Old 10-26-2004, 07:43 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #267 *Tuesday*

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:57 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning ladies

QOTD from yesterday: I didn't want another one until I got pregnant, lol. I really didn't but now I do, thankfully. But dh has been fixed and I'm sooooo glad. 4 will be plenty. It would be hard though if you want more and your dh doesn't at all, that would be tough. Just pray and what ever is meant to be will happen.

Kathy, Nicole's hair is soooo pretty. My kids got my hair, straight as a board and fine and I just love curls. Too cute.

Jill, great pictures.

Penny, have fun and be careful.

Spryng, sorry you sort of wasted your day yesterday. Hope you can get things in order before you start your job.

Michelle, I don't necessarily have pregnancy dreams but I do have more vivid weird dreams when I'm pregnant. I don't dream much when I'm not and yes I've been having some. You can't be having these feelings though, you know that, lol!!! Just think of the bad things, the pain, the crying all night, the extra "mama...mama...mama". Of course, you probably loved those times and I just made it worse, huh?

Hello to all you other sahm's; Jaymi, Geri, Cindi, Deana, Sherry, Mel and all you others.

Okay, the guys are working today just alittle later. It's muddy but not too muddy, they'll probably finish forms and start pulling string. Dh has a doc's appt this afternoon but that's okay he's got to stop and pick up some supplies anyways. I think I'll be home today and of course schooling and cleaning and doing laundry. I may have to go to the bank but we'll see.
I've got to school planned and get ready to start breakfast. Hope everyone had a good night and has a great day. TTyL
Old 10-26-2004, 08:28 AM   #3  
mama of 4little Angels

Talking morning ladies

I've scanned over yesterday's post.Looks and sounds like everyone is doing well.
Welcome newbiesj-I'm a SAHM of 4. ages 9,8,7,&5

Oh yeah.I think I confused you girs when I said my son got saved and then I said one to go.I meant since I have 4 kids that 3 are saved and I have one girl to go the 5 year old.
Well,we went to the Boo in the Zoo they had yesterday.I was disappointed.They were just handing out candy.All the animals were put up.But the kids still had fun.I just wished they could have gotten to see the animals.
I told ya'll about my son swallowing that medal ball he still hasn't passed it yet.Hopefully soon so I won't have to take him back to the doctor.
As far as me being OP well i'm not.Haven't exercised in over a week.I'm still watching what I eat and drinking my water.But I think I'm eating to much because i'm platoed and can't get the scale to move.Maybe if I moved more the scale would to.lol
I'm going to go take a nap because I didn't get much sleep last night.Then i'm going to finish housework.I've got laundry started and the trash taking out.Maybey i'll catch up on the rest after the nap.You ladies have a great day.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Ok, I should be back to my regular posting today, lol. Sorry things gets so out of whack when DH is home. we just go go go when he is in. It was weird not having to drive him to work yesterday... he just drove off in the new car. But I guess that is good news on my van! It won't have so many miles put on it now since he can drive himself to and from work.
OK, today is a busy busy day of a busy week to come. I wrote out a detailed list last night of what I want to accomplish everyday this week and if I stick to it I should have this entire house deep cleaned by saturday! Then all next week I can just do my regular flylday routines to keep it that way. So today is 1/2 the detailed list for my kitchen, laundry, and Ava's room and 15 min in my room (it's the worst room) so I'm taking it little by little to get done. But I have a little bit each day to do, not too much to wear me out but enough to get stuff done.
Dinner tonight.. hmm... maybe oven fried fish and fries tonight. I've been craving it lately. TOM showed up yesterday so I've been more hungry than usual but that is normal for me.
OK, QOTD from me: When you were first married what would put a smile on your face that you would do for DH that he may not have even known about? I was thinking about newlywed days for some reason and I remember when I got married I couldn't cook or anything so making dinner and having it on the table when dh walked through the door was such a thrill for me, lol. (we ate alot of box dinners, lol) and knowing he didn't have to come home from work and be hungry while I fiddled around in the kitchen was a big deal for me. Of course things have changed alot, lol. Now I never make box dinners and I think I've come a long way in the kitchen so now when I prepare a meal I get a different sense of pride knowing I prepared that meal from scratch and it's very healthy for my family and me.

