Old 10-25-2004, 08:08 AM   #1  
Abby's Mommy

Default Weekly Weigh In 10/25-10/31

Good Monday Morning to you all!!

I dont know about you all, but I sure miss Gretchen on Monday mornings!

Well, I didnt loose this week. I maintained. I think the reason is because I've started to indulge a little more on the weekend, and therefore, I'm not seeing a loss. Plus...I had a crazy week, and havn't been able to go to the gym since Wednesday. I know...excuses, excuses!

How did you all do??
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:32 AM   #2  
Jennifer

Hey, at least you didn't gain, right?

I'm down 4 this week to 225. I don't want to jinx it, but October has been a good month for me. I'm nervous about upcoming trips to parents, but I think it'll be OK.

Good luck to all this week!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:38 AM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Jennifer, that is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

Amy Jo, you sweetie -- it can all change on a dime, so just back up and get right back on plan. You'll feel much better and be back in Loozah territory in no time! Remember not to beat yourself up, though, ok? Nobody's perfect.

I'm UNofficially back down to 216 -- I lost the 5 pounds that I was up after last weekend's getaway, so that's my happy news!! Monday is not my official weigh-in day, so I'm looking forward to reporting that I've made my 3rd mini-goal really soon -- and then it will be on to Onederland for me!!! I'm working out both hard and REALLY regularly (I've only missed one day, Saturday -- and that was planned -- since last Sunday.) And my eats are GREAT, so I'm feeling just so wonderful about EVERYTHING! Lorraine is starting today, she's going to try to make healthy eating choices, and do the WATP 1-mile. Smoker and non-exerciser that she is, I'm not sure she'll make it through, but we'll see. She climbs a lot of stairs in our house, and she's got awesome, muscular legs, so I don't worry about the pegs giving way -- it's the ticker that I worry about. I told her to take it easy, and to not be upset if she can't finish it, and to use the 1 lb. weights if she can't handle the 3 lbs -- and to just TELL me she used the 3 lbs! I'm so excited about it, but I'm trying to give her the impression that I'm just "pretty" excited so I'm not putting too much pressure on her!

So life is GREAT here! Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:54 AM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Sarah I so hope that Lorraine can do it. It's so much easier when both people are on plan. Kimberley has really been struggling. She weighed last week and has not gained back any of the 16 lbs that she lost. So she has being trying harder this week.

Jennifer 4 lbs! That is fantastic. Keep up the great work. I’m sure you will do fine at the parents.

Amy Jo you are doing great. Just look at this week as practice for maintaining.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:19 PM   #5  
I climb mountains!

Howie, thanks buddy! You're right, it sure would be easier if we were both on the same track....and she really needs to do something. She'd feel much better if she did.

Jennifer, I forgot to say that I think it would help if you asked your parents in advance for their support, ie. "I'm doing really well and I'm worried about falling off track over the holiday -- I'd love to make some on-plan alternatives while I'm there; you wouldn't mind would you?" Or something along those lines. That way you're being proactive, and don't have to initiate the discourse over an extended bowl of buttery mashed potatoes!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:21 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I lost 3 lbs this week for a total of 14 lbs in October so far and 61 lbs since the end of May.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:53 PM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good for you Nelie you are doing awsome.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:54 PM   #8  
Jennifer

I have thought about that, too, Sarah. I am going to have a heart-to-heart with my mom before I visit, because she has a tendency to associate our having a good time with eating a lot. My sister recently joined a gym, so I plan to get some day passes and take lots of walks. Plus, we like to cook for her when we're there, so we can make some healthy meals.

As far as the in-laws go, I'm going to have to be a little less direct, unfortunately. We're just getting over a debacle with them about their NOT bringing up the "when are you going to procreate" question, so I don't want to introduce yet another thing. I'm just going to exercise a lot and keep my portions small.

Thanks for thinking of me! I'm with you on the holiday strategies!
Old 10-25-2004, 02:57 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapotdynamo
I am going to have a heart-to-heart with my mom before I visit......I plan to get some day passes and take lots of walks. Plus, we like to cook for her when we're there, so we can make some healthy meals.
Sounds like a plan, Stan! You go, setting yourself up for success -- that sounds GREAT, and when your mom sees you, she'll understand perfectly that you just really want to keep up your beautiful momentum. I'll bet she's going to be so proud of you. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapotdynamo
As far as the in-laws go, I'm going to have to be a little less direct, unfortunately. We're just getting over a debacle with them about their NOT bringing up the "when are you going to procreate" question, so I don't want to introduce yet another thing. I'm just going to exercise a lot and keep my portions small.
Ick. Yet ANOTHER benefit of being on the B-Team, I tell ya! Of course there are other in-law struggles attached to B-Team membership, but that's a whole OTHER thread.... Sounds AGAIN like you've got a good plan in place.

Strategies rock. You go on with your proactive self and your 4 pounds lost, you bad mammajamma.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

up 2 pounds from 2 weeks ago.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Amy Jo, hey, you're in ONEderland and you've busted your butt to get there, so maintanance is good!

Jennifer, go you! 4 pounds is great.

Sarah, I'm real glad to hear that you're back to your normal weight! AND I'm happy for Lorraine for starting to be healthier. I'm sure she'll do great with Miss Encyclopedia there to guide her.

Howie, give my best to Kimberly! I'm glad you two have each other to help out. You're right, it's probably a lot easier that way

Nelie, everytime I look at your sig I'm amazed! Just a few weeks ago you were so excited to be in the 290s and now you're out of them. I"m real impressed, and happy for you!

Barby, I hear ya. I'm up a few too, but don't let it discourage you too much. I hope things are going okay for you.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #12  
I climb mountains!

Dana, I LOVE YOUR PIC!!!! You look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

aw, thanks sarah!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:30 PM   #14  
Live for the Moment!

Amy Jo - Maintaining is FANTASTIC! Just look at how far you've come.. Be proud!

Nelie - You are totally amazing me every single day.. Huge motivator for me right now! Keep it up!

Sarah - That's great news about Lorraine - now, you just need her to quit smoking and you'll be set!

To all the people who gained a little - DON'T WORRY! The point is you're still here and haven't give up! WE CAN DO THIS!

And to all you wonderful losers... Look at ya'll go... You're just melting the pounds away!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:38 AM   #15  
Jennifer

p.s. Dana - I concur. Totally hot photo (and nice e.e. cummings, as well!).