Old 11-01-2004, 07:42 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Chit Chat # 86

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning, ladies! Can you believe it's November?

Cristi - thanks for the congrats!! Anytime you want to talk about anything, we're here for you, girly. Bet your car looks nice. I need to clean out my van - wanna help?

Jen - well, once you get the photo downloaded to Photobucket, just copy the img link, then paste it here. I didn't know they had limited their times for freebies! Guess I can't blame them, though. About my purses, it's real easy to transfer stuff because I keep a clear cosmetic bag in it that holds all of my little stuff. Glad you didn't find anything under your porch, lol.

Marti - I saved you some soup and apple crisp, lol. My DGDs went T or T on Friday, since that's when the businesses gave out candy. The twins were giesha girls, Caylin wore last year's 50's skirt. Mackenzie Jo was Strawberry Shortcake and Macy was a witch. I might post a photo....

Sue - YAY 3 pounds down!! We didn't change time here either, but now some of our favorite shows come on an hour later.

Kathy - so glad to see you pop in, even if you did lose your post. How're the teens and your little guy doing?

Mindee - more of our shed door blew apart! Our insurance has a $500. deductible, so we're just out the money to repair it.

Susan - NO MORE SLEEPS since I know full well you ain't gonna get those eyes shut tonight, lol. Did you read what I said to you on the other thread??

Angie and Katy - now that your busy weekend is over, let us know how it went, ok?

It's raining here in Indiana, but at least the wind has died down. Gotta go to Walmart now that the crowd is gone, lol. We had a lot of fun with the family yesterday. Every one was in a playful mood, it seemed.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:30 AM   #2  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Goodmorning Everyone

Well lets see if we can remember what I tried to post yesterday.

Susan...Jane said it perfectly. You are beautiful and sweet, and he knows it. Not only is he going to love you, he won't be able to contain his excitement at getting to know 3 beautiful girls soon also. I hope that you have a truly romantic time.

Jen that is so sweet of DBF to think about you, and to try and make sure you stay healthy. You will adjust to working so much soon.

Sue congratulations on the 3 pound loss. It sure is a great payoff and motivator to keep walking. How long will you be away for?

Mindee....Great pictures. How did your Halloween go? Did you dress Brandon up?

Katie...How was your weekend? What did the kids dress up as?

Angie...Did your boys go out at all? Every year mine say that this is the last Halloween that they will go out, but then they decide that they are not to old after all. Kristi's friends 20 year old sister went with them also.
Do you live close to the Shawnessy area?

Marti wow you got to do some scrapbooking. Did you get all those wedding photos done? Some you say? Well feel free to send us all a picture ok?

Cristi your car must look great. And up and out so early to do it. Mark washed the truck the other night. Took Cole with him. Wasn't really paying attention as he was putting the money in and got Cole right in the face with the water. His poor little face was red and swollen. I didn't give him to much of a hard time because he felt really bad that he wasn't watching.

Jane congrats on your continued weight loss also. I have gone back and read your thread a few times to help me get off my butt. Can we all go shopping with you for your new wardrobe?

Hi Ellen I hope that all is well with you.

Shanna we are all thinking of you and hope that you are doing ok too.

Hi to all the other JL that I did not mention.

Well we had a busy weekend. Cole and Kristi were both in a horseshow this weekend. Cole won 4rth place in a costume on lead line class. Kristi won 3rd in the costume class, then 5 seconds and a first. The winner of all those firsts has a 15 year old show horse that nows exactly what to do. Lucky is a 6 year old that we rescued and has only been ridden for the year and a half that Kristi has had him. They have both come along way, so it is so good for her to get to compete against her friend like this. Kristi wants Cole's ribbon to add to her collection and he keeps telling her No. It is quite funny to watch a 15 year old fight with a 2 year old.

Well I must run and get ready for work.

