Old 11-11-2004, 10:13 PM   #1  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Talking Thank You Chicks!

It's official. As of this morning, I have lost 70 pounds. Me, can you imagine? 70 Pounds? I am shocked, amazed and in disbelief. I see it on the scale, I know my jeans are a 16 but I still don't believe it's true. For so many years I dreamed of losing weight. How many nights did I fall asleep saying, "Tomorrow, I will start and stick with a diet. I will get control of my life and live again." How many next mornings ended up in the Mc Donalds drive thru or D and D donuts for breakfast? Sneaking the food, eating it so fast so that no one would notice? But needing it so badly it hurt? And then hurting so badly because I NEEDED it. I know you know what I mean. I hated myself. I didn't want to go out in public and I was so depressed that I stayed in at night and ate myself into a coma. A fat coma. Then, one day, I woke up from that coma. My brother had lost 40 pounds on low carbs, so I said, "What the he** and tried it. After a few weeks of sucess, I found this group, and the rest is history. You answered my questions, supported me through frustrating plateau's and most of all, INSPIRED ME!!!! You are all amazing people and I wish only the best in life for each and every one of you. Together, we are a powerful group of beautiful, bright and sensitive people who make this world a better place to live.

I still have 50 pounds till I make my goal. But I know it will happen. It's not a dream. It's a dream come true. I am looking forward to actually going to the beach with my kids this summer. Me, on the beach! Sand castles, waterfights and laying in the sand, without wearing a really long t-shirt. I sm looking forward to playing baseball with the kids, running in the grass to get the kite in the air and (CAN NOT BELIEVE I AM SAYING THIS) Dating!!!

I have been alone for 6 long years. It's time for me to start my life over again on all levels. And thanks to you, I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So, to all my wonderful, bright, kind, intelligent, dedicated, beautiful (K, Howie, insert the term handsome here), loving, inspiring (DEEP BREATH) fantastic friends, THANK YOU! You have helped make my dreams come true. I pray that everything you have every wished for comes to you 10 fold.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:43 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Wow, what a magnificent post - it tells us so many wonderful things about you PLUS says some great things about us! Perfect

Congrats on your past and current success and make sure we hear all about the successes to come; weightwise and otherwise!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Congratulations, Shelley!!! I am so, so happy for you. I know you'll make your goal. Keep up the wonderful work!!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:27 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Way to go Shelley your doing great and I'm sure that next 50 will come off in no time.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:21 AM   #5  

Congratulations!!!! What an inspiring post!!
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #6  

YAY Shelley!! You're amazing! I love how confident you're feeling! Just keep up that fantastic attitude and let it carry you right through to goal. Your post was beautiful, and while I was reading it I kept thinking about how you are now providing for others, the very things you are thanking this wonderful group for. You are the inspiration, you are motivating, you are showing everyone that this really can be done. So thank you Shelley! Thank you for believing in yourself and for sharing this exciting milestone.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #7  
PamPSM644

Bless your heart! Thats wonderful! I can't remember when I last fit into a 16 but I'm going to.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Shelley, that is so great. You are doing a super job and truly an inspiration to us all here.
Thank you for posting that.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:27 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Aaah Shelley, I'm welling up here!!

I am soooooooooooo happy for you - your post really touched me as i can totally relate to your story.

Bless you sweetie - you deserve the best!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #10  
Taking care of me.

Awright Shelley - way to go.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:43 PM   #11  
Jennifer

Now, *that* was an amazing post. Thank you so much for sharing that. It's true, the confidence and ENERGY you're feeling really just come through your words. Every time I read one of these posts from someone who is really doing it, it makes me feel like, "Hey, that sounds just like me. Maybe I can really do this, too."

I wish you the best in what must feel absolutely like a new life. Thank you again.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:26 AM   #12  
missaprylj

That is great! I'm so happy for you.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #13  

Wow, I love your confidence!! I so love the words "fat coma", great description. *Gasp* Dating?? You wicked girl!! You are a very lovely person inside and out.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Thank you so much for sharing that. I'm glad things are going so well for you!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:26 PM   #15  
Getting back on track!

WOW that is amazing!!!!! Shelley I shed a little tear. What you said summed up a lot for me. I think you are great. Here's to the next 50!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote