Old 11-03-2004, 07:45 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #285 ~WEDNESDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:56 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy HUMP Day

Good morning ladies. Hope everyone slept well. I think I did for the most part.

Michelle, I absolutely loved that website you made. I went to the MSN site and added my bio and all my important dates. That was very neat. Maybe that's where we should guide people to learn all about us in one easy place. The MSN site they have to register and this and that, on that site they can just go from link to link easily and freely. Anyways, just a thought. Little Allison is doing great, moves ALL the time. Starting to get bigger and move up so it's harder for me to move around and breathe. Just so you'll remember that bad things too, lol.

Spryng, how is Bubba doing? Let us know.

Jill, I knew this would be one of those elections where no telling when we'll actually know who wins. I'd love to go ahead and say Bush but it's too close to call for me.

Deana, wtg on starting at curves. That is so good for you and I hope you enjoy every minute you get to do it.

Roxy, sorry you got some sick ones around there, but like my sis, having so many it's almost hard not to, huh?

Hi Steph, Chris, Amy, Angel, Jaymi, Geri, Cindi, Penny, Mel and all you other sahm's.

Well, it got really cold last night and this old house we're in lets in all kinds of drafts and we don't have centeral heat so we turned on our pellet stove in the livingroom and the heat travels throughout. Well we didn't get our screen out to put in front of it and low and behold Andrew touched the glass. Burned the tips of his fingers and a touch of his palm. Mostly just was red except one finger, blistered up automatically. Poor thing, we kept telling him, but as a kid had to find out the hard way. He cried for almost 2 hours, wouldn't let us do anything to it or look at it. Finally he just fell asleep from crying. But this morning seems better, he's using his hand and such so I guess he'll be okay. We are getting the screen out though, never know if they may fall into it or something. We'll probably be turning it back off today though.
Staying home and schooling. Dh will get to do some little things today on the house and the rest of the week is going to be sunny and beautiful so we're gonna schedule a Saturday pour, YEAH!!!
Well, I guess that's it for me now. I'm sure the other kids will be waking up soon and be hungry. I'll be around later.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  

Crystal, sorry to hear about Andrew's poor fingers. Hope he's feeling a bit better.

Michelle, thanks so much for the web site, it looks great! What a nice job you did!

Deana, so glad that you got good use out of the curves coupon. I'm so happy for you! glad you enjoyed it.

ok, have a cold this morning and I have training this a.m. and I dont' know how I am gonna do it feeling this way! I'll do my best though.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:21 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL LADIES!!!

Hope everyone is having a great morning!

Michelle: AWESOME!!! to sum it up. You are soooooooo wonderful to do that for us all.

Mel: So sorry you have a cold this morning . Hope you get to feeling better very soon. Thank you again. I will be going again in about an hour and going to try to go every day at the same time.

Crystal: Kids will be kids! Hope Andrew's fingers get better soon. They are so resilient and bounce back so fast it's incredible. Glad the weather is good so you can get more done on the house.

Busy day agann here. Curves this morning, walking to the library with preschool this afternoon, scouts after school, dh has to go to work and need to work on laundry. Dh took the dog out hunting for rabbits this morning so as soon as he gets back I'll be ready to go work out and a trip to Walmart for a few things. I swear they should just build me a house behind the store so I would be even closer ! Or just let me move into the store....it's so clean compared to my house .

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well Bubba is much better. He is still sleeping right now but my SIL brought over antibiotics yesterday (since I don't have insurance until monday) and I gave him some around noon. During naptime sometime his fever broke and hasn't come back since! I think we finally kicked it. Then my MIL was so afraid I would get what he had so she called her doctor and got another prescription for antibiotics and brought them to me last night. Well I am feeling better today than I was yesterday so I'm going to hold off on them for now. First because they interfere with my birth control pills and second because a side effect is yeast infections, and I don't want any of that, lol. So I will wait until I know for sure I need them before I start taking them. So I just doped myself up with zicam and vit c yesterday and I feel much better today.
So today, I'm really going to try and finish up this house while I have some energy. The rest of the house just needs touch ups but my room still needs some attention. So I'm hoping to spend a good hour in here sometime today.
Dinner tonight-- not sure, grilled asian chicken or a chicken and polenta recipe I have.

Mel, I hope your training goes well today despite your cold! Just be sure to take some tissue with you!

Crystal, I think you are right, I think Bush will win. I hope we find out today. So sorry about andrew's fingers! But yes, they always want to learn the hard way.

Michelle, that site looks great! But where will be chat? lol.

