's just the two of us this time. My gosh, he knows that I'm trying to lose weight and he has made comments in the recent past regarding my weight gain. How do I find the willpower to get through this with a DH who is home all day (off work for awhile) and still maintain being OP , yet not take away his enjoyment of food. This is MY issue , not HIS. I should be able to be strong enough without my dieting affecting him. Without a functioning kitcken it will be a challange to find some healthy substitutes for me through out the holidays.
Sorry for the ranting-I don't even know if any of it made sense.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:56 AM   #12  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning ladies!! Thankfully I had an OP day yesterday AND I went to Curves!! YIPPPPEEEEEE~ it feels good to be back in the game.

I hope everyone is having a good week -- I am super-busy today. So, it's off to get some work done. I might even go to Curves again today -- 2 days in a row!! Oh my!!

Lauren
Old 11-16-2004, 09:59 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Well, I just had a chat with DH and he agrees that he will try not to sabbatage my dieting and will make an extra effort to be more supportive. He also addmitted that he could stand to lose a few pounds and doesn't need those pies either. Progress!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:10 AM   #14  

Default good to be back!

Hi, ladies! I have read all of the posts today, and you all sound like you are doing well despite bouts with hubbies wanting pies. =) I am finally back 100% on the beach and I am so so so excited! It is so hard to stay OP without having the time to cook for it, and unfortunately, in the North End, there is no such thing as OP. The veggies for meal time are the tomatoes in the pasta, the protein is the pepperoni on the pizza. Even salads are coated in super fatty caesar salad dressing. So I am finally having a little extra time to cook for myself, and have an excellent salad for lunch, and making spinach and chicken for dinner. I am so excited! And kind of a dork for being so excited. =)

Also, hopefully going to my first stitch n' ***** tonight. I know how to cast on, and that is it. Isn't that sad? Hopefully I will know more by tomorrow. YAy!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:12 AM   #15  

Work has been so busy this morning that I still don't have my tea! I wonder if anyone would notice if I left the conference call for a few minutes?

Tonight is a den meeting so it will be a quick supper. If we have a little time before the meeting we need to deliver popcorn. I labeled each item last night and sorted them into crates by the street so they will be easier to deliver. 60 items is a LOT of popcorn!

I'm up a little today but I think it was the sodium in the soy sauce. The dinner was worth it though so I need to drink lots of water today.
Closed Thread