Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 12:39 PM   #1  

Default Here is my website with before/during/after photos......

My pics were too big to actually put up here but you can check them out on line......

I always enjoy looking at before and afters - it helped me to know that I could actually do it!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/kymber98/

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Kymber
Old 06-19-2001, 12:56 PM   #2  

Hi Kymber,

Congratulations on your success. I had a look at your pictures and you have done great. Thanks for sharing.

Marie
Old 06-19-2001, 02:48 PM   #3  

What a transformation.
How long did it take you and how did you do it? Congratulations and well done.
slimline Scot
Old 06-19-2001, 03:36 PM   #4  
Egghead Jr

Angry Excellent!

Wow! I just called my husband in to look at the pictures, too. I said, "that's where I wanna be." I have lost 17 pounds since May 5, 2001 (231/214/130ish).

Pat yourself on the back. You look great. You are an inspiration!

Best Wishes!

Old 06-20-2001, 10:03 AM   #5  

HI All!

Thanks for the compliments...

It took me 9 months to lose the weight. And let me tell you.... probably about 90% of the reason was working out!! Also, the reason I have been easily able to keep it off has been due to working out!!!! (because there is one thing in life that I truly enjoy and that is eating!!!! LOL ).

Keep up the good work all.... believe me... I never thought I'd do it and finally one day something clicked!!!!!!!!!

GO FOR IT!!!
Old 06-20-2001, 12:35 PM   #6  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Holy guacamole!

Ok - first, you look amazing! Congratulations! Second - how did you lose so much so quickly?!?

I haven't been excercizing enough! You're progress is proof of how much good it does and in a shorter amount of time. I've been on WW for 15 weeks, and I've lost 25.4 lbs. I think I could probably take off more if I just get myself in gear and MOVE.

Thanks so much for the link and inspiring photos! Congrats!!

Cheers,
Taunia
Old 06-20-2001, 01:14 PM   #7  

Kymber,

You are soooo gorgeous! Congrats on your success! You look so happy in that last picture. Are you on a certain eating program?

CC
Old 06-20-2001, 11:32 PM   #8  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking wow...is right!!

No doubt about it...you are one of those success stories that should be in a magasine. Congratulations!! I couldn't help notice the 3 bottles of water on your desk....good for you.
Old 06-21-2001, 09:30 AM   #9  

WOW!!
I have to ask what kind of work outs do you do? How long do you work out each day?
You're truely an inspiration!
And to be able to wear WHITE tights.....!!
Great work Kimber
Shelly
Old 06-21-2001, 12:29 PM   #10  

LOL.... thanks again all....

I wasn't on any particular eating plan. I just ate healthier and cut my portions. Now (a year later)... I eat whatever I want but I only eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. I typically eat 5-6 times a day. I also drink about a gallon of water a day.

When I first started, I worked out 7 days a week (I could only handle about 15-20 minutes slowly on the treadmill). I always strength trained. Now I ride the bike at extremely high levels, I lift free weights and I use the treadmill. (I ran for a while and actually did 5K races but tore cartilage in my left knee).

I personally do not believe in dieting. It just makes you want to have foods that you aren't supposed to. When I saw a nutritionist, it just made me crazy trying to get enough protein and carbs in each day. I couldn't stand counting all of the grams etc.

My body tells me what I want, when I want it. If I crave protein.... it lets me know......

I just tried to eat balanced meals - plenty of fruits and veggies... and worked out!!!!

Now I average about 3-5 days per week (lately more like 3) but it really is the working out that is important. I cannot stress it enough.

Cardio AND strength training!!!! The cardio helps burn fat and the strength training increases metabolism. I actually eat more now than I did then because of working out (which is a good thing because I do like to eat ;-) ).

You all sound really motivated and believe me that is first and foremost important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again... Good Luck and keep going.... it does eventually pay off!!!!!

Kymber
Old 06-25-2001, 11:10 AM   #11  

Default Amazing, what an inspiration!!

Kymber -

Thank you for posting your site with pictures...

I'm currently at the same size you were when you started & this weekend I've renewed my commitment to exercise. I've been doing great with eating, but it's not making much of a difference...yet!

You look great, I'm sure you feel great! You are quite an inspiration! Thanks

Roo
Old 06-25-2001, 11:52 AM   #12  

Post Unbelievable

What did you do with all your old clothing? You look wonderful. Like a different person. How do you maintain your weight now?

How tall are you?

Thanks for the inspiration.

Old 06-26-2001, 09:07 AM   #13  

Thanks again for the compliments!!!

I gave all my old clothes to my friends who were heavy (notice I said were - they all started losing weight too after they saw that I could do it!!! - heck, my sister even started working out and she was never heavy....).

I have maintained my weight for the past year by continuing to workout!!! For the most part, I make healthy choices when eating (I really love healthy food now - of course, I still eat all the other stuff too... just only when I crave it - whoever invented chocolate and french fries should be hung!!!!!).

I'm 5'4".... and I'm NOT 125 like I originally thought I would be - it's just not possible for me because of the muscles I have gained!!!! Remember muscle weighs MORE than fat!!!!! At first I was freaked out about it... but ****, I'm a smaller size than I EVER thought I would be and I look good.... LOL.

Be CAREFUL about the numbers. Sometimes we set ourselves up for failure and disappointment if we keep looking to these stupid numbers that change with every website you look at!!!!!!

Kymber
Old 06-26-2001, 09:24 AM   #14  

You know what is the coolest thing? It is like you see all these sucess stories that you think it isn't the same person, but you are the real McCoy. I find that so inspiring.

I am following the Atkins Plan right now, and the weight is coming off, but as you said, I don't know what size I will be when I lose all my weight.

Did you ever feel like cheating or giving up? Sometime I get so discouraged!

Thanks again for your inspiring words.
Old 06-26-2001, 09:46 AM   #15  

HI Carblover!!!

Oh yeah... I am definitely the real McCoy!!! I was overweight my ENTIRE life!!!!! That's why I say if I can do it than anyone can!!!

I never felt like cheating because I was never on a 'diet'. I ate normal foods all the time and once in a while I would eat so called 'bad' foods. There are NO bad foods in my vocabulary now... just some that are not as good for me as others.

The problem with ANY diet is that you are depriving yourself of foods.... you should NEVER deprive yourself of anything (unless you have to for medical reasons). Diets also imply that there is a beginning and an end to the process. You really cannot end a diet because then the weight will come back on once you start eating 'normal' foods again.

If I crave chocolate, I have chocolate (I just don't OVER do it anymore). If I want french fries, I have french fries (I just don't OVER do it anymore). Get the point??? I eat these when I am hungry and stop when I am full!!! ( that is the key for me)

You shouldn't have a list of foods you cannot eat. You might have rules for yourself but that's it.. .. like I don't have ice cream in my house because I will eat some every night (I don't NEED to do that). When I want ice cream, I go out and get it... it tastes so much better then too (and I don't eat frozen yogurt crap... I eat the full fat full taste stuff!!!!).

I've gone on and on but I hope you understand my point. I am really against diets of any kind but I will not put individual ones down (although I have in the past). There is no such thing as quick weightloss..... it takes a lot of effort, exercise, patience, exercise and time!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Kymber
Closed Thread