OK let me get personal now:

Angel, so scary about that metal ball! Has it passed yet? Will it be painful for him when it does? Kids huh? You may not be plateaued at all. I mean you said you aren't OP so you may be eating enough to just maintain your weight, try being OP for a week and I bet that scale starts to move again

Crystal, I hope I can get things in order too before this job starts. I think I will, I'm very motivated to get things done. SIL will be watching my kids over here so I want the house in tip top shape for her everyday.

Michelle, a job is a job to me, lol... this could probably turn into a career for me if I wanted to stay there forever, lol. Which maybe I will but probably won't. Since I am young I can move up alot but I don't plan on going back to work forever, just a year or maybe a few years. I hear it's very high stress though so I hope I can handle the stress. The work is fine but the supervisors like to yell and scream at their employees if they screw up any forms and I don't know how well I will handle the yelling because I'm not used to it at all. Dh doesn't even raise his voice to me or anyone else so I'm not used to yelling. But the first 8-12 weeks will be training so that will be a breeze, we'll see what it is like when I actually get into my cubicle and have to start hitting a daily quota of claims. But I'm excited about all of it. The cubicles are huge! And you don't share will anyone so it's like your own little office. So cute, lol. I'll have to get some pictures out to take with me. And you cracked me up with the sperm visual, lol.

Penny, have a fantastic trip!! Win lots of money!!! Have a great time!

Deana, that chili sounded sooo good! Did you save some for me? lol. It's rainy and dreary today so a nice hot bowl of chili sounds great!

Kathy, your daughters are soo adorable! And yes I love the curls too!! My dd has straight hair (takes after me, poor thing) but my kids are close in age like yours, my dd and first ds are 11 months apart so I know what you have been through, lol. And I hope you get your 3rd one soon!

Jeniqua, I have the Firm BSS 1 and just love it too (when I do it, lol) but you are right about that fanny lifter... it can kill the butt, lol. but in a good way, lol.

Well, I better get off here and get started on this house this morning. Dinner may change tonight. SIL just called and wants to hit the movies at 5 pm tonight so I may have to eat something while the kids are napping for my dinner because she is making something for everyone for dinner before we leave and I know it wont be OP for me, so I better eat before I go or I'll be tempted to cheat if I show up hungry. So fish tomorrow I guess... I'll make me something easy for my dinner tonight. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:23 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all.

Sorry about being MIA yesterday. I was working and then after dinner had to go do some power shopping trying to find something to wear to Kelly's dinner and graduation tonight.

I wasn't good yesterday. I ate some candy. That job is going to be the death of me. Darn that sweet stuff. Today is another day and I'm ready for it all. I've already downed enough water to float a battleship, and have plans for some oatmeal for breakfast. Today is another hunting day for that stupid pumpkin. I'm sure my sister will be calling me shortly.

Welcome to the newbies. I'm Chris and a sahm of all girls. Ages 11, 5, and 2. I'm in Montana and have been for all my life. Glad to meet you.

QOTD from yesterday: Tiana was planned. Kayla was a pre-remarried, slightly unplanned child. I had every intention of being done after her but wasn't taking anything. I thought I had it all figured out. It worked for 2 years and then *boom* I was pregnant with Nicole. I am done now. The medication I am on is really harmful to fetuses and I have to be extremely careful about using BC. I've got my girls and that's enough for me.

Michelle-How's the weather in your corner of the state? We're not too bad down here. It's been frosting every night and around the 50's during the day. Winter's coming. How's school going for ya? And how is Teagan and Taylor?

Crystal-How's little Andrew doing? Hopefully better now. And hopefully you're able to get some rest...

Jill-love the pics. Bayley is such a cutie! Nicole saw the pic. of her and your DH and she started yelling "dats my daddy!" My DH has a goatee right now and the same color hair. How's school?