Happy Monday to all.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:08 AM   #3  
Closed

Good morning Ladies
Funny thing Kathy I did the same yesterday ,I was finally feeling like posting so I sat down and wrote a nice long letter and after what seemed like forever I finally finished proofread for mistakes and went to send and the server was down. I was more than a little frustrated ,but today I don,t feel so well, bad flu both of my kids and myself have it ,and my daughter spent 4 hours in the emergency room the other night and they made her wear a sars mask,because she was so sick, I thought I had been through the worst but today I feel worse than I have so far,so back to bed for me.I will try and post something later ,but have a wonderful day and I hope everyone else is feeling well. *Ellen*
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:26 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Happy Monday Ladies...

and first of November. WOW! this year has gone by so fast, too fast for me.

Kathy~aaaahh, poor baby (Cole). I know how those pressure washer thingy hurt. CONGRAT'S to Cole and Kristi! You must be so proud.

Sue~CONGRAT'S on your loss missy! WTG! That is a very good start.

Ellen~hugs to you and your family. Hope you all get to feeling better soon.

Susan~you just get that out of your head missy. You are a BEAUTIFUL lady both inside and out and Rocky knows that. And I hope you have the most beautiful time ever.

Mindee~sorry no one noticed your hair at your Aunts roast. It looks really nice.

Jen~know what ya mean about the time change-not liking it at all. Hope you adjust to the new job soon.

Jana~no thanks, it was bad enough cleaning mine that really didn't get so clean. For some reason the pressure thingy does not work on this car-doesn't get the dirt off so my money was wasted. Waiting for the new car wash down the street to open soon. It is a little more costly but they wash it, deodorize it, dry, and vacuum it and to me it is well worth the money. They asctually do more, just depends on how much you want to pay and what you want.

Hi to everyone else!

Have a good day all!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

It IS hard to believe that it's November! What gets me is, when I wasn't working I had plenty of time to get things done but always said "I'll do this weekend" did I ever get things I wanted accomplished?? Not really. And now that I'm working, I don't have time! I'm so not good with managing my time well! Anyone want to come over and mow my lawn?????

Susan--Just as Jane said, You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful heart. He is going to fall head over heals in love w/you! You'll have the time of your life, memories that are going to last forever!

Jane--Send over the soup and apple crisp! I'm ready for it! The outfits the DGD wore sound so cute!! Jhanai told me last night that she's going to try and really enjoy going out t/t because in a year or two she may not be interested anymore. I found that to be interesting!

Jen--I didn't know that you haven't worked full time. I thought you worked full time all the time. Very sweet of your DBF to be looking things up to see if he can find the problem. Oh...once you get Photobucket downloaded, you're going to like using it. Very easy. (I had to ask Jane too!)

Kathy--I got some things done w/scrapbooking...but not too much. I was watching halloween shows last night. And I actually got more kids coming to my door than last year.....but still not alot....so I was too distracted to get much done. I will post pictures once I get something done!

Ellen--Oh I do hope you start to feeling better! Sending Get Well Hugs your way to you and your family!

Cristi--I like your signature. I wish I had more motivation to start walking or exercising more to have something like that. Now, are you walking outside or on a treadmill or both? It's been pouring here, and I don't like walking in the rain....or maybe I'm just too lazy to walk in the rain! But I really need to do something about myself. I get this motivation and it never last.....WHY!? I can even manage to lose weight but I don't hang on to that high of losing.....I go right back to my lazy ways. ****sigh****

Morning to all the rest of the girls! Shanna, Angie, Katy, Katie, Julie and whoever I may have missed!

Not much on the agenda today...gotta get to work later on tonight. Had some really cute costumes show up last night. This tiny little girl dressed as a unicorn. She was adorable. James was really hoping to get home early enough to hand out candy. By the time he got home, they stopped coming. So we have tons of candy left over. Not good. But James will be taking most of it.

Ok ladies...my hair is sticking to my forehead...I need to get a shower and some food in my belly. YOu all have a wonderful Monday!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hello again!

