General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 09:02 AM   #1  

Default ER4YT Blood Type Diet

I am Blood Type O and currently use this WOE with my Low Carb Plan. May sound crazy, but it helps me choose which vegetables, proteins, fruits and nut/seeds to have. Since there are always so many choices out there, and the average person doesn't deviate a whole lot from their basic choices, I figure I might as well make choices that are healthier for me.

I don't eat, for example, cabbage, cucumbers anymore. I have no more painful gas.

I don't eat potatoes, except for sweet potatoes a couple times a week.

I do eat most seafood, poultry, red meats. I do eat eggs occasionally.

The only dairy I have is mozzarella cheese, and goat cheese.

If I have bread, it is Ezzekiel bread (sprouted grain). If I have grain, it is usually rice.

Just finished reading Live Right 4 Your Type, the follow up to Eat Right 4 Your Type. You see how additional years of research has improved the data. Many people see this diet as bologna. That is their privilege. It is my choice. And if you wish to post to this board, please honor our choice.

I know there have been previous postings on the ER4YT in this board, but I haven't seen any lately. I hope this will encourage those that do follow it or are interested in it to sign on.

There are other links that are helpful too.

http://www.dadamo.com

http://www.foodforyourblood.com/

http://www.oz.net/~alden/er4yt/contents.html

http://www.dadamo.com/napharm/index.html

http://*************.com/group/ER4YT-O

There are others groups in yahoo based on your specific blood type. You do have to sign in to their membership base to use it, just as you do here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

MaryMary
Lost 27 pounds
Old 06-17-2001, 04:59 PM   #2  

Hi

I am also type 0 and i was wondering if this book and way of eatting has helped you lose weight. I have never heard about or read the book and it sounds interesting.
Old 06-18-2001, 03:22 PM   #3  

Am glad someone got this going again. I had a virus in my computer in the backup files and had two days of getting it fixed myself.
I was really sick Sunday. Saturday for lunch had a marinated chicken with lettuce salad. Within 30 minutes was in the bathroom sitting on the toilet. Then made the same mistake at dinner having something with chicken. Don't know if it because I am suppose to be a vegatrian or the chicken was bad. Had the full frontal headache, nauseased, bloated stomach. I am not hungry.
I m going to re=read the books again. I am sure I am Type A but don't know about the rest.
Summer is fine with me. I can eat all the fruit and raw vegetables. Just need to make sure I eat the ones I am suppose to.

Old 06-19-2001, 07:36 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to get the "reply" button to appear on my computer at work. It is so frustrating. So I had to wait until I got home to reply.

ncmom, I lost 15 pounds on the Atkins Low Carb Plan. And then in May, I refined it by making my choices with the Blood Type Diet for "O", adding in a grain 3x a week and cutting out dairy, wheat and corn. I also have a fruit about 2 x a week. I have lost 12 pounds since then. My carbs are up around 30 - 50. I could have been in a stall and this change helped me to get going again. I don't know. Time will tell. But I find it conforting to know that the foods I eat are absolutely good for me.

Sorry to hear you have been sick, jmtank. I know A's can eat chicken, but not lots of it. Have you ever tried tofu as a protein substitute. My husband is an A and switched over from red meat to tofu. His biggest challenge is to get enough vegetables. I can just see his mother when he was a kid. "eat your vegetables, Eddy."

I will try to remember to check in the evening and in the morning before leaving for work. I have a 60 mile ride ahead of me.

Everyone have a great day.

MaryMary

Last edited by MaryMary; 06-19-2001 at 07:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2001, 05:02 PM   #5  

I really think that my chicken was not good. With this heat I am not hungry. I tried tofu once years ago and that was But since then I have seen some interesting recipe with it. Just getting the nerve to try it again.

Am so excited. Have an opportunity to get promoted in my work field. Someone else has been asked but she wants to stay where she is at for personal reasons and she asked me today if I would be interested in the transfer to Central Office. So tomorrow I will know more about it. It will 12 months with paid vacations. And get health but we have to stay where we are at because of husbands' cancer history for at least 5 years.

Am busy cutting out a quilt top with scissors not the rotary cutter. And it will be hand-sewn. Not trying to do the pioneer thing it is the way this quilt has to be done.

Then in the evening I am re-reading the two books to get a better knowledge.
Old 06-21-2001, 06:41 AM   #6  

Hi jmtank,

The weather has been so hot that the drenching rain storms were a relief.

We just our shipment of supplements in the mail from NAP. I am going to also look around on the WEB to see if I can find them at better prices. My husband and I have been buying the Blood Type Supplements, me for O and he has A.

I also order the blood type test so we can have my daughter tested. It is hard to guess with her.

I do know the heat has affected my appetite too. Just can't eat as much. Breakfast is usually after I get to work, and then lunch rolls around way to early, by the time I get home from work who wants to eat. Luckily, my hubby will cook my something once in a while. He gets home from work around 4 pm and I don't get home til 7 pm. We hardly see each other during the week. But we talk on the phone.

Hope you have a great day.
MaryMary
Blood Type "O"
Closed Thread