Angel-I'm sincerely hoping you don't have to take your son back to the doctor. How big was the bearing he swallowed anyhow?

Jaymi-you go girl! Looks to me like you're getting back on track. Yeahhhh!

Well Mel, Geri, Leigh, Kristin, Cindi, Deana, and all the rest of you...good morning and I'll be checking back later to let you know if we were successful in finding our $500 pumpkin.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

Hope everyone had a great night. Mine wasn't too bad. Still tired though and I just took more decongestant so I'll probably be really tired in about 30 minutes.

Michelle: How are ya today?

Jaymi: WTG on keeping track of your food. I keep a log every day and I think it really helps. It's coming together for you! . Not sure exactly what your plan is but I don't use the f/f stuff much because I don't like the taste either. I just use the regular in moderation. Like with a salad, where I used to smother it in dressing, now I use maybe 2 Tbsp of anything low cal, i.e. vinagrette or italian. Keep it up girl! You'll be there in no time .

Angel: Hope your son passes that ball soon. Do you have any idea what it's made of? Any worry about his body absorbing anything from it, like lead? Too bad about the zoo. Is it getting colder there and that's why they were put away? You can do this too! Are you drinking your water?

Crystal: hope starting school again goes smooth for you. Lucky you, I had really strange dreams, mostly about water, when I was preggo. I can even remember some from my first one 17 years ago.

Mel: How did Bugga's appointment with the endocrinologist go yesterday? Did they even give you any idea or do they have to "read" the results first? I do hope everything is alright for him....if not I hope they find what it is and get him better soon.

Spryng: Have a GREAT day!

Hello to everyone I missed. Kristin where are you?

OK this morning was WI and measurements.......I lost another .5 off my hips in 2 weeks and 3.5 pounds this week! Woohoo . I finally hit my 20 pounds gone mark since really starting to diet, Aug 17th! Now I still have 10.5 to lose by my birthday which is only 18 days away so I may have to adjust my mini goal up 5 pounds. Not sure I can do 10.5 in 18 days. I could be really close though. I'll leave it for now and see how next week's WI is.

Not much planned here today, a little sewing and maybe looking for costume stuff.

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!!!
TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:45 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Spryng and Chris, you snuck in on me!

Spryng: Don't let the idea of the stress get you worried before you even start. You'll do great! And yes I still have some chili left, what time will you be here? LOL

Chris: Go find that pumpkin girl! We want to hear you found it! I bet if you do I'll hear you scream in Missouri...LOL! Hope graduation goes great tonight! GO KELLY!!! Darn that candy!!!

I'm trying to figure out if it's just my browser or what but my ticker isn't showing here.

QOTD: One thing I can remember was when I would cook for Scott, I would ask him how he liked something and after the first few times I realized he liked it the same way I did. For instance how he likes his bacon, crisp but not burnt, same as me....toast, light or heavy butter...heavy, like me. He's not picky about food so that helps. Tells the kids all the time about how he would go to his grandparents for a meal and Grandpa would have to tell him to come up for air...lol. He can really put it away and still never gain an ounce...grrrrr! He's 6'2" and 175 dripping wet with full pockets....LOL!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:54 AM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Just checking in, fixing to get a roast started to cook all day. Then we'll start school. I'm alittle frustrated this morning at dh but it's no big deal. Anyways, that's about it.
QOTD: This one is hard to me. I have always tried and still do to not nag. I have felt that I've done good at that and getting married so young I didn't want to fall into that trap of a nagging wife. I don't nag about much. If dh goes out with friends, I don't care or say anything. If he doesn't get done things he needed to get done, I usually don't say anything. I just really try to be the good housewife and never want to be a nagger or anything although at times I'm a b**ch. I never understood those times and the way I see it is that I have to be sometimes. It's been a good thing to not be a nagger and a bad thing, because at times it's made me feel taken advantage of but oh well. I guess that's about the best answer I've got. Of course, cooking too. I've always wanted to please everyone in the kitchen but dh is so darn picky I just do my best.
Gotta go.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #9  
Jeniqua

