Old 11-01-2004, 06:30 AM   #1  
Student of the Hoof

Default Rears in Gear for the Not So New Year - November

Well wow. It's November. Where did my year go? My year to make goal? Where did my motivation fly off to? I won't say this year was a total write-off. Not yet anyway, but it has been a year full of so much that was NOT weight related.

I have two months to do damage control, but realistically, that's about all I can do at this point. It's not as though the end of this year will mean the end of my chance to lose weight, not at all. The new year always brings new resolve, but I just wonder how this year got away from me like it did.

This weekend was so busy, again. Horses, kids, dogs, Halloween, moving furniture, cleaning Machine's room and switching dressers - all left little time for me.

Last night, after the kids got home (they went trick or treating with their dad), Richard got an IM from a woman he works with. Apparently one of the guys he knows from work passed away over the weekend. He was very young, only 29. He had recently gone through the gastroplasty surgery. He had been losing weight and doing really well. His father had passed away recently from complications due to high weight, and he wanted to reduce his chances of dying young to to being massively overweight. No one knows, at this point, the cause of death. His doctor's visits had all been going very well, so there was no obvious cause. Richard made a comment that we just never know when something is going to happen, and I told him that I had realized that and that was precisely why I was pushing so hard to do the things I'm doing. My mother died before my dad and she could enjoy the retirement both of them had worked so hard for. The same thing happened to Richard's father. I don't want to be dying and so sad that I didn't wring every last drop of living out of my life. Maybe Richard will understand that a little bit more now?

I didn't mean to be a downer on the new month's entry. But it has given me something to think about as we start our new month. What will THIS month bring?

Last edited by RavenToy; 11-01-2004 at 06:35 AM.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:35 AM   #2  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning and Happy November.

Well I guess at this point I will say that I will just have to start practicing now for my New Years Resolution.

Well I must run and get ready for work, but I will post more tonight.

Have a great day.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #3  

I don't think you were a downer, RAven. So many of us spending our time waiting for the perfect weight, job, alignment of stars, or whatever to really live. Why wait? We should be enjoying the journey, not waiting to start it. That moment may never come. You weren't a downer, you were giving some much needed perspective.

I too need some damage control. The whole episode with TOPS, plus my own personal demons, really derailed my focus. I have gained 5 pounds. I have gotten my exercise routine back. I did weights this weekend and cardio. I am going to quit the racquetball league, as my ankles have been hurting way too badly afterwards. I just need to get the food back under control. Have money, will eat. Will not have money, will splurge buy on food anyway, just to say "HA!" Anyway. Lots of work to do.

Lucky, hope thihngs are going well. Everyone else, hope to hear from you soon. And here's to a great November for all of us. Maybe we can start thinking about what we are thankful for, and ways to stay sane over the holidays. . .
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:57 PM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

November is for being thankful for me.

I am thankful for the following:

A lovely family
Good health
A job with a good income
My friends

and...

The power to control where I go with the journey of weight loss.

The last one is where I need to focus my attention. Enough of this stalling. Enough of not moving in the direction I need to. It’s time for a change.

My goals for this month are:

Weigh 210 by month’s end.
Eat within my points
Weekly (only) weigh in on Fridays
Keep up the good exercise.

I can do this because I CHOOSE to do this. December’s goal will be to weigh 199.

Lovely ladies, lets keep our goals at the forefront, no matter what type of goals you have—weight, monetary, work, etc.

Happy November!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:02 PM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi peoples,
Ever the occasional lurker, what can I say - moving is a @#*(%$&@&$*@# - had I known this before I might have kept quiet and never tried to pursue a relocation. There is soooo much to do (have I said this before?). And now that the house is really getting spruced up, I am a bit of melancholy to actually leave it. Still hasn't fully sunk in that I'm leaving anyway tho I do dream about different aspects every night and I am quite nervous about the unknown ahead.

Our house should be going on the market next week, when I see the sign in the yard I guess I'll have to accept that we are really going forward with this.

My eating is a mess - some planned, healthy meals and some last minute on the spot, grab what you can. I'm really feeling the extra weight and all this work and moving around is not making any changes on the scale. I have winter clothes that will be tight and I'm not happy about that but I need a few more weeks before I can really focus on me again. Stop the scale at your current weight and don't let it go any further.

Jolly, I think that was a great point on focusing what we're thankful about this month - thanks for bringing it up. I'm glad that I HAVE a job, benefits are good and there are new adventures to be had. If we do get a house with a pool of our own, I will be VERY happy come next summer. And I am grateful for the support around me.

Sorry to hear about the ankles, but there's no sense in tearing yourself up in a league if you're not quite to snuff yet. Play occasional friendly games if you can and continue to get the good mix of activities that you do.

Raven, the last few months have been a tailspin of activity for you too - mostly unplanned. You have handled it with grace and finesse - settle on your priorities and don't lose sight of your dreams and goals. Sometimes we try to do everything at once, be everything to everyone and some of those things we knock ourselves out for just don't matter in the long run. I hope things settle down for you finally as we wind down the year.

Chachee - you go girl!!!! What an awesome December goal you have set for yourself. And I know you can make it - even if you are baking, cooking, sewing, organizing and gazelling all at the same time. I look at your posts and realize that I too, could be walking in your shoes if I applied myself a bit more.

One of the downers of not having an office to go to anymore is not having any place to dump off the leftover Halloween candy. We only had about 3 dozen kids, I am always afraid to run out of candy tho I should know by now that we just don't get many kids anymore. Most of the stuff I bought I don't like and I will just have to bag up the deadly M&Ms in the bottom of a bag to take to my sister's at Thanksgiving and feist them on some unsuspecting soul.

Lucky, look forward to hearing from you again. Same for Red, Hippy, Tracy and those we have lost along the way.

Don't forget to VOTE tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Take care peeps
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:16 PM   #6  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

~following the lil trickle trail of m&ms.....hey worked for ET he found his way home...........visions of drill sargent raven filling her head, she quickly spins the itty bitty delecatables around. gingerly placing them back upon the path for any other weighward poster to return~

nope nope nope sassy wasnt eating them raven factory rejects....nodnodnod..... these arent even m&ms there w&ws..........look! ~laughing~

hello ladies long time......... life, what a kick in the head eh ~laughing~ good things, bad things, but in all things....... we are here .........Yay us!! just popping on to let you know that i'm back. of the 25 lbs i lost i only gained back 10. which gives me a solid see ya later bye of 15 lbs!! new years eve is just 2 months away and i soooooooo wanna look pretty in a new pretty for the new year! okies so theres some major eating fests coming up....... but i see no reason why we cant handle these like we handled the others that came up.......easter, 4th of july, birthdays, anniversries....yada yada...... and hey TURKEY is good for us! Turkey is our friend!! we can do this. i know we can ladies. i am already scouring the web for good goodies for us gals. so give me a hoot if you dont want to pollute that new, new years resolution!! ~laughing~

and with the new year comes new resolve and all things possible. its going to be a great year for me....big wonderful things happening..........2005 sassy comes alive!! before that i was living a nightmare, barely exisiting, living but having no life. without my children, for me, there was no life. BUT...this past year i have been laying a new foundation in all aspects of my life both internally and externally. and in 2005 i will see my dreams become realities once again!

i am back on the good eating track but i will be goll derned if i can get down the water........ geeeeeeeeez, who would of thought. so thats my november do.....get at least 2 liters of water daily.

i adores you ladies and its good to be back!

sincerely,
sassy

Last edited by sweetnsassyfied; 11-01-2004 at 09:49 PM.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:56 AM   #7  
Not Giving Up

Good morning Ladies

Just popping in quickly as I have to get ready to go to work.

Well it is so nice to see everyone back. Now we just need to hear from Hippy and Tracy.
Pop in Ladies.

Have a wonderful day.

Kathy
Old 11-02-2004, 09:21 AM   #8  

Good morning all. I want to repeat what Happy said - VOTE! No candidate is perfect, and all will promise things on the campaign trail that they can't or won't follow through on. But it is so important that we get educated on the issues, and make our voices heard. MSNBC had a wonderful site that gives a bare bones, non partisan comparison of their stands on some key issues. I really liked it.

So, here's to us. HEre's to strong, intelligent women who make the best choices for themselves.

Have a great day all.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:04 PM   #9  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies!

Things are going well here. Just busy and my little man is sick. Hubby leaves for Hawaii tonight, so we are rather busy.

Happy: I can only imagine what you are going through. Packing up, selling your home, lost your job and got another one, moving....geez woman, it's a miracle you still can speak in sentences. Most people tackle those issues one at a time!