I was straigtening up a little around the house and getting rid of some papers that I have no use for and a scrapbooking trick came to mind that I had to share!

If you need some strips for a page and want them all even.....run them through a shredder if you have one!

I was shredding some stuff and thought...."Hey...that would work great for scrapbooking pages that need strips"

Just had to share that!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:26 PM   #7  

Hiya Girls!!!

Sorry I didnt check in over the weekend it was kinda hectic!!! We had lots of stuff going on, and then my friend and his kids were here practically all day yesterday so there was no time to get on here!!! I was so mad..I bought 8 bags of candy and only got 10 kids!!! The weather was 65 here yesterday...totally abnormal for this time of year, so I figured for sure the streets would be flooded!!! Then the girls I work with said they didnt get many kids either, so I was kinda disappointed cause I had lots of candy to dump today!!
DBF went friday to have the special blood work done again for our "baby" saga. So Im trying to stay busy this week, hopefully we'll hear something friday from the doctor!!! Im going to be so mad if he refers us to someone else, because its so frustrating!!!And he already mentioned that if the blood work this time didnt show what he's concerned with then our next step is to find a fertility urologist!!! That could take forever by the time we find someone who takes his health coverage and get an appt... SIGH......I dont know anymore...
Anyway I did get on the scale this weekend, and was back to 190.5lbs,but I ate a ton of candy last night, so I probably wrecked any shot I have of losing this week!!! Oh well, as long as I break even..we'll see Im trying here
Congrats JANE on the loss...You're really on a role.

Hello to all my jaded ladies.....gotta go fix dinner, check in with you all later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:48 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

omg, omg, omg!!!!!!!!

Soooooo excited!!! Yes........I raed the other thread Ma!!! lol......getting waaaay too giddy. I think he is too, keeps texting me....lol...

I think I am pretty, inside and out. Yes, in my head I know this but ......hard to put old hurts behind me. The one area I need help in the most....

When I started gaining weight in the 4th grade I was teased and called names by the other girls.
I dropped out in the 7th grade. I just couldn't bear to face that everyday. Names like big mama, fatty, fatso, tub-a-lard.

I heard a lot of....."you have such a pretty face, if you just could get some weight off........" ,,,,and that was from my grandmother.

I just hate my body. Flabby ...I lost the weight but I want surgery to tighten up loose skin and a boob lift.....

So, I keep asking him what he looks for in a lady and he sounds so sweet. Someone that might not care about the loose skin and see me for what I feel I am.........and I think I am loveable, and kind, and a good person that deserves a wonderful man.

It just will take a lot of trust ....and if he breaks my heart........might become a nun....lol...

I don't think he will though. I feel a lot of love from him and he is the first man I ever felt like I could just be myself. Goofy and all........and he loves that about me.......lol.

He is so funny too. I asked him about him being so much thinner in his recent picture and he said " it just took a shot of the thin side of me..." like he has other sides to him...lol.

But, ya...........I think he truly adores me....lol......seriously. I just pray God takes away my insecurities..........

Broke my heart to take Gaby to grandma's.....her lil suitcase.....

Need to get a card for Rebecca .....and we are set!!

better get...talk later............and THANKS TO YOU ALL !!!!!!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:23 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Susan - you first.. I'm so sorry for what you went through in school! Kids can be so damned cruel!! I put on weight the summer before 5th grade due to an emotional thing, and got teased until I was a freshman, So I know how it feels! I truly don't think Rocky is going to let you down, Susan. and he knows you don't have the skin tone of a 16 y/o, so don't even think about that!! If it bothers him, he isn't right for you anyway. But I just know that it WON'T bother him.....

Kathy - so good to see your post! Wow! Congrats to your kids for their success at the horse show! Sounds like your family has lots of fun!

Cristi - I LOVE your new siggy with the mile record! How creative of you!! This year has gone by way too fast for me, too!!