Smile Good morning Ladies

Good morning everyone . This morning I woke up and did the Calorie killer video from The Firm. I was interrupted by my SIL knocking on the door..she told me I had rude neighbors and that they were calling her racial slurs and everything. I am black and my SIL is white. Next thing I knew 4 cop cars were here. The neighbors called the cops ! When the cops went over there they said they didn't call the cops. The cops told my SIL to forget about it. She was livid. I understand there's nothing they could do but they could've been a little more caring. My SIL and I are both in interracial relationships so we know we're going to have to face tough times but still. I live in a predominately white area so I'm really not surprised at their reaction. I don't think many people approve of interracial marriages here either.

Kathy~ I live in a small town called Ilion. It's about 1 1/2 hours from Albany. I grew up in the country and absolutely love it!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:09 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Still waiting for my sister to call. I have to balance my checkbook but am dreading it. I'm off and I hate being off, even by a few cents.

QOTD: Something I did for DH when we first got married...This is so sick because you all are going to think my life revolves around cleaning...but I'd go help Kelly at his job by scrubbing down the refrigerators before they got sold. I'd try to keep the house clean for him (slacked on that alot now), and helped him in general. He gets mad sometimes because he says I'm not as affectionate as I used to be but I guess I show my affection more by doing things, like shoveling tons of gravel this year out of the street so he wouldn't have to do it all. (That is a long story...just be careful when you order from a gravel company because you could end up with ALOT more than you wanted).

Spryng-I wish I were you. I am not that good of a cook and frankly I really don't get into it. I love watching cooking shows and I love good healthy food...just hate to make it. Tiana came home from her dad's awhile back and he told her that I only cook out of a box or a can, so that is the on going joke in the house right now. She'll ask what's for dinner and we just tell her "oh, something out of a box!" She idolizes her dad and stepmom and we get the snide remarks from him that she repeats to us. Gotta love those EXs.

I'm giving my sister 1 more hour and then she better get her butt over here. Well...wish me luck on finding the pumpkin. Thanks for cheering for me Deana!!!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:30 PM   #11  

Hey all, sorry I can't get personal now. We just got in from the endocrinologist. He doesn't have Diabetis, at least not the sugar kind. They are checking for another form of it that has to do with the pituitary glad or something. We will know more tomorrow. ANyway, we were there from 815 till 12, so we are beat! ttyl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:56 PM   #12  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone I'm here!! Sorry I didn't get back last night but I ran out to pick up our family pictures, get a DVD and then stopped by Old Navy and got Bayley a cute coat that was on sale. Time flies when you are out by yourself!! LOL Anyway thanks for all your nice comments about my pictures. It was a fun day, and oh ya for those of you that said my dh was a hottie thanks too! I was telling him you all were saying that and he got so embarrassed, it was cute. LOL

We rented Mean Girls last night. Dh wanted Van Helsing (he's a werewolf and vampire fan, well actually he's scared of them LOL) but they were all rented out so I got what I wanted since I was the one who went into town LOL. Mean girls was pretty good, didn't have your typical plot like a lot of teen movies do. It was a good night, even though I should have been doing homework!

Well I was a little better OP yesterday and I did get a good workout in and 100 oz of water so I was down 1.5 today and am hoping to get the rest of by tomorrow or Thursday in hopes of maintaining this week. Don't want to ruin what I have already done so I need to get my butt back in gear!

Ok enough chit chat, I need to talk to you ladies! LOL

Kristin I got your package today!! How cute is that costume!! OMG I am so excited to have Bayley wear it!! Thank you so much!! I will make sure and take lots of pictures and post them! So where are ya girl?

Penny your gone and I didn't even get to say good bye I know you will have a great time though!

QOTD from yesterday: I don't secretly want one, I tell everyone about it!! LOL I just know I can't till I am done with school. I am so close and having another baby would make it so I couldn't get into the Masters program so that's a big NO right now. I will be trying to get pregnant as soon as I get a teaching job though. So watch for it in Sept. of 2006!

