Old 11-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #1  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Default Lots of news/updates from me!

Hiya everyone.
I haven't been on much in the last few weeks, I've been sick since the last week in October, and now have a bad sinus infection. I'm on antibiotics, which are helping dramatically, I actually don't feel like I have a swollen face anymore (anyone who has had a sinus infection will probably know what I'm trying to describe - the pressure in your face). Then 2 days ago my daughter got chicken pox (according to the dr that her stepmom took her to. I am not convinced it's chicken pox, so I'm bringing her back to the dr today to double check). So we've been a healthy household.

And (if you've seen my signature) - I'm getting married!! The date is June 25, and I am so excited. I'm like a plan-a-holic now, it's so surreal still. I have a bio at a brides site, here is the link, you can see my dress and everything! I did talk to the seamstress and the dress can be made 2 sizes smaller (its a size 18 right now), because I am on South Beach and doing awesome with it. I aim to be 195 by the end of April when they measure me for alterations, then maintain until after the wedding (so my dress fits).

Another piece of news - I got a new vehicle! I had been driving my rusty 91 Crapalier (with 285,000 km on it!) for 4 yrs and decided to upgrade. I test drove some cars and mini-vans, and found that new cars feel so small. So I decided on a mini-van - and I will never own a car again. I cannot believe how spacious, and roomy and convenient it is! I bought a silver Mazda MPV. It looks just like this one, except the front bumper on mine is different. I am still in awe at driving a vehicle that runs so quiet!

Then sadly I realised that my scale was kind of crappy and inaccurate, so I bought a brand new digital scale, and it (of course!) weighs heavier than my old one. why does that always seem to happen lol? According to my old scale, I am 7 lbs lighter than I am. So while I thought I was 228-230 before, I was actually about 237. Now after 7 days on SBD, the new "accurate" scale says 230 (my old one says 224 - I still want to use that one lol), so I'm still slowly working my way into the 220's. lol

So those are my updates!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

You have been busy. First off many congrats on the wedding. I love the ring, the dress, the bridesmaid's dress, all of it. Looks like you are well on your way to getting it all planned out.

I'm so with you on never owning a car again (Not like our family would fit in one in the first place). I have a dodge durange and love it.

I too would get a second opinion on your daughter. Hopefully it's nothing and will clear up soon. Glad to hear you are doing better and your scale will be back down in no time.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:10 PM   #3  
Abby's Mommy

Raelynn,
Wow...what a time you've had! I'm so sorry your little girl has the chicken pox...or something like it...mine had those last year, and it was NOT fun.
Your new car is soo cute! It looks like a really comphy ride! We're thinking of upgrading a little bit, last year we bought a Jeep Liberty, but with all the baby stuff in it there isnt as much room as we thought there would be. Id love to have a Grand Cherokee...can you tell we love Jeeps?
That dress is gorgeous!! It lookes like a fairy tale princess dress! Is it one piece or two? Mine was simialr to yours (no sleeves), but was a skirt and a bustier type top. You looke so beautiful in it! Love your colors, too! Those flowers that you said you needed ideas for...are thay like a long chain of flowers? If they are, you could use them on the alter at the church. Maybe wrap some white lights (with whait strings) in some tulle, and stick the flowers in here and there. We did that, and although its simple and cheap...it looks really pretty.
Congratulations, hon!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:25 PM   #4  

Raelynn, you have been super busy. I am jealous that you got a mini-van!! I want one so bad. Right now the dh and I have only a two door Honda Civic for our family of five. Talk about being crowded. Your new vehicle is well deserved by the way your old car sounds. Congratulations!! You are getting married!! How wonderful!! I wish you the most happiness possible.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

Thanks ladies

Amy Jo - the dress is a 1 piece. I didnt want to go with a 2 piece because I have a short body as it is, and I liked how this dress makes me look like I have a longer body than I do. For those flowers, they are about 6 inches long (each), and if you take them out of the package, they have wire on either end that you could tie them to, or wrap them around something. I have about 12 of these, I was thinking to wrap around candles maybe.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:32 PM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

Raelynn - Congratulations!

Everything looks lovely and do you know what? Even if you don't lose 1lb before your wedding in June, you will be a very beautiful bride!

All the best,

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

you have been a busy girl!!
i love all the pictures! the dress is beautiful!! nothing motivates you to lose weight like your own wedding!!
How did you two meet?

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:29 PM   #8  
Future marathon runner

Aww thanks ladies!
Scott and I met actually on a singles line (but shhh noone in RL knows that lol), back in June 2000 when I was 8 mos pregnant with my daughter. We dated for 3 yrs, then separated for a yr and a bit, and have been back together for 6 months. We remained best friends even during the time we were not dating, and he is absolutely amazing.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

What a spectacular dress, Raelynn! I love the detail on the bodice and hem. Your daughter looks so cute, too. Can't wait to see her in her real flowergirl outfit.

Congratulations! And ditto to what Amanda said--you will look fabulous no matter what.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:01 PM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

Wonderful news Raelynn - I'm so pleased for you! The dress is lovely and you look radiant - even in the pic where you're not feeling well . Scott and Jordanna look very sweet and comfortable together.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Raelynn your doing great. 7 lbs in a week is fantastic. I would go and weigh at the doctors so you know which scale is right. I hate using a different scale. I just started using my doctors 2 weeks ago and it does not seem to be different from the one I was using at work.

I have a full size GMC van and love it. I'm with you I'll never go back to a car. Tomorrow we are going to go pick up a couch and two chairs. Could not do that with a car. I love it.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #12  
missaprylj

This is awesome news! (Well, minus the illness of course! Hope you and Jordanna are 100% ASAP) I'm so glad that you're back! And getting married! Congratulations. I love your little wedding page, that's so cool. My older sister is getting married in the next year or two (no date yet, they got engaged about a week ago.) and I'll be you're handling it MUCH better than she is! (Shhhhhhhhhh! I'm convinced she'll be Bridezilla.)
Congratulations! I'm glad you're back, now stick around! :wink:
Old 11-16-2004, 01:00 AM   #13  
beautiful

awww congratulations!!!

(have your daughter checked for strep throat. dillon started breaking out last week and come to find out several kids in his class at school have strep. this is the 2nd time dillon's broke out with a chicken poxy looking rash and ended up having strep throat)

i hope you guys get to feeling better soon! awesome about the new van.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:48 PM   #14  

Congratulations. It all looks fabulous. I really love the wedding gown, especially the train. Your daughter looks cute in her gown too. I don't think I'll ever get married but I love looking at wedding stuff! (lol) Have tons of fun planning
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 07:04 AM   #15  
There is no try, only DO

Hope you all feel better soon. Your dress is gorgeous.. if it was 2 piece and the sleeves were removed it would be rather similar to what mine was. I too fell in love the moment I saw my dress (after going to like 10 other bridal salons and looking lol).

Stay focused and I'm sure you'll make your goal easily. Wishing you all the best.

Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote