Old 11-03-2004, 11:58 PM   #1  

Default I'm in a rut...a bad one.

I lost 15 lbs. in September. Well, I've gained 10 of it back. I thought I was eating right, but I was exercising less and less everyday. Plus the fast food stops were getting heavier. Now I can't seem to get back on track. What do you guys do to get yourselves out of a rut? I feel awful physically and emotionally. HELP!!!!!!!
sweetpea0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:15 AM   #2  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Get out there and exercise! A good strong walk will motivate you and help to jump start weight loss again. And drive right by the drive through. That stuff will not help you lose weight - it is the enemy. If you are following a specific plan, read the book that coorosponds. It will help you to focus and get back on track. Do well one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow. Just focus on today. Good luck!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:45 AM   #3  

I agree a nice hard work out will help you feel more energized. Watch the movie supersize me, I haven't watched it myself but I have heard that its enough to swear anyone off fast food for at least a while. Go get your hair done or something else that makes you feel good and beautiful then go grocery shopping and buy your healthy foods so you will have good stuff around you when you want to snack!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

DOOOOOOO Watch Supersize me... It had a "scared straight" effect on me. I'm still not able to eat fastfood!
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:33 AM   #5  
PamPSM644

.I keep a diet diary. I record each meals total cals,and if I walk that day.After supper I add up everything and I can see if I'm staying on track or not.I weigh and record my total once a week to. It helps me check myself right away if I surcome to temptation also I can see my progress clearer.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

For me it was taking baby steps to get back in the groove and then go at it wholeheartily.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:38 PM   #7  
beautiful

great tips everyone!

i get into ruts all the time. these are some things that help me. but remember what works for one person may or may not work for another.

1. keep my eyes on the prize
2. keep thinking of the positive changes i'm making, even if for that one day i haven't done so well.
3. remember how i felt the last time i had a really bad time (ate too much or whatever the last 2 nights i ended up eating so much i made myself sick... so i'll remember that.)
4. just go! wake up in the morning and decide that today will be a great day!
5. look at my starting out clothes, the clothes i wear now, and the clothes i'll fit into soon.
6. journal journal journal!!! it keeps me on track and i want to do better when i journal. i have found that the days that i don't do well are the days i said screw journalling today.
7. weight commander.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Grocery shop! I tend to stop for fast food a lot (especially after 12-13 hour days, who wants to cook?!?), and I find if I have food in my house that I actually WANT to eat, I'll come home and make something. Even if it isn't all that low in calories, it's still better than fast food. BTW - when the big xtra first came out the patty ALONE had 40 grams of fat (partly due to the seasoning stuff they used). It's lower now, but just thought I'd let you know how bad it actually is.. stay away!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 03:19 PM   #9  
Crazy Canuck

Lots of good advice here.

You know how easy it is to get into a rut, right? So try doing it in the reverse. Concentrate on stringing together a few good days of eating well and exercising (take it one day at a time) and before you know it you'll be in the kind of "rut" you want to stay in
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote