Old 11-07-2004, 08:56 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #289 Sunday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:09 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
Can't wait to see your slab! I know you are excited! It is an exciting time.

Jeniqua,
I know I am late but that sucks that you and dh had a fight. My dh used to be the same way about spending too much time on the puter. He thinks if he is home all attention should be on him..... MEN! Congrats on eating well though

Chris,
Didcha get Mt. EverWash finished.... ? Sorry the kids weren't getting along

Steph,
Hope you and dh had a great night together. Did you get any shopping done?

Elisa,
What is feng-shui? Is it decore or a decorating method? Hope you have a great day!

Spryng,
I am sooo sorry to hear about the hot water heater. It sounds like one thing after another with the house. Maybe you should sell it and come live by me I know tomorrow is your big day! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Sherry,
Glad you had a nice quiet weekend. I think it is nice for us to just relax a bit on the weekends.

Ricci,
Sorry about the problem lady! She should not be getting highlights to her butt and then complain about it when she comes in! SOME PEOPLE! How did your boss react about it?

Geri,
Kids Kids Kids... Mine do the same thing... I think they have a radar that lets em know when we sweep, mop, vaccuum or clean... Hope you had a good night.

I actually had some me time last night (with the kids running around...lol) but I did some scrapbooking... It was time

Well I need to get ready for church and all that good stuff. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

TTYL!
Old 11-07-2004, 09:12 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

I disconnected last night after reading the boards and thought Geri was the last to post but....... I was wrong

Deana,
I am sooo glad you had a great time at the PowWow. Glad you got some new insight. Are you excited?

Michelle,
WOOHOO! Can't wait for your weigh in.

Jill,
I never told you congrats the other day for the loss! That is awesome!

Spryng,
I forgot to ask about Tanner.. How did he do again last night?
Old 11-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Penny I hope you have a goodtime at church Did you get my paypal payment?

Nothing planned for today except to work 10 hours and I'm napping today because I got little sleep last night.

Okay so I wanted to post my WI......208.5 which is good since I was at 218 last week! So not too shabby.

Well I'm going to go back to bed since hubby is home.
Love to you all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #5  
Sherry

Good Sunday morning ladies! Well, I posted this mng in yesterdays thread so I thought I'd post in today's actualy thread! LOL! Now that I've had my coffee I'm feeling much perkier! Going to Walmart today and going to clean and workout. I think I'll do a workout tape. Probly end up doing WATPs, I love that workout! Dh and DS are going to a party this afternoon for my DH's fall baseball team. There's really nothing for Taylor to do so she'll stay home w/me and we'll go spend some money!

Ok, I need to vent a little. DH and I got in an argument this mng. it had nothing to do w/my wt but every time we fight he brings it up. See, I've put on a good 40 lbs in the last 3 yrs and boy does it bother him. He complains that I can't stick w/anything and why don't I want to lose the wt. I DO! But I gotta tell you the more he beats me up about it the more I eat! I know I shouldn't do that but I do. It's almost like ok, I can eat anything I want and your not going to tell me other wise! I'm having a really good week of dieting too. Journaling my pts and all, I'll have 4 workouts in after today. He just upsets me so much!~ I told him this mng my kids love me no matter how I look so why can't he lay off? He honestly doesn't realize he makes it worse.

Penny, sounds like you have a good day ahead! Ejoy it!

Crystal, looking forward to seeing pics of your new house! Isn't getting something new whether it be a car, house or cloths or something fun!

Michelle, I think I forgot to respond to you last week about the spinning class. I love it. They say you can burn up to 1000 calories and hour if you do it really hard. I think I probly burn 500 being it's only 45 min instead of 1hr. and I don't go as hard as the teacher. But I'll take 500!!!!

It's sunny and 61^ today yeah!!!! I've got the heat off and a couple windows open! I love the fresh air!

Did I tell you all we are taking the kids up to Niagara falls next weekend? I can hardly wait! We took them in the summer and they loved it so much we decided to go again. It's only a 4 hr. drive from here so that's not too bad! The first nite we went the last time they didn't even want to do anything but go in the hotel pool and rent movies! Works for me! LOL!

Have a good day!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #6  
Sherry

Oh yeah, Michelle....great job on the wt loss! 10 lbs! WAY TO GO!!!!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Just a quick flyby for me this morning, I just got up a little bit ago and dh is getting ready to take us out to lunch.
Ok, the hot water heater is fixed!! Cost us 10 bucks, lol. I was so relieved. We just had to replace the pressure relief valve and that was it. So happy about that. So now we have water and all that again. Now I think Bubba has chicken pox. Remember him running a high fever for 3 days with no other symptoms?? Well, the day before yesterday he started breaking out with spots. And yesterday there was more and they are itching him. But there is only about 15 spots and they aren't forming heads or crusting over so I'm not sure if it's pox or not. What do you all think?? But anyway, he feels just fine. SIL is sick with fever and such now and I am praying she is better by tomorrow. But I guess if she can't come watch them MIL will, so I know it will be covered one way or another. And does anyone know if I can just call the court house to see if I can get out of jury selection next month?? I really can't miss any training and I even hate to ask off for that day since I'm just starting. Does anyone know anything about this?
But yes, tomorrow is THE day... I'm getting anxious, but still excited about it. Plus tomorrow we'll have health insurance and I can get my eyes checked sometime this week and get some contacts. I've been needing them for a long time now.
Oh and Tanner did great again last night, so I think he will be fine and dh and I are really enjoying having our room back to ourselves, lol. Small luxuries, lol. OK, dh is ready and I'm not, lol... gotta scoot! I'll be back tonight!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies! Just popping in to say hi. Went to the gym this morning to work out and jump on the scale. I'm down 5 lbs this week. I'm so happy! Yes we got some shopping done last night. It was nice to spend some time together just the two of us. That doesn't happen very often.

Penny- Hope you had fun scrapbooking
Michelle- Way to go on the weigh in
Sherry- Sorry to hear about your fight. I think men just don't use their brains sometimes
Spryng-glad the water heater is fixed and that it wasn't expensive. Hope Bubba doesn't have chicken pox. Good luck at work tomorrow.
Gotta go watch some football. I'll try to get back later.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:49 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I just posted a long one and then it didn't let it go through. Said I was following an invalid thread. What's the deal?

My hands are tired so I'll just get back here later and post personals. I have to head back to the Mountain. I conquered Mt. Everwash (my sister's family's) but need to do Mt. Washmore (my own family's clothes). They don't fold themselves but wouldn't it be neat if they did.

TTFN

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #10  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Ladies!

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Sorry I didn't check in on Saturday. It was a heavy work day. We had to clean out the mess in the barn, so that we could put vehicle in there during the upcoming winter. So far we've been really lucky with the mild weather. It is such strange weather this year, a cold wet spring and mostly summer. Most of the root crops did outstandingly, but the other one were kind of behind. I planted a hundred tomatoes, and I didn't get the harvest I was hoping for. Anyway, lots of stuff to do outside. It was a beautiful day, even though hunting season opened and I'm always worried that someone is going to plug me when I'm outside.
Btw- totally off any subject but I recieved my "Bundle me" form ebay and I really, really like it. Just in case anyone was thinking of getting one for the up coming winter. I used it when the nights were in the low 30's.

Michelle- Congratulations on the 10 Lb. weight loss! In one week? That is sooo awesome!!

Sherry- Sorry about you're argument with DH. You're exactly right about getting stubborn about it. It's not very constructive for either of you. Why do they do that? I hope you have a good time a Niagara Fall. By next week it will be better!

Chris- Hi! LAUNDRY?! UUUUGH!!! You should see mine! I'm never done! I hate matching white sox, it's like going snow blind. You are so wonderful to do your sister's laundry! Bless your heart- can I adopt you?

Spryng- I hope Bubba's feeling better. But it's better that he gets it while he's little. Its very dangerous when they are older. I know that's not much of a consolation, hey- maybe it can get you out of jury duty! I don't know it's worth a shot. WTG Tanner, new bed. Congrats to you for getting a better nights sleep, well maybe not!

I just found out today that #2 son is bringing home a German student for Christmas. I don't mind, but have to figure out where to put him! I wonder what kind of impression he'll have of America, after he sees all of us!! I hope we don't drive him nuts! TTLY

~Roxy

Whoops! Sorry Penny! Hi!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls!

