Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-28-2004, 01:07 AM   #1  

Default good days vs. bad days

Hi all, I was thinking this evening the difference between having good days vs bad days with respect to eating. While I really dont believe any day is either good or bad depending on what is eaten, that's just diet lingo.

Anyway, yesterday I had a bad day. Not eating the wrong things as much as just eating way too much in general, one 'diet' item after another, hence not having a deficite to lose any weight. Yet less than 24 hours later, I had a very good day, eating healthy lean things and not very much of them, and I have felt satisfied the entire day with respect to food.

What was the difference between the two days? Yesterday I didnt feel much like doing anything constructive, hence I didnt get too much accomplished at all. The dishes remained in the sink, the bed remained un made, and I felt like eating. Time was heavy on my hands and I felt like a slug.

Today, the 'good' day, I woke and started to work first thing, and did so for about 6-7 hours on and off. I also did the dishes and other work, enjoyed myself, and in general felt as if I was accomplishing good things. And in doing things I was distracted from feeling hungry and ate less, and yet felt more satisfied.

In general my better food days are associated with having interesting, time-consuming, productive things to do. My less than good days generally do not have structure and I drift, and then eat too much to fill the void. Seems like a good hint for how to live each day .

Has anyone else noticed any life patterns associated with good food days that you can duplicate resulting in having more 'good' days?

Jan
jansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:18 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've had two bad days in a row myself. Where I've wanted to snack more than usual and haven't felt at all like exercising. But I felt like I was trying to come down with something, so took a lot of vitamin C and decided to lay off pushing it and see how today goes.

So while it may seem like a bad day, sometimes it's just our body's way of telling us to slow down. Not always, but sometimes.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:42 AM   #3  
Getting back on track!

I always feel like eating too much when I'm tired, sad, ill, fighting something off etc.
Thankfully those days don't last forever!!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:32 PM   #4  

Boredom is probably the biggest reason I eat more on those off days or bad days!! If I keep busy, then of course, I don't think about eating, and the time flies by!! On those lazy days that we all have, is when I especially want to eat more and not worry about eating those unhealthy foods!!LOL Those days aren't often, but when they do hit, look out!!LOL
CAROL
Carolfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:55 AM   #5  

Like you, I have my best days when I have something constructive to keep me busy.

I guess there was a little truth in it when my granny always said idle hands were the devil's workshop.
punkinbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 06:22 PM   #6  

I was looking back over the week, and just about when my 'bad' day hit and I was tired and unmotivated, it coincided with my having prepared several things that contained milk in them. When I was younger I had a severe dairy protein allergy, and then is slowly went away over the years. I still eat less dairy than most because of years of counter conditioning, but earlier this week I used alot of it. I didnt have the old acute reaction, but I would bet what I felt was related to too much milk consumption. When I decreased the milk, I felt better and have had more energy again.

Jan.
jansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:31 PM   #7  

I too judge my days as good or bad depending on my food intake for the day!!! Sometimes I fell as if it consumes me completely. I'm so glad I found this site to help me vent and give me support!
*laura is offline   Reply With Quote