South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 02:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Yup, me again!

For those of you who remember I tried to do South Beach in the spring, I failed miserably.. the withdrawl just hurt TOO much! But I'm back! And I've spent the last week quitting coffee (sick addiction, but I want more NOW!), and I'm ready for my next phase, Phase 1. I'm pretty scared, my withdrawl was bad bad last time (we are talking barfing, migraine's.. etc).. my boyfriend is going to nurse me back to health and we have stocked up on "sugar-like treats", like fat free jello, cool whip, and fat free popsicles. I'm hoping to fool my body!! So here I am again! Keep your fingers crossed for me, I'm determined to make it through Phase 1... heck, I've done Atkins (5 years ago) for 4 months with NO cheating.. this is just 2 weeks! Right? RIGHT!

-Aimee
Old 11-07-2004, 07:18 AM   #2  

This is SO much easier and healthier than Atkins. Once you get yourself over the caffeine addiction you should be fine. Hang in there!
Old 11-07-2004, 07:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back!
Old 11-07-2004, 09:33 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Aimee, you can do this, girl!!
Old 11-07-2004, 09:19 PM   #5  

I was feeling pretty good this morning! But it's nearing 6pm, and as predicted, although later than I expected... the sugar/wheat withdrawl has kicked in. I think I'm sort of lucky that it hits so fast, because I can plan for it. I'm foggy headed, and can't talk in coherent sentenses.. it's kinda funny really..

Thanks for all the welcomes (again ), and so far, I am making it further than I did last time.. yay! 1 down 13 to go! hehe..

-Aimee
Old 11-07-2004, 10:43 PM   #6  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome back Aimee. Glad to see you and you can do this!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:50 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

You hang in there girl! You can make it this time!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:00 AM   #8  
Trapped Skinny Person

Welcome back Aimee

I have just finished my 1st week of phase 1 and didn't have any symptoms or cravings - I did really load up on the veggies though - I have never before in my life eaten so many veggies in one week And I really do like cauliflower a lot more then I thought I did.

Make sure you don't get hungry - find an allowable veggie and have lots around and ready to eat.

I usually can't make it past week one on any diet plan - or I don't even bother to start most times - I found this one pretty easy really and I am feeling so much better - less tired etc..

Hey if I can do it - so can you

I'm down 6 lbs so far.

Kim
Old 11-08-2004, 09:46 AM   #9  

Thank you for all the words of encourgement I made it through the night, I had the worst headache and only ended up getting about 5-6 hours of sleep (compared to my normal 8-9). But the headache is GONE right now I always wonder why I get withdrawl so darn badly, but I guess my body is sensitive.. and while this part of it sucks, other times having a sensitive body is good, like I can't eat badly for the most part.. just makes me ill. Also, I'm the ONLY person in my family with their gallbladder.

I have been loading up on veggies, I made spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce last night for dinner. And made coleslaw for snacking, and have loads of veggies in my fridge ready and waiting. I also started South Beach the day my period started, this is because I don't get cravings during my period (just before), and I also tend to be less hungry... which has been working in my favor as well. My body has dropped a few pounds already... water weight, because I was getting up to pee all night, lol, too much info?

Anyways! I am off to work, I have a bag full of snacks, and am bringing 4 bucks for the store which sells cut up veggies. I am READY! Again, thank you SO much for all the kind words.. I've definitely needed it

-Aimee
Old 11-08-2004, 10:20 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Aimee, you're doing great! Sounds like you have made a lot of plans to set you up for success! YGG!

Kim, GOOD FOR YOU!!! So glad to see that you're doing so well! I feel the same way about SBD...never been able to maintain any plan for this long, ever. I've been doing SBD for over 6 months now...can you believe it???
Old 11-08-2004, 10:39 AM   #11  

Laurie - have you lost all those 95 pounds on South Beach? And did it only take 6 months? I have about 97 pounds I'd like to lose.. it would be nice to have it over and done with in 6 months.
Closed Thread