Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2001, 08:02 AM   #1  

I can't believe it's almost March!!!!

Tina, how did it go today at the house? I've been thinking about what you are going through.

Bought 2 pair of Birkenstock clogs yesterday. Hopefully, they will help the heel spur pain. A friend of mine swears by them. She hasn't had any flare up of her spur for years.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend, staying OP, drinking that water, etc. Don't forget to have fun too!!!
Old 02-25-2001, 09:49 AM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Good Evening
It was a very hard day. We sold all the big furniture pieces the family couldn't keep. A guy came and hauled off the broken furniture, old woven rugs and old mattresses. The only things left in the house are some boxes of things that my sister will take home - and the tables we borrowed for the sale.
I did pretty good. If I could keep my mind on the business of selling, I couldn't think. Does that make sense?
On Tuesday, I plan on going over there one last time and walking through the house. I get weepy just thinking about going.

Food-wise, it was a horrible day. I ate 4 glazed donuts and tonight some awful Chinese food. It tasted like it was left from lunchtime. Yuk!!

Tammy, I hope those shoes do the trick for your heel.

Stay OP group.

Old 02-26-2001, 06:52 AM   #3  

Tina, it's OK to cry! You've been through a lot and it hasn't been easy. Take care!

Pigged out on pizza for supper and now I feel icky. Dumb.

Old 02-26-2001, 08:12 AM   #4  
Cute & Cudley

Hi all! Well it's been a rough week here. The baby has been sick since Wed. He has a fever, diarhea, vomiting, refuses to eat. Doctor said it was that rotovirus. I thought he would be better by now. His fever has broken, but still not eating or drinking hardly at all. I think that we have gone through about 50 diapers this weekend (he also has severe diaper rash). Therefore I am pooped and not looking forward to the week.
Also I am getting observed by my least favorite vice principal this week so I spent most of the day searching for a good lesson to do. Think I finally found one so wish me luck. It's weird that I still get nervous when getting observed. Hope it goes well.

Hope everyone else had a better weekend than me. The weather was yucky here - therefore no exercise for me. I'm hoping all this rain will freeze and maybe we will have a delay. We'll see. Have a great week everyone.
Old 02-26-2001, 08:27 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Kimmy-jo, I'm so sorry the baby has been sick. I don't know about that virus. I hope it stays away from this area.
You are doing great!!!!!!!! I'm proud of all the weight you've taken off.
About getting nervous---I don't think we ever get over that. It seems so silly but it happens. We're all pulling for you. Let us know how things are tomorrow.

Tina
Old 02-26-2001, 08:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

It's been too long. I hope everyone's doing better than I've been. Just can't get motivated. Winter's too long. I thought it was just about over & this weekend it's been cold. I haven't stayed on program or exercised, so I just better get back on these boards & smarten up.

I'll be weighing in this week for feb & I don't expect too much.

It's nice to be back here I'll be on more often & maybe get moving.

take care

maureen
Old 02-26-2001, 10:54 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Maureen, welcome back!
Talk about weather-----are you ready for this - it was 81 degrees here today. This is crazy. I loved it, though. There was like no humidity. I had so much to do. All I wanted was to be out in my hammock. (I hope the frame hasn't rusted out over the winter )

Stay with us Maureen. I could use some motivation myself.

Everyone have a great Monday!
Tina
Old 02-28-2001, 12:49 AM   #8  

Hi everyone.

Sorry I wasn't around for several days. My grandmother passed away this week. It wasn't entirely unexpected, she was 93 and in poor health since last summer. She had told us that she was ready to go for a while now.

Anyway, a few days of my week were totally blown, program-wise. I weighed in today and it was time to pay the piper, I gained back 2.2 of the 4 pounds I lost last week. At least I didn't gain it all back.

Just wanted to pop my head in and say I'm back. I hope everyone has a good day!

Cindy
Old 02-28-2001, 03:56 AM   #9  

Hi all.

