Old 11-03-2004, 01:24 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Do you want to read your story in a book?

Do you have a wacky, funny, or unusual fat story? Did you gain weight in an
odd way, lose weight in an odd way, invent your own diet, or have
anything unusual you would like to share with others? Did you try Slimming Slippers, Fat-Away Soap, or other gizmos? Your story could be in our book, due on the shelves in Jan, 2006.

Please email us at 3FCbook@ gmail.com (remove the space), or you can PM us.

Our book will be a lighthearted look at dieting, and at today's popular diets.
Your story doesn't have to be funny or outrageous to be in the book, but it might help.

Each response gets in monthly drawings for $25 Amazon gift certificates.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Read the details here for completing short surveys or sharing your stories!

We're giving away several $25 Amazon gift certificates for the next few months. One chance for each entry!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:59 PM   #2  
PamPSM644

When I first started my diet my 29 year old son ,in an effert to help motivate me,offered to buy me a newer nice used car if I could lose 75lbs.To his surprise and delight I just reached the 60 lb lost mark. "Boy," he exclaimed wth a twinkle in his eye," You sure want that 78 Pinto."
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

LOL! You have a very funny son.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:50 PM   #4  

Default Weight loss bets.

Along that line, about a year ago one of my technicians was talking about trying skydiving in the Summer of 2005. He then started trying to talk me into joining him. I explained that hitting the ground at 300 pounds was fairly severe, and added to that I'm 47 and already have aches and pains from some motorcycle misadventures in my youth, I wasn't going to risk it. Then I basically blew him off by telling him if I weighed 200 pounds I'd do it! I've dieted all my life and never been back anywhere near 200 pounds. Now at 212 pounds, 200 is looking like a reality, I'm even looking forward to jumping out of a perfectly good plane next summer ;-)..
ImNotSanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:40 PM   #5  
PamPSM644

Outstanding! And may I add your a very brave man.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:51 PM   #6  

When I was dropping my daughter off at daycare a rather boisterous boy came running up to my daughter and said "Your mommy's fat!" My then-four-year-old daughter looked my belly, then looked back at him and said "Well, you get points for noticing."

(This is something I used to say to my daughter when she stage-whispered about people's differences. I'd say "Yes, honey, but it's not nice to talk about that woman's shoes. But you get points for noticing!" I was SO happy she regurgitated that at the exact right time. It also shows that she's not going to be angry or act out if/when anyone says anything "bad" about her mommy!)

EveryWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #7  

I was 170 when I got pregnant with my daughter. I gained 60 pounds. Lost 15 of it right after she was born, but then gained it all back shortly after. I am now reading Dr Phil's book and hopefully will get rid of this weight once and for all.
JenniferInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:57 AM   #8  

I have always been fat. I was never cute and chubby. lol..I remember one time my father made a deal with me. I was about 10. If I could get down to 115, He would take me fishing. I tried and tried. I swam did everyting i could. And finally I got down to 114. I weighed myself and I was so excited.

It was time for Daddy to come home from work and mom had already put supper out on the table. She told me to go ahead and eat. Dad came in and we all sat down to dinner. I told him I had made it and he had to take me fishing that weekend.

He said I had to show him so we went to the bathroom to geto n the scale. And when i got on it It said i weighed 116. At the time I did not know it was because I had just eaten. I was crushed.

I think that was the beginning of my hate/hate relationship with dieting and weightloss.
WickedMommy is offline   Reply With Quote