Marti - love the idea of making strips of paper in the shredder! You are also very creative!! Jahanai may be thinking that she won't t or t when she turns 13... all of my kids still did at that age, though. Hope she does, too, since they grow up too fast anyway!

Julie - thanks for the congrats! It's so much easier now than it was in the beginning because I have so many less cravings, for one thing. And I handle group dinners without any trouble now. (I pray daily for continued strength!) I hit a spot in my life that made me think - what am I waiting for???? Hope you and dbf get good news Friday. It has to be driving you crazy!!

Katie's car wheel fell off today! Something happened to the bearing, and the whole wheel was perpendicular to the car!! Luckily she was only about 1/2 mile from home, on the country road, and not yet on the highway she takes to school. The poor girl walked home and was so shook up! Neal had office hours from 9-11 so he took care of getting it towed.

Here it is - no wonder the poor girl was so scared!!

(edited out)

BBL,
Old 11-01-2004, 06:45 PM   #10  

Ok Jane. Now you've got me freaked out. I've been hearing a weird creaking, rattling, clunking sound coming from my drivers side front tire. Sometimes when I break, sometimes when I turn, sometimes when I hit a bump, but nothing consistent. Did Katie have any warning? Perhaps I should call my dealer. Maybe it's something under warranty still. She is so lucky she didn't get hurt, only scared.

Susan - Have fun on your trip. When your basking in the sun and warmth, think of us a little, ok?

Marti - I was lucky enough to not have to NEED to work full time. I always took a part time position, knowing it would be very easy to work a couple extra shifts a week. At least then I could choose if and when. Many weeks I worked full time. But if I didn't want to, I would take an easy week of 2 or 3 days. Now I don't have a choice. This job is only full time. Now I've just gotten used to the extra income. Plus, when you work in a hospital, the every other weekend requirement gives you a day or 2 during the week to run errands, appts, etc. I lost that too.

Cristi - Ugh, it is sooo dark out. And my body still thinks it's closer to bed time than what it is. And it's cold and raining. Ugh. Just makes things harder to get used to!

Well, that's about all I have time for. I guess I'm going over to dbf's house to watch the football game tonight. Guess I'm also picking up dinner on the way. Not sure what that's going to be yet. Oh well.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:50 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Jen, yes after the fact, Katie said there had been a "popping" sound when she turned corners but didn't think to tell us!!!! When it happened, she lost control of the car, went from side to side of the road, then righted the car. She was shaking and crying when she got home, of course

Please, go get your car checked out if it is making an unusual noise!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:19 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello to all JL's. We had another dreary chilly day today. I started walking this morning, it rained half way through and I had to rush home. Did manage to get a nice long walk in this afternoon however.
I met DD at Olive Garden for a soup and salad lunch, which was very good. She is such a sweetie and works way too hard. I don't know how she does all she does. Not only has she bought her own business and puts in lots of hours, but she is running two 13 year old girls to school functions, sports and everything in between. (Plus worrying about a first year college student son)
After we ate I had some bags in my trunk to drop at Goodwill. There is a new big store near-by which she said had some great stuff so we went on a "spree."

Kathy- We will be away until Dec. 18th and then leave again after Christmas and be gone until April. The horseshow sounded like fun. Glad your kids brought ribbons home. Cool! TY for the congrats!

Ellen- Get well soon. That sounds like a nasty flu bug. Take it easy and stay down!

Jane- WOW! That car looks scary. No wonder DD was so shaken. I am sure I would have been also. Yes, 3 pounds sure surprised me..TY.

Susan- You will have a wonderful time. Relax and enjoy the fact that Rocky thinks you are such a great person..becasue YOU ARE!

Jen- By all means get your car checked. Wouldn't want to hear of another scare. Hope you enjoyed the football game, sure you did since it was with DBF.

Julie- Hope you get good news on the blood work DBF had done. It is always stressful awaiting the results.

