Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#13)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 06:54 PM   #2  

I started a new thread. I went back to work today and I'm really tired. Going to lay down. I hope to be back later to post.

Gayle....I said a prayer for Allison, Steve & you! PLEASE let us know ASAP what the test showed. Give her a BIG HUG & KISS from me! Take care Gayle...Love you.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:11 PM   #3  

Gayle, I just now got a chance to come to the board and catch up. I'm so sorry Allison is going through all of this. Please let us know as soon as you find something out. Love you!

Sherry, I wish you hadn't had to go back to work. Are you feeling any better at all? How about the men, are they healing?? Sending big hugs your way!

Debbie, I hope James is continuing to improve each day. You are in my thoughts constantly.

I hope all of the other Floozies are doing well and staying OP. I can't say that I have, but for some reason, I'm not stressing over it. Take care everyone. Sending you all my love and good thoughts.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:48 PM   #4  
Losing it!

Hi friends! We found out tonight the test was negative for mono. Her white count is 20,000~~~normal for her should be under 10,000!! The doctor placed her on a super strong antibiotic and we are to watch her. I think I'm keeping her home tomorrow, just so she can get some more rest and I can see how she will do with the new meds. He said he can't quite understand what is going on with her and for now we will treat it like a bacterial infection. If she has no problems with the medication, I am to take her back in two weeks so he can check out her lymph nodes again. Thank you all for your prayers and support, I was so shocked today when I thought we were just going for a routine allergy check.

Sherry, please take some time for you and take care of yourself.

Ramona, if it will help, please feel free to join us on the food journal thread. You can even join me (the newbie) on the exercise thread if you want.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:55 AM   #5  

Gayle-They have no idea why the white count is so high? I am so happy that the mono test was negative, but do you think that you should get a 2nd opinion? I don't trust drs.

Doni-I am so sorry that your hubby forgot your birthday. I would be crying my eyes out all day!

Carol-Now that you have made a comitment, you are so good at staying with it. Good luck, and we are all here to help you stay OP! Post your food eaten on the food thread. Even if you are embarrased, we won't judge you!

Debbie-I hope James is doing better today.

Sherry-You need to take care of yourself. How are Drew and Wayne doing?

Dee-Thanks for all of your support on the food thread. You are such a motivator!

Jennelle-I miss you! Please come back and say hello to us.

Cheryl-I'm glad that you have decided to join us at the food thread also. Let's all keep each other motivated. Don't forget the exercise thread also!

Ramona-I know that you are so busy. Thank you for keeping in touch with your Floozie friends, though! We all love you. I keep your boys in my prayers everyday.

Vicki-Come out, come out wherever you are! How is the Red Hat woman doing?
Old 11-02-2004, 09:16 AM   #6  
Losing it!

Shelley, the doctor said for her count to be that high, it meant she is fighting infection. The strange thing is, he looked in her ears and said one was just light pink, her nose and throat were fine, when he went to check her lymph nodes, he jumped back and said, these things are huge! He ran several things with the blood and for right now, it's pointing towards a bacterial infection. He wants to see her back if there is no change and even when she is through with the meds, so he can check her lymph nodes again. His concern, like mine was the losing of 10% of her body weight, she is not very big anyways and she can't afford to lose too much weight. The stuff he gave her must be very potent, he said we should see a difference within 48 hours, but last night it seemed like she was feeling better and acting more like her old self. I really do trust his opinion, he is a fantastic doctor, in fact I have gave him so many referrals, half of my family see's him. :-) He is the only doctor Allison knows, he delivered her too. Halloween night, she had no interest in the candy, last night she was finally picking through her bucket and eating a few pieces.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:07 AM   #7  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning girls

We are out of school today for election day, whatever the reason I'm glad...LOL. James is continuing to get stronger, being at home is really helping him too. There is just no way to rush his recovery...I keep telling him that!!!

Gayle...How scarey with Allison being that sick. Bless her heart!! Hopefully the meds will kick in and she will be well soon. Keep us posted. Hugs!!

Doni..."MEN" They just really don't have a clue want is important sometimes. I usually start reminding James a month in advance of something special coming up...LOL.

Sherry...Hope you are feeling better today. You have really had so much to deal with lately. I will continue to preach to you about taking care of yourself!!

Carol...Good luck on your new commitment!!! I need to make so many changes in my life, kinda don't know which way to start sometimes. Trying not to get depressed this time about it though.

Dee....Sounds like you are doing so much better these days. Are you still on all those meds for pain or is it better?

Ramona....Are the boys going to come home for the holidays this year? Hope they are doing well, they are in my prayers everyday.

Vicki, Jennelle, Cheryl, Shelley and Tina....HUGS!!!

