Old 11-14-2004, 09:58 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Desperate Housewives (Formerly Stay At Home Moms) #286~Sunday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #2  

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING LADIES!

Hope everyone is having a great morning!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes yesterday! Love you all! But, next year remind me to leave home for my birthday.....the kids drove me nuts yesterday so today they are cleaning ....I'm such an evil mom.

Not much planned for today except cleaning, laundry and watching the Chiefs at noon.

I'll check back in later...better get to washing clothes!

TTYL
Old 11-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Morning all. Just checking in.

Deana, wtg putting them kids to work.

Penny, glad you got to spend some time on here yesterday.

Jill, hope you got the homework done.

Cindi and Spryng, hope you are able to relax and enjoy your weekends.

Hello to Mel, Michelle, Jaymi, Ricci, Geri, Ginny, Chris, Amy, Angel, Sherry, Steph, Jeniqua and all you other Desperate Housewives. Hope you all have a great day.
We're staying home all day and hopefully napping later and not doing much of anything.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 11:29 AM   #4  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all,
We're playing hookie from church today. They have a Wed. night service so we are going to that one instead. I didn't feel like fighting the kids alone to get them ready. Kelly is working to make extra money so we don't fall behind at Christmas.

I've been messing around on here for awhile. Needless to say, I'm not getting anything done. I should start my day I guess. No plans, though. I might go outside and rake up the last of the leaves for my exercise today. Later when I have some downtime, I'm going to work on Nicole's Christmas dress. I'm making it out of dark blue velvet and and pretty old-fashion looking lace. It should be cute when its done. Then I can actually get her picture taken. It's only been 2 years since the last one.

I guess I'll go tackle the laundry and try to figure out how to get that stupid belt on the vacuum so I can get that done today. TTFN and I'll check back later after more Sunday "excitement".

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:00 PM   #5  
**Kristin**

HI ladies! I am so tired today, but somehow I got all of my errands run, a chicken in the crock pot and an apple pie made and put in the oven already ! whew! This weekend was nuts and I start my job on Wednesday, and I start my volunteer work on Thursday with the Nebraska Childrens Home. Should be lots of fun. I am so excited to get involved again the cause of adoption. I am adopted and I think it so important to raise awareness, since there are so many young ones getting pregnant and keep it because they don't know they have the choice of adoption! anyway, enough of my worthy causes! LOL!
Sounds like everyone had a great weekend, those of you that posted! Lets see what I can remember! LOL!

Penny - yay! I am glad to get my present early, it will be so nice, I can't wait to add the rocks to my home decor! LOL! You sound like me, stay busy to stay out of the fridge That is my plan of action too! I bet you guys will have a blast at Disney! and congrats on the recognition for your work for the kidney foundation stuff, that is too cool. Please if you can, post the article !

Deana - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Sorry the kids drove you nuts! You are not evil for making them clean, we do that to Sydney, and the other day I even had half of her toys in a garbage bag (threatening to throw them away) before she would help me clean her room! LOL! When I read that pie story I was laughing out loud. My g-ma's last pie that she made was suppose to be a pecan pie......welll...she forgot to add the pecans to the filling so she set them just on the top...then after she took it out of the oven, she realized it burnt because she forgot to put the crust in first! So she mixed together egg, sugar and flour and dumped it on top and tried to bake it again.......my god, it was gross, but she doesn't waste a thing, so she tried to serve it! Bless her heart, hope she is laughing with me in heaven now! LOL!

Jill - How is the homework coming? Hope besides that you are havinga nice weekend !

Chris - haha- hope you get your housework done, I just ran upstairs real wuick to get a drink before I started to post to you and there is moss all over the floor that I just cleaned, the damn puppy got into the plant......so I will be re-vacuuming etc, after I am done here !

well - now I am ticked off (see Chris's message from me! LOL! ) so I don't feel like trying to remmeber anymore. I am going to go drag the vacuum backout and get that all cleaned up! I will try and check back later! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:21 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

I've cleaned up peanut butter smeared all over the place, and swept the floor too many times to count...and now I see some little darling has spilled juice on the stairs. You can try and try, but things never stay clean.

I'm with you, Kristin...I'll be ticked off with ya too. Just one day where things stay clean would be nice. Just one...

Well its a slow day on here, I see. Guess I'll go find some other mess to clean up. By rights, shouldn't moms be the skinniest people alive with all they have to do in a day?

~chris
Old 11-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. It's slower here than it has been in a long, long time I think. Glad everyone's staying busy or if your weather is anything like mine, you just are staying in doing nothing. I've actually been working on my designs for the house. Got the office taken care of for the most part. I'm mostly trying to draw out in 3D for dh to see the built ins and such. I'm moving on to the master bedroom next. Dh is gone doing some work for a friend and I've got a lasagna in the oven. Kitchen is cleaned and that's enough for me.
Hope everyone's day is working out well. Hope to see more posts later. TtYL
Old 11-14-2004, 05:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!

I just got home from the ER. I had to go up there because I've been having chest pains for the last few days. My heart was ok and so was my bloodpressure, but they diagnosed me with pleurisy, which is caused by a viral infection, so they gave me a shot in my butt of toradol and then sent me home with a prescription for percocet and told me to take my vioxx everyday for a week otherwise it won't heal. I'm just glad I wasn't having a heart attack!

It looks like its been pretty slow here today I hope everyone is doing well!! I'll post again later when I'm at work but I'm going to take a nap for now!!

TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 06:23 PM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Ahhhhhh Michelle!!!! I'm glad your ok! That is so scary. I thought Vioxx was taken off the shelves? I thought it was dangerous? Anyway I am glad you are back home and not having a heart attack, geesh you almost gave me one! Rest up and take your meds we need you around here!

Anyway just working away on my homework here. Dh just cleaned the kitchen and living room and is throwing a frozen lasagna in the oven. I knew there was a reason I married him! LOL I'll check back in later and post some more, want to get done with this work so that I can watch some t.v. tonight. Hope you all are having great days! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 07:03 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Boy Michelle, that sounds pretty frightening. I'm glad its treatable. I'm on Bextra, which is like Vioxx. My mom said that on the news they were talking about testing that too to see if it causes heart problems. I hope not. It works fairly good on me.

Hey Jill-Can you send you DH to my house? I need some help. My DH is usually pretty helpful but has been MIA with work lately. I need some pampering. How's that homework coming? Good I hope.

Well both of you girls take it easy. I see Jill and Crystal are both having lasagna. I'm jealous. I have to help my Dh clean tonight so its Hamburger Helper here. Quick and easy. Hello to all you other Sahms and desperate housewives. I'll check in later.

~chris
Old 11-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #11  

Michelle: Oh My! Sooo glad it wasn't anything really serious. Pluerisy can be scary. I've had it before. Glad you're okay, get some rest.

Chris: I'm with you and Kristin on the cleaning up messes! I just tell dh that the reason the house isn't clean is because I cleaned it all 5 minutes ago, but the kids are home

Jill: After Chris is done with him, can I borrow him....maybe I can get Michelle's at the same time and my house will be immaculate . Hope the homework is going good. What are you going to watch tonight? CBS is showing and original movie I want to watch at 8:00 Central...Day of Destruction.

Crystal: Sounds like you had a somewhat relaxing day, enjoy it while you can. Glad the design is coming along for you.

Kristin: Tooooo funny about the pecan pie! Damned puppies, mine is a year old now and still can't stand to be left alone at home. He tears things up everytime we have to leave him alone, so we have to try and arrange it to where there is atleast one of us here with him...grrrrr!

Supper tonight was pork stir fry...yummm! I had to make my own sauce though, but it was good. I wasn't sure it would turn out decent cuz I used stuff out of the fridge and mixed it together and called it sauce.....LOL!

Well I'm gonna pogo for a bit before my movie. Probably won't be back here tonight. Hope everyone sleeps well. See you all in the morning.

TTYL
Old 11-14-2004, 08:25 PM   #12  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies!! This weekend has been very hetic for me. I am so glad to be able to finally relax. I want to say that tonight must really be a lasagna night..LOL! I made Lasagna too and hubby took almost the whole pan on the road with him..LOL!! He's back to work this week but will be off all next week. His work will be pretty slow from now until the 1st of the new year. After the first he'll be really busy again.
I didn't exercise at all this weekend..I know.. My eating wasn't the greatest choices either. Tomorrow I am back on phase 1 of the SBD. I decided to post pics of models with outfits I know I would wear if I was skinny again. I am totally motivated again!! I know I can do this..Even through the holidays I am sticking to my diet no if ands or buts. I am soo tierd of being this weight..

Michelle~ I am so glad you're okay!! That must of been pretty scary for you.

Deana~ I feel like a mean mommy too..that's all my kids have been doing all weekend is cleaning their bedroom. I cleaned their room like 5 times this weekend and I refuse to do it anymore..they have to learn to keep their room clean. BTW HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Kristin~ I think it's great that you're going to volunteer. Alot of my cousin are adopted and I thin k it's a wonderful thing. My husband and I talked about adopting a child when all our kids are in school. Let us know all about your new job on Wednesday!!

Chris~ I constantly clean all day too! I guess it's part of being a mommy! I wouldn't trade it for the world but I will trade in all the grey hairs my kids have given me..LOL!!

Jill~ HI!! I hope you got to watch some TV tonight!! What a sweet hubby you have

Crystal~ HI!! It sounds like things are coming along smoothly!! What is it with us and Lasagna tonight?? LOL!

Sherry~ Where are you?? I hope you had a lovely weekend!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Thanks for all your concerns ladies!! It means a lot!! I seriously thought I was having a heart attack!! I was afraid to go to the doctor though because I didn't want them to think I was just being a hypochondriac lol.

Jill yes they did take vioxx off the shevles but I believe that if you use it for prolonged periods of time thats when it starts to affect you. I'm not sure though. The day that the recall was effective I called my pulmonologist and he told me that he thinks that the recall is bunk (garbage) and that he's going to continue taking it and said that I won't have to worry especially since I only have about 30 tabs left.

Chris I used to take bextra but it made me feel funky but for that matter so does vioxx, but not quite as funky as the bextra. They gave me the shot of Toradol in my butt and I told the nurse (it was a guy) that thank god I shaved my butt today since someone was going to have to look at it, he just cracked up!!

Jill I hope you got a break in I want to read your paper when its done!!

Deana, what was your experience with pleurisy? Did you think you were having a heart attack too? I felt stupid for going up there but I was really afraid and thought they would tell me that I was just having a panic attack and send me home. I had that happen once when I had a gallbladder attack it wasn't an acute attack but it hurt none the less and the stupid doc I got said I was just showing signs of a panic attack and told me to go home and relax. So I went home and took 2 vicodin and relax I did lol

Jeniqua good to see a post from you!! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you!!

Okay I'm at work and should probably take a look at my assignments for next week. I will TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:25 AM   #14  
I'm a homeschool mama

starting a new thread