Spryng - You can call the courthouse and tell them that you have to work and aren't able to get out of it since it is mandatory training, but on the flipside of that your work is supposed to release you for jury duty AND pay you as well. I was selected twice last year but thankfully both times the case was settled beforehand. I'm so glad your water heater is fixed! About a month after we moved into our house the sump pump went out and we had to replace that but thankfully it was less than 100 bucks. I have no idea about chicken pox so I'm not any help there glad he is feeling okay though

Sherry what I always say is...a calorie burned is a calorie burned, don't discount your efforts in any way. You are doing awesome and I'm so glad you enjoy your class Thanks for the congrats on my loss this week

Steph way to go on your 5lb loss!!! Thats totally awesome Glad you got some one on one time with dh

Roxy yep I lost 10lb in one week but....it was a cleansing week from being off plan for a couple weeks lol, so the water cleansed my system and all the clean eating helped Along with the exercise of course. Take it easy today, it sounds like you worked hard yesterday

Well I'm at work and just wanted to check in on you guys. I'll be back later its been so slow here that I'll have a lot of time to play on my laptop.
Well off to study a bit and then I'll be back.
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #12  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Hey girls

Just got back from bible study and getting ready for tomorrow! It's my big day too!

Spryng...GOOD LUCK!!!! I hope your day goes well, give me all your tips for being prepared, I feel like I am not!! I am just excited I guess! Are you?

To the rest of you...I am sure gonna miss spending my days with you!! I hope to still check in once a day...a girl deserves a break right??? Stay on plan and work hard to reach your goals or I will have to crack the whip!!!

I bet I will lose weight just by working!

I will be back to post tomorrow about my day!!

Love to all!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #13  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hi Ladies!

Just got here for the day, it's been a lazy/busy day. Slept in a little, ran to town for a few things, watched football, mom came over for a couple hours, then helped dh put together the stove pipe for the wood stove in the garage, made a tote bag for Abby and helped her paint it, now just waiting for kids to go to sleep so I can go to bed. Man I was whipped from all the running this week and staying up late to get stuff done.

Spryng: Hope tomorrow is a great day for you! You're gonna do just fine! Don't be nervous. Sure sounds like chicken pox to me. The other 2 will probably get them too now unless they had the vaccine. Glad the hot water heater was cheap to fix. Don't know on the jury duty, I've never been called. Glad Bubba is doing well in Ava's room.

Michelle: on the cleansing!!!

Chris: WTG on MT. Everwash!!!

Steph: WTG on the 5 pounds down!!!

Penny: Hope you had a great day!

Sherry: So Sorry dh had to show his @$$. If he knows you are trying, then he needs to be supportive of you. If he isn't then it makes it that much harder to do. Tell him to take a hike next time he starts in about your weight because you are trying to do something about it. Remember, we are here for you! Vent anytime you feel the need.
Do you know anything about Cowboy Action Shooting? The reason I ask is that dh went to Branson, MO to shoot it last month and there was a guy on his posse that is from Solon. I didn't know that until we watched Cowboy Action Shooter Television on the Outdoor Life Network today and he was on that episode. I have no clue as to what his real name is but he shoots under the alias Blaze of Glory and is quite a character. I will try to find out from dh if he knows his real name.
Hope you have fun at Niagra Falls. If I remember right that's where my parents spent there honeymoon. I know they were there atleast because mom has pictures of it, and them there.

Roxy: A German student visiting will be so cool! My dh is full blooded German but doesn't speak a lick of it.....LOL. I'm sure he will be happy to meet your family!

Cindi: You're gonna do great tomorrow. Stop letting the jitters get to you. Let us know how it goes.

Well the kids are all out!

I'm going to pogo....LOL!

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 11-07-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Well one last post from me before I head to bed. I got the house cleaned up, dh swept and mopped the kitchen floor, he was such a dear, lol. In the morning I'll vacuum the living room and then the house is ready! My lunch is made and my clothes laid out (even the jewlery, lol) so I suppose I am ready. My stomach is churning the closer it gets... I'm so excited and scared. So no Cindi, you aren't the only one!
But anyway, I better get in bed. I will post tomorrow evening sometime. Please don't forget about me!!!! I'll miss you all!

Ok, sorry to not get personal but I will tomorrow night. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote