South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 05:31 PM   #1  

Default Winter hibernation

Good evening chickies,

I don't know if it's willpower, a hectic schedule, or just cravings but I am packing on the weight. I've been eating horribly and not even having time to work out lately. I can't get enough bread and sweets. I feel as if I'm getting ready to hibernate for the winter the way I'm eating. Everytime I say to myself I'm restarting I fail. I don't even want to get on the scale as I think I've gained it all back.

Depressed ,
Shannon

PS- On the plus side I got sworn into the Bar of Connecticut this week.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:04 PM   #2  

Thumbs up

Girl, I know what you're going through!! I have been yo-yoing for the past few months---eating nothing but sweets and other junk food for weeks at a time! I have tried over and over again to get back on the wagon with SBD, but I keep falling off! I have been avoiding the scale like mad because I know that my own actions have caused me to gain weight...it's hard to come to terms with that sometimes! Because I know that I made the decision to eat what I have been eating each time I did it. But, now I am making the decision to change myself for the better!

I am DETERMINED to stick with it and reach my goal! To avoid sweets, I just have to be really strong and cut them out completely (except for fudgsicles and SF Jell-O, at least for the first phase). I know what my weaknesses are and I try to focus on them when deciding what to eat. I always have found that writing down what I eat keeps me accountable--it has really helped me to not overeat or cheat. No matter how many times I have failed on this diet, I STILL believe that I can succeed, as long as I am strong about it and get into the right mindset and stay there. And I try not to forget how badly I want the final result!

You just have to DO IT, I guess. Just keep trying and tell yourself that this time, you're really going to do it! And get all that defeat stuff out of your head. You are in control!

I look forward to hearing how it goes for you!!

Lauren
Old 11-05-2004, 09:29 AM   #3  

Sorry you are going thru this. Get the breads and sweets out of the house, for starters. Just say NO! I think winter is harder for most people cause we do tend to crave more comfort food. But you have to change your idea of what comfort food is. Make some rich, yummy stews loaded with veges and lean meat. Or some chile. Try to get a grip on things before the Holidays roll around so you are better prepared to make good choices when confronted with all the Holiday goodies. Think about how badly you want to lose weight, and about how absolutely wonderful it felt when you were losing weight before. Make the craving to be heathier stronger than the craving for sweets and breads. You CAN do it!
Old 11-05-2004, 09:36 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shannon - Congratulations on your swearing in. You've worked hard and deserve it!

I get the winter hibernation urges too! Do I really need an extra layer of fluff to get through a Canadian winter? NO! We do have central heating and a woodstove.

I know there is a lot of emphasis on salads and raw veggies in this plan but you will need comfort foods to help with your mindset. I agree with the other suggestions but would also add soup! Pea and bean soups are especially satisfying and are good carbs. I've never been much of a soup eater but find that a mug of hot soup really warms me up and warms my brain too!

Ditch the bread and sweets as fast as possible! Clean your teeth when you get the urge!
Old 11-05-2004, 01:05 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Shannon! You can totally do this...remember that the more bad carbs you eat, the more you crave. It's a never ending cycle unless you get them out the house and just stop eating them! Do it right now, girl! Substitute refried beans with melted cheese, yummy Phase 1 casseroles like Taco Bake and the Chicken and Eggplant casserole, yummy soups (especially the Brocc. and Cheese) like the White Chicken Chili, and get back on track, for your health if nothing else. Okay? And keep posting, no matter what...it does help.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:52 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

I have to agree with everyone else's advice to you. However, I did want to pop in and say a BIG

CONGRATULATIONS!

to you. So proud of you and the work that you did to get into the Bar.

BUT, as always, it's time to get back to business with this weight loss stuff. I know you can do it. You succeed in other areas of your life through hard work and discipline. You can do this too.

Have a good OP weekend. Take care.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Shannon... how are you doing, sweetie? Don't give up, hear me? You can do this, girl!!
Old 11-07-2004, 09:19 PM   #8  

Thank you chickies. I think I'm getting there. My inspiration came today reading an article in a health magazine. Cutting high sugar carbs can help in my fight against cancer. Cancer is prevalent in my family history and I've already had a scare two years ago. If not for the weight, I am getting back on track for my life. I may go for more of a modified SB plan that I can stick to. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:48 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

You just do whatever it takes for you to stay healthy! Congrats on your swearing in!
Closed Thread