Jill, so how bad was the nurtional facts on what your dh eats? My dh now only eats once a day... he drives for 12 hours solid and then when he's done he eats. Can't be good for him. I keep trying to get him to keep snacks and such in his truck with him because his body needs fuel.

Steph, congrats on the great workout you got yesterday! What kind of nutritionalist are you going to see next week?

Penny, disneyworld?? I'm so jealous! Tell me your secret for getting decent prices on those trips you took, or have you been saving for a long time for them? I would love to take the kids to disneyworld or even sea world in texas for that matter.

Cindi, I know exactly how you feel about going back to work. I feel it to at times. I don't have resentment towards my dh because I know he is doing all he can. And he makes excellent money, pays all the bills and then some, but the medical insurance is crap and so expensive, so that is the reason I'm going to work, mainly for the medical insurance. But yes, at times I think, what am I getting myself into? Will my kids be ok without me? Will they start behaving badly? Will the job be so stressful that I come home in a bad mood everyday and my kids suffer from it? These are things you can't answer until you are working, and believe me, if it is too much then I'll quit without hesitation... but I think it will be just fine. Just think about all those other women out there working their jobs and their kids in day care or with family... they do just fine. Who will be watching your kids? The only thing that really concerns me is my dh... he keeps making statements that once I am a working woman I will find someone else and stuff like that. I hate it. If I wanted to go back to work to find men well I could save my time and hit the local bar, lol. So he's being very insecure about it all. But I think you will be just fine and your job sounds like fun and will be rewarding. But I am here for you if you need to talk! Did your card ever come in? When do you have to move?

Deana, tell me more about curves? What machines did you use? WHat were the other women like?

Roxy, so sorry some of your kids are sick. But I guess you are used to it. How does it work there when someone has the flu? Do you all get it?

Geri, congrats on the expedition!! What color is it? What year?

Chris, that is sooo nice of you to buy bunkbeds for your sis and to clean her house! I say, if you are "required" to cook, then you dh should clean up, lol. That way it isn't so hard on you. What did you end up having yesterday?

Well, I think I finally got caught up from yesterday! Ok, gonna get off here and get caught up on this house. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:15 AM   #6  
Sherry

Moring Girls! Happy Wednsday!
Went to ww today. Didn't lose anything but talked tomy leader about switching to that core plan. Not sure if I can do it...I really ejoy my carbs alot but she told me I could still do flex and track pts while trying to eat the core foods. That way if I eat other things that aren't on core I'm still on plan. So I think that's what I'm going to do.

Crystal, I totally understand where you and DH are coming from. The only reason I belong to a gym is because it's the cities new recreation center. It's for the entire family and it was reasonably priced. $295 for a family membership for a yr. They have all sorts of activities for the kids they have indoor and out door swimming pools and 2 sets of exercise equiptment, bikes, treadmills, elliptical trainers and various aerobics classes and spinning classes and such for the adults. They also have babysitting for $1 an hr. and you can rent rooms there for functions, mtgs etc....I do pay an extra $22 for the spinning class for 8 sessions. If they didn't have this I would not be "allowed" to join a club either. We have a ton of equiptment right here in our home and I have quite the video library. I started going to the rec just to get out of the house and have some association w/other adults. I love it and I do go when the kids are at school mostly. Oh yeah, they have a rock climbing wall for the kids too!

Cindi, I totally sypmapthize w/your job issues. I went back to work last march at an assisted living home being a waitress at my Dh's request and it was quite a battle for a while. He had recently moved his business home which made me more upset that he was here and I had to leave. Things actually didn't get better till I got this job at the school, less hours and I'm w/the kids.

Jill, have you gone to Slingo.com? That is my favorite site and it's free. You should try it if you haven't. It's totally addicting.

Ok, off to work. I'll check back in later!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:25 AM   #7  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! A fly by for me ! Penny you and I are flying by alot lately - you must be polishing my rocks for the friendship swap Anyway - lots to do today, errands, lunch with my dad and of course I have to continue working on this house to keep it clean! Okay so I am going to get into the shower and check on the kiddo. I need to look at my to day list to see what all is going on this week...for some reason, I am blanking out!

Michelle - Thank you for the site, it is wonderful! Its fun to have that! SO we will just update the msn site and you can update our new web site! Too cool!

Jill - thanks for the chat last night/evening/afternoon...both times and the fly too! hehe.......

Crystal - hope andrew is feeling better....I bet you will be so glad to get into the new house where those things won't be a problem! Have a great rest of the week....it is too cold here now, and will stay that way, so have fun in the warm weather! Where are the pics of the land and house progress????? I know we are all excited to see!