Marti- I know what you mean about time management. I am the worst. I always tend to do what I like to do very easily and quickly. Then it takes many fits and starts to do the things I dis-like. When I worked I was even worse.

Cristi- Thanks! I do know I won't lose 3 pounds again in one week, but it feels good to really see that the walking helps. I just want to keep myself motivated now.

Tomorrow I need to go to Wal-Mart for some fabric. I looked everywhere for Thomas tank train fabric cause my DGS wanted a blanket and pillow. Found some on the internet and it came Sat. Now that I can see the colors I need backing and would like to get this thing done before we leave Mon. I have a sewing machine at the other house, but it is not dependable. I love the machine here and can work much faster. Thankfully I have just about all of my house cleaned and clothes sorted and ready to pack.

Realtor is coming to look over our house Thurs. and answer some more questions about the condo for us. We might really do this instead of building a house. Who knows?

Hello and be good to any JL's I missed. Good night all..snuggle under the warm quilts in this damp dreary weather!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:31 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

OMG Jane~Poor Katie, I am glad that she is okay and wasn't hurt. Geez, that would scare me too. You know though I did have a popping sound coming from my mini-van and did have it checked but they kept saying it was fine and they couldn't find anything. Anyway, I am glad she is fine.

Marti~I am going to be walking outdoors, and on the treadmill. Outdoors when I can because once I get walking there is no stopping till I get home. Am going to try and just do the treadmill when it is rainy or really cold and the wind is blowing. I tend to get earaches from that darn wind when it is cold. I had to start something today because I am sick to death of being sick to death and something is going to change, for the better to. I am trying something different which I don't want to say what yet. I will let you in on it on Nov. 30 when I weigh in. I am not supposed to weigh for 30 days. I think this is my last ditch effort to lose weight. Oh my goodness Marti, you are so creative! I would have never thought about using the shredder to cut strips of paper-what an excellent idea!

Susan~hugs to you sweetie. I too had people saying stuff to me all the time about being overweight and I only weighed 135 lbs.! I didn't get this big till years after being married not that I am blaming that. DH#1 and I ate out A LOT! It was easy with it just being the two of us. My SIL asked my sister once if I had always been that fat? Of course my mother was always telling me I needed to lose weight also. My sister did take up for me and told SIL that I wasn't fat. I think that is part of my problem now, not sure but I am working on it. You just go and have the BEST time ever with your Rocky! He sounds like he is getting as excited as you and I am glad to hear that.

Jen~enjoy the football game with DBF.

Hi Sue!

Just wanted to check in for a few minutes to see what's up with everyone. Take care ladies and don't forget to vote tomorrow!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-01-2004 at 09:34 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:10 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Cristi- I hate walking outside!!! lol. I do. I loved my treadmill though, listening to music and watching the sun rise. It really meant a lot to me to spend time on "me". Wishing you the best in your walking program.

Sue- Condo living sounds grand!! Thanks for the encouragement You all are really so sweet- pep talk, pep talk,,,,,,lol- thanks again.

Hope Katie is ok, Jane?

Hi to everyone. I just am ticking away here in Oregon!!! I might take a cab now,I am not sure.
Not to Hawaii of course..........to the airport...lol.

I bought Rebecca some cards need to go put those in the mailbox.

Need to jot down all yor addresses!!! If you don't think I have yours , I probably don't.....so send it!!!
Rocky has a computer - so I will check and post some.........lil, lil bit......not much -

Anyway, I am exhausted. Waiting for him to call and walk me through the printing of the confirmation or whatever it is......

Better get , thanks again- you guys helped me a lot today.,.....
Old 11-01-2004, 10:29 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

omg, omg, omg, omg!!!!!!!!

I got my boarding passes!!!!! wooooo hoooooo. One pass to Honolulu and the other to Hilo!! Boarding time is at 8am.......omg, omg, omg....

So, happy. He is so sweet.....to me.

k- omg!!!

lol