Sassy: Welcome back! I'm so glad to see your smiling face around here. Good job on not gaining it all back. Keep us in line with Sgt Raven and we'll all be much better for it!

Lucky: Howdy and I'm glad you are popping in also!! How is the water intake going?

Jolly: I'm voting right after work. For once our votes in Alaska may count for something--the Senate race. We may have the final vote on if the Senate stays Republican or goes Democrat. Should be a highly contested race. It's been a nasty one anyway!

Happy Tuesday!

Chach
Old 11-03-2004, 08:53 AM   #10  
Not Giving Up

Good morning

Just popping in to say goodmorning.

We are packing up to move into our new house. Have to get everything ready to move the horses.

Will catch up more later when I get home.

Have a super day.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:55 AM   #11  

Ohmygosh, Lucky! You got the farm?!? That is awesome. Congratulations. Hope your move goes smoothly. Just think of all the calories you are getting packing and moving.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:05 PM   #12  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies,

Yay, Lucky got the new house! Happy and Lucky both moving and starting new adventures. How very cool is that?

I emptied out all the candy from the house this morning and brought it to work. Had to wait for hubby to leave so I could do it. I don't need that temptation at home with me when I am bored!

I also gave away the chocolate turtle pie my hubby gave me last night for my birthday. The recipient was very happy to have it and I was very happy to give it away!

We got about two inches of snow last night. I went out at 4:30 this morning and shoveled. Yes, I have a snowblower, but I just didn't feel the need to crank it up for a couple of inches. Plus, I got my exercise in this morning by shoveling.

Not much else is going on.

Happy Wednesday!

Chach
Old 11-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #13  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Belated Happy Birthday to you Chachee. Kudos to you on giving away the high calorie, I don't really need it Turtle pie.

And a big congrats to you too Lucky on your new farm!

Welcome back Sassy, good to hear from you again.

Just a quick drive by here, the real estate agent is coming by tonight for us to sign all the paperwork. I guess this means I'm really committing to this move My eating has been total garbage today, I think mostly because I'm nervous. Well, it's off to burn some of that off by scrubbing floors and packing.

Have a good one everybody. The sun is shining and it doesn't look half bad out there. Snow Chachee? Ahhhhhhhh
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:29 PM   #14  
Not Giving Up

Hi Everyone.

Chachee sorry that I missed your birthday. It is not listed on your profile. I hope that you had a great day. You are my hero. You gave away your pie? Wow I would not have had the willpower to do that. I would have eaten it. More than my share probably had it been here.

Happy have you had a chance to look for a house to move into yet? Or will you wait until after the holidays. Hope it all goes well with the real estate agent tonight. We are of course only moving 12 miles away, so your move will be much more of an adventure.

Jolly hope that you are feeling better today. So have you had a chance to go out riding at all lately?

Red I am so sorry that I forgot to say hi to you in my last post. I sure hope that everything is going ok for you.

Raven how are you doing? Have you found a new place for your horses? We probably have room for 3 more. I would love to have them. Its only a little ways from where you are now. I am just so witty today arn't I? We actually only have 4.5 acres so we don't have alot of room.

Hi Sassy how goes it today?

Well the kids rode in a horse show on the weekend. Cole placed 4rth in his costume on a lead line class and Kristi got 1 3rd place, 5 2nd place, and 1 1st place. In the last class there was only 2 of them competing, so the judges were trying to think of a safe way to make the course a little harder. So then they came up with the girls had to do the first round on their own horse, then switch horses and do the second round on the other horse. The other horse is a 15 year old trained show horse. Kristi's is not. Though guess what horse Kristi figures we should buy now! Well I hope everyone had a great day.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:14 AM   #15  

Hey all. Real quick message. I have a sick client home today who needs watching.

Lucky, congrats on the farm and the show. I have to admit to a bit of jealousy. Though, you say you have some room? After the election this week, maybe Canada isn't such a bad idea. Will wait and see.

Chachee, a very happy birthday to you. I am sorry I missed it. I still don't know how you find out birthdays. But I hope you had a good one. And congrats on passing up the turtle cake.

I am still stressing. Still overeating. And still suffering from acid reflux. Which is still interrupting my workouts. Ain't life grand. On a positive note, my horse and I are doing remarkably well. I think he has finally grasped the concept that if he just does right the first time, he gets praise and doesn't get worked until he drops. Much nicer.

Have a great day all.