Spryng - you have the perfect attitude about going back to work Way to go, you will be just fine! Have fun working on the house. I might fly again in a little while before lunch so if you would like to!

Cindi - Spryng and you will have good support for each other, and you will get to do something for yourself! I'm saying some prayers for you and everyone else that is going through a big life change

Deana - Have fun running around, but I think that I wouldn't want to live closer to walmart, I would spend way to much time there! LOL!

Hi to Roxy, Penny, Chris, RIcci, Jeniqua, Sherry, Geri, Steph, Mel...and any other desprate housewife that I missed....I really gotta get my butt moving.....

Have a great day! Love to you all!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

I got an okay night of sleep thank goodness but the girls are a bit rowdy this morning already which I could do without. I'm getting ready to have some breakfast of canteloup and a pear and then I'm going downstairs with the girls to use the bowflex.

Spryng I just put up a chat on the new site Just for you Of course its nothing fancy but it works!

Penny I hope you have a great day!! Are you going to the gym?

Mel have fun at the gym!!

Hi Sherry!

Crystal I'm so sorry your little one burned his hand thats why we are nervous to have a fire in our fireplace here but like you said they do have to learn we just always hope that they don't have to hurt during the process.

Okay my girls want some breakfast so I better go!! Oh is anyone going to take the kids to The Incredibles? It looks hilarious!

Okay TTYL!!

Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:37 AM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning ladies!

This morning I have #1DD home with me, she was so upset because she was going for perfect attendance, plus she would have had to give a 3-4 minute speech today. I won't let her go with a fever, so she can rest and help me watch the lil' ones whille I do LAUNDRY. I have to capitalize LAUNDRY because here it's my nemesis. Especially whites. I admit it, I haven't caught up on it (where it's completely done) since the last time my MIL visited. She likes to do it! Really! So I have a good chance today of whittling it down somewhat. This morning is eggs and venison sausage for me and .

Crystal- It's like dominos, they will all be sick! I have hand sanitizer and lysol but they still have to smooch all the babies and snitch drinks from one another. You're sis sounds great! I hope you both are close. I have one sis, and we're not, but getting better all the time. It's a work on progress. BTW we have a woodburning stove in our living room too. Yes, Every last one of them had to touch it. They don't seem to be happy until they do. One had to twice, I wonder about her anyway!

Michelle- I checked out you're website! WOW! My #1DS is going to school for graphic arts and web design. So I say you did Marvelous!! The ladies are very lucky to have you!

Deana- Have fun at curves (my MoM goes there) and Wallyworld. Our nearest one is over 30 miles away. So I'm not so tempted. Off the subject, do you butcher your own chickens too or have layers?

Spryng- I'm glad Bubba is better, what a relief. Especially when your just new to work again. Yes, when we get sick we all get sick, except for DH, I think he has the cockroach gene. He claims cigarettes and whisky ward off all germs . But I'm not willing to test his theory. When we have the flu, it's immobilizing. It usually takes me two weeks to catch up on 3-4 days illness. Mostly LAUNDRY! .

Speaking of LAUNDRY, I better get out the bobcat and do some! I'll be sure to check in in between loads sometime. TTYL!

All of you have a wonderful day!!

~Roxy

Forgot to edit my sig. for that one pound
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:28 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...

Roxy-the laundry queen. I thinK I could run a close contest with you for that one. It seems like all we do around here is laundry and I'm only doing it for 5 people. You are like some super heroine taking care of your family. Good job hon!

Spryng-I ended up with spaghetti last night...how's that for gourmet cooking? At least the kids will eat it without making the faces. Glad Bubba is feeling better. It just stinks to have sick kids without insurance. Those darn doctors charge to much and the antibiotics cost a small fortune too. I'm glad we finally have been able to afford it. We went for 5 yrs. without it. That was hard.

Crystal-Poor Andrew I hope he didn't get burnt too badly. I imagine that hurt pretty good.

Michelle- That website looks awesome. You did a great job. Where you find the time to do those things is beyond me. It's a miracle if I can get one room in my house done withuout getting interrupted. I love it!

I got my workout in this morning already. I'll get more personals done later. I have to get ready for the good old parent-teacher conferences. I dread those. You never know what your kids do in school and how many embarrassing stories they are passing around. Mama's worst nightmare!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:59 AM   #11  

I got a 20 minute workout in, kids were being rowdy, and dh didn't leave me the full instructions for the bowflex so there were only a few exercises that I knew how to do. He said he will take me downstairs when he gets home and show me how to do it.

