South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:12 PM   #1  

Question Considering cheating...need help assessing the potential damage!

OK, so this Friday I am planning to go out with some friends.

It will be Day 12 of Phase 1. I *really* want to be able to have a few drinks and I am considering cheating a bit.

How horrible would that be--would it ruin my Phase 1? I wonder what would be the best alcohol choice other than red wine....Then again, maybe I should just stay strong and drink water or diet soda all night!

Dilemma....

Any advice?

thank you!

Lauren
Old 11-10-2004, 10:40 PM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Do you really need us to tell you what the damage could be?

Personally, I would go for club soda with a twist and a shot of grapefruit juice. Tasty and who knows you aren't drinking except for you and the bartender.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlaur

How horrible would that be--would it ruin my Phase 1?
Oh, yeah! Once you start a little cheat, it can really add up, and you could screw your entire week.
Bunna's suggestions sounds good.
Think hard about it, Lauren...
Old 11-11-2004, 08:42 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It WOULD be horrible and then you'd have to come back and complain about starting over. You are so close to completing Phase I that I'd suggest you just stick to the program.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:24 AM   #5  

I agree with the others. Also be prepared if you normally would snack at this place. You might be able to get raw veggies there but I doubt if the dip is on plan. I tend to bring my own veggies and dip, hummus or even peanut butter.

Now, I am phase 2 but I am planning on donating blood this morning so I packed some Triscuits and some Smuckers Natural peanut butter since I know they don't have any snacks that are on plan and it is important to eat right after donating. The key to everything is preparation. Sure, I cheat sometimes and it does slow my loss but it is very important to do Phase 1 properly - you are almost done with it!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:31 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lauren, DON'T DO IT!!! Seriously! If you cheat at all on Phase 1, you'll need to start over and it'll be as hard as it was in the beginning. Don't do that to yourself, girl!

You can play around fairly safely in Phase 2 without really messing up your weight loss and health, but doing it in Phase 1 is a total no-no. You are SO close...I know you can do two more days!!!

And seriously, I was never a huge red wine fan at all before I went on SBD, but I've become one. Merlots are lovely! Some of the SBDers here cheat with other alcohols from time to time and they might be able to give you some ideas when you get to Phase II, but please wait until then!

I get a diet coke/pepsi with lime when I got to Mexican bars, or sometimes I get a bottle of something exotic like a diet Vanilla Coke/pepsi, etc. so I feel like I'm getting something special.

But most of all, the thing I love is realizing that events like this are NOT about the food and drinks. It's being with friends, talking and enjoying each other's company. You'd be amazed at all we were missing while we were focused on food! At least, that's how I feel. :

We're rooting for you, Lauren!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:43 AM   #7  

I wouldn't suggest doing that. I noticed that whenever I cheat, I automatically weigh 2 pounds more the next day and it stalls my weight loss so much that I don't start losing again for almost a week after the cheat. That depresses me, making me want to cheat even more. Don't do anything that you are going to feel guilty about later.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:32 AM   #8  

You're all right. I knew it deep down that it would have been really bad to cheat in Phase 1. I feel dumb for even considering it! But, it really is not a big deal at all if I don't drink when I am out with my friends. I'll feel much better if I stick to the plan and I'll have fun no matter what!

Thanks, everyone, for steering me in the right direction and making me realize how important it is to stay on track--especially in Phase 1! I needed a kick in the butt!

I am going to promise myself I will stick to diet soda tomorrow night!

Lauren
Old 11-11-2004, 10:59 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Go, Lauren, go!!!

I knew you would make the right decision for yourself...and I know you'll feel AMAZING when you can say that you finished Phase 1 with no cheats!!!

It sounds like you have some wonderful friends, too. Enjoy the time out with them...sounds fun!
Old 11-11-2004, 12:48 PM   #10  
i luv my dog!

yes, Diamondgrrl, I've noticed the exact same thing!
Old 11-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Wow, both you and Diamondgrrl are doing great, A Broad! You are both so close to goal!
Closed Thread