QOTD today: When we were first married I prided myself at cleaning ALL weekend long and getting the house ready for another week. Since dh used to work Saturdays I would clean all day and do laundry and that was my life. I have since learned that if I keep it picked up all week that I don't have to waste my Saturdays cleaning. Plus the fact that I have better things to do than clean all the time. Dh never asks me to do anything and he appreciates what I do so I never feel obligated to do anything for him, I just do it cuz I love him (and I know he won't do it LOL)

Angel hope the bearing passes soon! And sorry about the zoo experience, at least the kids had fun though. I know you can get back OP just start small like you are and try to work up to it. I know for me if I drop everything cold turkey and try to diet it is a disaster.

Hi Spryng lots of changes with you!! I hope everything works out well for you. We will miss your posts during the day. We all really look up to you I think because you have met so many goals! I hope we don't all fall apart without you here during the day! LOL How do you think you will do OP when you are working? It will probably take a little more planning. Hope you are doing well today.

Chris find that pumpkin!!!!

Deana you are doing so awesome!!! Keep it up! 20 lbs gone! I was just telling my mom on the way back from the gym that you were doing so good and she thought that was great! I know you will make your goal.

Jeniqua nice to meet you I'm Jill. You can read about be at the top of the page. Sorry about the trouble this morning. Why were your neighbors yelling at her? It's sad that after all these years people still have such bad attitudes about things that should not even be an issue. Hope the rest of your day goes well.

Mel good to know that bugga doesnt have the first type of diabetes, that's a hard life. I hope they find something that can be cured if they find anything at all. Keep us posted.

Ok I need to get a shower and get some laundry going while baby is napping. Need to get in some homework as well. I've got deadlines approaching and these are not small projects. Anyway I hope to be on here a few times today and keep up like I used to! LOL Can't wait for Christmas break!!!!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone!! hope your day is going great!!

Crystal: Yeah Natalie has beautiful curls....I have curly hair too....just not as curly as hers!! Ashley has her daddy's poker straight hair....I swear I put a roller in it and less then a second later it is flat again!!! Man, you sound like you are one busy lady!! being pregnant and all where do you find the energy?!

Spryng: it is so nice to see other people with children close in age!! I found that once my youngest was closer to three, things got sooooooo much easier!! the first two years was a blur though...I really love having them so close in age...built in playmates!! I would be interesting, if I ever got pregnant again...there would be at least a 5 yr difference between the youngest two.......that will be interesting to see the difference!

Deanna: awesome on the 3.5 pounds!!!!!

Jeniqua: a lot of people are ignorant idiots!! sorry that your SIL had to put up with that! Hmmm havent heard of Ilion.....we are living in the country now too here in NH...I hate it!!LOL!! I am a city girl....born and raised.....I want city water, gas heat, city sewage, city garbage pickup and city side walks dam it!! I dont want to drive 20+ minutes to go to a grocery store!! sigh but I do like the peace and quiet of only hearing the birds chirping.

QOTD: When you were first married what would put a smile on your face that you would do for DH that he may not have even known about?

well in the beginning stages anything domesticated would make me smile....I felt like such the wifey!! sigh.....now...he can have all that domestic stuff! well except the beign a mom part!!!
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:12 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kathy! Just wanted to ask really fast what your ticker means. I know you are trying to conceive but I'm not sure what the letters stand for. Can you explain? I love tickers!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:14 PM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Checking in again. Finished up with school and my roast is close to being done, so it will be one of those eat as you get hungry days. The girls are having lunch and Andrew fell asleep on the couch, so I'm out for the nap today. Oh well. It's staying dry today and the sun even came out a bit so it helped to dry things out but I just hope we don't get more which I'm sure we will.
Anyways, after we all eat, we'll head outside for a while.
Jill, glad you enjoyed your night.
Mel, so glad bugga doesn't have that type of diabetes and hoping he doesn't have ANY type.
TTYL