Thanks for the compliments on the site everyone I really enjoy doing that kind of stuff...obviously. I was thinking of making all my own graphics for the page but it is very time consuming and I don't have the time to spend doing that.

But at anyrate even if no one liked it it gave me something to do yesterday in my ME time that hubby gave me.

Back to work for me tonight 8pm to 1 am so only 5 hours and I'm thinking if I'm not too tired when I get home that I'll do a 2 mile watp dvd. We'll see though I'm not commiting to that yet

Chris and Roxy I'm so lucky cuz my hubby does the laundry here! Hes so wonderful!

Spryng I'm glad that bubba is feeling better! I just hate to see little ones sick Teagan is getting better too she was just having a hard time coughing it up the first few days. but the humidifier is working wonders as usual.

Penny where are you?

Leigh are you coming back? We miss you!!

Roxy I hope you daughter starts feeling better

well I gotta go get some stuff done
TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 11-03-2004, 12:25 PM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

Michelle-WoW!!!! Your husband does all the laundry! I'm totally jealous! Well, I have helpers doing the other things, but the laundry is mine. I like to sort, and treat stains and add smell good stuff, and set the dryer for low-med instead of flamethrower. The other take issue with the way I do it, so I have to do it if I want it my way. Did you go to school to learn Web design?

Chris- Our H.S. teacher calls them parent/torture meetings and mine are Thurs. Oh boy, can't wait!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Good afternoon everyone. Hope everyone's having a wonderful day. I just finished vacuuning, cleaning the bathroom, and baking some apple muffins. I have about an hour before I have to pick up the kids from school so I thought I'd pop in.
Crystal- Poor Andrew! Sorry he got hurt. Glad to hear is doing okay. Hope the weather forecast doesn't change on you.
Mel- have fun with the trainer. I'm really feeling it in my legs today. I guess that means it's working.
Deana- have fun at Curves. Hope you get a good workout.
Spryng- Glad to hear that Bubba is feeling better. Hope you don't get sick too. The nutritional meeting is with my trainer. I will have my resting metabolic rate(rmr) tested and then have a diet plan developed for me.
Shery- Sorry you didn't have a loss, but at least you didn't gain. Maintaining is better anyday over gaining. Hope you have success with whatever plan you decide on.
Kristin- you sound busy today. Hope you get some time to relax.
Michelle- That website is great. You are really talented. How do I go about having my bio added?
Roxy- Laundry. I hate doing laundry. I couldn't imagine havin to do it for 12 people. Hope your daughter feels better soon.
Chris- Way to go on getting your workout done. I have conferences in 2 weeks.
Just a curious question, but I was wondering when everyone's birthdays were?Kids too.
My birthday is Jan 2 and I will be 27. My stepdaughter's birthday is Aug 26, my son's is Feb 18, and my daughter's is Oct 20. Hubby's is Sept 1. Okay I'll be back later.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #14  

Anyone who wants their bio added please go to the msn site and post your bio in the message board section. I also just realized that you probably won't see the fonts that I used because they are not part of the windows font package. I download a ton of fonts for scrapbooking and such so thats why the fonts you see on the buttons don't match the ones I typed directly onto to the page itself. Some one asked if I went to school for web design...easy answer is no lol I taught myself how to use the programs and I dabble a little bit in graphic art but it takes time to learn so I do a little here and there.

I just got some of the house picked up and the girls are watching the wiggles. I'm totally on plan today despite having a full bowl of halloween candy YIKES!! But I've vowed to lose 20 lbs by xmas so here I start anew.

oh here is the link to the msn group http://groups.msn.com/momslosingweight

Steph you just reminded me I have to go clean the bathroom too! Yesterday Taylor took a bath with me and we colored the shower walls with the alphabet it was fun but man I hate cleaning those bathtub crayons off the wall.

Well I'm gonna finish cleaning up and I'll be back in a bit.
Love to all
Michelle
Old 11-03-2004, 02:24 PM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Bush Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH, I'm so glad Bush is there. I was so worried that Kerry was going to be put in but I prayed about it and really feel like Bush is there for a reason and with his values and his Christianity, I feel like God placed him there for us and our country. I just had to say that.

Anyways, Michelle, I added my info there for you.

We finished school and Andrew has been so cranky today. I don't think it's his hand because he's not acting like it bothers him, just cranky. He's napping now and I'm finishing lunch and think I'll lay down shortly. I have no idea what dinner is going to be.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. TTYL