Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2004, 01:09 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default We want to hear your story!

Do you have a wacky, funny, or unusual fat story? Did you gain weight in an
odd way, lose weight in an odd way, invent your own diet, or have
anything unusual you would like to share with others? Did you try Slimming Slippers, or Fat-Away Soap? Your story could be in our book, due on the shelves in Jan, 2006.

Please email us at 3FCbook@ gmail.com , or you can PM us.

Our book will be a lighthearted look at dieting, and at today's popular diets.
Your story doesn't have to be funny or outrageous to be in the book, but it might help.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:32 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Read the details here for completing short surveys or sharing your stories!

We're giving away several $25 Amazon gift certificates for the next few months. One chance for each entry!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:28 AM   #3  
Raindancer1

My story is not funny, but mush, gooey, and true. I gained about 40 pounds that put me over the 200 mark just from being in love! I fell in love with an ex prof of mine, ooh, I had a crush on him when he was the youngest faculty member and I was senior. Then, although we live on the same island, same neighborhood, 3 minutes apart, we lost touch. We both considered each other book-toting, space cadet snobs. We actually were, back in the day. I did not really like him, he lectured too much, and I walked out of his class, dropped it, without a word. He "accosted" me in the hallway and let me have it. It was the Cold War from then. Ah, but 30 years later, we bumped in to each other, and after the usual pleasantries, I asked him to have a drink with some friends and me. The rest is The History of Getting Fat! It was breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and love for the next two years. Even though I played tennis with him, I built muscle and kept getting heavier. He is a svelte and gorgeous athlete and professor of mathematics, and not just one co-ed has fantasized about him. Love and Fat, what a combo!

Well, skipping a few chapters: the prof will be best man at my wedding in April. I re-connected with my highschool sweetheart (I was 14, he was 19) after 35 (yes, 35!) years of absence. We are like soulmates, and he asked me to marry him last April. He is also helping me stay on my diet!! I have lost a few pounds, and I share the wonderful inspiration and successes I read about here with him. Sooo...there is the skinny on a Caribbean Chick who went from slim to F A T to slimming down again.

This is a wonderful site. Love the stories and comments, and articles. Enjoy!

Raindancer aka Cathy from the Caribbean
raindancer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:10 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Sweeeeet!