I have been complaining about no time to clean house and here I sit...LOL. Guess I better get busy!!
Love you guys...deb

""Don't forget to VOTE!! today""

Last edited by DebbieA; 11-02-2004 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:45 PM   #8  

Gayle, I'm so glad Allison is feeling better today. Hopefully the meds will do the trick and she will be running and jumping again soon. Give her an extra hug from me!

Debbie, I know you must be so tired. Taking care of loved ones can be very draining. Please take care of yourself so you can help James to heal. No, the boys won't get to come home for any of the holidays.

Sherry, how are things at your hospital....I mean house! lol. I hope your medication is working and you will be much better soon. How are the men???

Shelley, Thanks so much for keeping the boys in your thoughts and prayers. It means more than you will ever know.

I got an email from Dan yesterday. He received three medals for saving the lives of Iraqi soldiers. I am so proud of him.
I don't know if it is the lunar eclipse or the full moon, but I hope things settle down around here soon. In the last 5 days I've worked 2 suicides and an officer involved shooting. The second boy was barely 19. I have his suicide note on my desk and it is so full of pain. I shut my door and cried and cried when I read it. So very sad.

I haven't said anything with everyone having so much illness and injury. I went to the doctor last Thursday because I knew I had a kidney infection (which turned out to be massive!). Since it was time for my yearly exam, he went ahead and got that out of the way. Well, he found some cysts which are probably nothing, but I go to the hospital for a mamogram on the 11th. I'm sure it will turn out fine. Do any of you have trouble with cysts?

By the way, I know it is a little early, but are we going to do the secret santa this year. If we are, I need to budget for it now. If you all are like me, things are a little tight. What do you all think?
Old 11-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #9  

Ramona I am glad that you shared with us about your health. You are as important as everyone else. Let us know what the results are. My girlfriend gets cysts often. They do a biopsy on them and they have always been negative. I pray for yours to be the same too. I would love to do the secret santa. I had so much fun trying to guess who had who. And since I was the naughty one last year, it took awhile for me to get mine. I loved picking something out for Sherry and wondering if she would like it.

Debbie I didn't realize that James was already at home. Is he ok on his own when you are at work? How thankful you must be that the scarey part is over. I heard that a lot of people suffer from depression after having a heart attack. Keep an eye on James. Thanks for preaching at Sherry to take it easy. At least I know that maybe you will get to her and she might listen even just a little. I am still on a lot of pain medication. I feel that I might as well exercise because one way or the other I am still in pain. I might as well do what I like. Thanks for asking.

Sherry I hope that you are resting today on your day off( at least I assume you must if Debbie has it off). How are you feeling, any better? Please don't push it when you start feeling a little better.

Gayle who is Allison this afternoon? I hope that all it is, is an infection. How is Mom doing? I recieved my care package for painting sunflowers. I just love it. You really didn't have to send more than the instructions but I am really excited about it. You are so sweet. Not only did I recieve my sunflower package I recieved my angel of hope. You are the most thoughtful person ever. I love angels and that means a lot to me that you did that. I really feel that you care because you went further than just words. You are so special. I have my angel looking down at me from my computer. It will always remind me that I have a special friend looking out for me. I hope that you get blessed in return.

Shelley go girl go. Yes I will try to motivate you and keep you going. You are doing really well as always. I wish we had your warm weather. I am freezing even though the sun is shining. It is only 45 out.

Carol are you motivated today? Keeping track of what you are eatting? How is the pain in your feet? Boy we are a pretty sad bunch.

Cheryl it is nice to see that you are posting on the exercise thread. We will keep you going. You are doing great. Just want to see more posts over there from you.

I hope the rest of you will post soon.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:31 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Dee, I so happy the angel arrived! I ordered it for you quite awhile ago, I think right before or after your surgery. The group makes little crocheted angels for anyone in need of an extra hug or thought. Kinda weird both packages arrived the same day, huh? Don't feel obligated to paint the sunflowers if you think you won't like too...I just wanted to send you the stuff, I thought it might help fill some of your spare time in bed while your resting.

Ramona, you silly goose! We would be upset if you didn't share news with us! I heard cysts are very common, so you probably have nothing to worry about. It still is a good idea to get checked out though...we don't want anything happening to you!!!!! I am saying extra prayers for great test results!

Deb, tell James I'm glad he is finally back home! Did they put him on a special diet? I heard something similar to what Dee wrote about depression too.

Allison is feeling better today...in fact a little bit ago she was acting onery (sp?) I asked her to come to me, in my most serious voice, I said, I know your feeling better, so don't push your luck! She started giggling like crazy. I think the goofy Allison is starting to pop back out.

I still would like to do a small gift exchange if everyone can afford it. I am like Ramona, I would like to plan now so I can budget it in. Someone suggested ornaments...how about an ornament or a small sun catcher for those that don't put up a Christmas tree or decorate for Christmas? Thoughts????
Old 11-02-2004, 03:03 PM   #11  

I'm all in for secret Santa this year!

I really feel for all of y'all that are going through tough times right now. I know I don't pop in very often but I do stay on top of things.

My thoughts are going out to Allison, James, Dan, Wayne, Ben and all the rest of your loved ones that are having problems.

Ramona, try not to worry too much about your cysts, I believe they are a fairly common problem--sometimes can be caused by consuming too much caffeine. I hate it that you're facing such a tough time at work, I feel for you.

Dee, you really do sound so much better!!! Now that Dez seems to be settling in at school, that'll be another load off your mind.

Gayle, your Halloween supper sounded great! I hope Allison recovers from her ailement soon.

Debbie, glad James is home and recovering. Take care of him--but don't forget about you.

Same to you, Sherry, I know it's tough with two guys depending on you, but don't neglect yourself! That's an order!

Hey, Shelley! Still running? I'm working out (walking & excersizing), but I don't really have a clear goal right now in terms of miles or whatever. I'm just working with my trainer and doing what he tells me. Taking it slow at first and concentrating on my eating habits. I'll get back to the board eventually!

Hey to Vickster, Tina, Jennelle, Carol and Doni!!
Old 11-02-2004, 06:17 PM   #12  

Gayle I just wanted to share with you my excitement. I practiced painting on the sheet you gave me with water. I had so much fun. I have used mostly water paints. I am going to check and see what paints I have so I can get practicing. My mind is whirling what can I paint this on after a few practices. Dez's walls would be great but that is a long time off because Larry has to drywall it and he hasn't quite finished up with our room yet. I don't think that he will want to start something right away again. He is working hard for money at for free for me. I will have to buy some trinket boxes or something and give them away as gifts. Thanks for inspiring me again. I am having fun.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #13  

Howdy

I'm feeling much better now but not completely well yet. I'm still taking Prednisone & eating, eating & eating! I DID have to work today. The kids were out and Debbie was off because she works in food service.

For all that's asked: Wayne is doing a lot better and seems to be getting around better. He went to the Dr. yesterday (his 1 week check-up) and got his stitches out. The Dr. said that he maybe go back to work in 6 weeks. His workman comp only pays 66% of his salary. I'm not sure yet how we'll make it but somehow, someway we will. Thanks for the prayers.

Gayle....I'm sooooo glad Allison is getting better and she doesn't have mono! If she wants all that candy...let her! Tell her that "Aunt Sherry" said she could!!! LOL!! Give her a hug and I hope she gets stronger everyday!!

Doni......I'm so sorry your hubby forgot your bday! I wonder if he is related to my husband?! Did he make it up to you??

Dee....You are sounding more like yourself everyday!!! Have fun painting!!!!

Ramona.....Oh please always come here and talk about anything! I feel so bad for hogging up the space about Wayne, Drew & me!!! I'll say a prayer for you that it's nothing more then caffeine like Cheryl said. Try not to worry yourself sick...please! BTW:I know you're so proud of Dan!!

Hello to everyone else....I've got to lay down now. I'm so tired.

Hugs.....

BTW: Whatever everyone wants to do is fine with me about Christmas. Who votes for ornaments and who wants to pick a gift out? How much money do you want to limit it? Who doesn't want to do it? FEEDBACK PLEASE!!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:39 AM   #14  

Ramona-Keep us posted! I am praying that everything will turn out fine for you.

Gayle-Tell Allison to eat some candy corn for me!

Cheryl-Yes, I am still running. I am up to 17 miles so far this week. I try to do at the very least 25 miles per week. With my 10 miler on Saturday, I'll have at least 27 this week and that is if I don't run anymore until then. My feet are bothering me though.
Keep up the good work with your trainer. Maybe you can give us some tips!

Debbie-I can't believe they let you out for election day. That's awesome! Of course right now they won't let us out for anything since we had so many hurricane days.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:00 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Sherry, don't worry about any weight gain with the predisone, most of it is usually water weight. I'm glad to hear Wayne is better...how is Drew doing??

Cheryl, I like your new mini goal ticker! Thanks for getting all of us strted "ticking" these pounds away!

Dee, enjoy the stuff! It can become addictive...you will be painting sunflowers everywhere! Better tell Larry not to sit still for too long! If you decide to do something non-porous like ceramic or porcelain trinket boxes, Plaid makes an enamel paint for glass etc. with water cleanup! It can cure out for 21 days or you can even bake it in your oven. Right before craft shows, my oven gets used more for a kiln then any baking!!

Ramona, great news about Dan, I KNOW you are so proud of him! He has went from a troubled young boy to a grown up man that is a hero.

Shelley, I've said it before and I will say it again, you amaze me! I can't hardly get a few miles in a week and your zipping around averaging 20-25 miles per week!
Closed Thread