I haven't had a lot of free time lately, but am still doing well on my new way of eating. My kids are out of school so we have been running around getting ready for our vacation next week. (Here in Utah, we are on year round school. So we get 3 week breaks during the year. It's nice when you want to go to Disneyland or Seaworld when there aren't any crowds.)

Cindy, sorry to hear about your Grandmother.
I hope all is well with you.

Tina, it sounds like you are about done with your estate sale. I hope you can relax now.

And sorry about your sick child Kimmy-jo. I know how hard sick kids are.

Everyone have a great day, and drink that water.

Tracy

[This message has been edited by wythe2 (edited 02-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by wythe2 (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old 02-28-2001, 09:19 AM   #10  

Cindy, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. You'll do fine getting rid of those 2 pounds again!

Tracy, I think I would like year-round school. I don't think it will ever happen here in the district where I teach. Too many "traditional" people.

Tina, 81? Sounds great! It has gotten colder here again. I'm not sure what the temp is now, but it has probably gone down 20 degrees since I left school this afternoon.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Maureen, glad you're back. Hope your weigh in goes OK. The days are getting longer, so spring is on the way! Hang in there!!

Kimmy, how is the babe?????

I went to my WeighDown meeting tonight. I really am enjoying it. Lots of sharing of goals, temptations, successes, etc. Some of the women haven't weighed since we started the program in January. That's just not me. I tend to weigh too much!! LOL

I am hoping for a loss this week since I didn't lose last week.
Old 02-28-2001, 08:00 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Good Morning all,

Cindy, losing a grandmother is so hard. Please know that you have my sympathy. Now is the time not to worry about being off program.

Well friends, today is the closing on Mother's house, my home. I went over there last night for one last time and cried my eyes out.

Everyone take it easy today.
Tina
Old 02-28-2001, 11:12 PM   #12  
In puppy hell

Hi there, anyone remember me??

Well I'm back (I hope for good this time). It's been a long bunch of months, some good, some bad. But here's a quick update of the good.

I quit smoking Jan 3 and have been a social leper since then. And also have eaten the equivalent of a house since then as well.

I got a new job! Unfortunately they have junk food (cupboards of it) within 10 ft of my desk which has also contributed to my weight gain.

So, I'm ready to recommit, I bought me palm pilot and have the WW software all installed so I can journal.

How's everyone? Believe it or not I've really been missing this site.

Addey
probably at least 170/10% 153/current is at least 170
Old 03-01-2001, 06:20 AM   #13  

Well great. I just so blew it today. I was doing GREAT until about 3:30 this afternoon. I can't believe I did that! I even ate one of those veggie/tofu burgers from Morningstar Farms for lunch! I could have had a real hamburger for the points I ate. I can't let myself blow it. I HAVE to do this, I don't know what I'll do if I fail again......

Old 03-01-2001, 09:08 AM   #14  

Almost Thursday again!

Addey? Boy, that name sounds vaguely familiar. I thought maybe I had dreamed it at one time or another. LOL Glad to have you back with us!! Be strong in your commitment to the program and you know that you will do it. I think that you should set fire to the snack cupboards where you work. Good idea?????

Texasmom, just jump back on the wagon in the morning. Push that restart button and you will be fine!!

Today was the last day for a little boy in my room. His mom came in this morning to tell me that it was his last day. Her hubby (not his dad) is becoming abusive and she is afraid for the kids and herself. I cried at the end of the day. So did Bradley and some of the other kids. When I hugged him, he didn't want to let go. When he was going out the door to his bus, he gave me another lengthy hug. Gosh I'm going to miss him! I'm crying again!!

Tina, Hang in there sweetie. Time will help ease the pain.

Good luck at weigh in everyone!!
Old 03-01-2001, 09:58 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

You know there are so many unlucky people out there! They don't know what a great support group we have.
Addey, you can do it friend. Take Tammy's advice and get rid of that snack cupboard.

Kimmy-jo, how is your little one?

Cindy, you will not fail.

Tracy, I'm glad we didn't have year 'round schooling when my son went. I don't know what we'd do without a long summer vacation.

Like Maureen says---we all need to get movin'.

Tina
Closed Thread