Old 10-25-2004, 06:23 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #276* Monday *

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:34 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a great Sunday. Hope everyone slept well. My night was okay. Obviously if this medicine is going to help Andrew sleep, it's going to take longer than a week. Not bad, just usual. I'm gonn pay for it later, getting up at 510, but after Andrew woke me up at 430 he went back to sleep but I couldn't so I got up. But I have missed not getting up earlier than my kids. And now that dh is working on the house, his help shows up at 800 and I'm usually still in pj's and hair's a mess and so forth, so I'm gonna try to get ready earlier so if they have to come in my house, I don't have to hide.

Penny, how are you? How did you sleep?

Michelle, I'm getting VERY anxious for little Allison to come out and so are my kids. But right now I'm full of patience. I was saying the other day that the friends of mine that got that new BIG house has made me MORE anxious and after seeing my new niece, Libby, it made me more anxious for my baby so I'm just full of patience right now. Luckily I've got the holidays coming up, my favorite time of year. So we're focus on enjoying these holidays while we wait. The kids know that first we'll have Christmas, then Allison will be here then the new house will be ready. So that's the plan.

Hello to Geri, Cindi, Angel, Deana, Chris, Amy, Jill, Jaymi, Spryng, Mel and everyone else out there in sahm world. Today we are back to school, not sure if it will be this morning or afternoon, we'll play it by ear I suppose. Now we spend as much time outside as we possibly can so we'll fit it in. I'll continue to do laundry and keeping the house picked up and dinner will be chicken enchiladas, so I have a plan. Thursday will be Alisa's first Girl Scouts meeting too.

I forgot to share the funniest story with you all. While we were buying groceries at Walmart last week, we were in the can goods isle. Ally picked up a can of corn with the Green Giant on it and asked so seriously..."Is this God?" My mouth dropped, it was so cute. I said why would you ask that? I said no it's the Green Giant and she said oh, I want it to be God. I just laughed and said okay baby. That was the cutest thing ever and I wanted to share it with you.
Okay gonna get school lesson prepared and coffee sipped. TTYL

P.S. Btw, Michelle, little Allison is kicking this morning just for you, LOL!!!
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:12 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies....

Michelle,
The new program sounds neat Hope you had a good night at work... I am going to Wal Mart today so hopefully I can snag a box and ship ya out

Crystal,
Sounds like you were up early! Hope Andrew takes a good nap today!

Well I am getting all the last minute things done for the trip. But don't worry ladies, I don't plan on screwing up!

I have all my gym stuff, me and hubby both to utilize the gym at the hotel WOOHOO!

Well I gotta get all hubby's bookwork finished so I can get the gets up and Adam!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:16 AM   #4  

Morning Crystal! Such a cute story about The Green Giant being good. Out of the mouths of Babes! I bet they had the best time in the dirt yesterday!

Ok, all, heading for the gym today. Training at 10a.m. I am pooped, I hope I enough energy to do my workout. I'll check back in later.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:18 AM   #5  

Penny, u snuck in on me............HI! glad your walk went well.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:37 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Mel,
Ya know I'm sneeky! BARRRRHARRRR HARRR!!!! ( the amanda show...)

Have a good time at the training session!!!!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:49 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday. Dh and our friends pulled in about 1:15 and I was throwing lunch together then we ate and talked for a while. They left to head back to Michigan around 4:00. After that I went to help dh put his things away in the garage, finished washing our bedsheets and next thing I knew it was time for bed.

When I went to bed last night I had 5 chicks hatched. This morning there were 15! and still more working at it. I should end up with atleast 20 this time. I am splitting these with the people that gave me the eggs to hatch so I will have the 1 rooster and 4 hens I already had, 10 chicks from the last hatching and probably 10 from this one, so I will have 25 then.The new ones should start laying eggs in about March, weather permitting.

Chris: Too scary about the choking, Glad he's ok.

Penny: Great walk. You'll be gone in the morning when I report my WI, but I snuck a peek this morning and was down 2.5 and tomorrow is measurement day too.

Michelle: So glad you are feeling better! That program sounds too cool girl!

Mel: Have you mailed that yet? I still haven't told dh about it. Of course he had alot to do yesterday when he got home. Have a great workout.

Kathy: When I started dieting, I just made my mind up that I was going to do it. Started reading up on metabolism and how to jump start it and keep it going, then went from eating twice a day to 3 meals, 3 snacks....overnight. Drink lots of water and excercise. I checked out some of the diet plans and knew that I couldn't be too restricted for 1) I knew it would be more expensive to have ot buy my food and their food and 2) If I am too resticted, I burn out too fast. No snacking after 8:00 p.m. and make sure I don't just sit after that. I'm not much on watching tv anyway so that helps. Hope you find what will work for you soon and you can join us in watching that scale go DOWN!!!

Crystal: Too cute about Ally in the store! Can't wait to hear how Alisa likes girl scouts.

Well I need to get dh up so he will be able to sleep again later before work. Abby has school today and I need to go to the bank.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:50 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Old 10-25-2004, 08:55 AM   #9  
Jeniqua

Smile

Jeniqua~28 SAHM to 3 children, Jasmine 5, Juliesa 3(almost 4 Dec 27th),and JT 2 1/2. My husband and will be married 6 years on Feburary 13th! I am currently eating in moderation but am looking into starting the South Beach Diet.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies!!!

YAH RED SOX!!!

okay, got that out of my system!

Crystal:too funny about the greengiant and God....what a smart little girl you have there!!

Deanna: That is so cool about the chickens......we would love to have chickens...but with three cats who hunt...probably not a good mix??

Goodmorning to everyone else....today is definitely a brand new day for me....I had a nice long conversation about weightloss with some friends and I feel energized....I have joined fitday.com to keep track....and here we go!!....it sure has helped that I have a scale...until I actually saw it in those digital numbers......it wasnt real....well indeed it is real!!

Have a great day all...I am sure I will check in later
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:04 AM   #11  
Jeniqua

Crystal~ Your son sounds soo adorable..isn't it amazing how kids truly do speak fromtheir hearts.. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and he already tells everyone GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!! Can you believe it?? Have a blessed day!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:32 AM   #12  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Jeniqua: Nice to have you here. Post often and let us get to know you better. What kind of excercise are you doing, other than running after kids . I am Deana, almost 37 yo sahm of Erik 16, Andrew almost 9, Matthew 7 and Abby almost 5. I am limiting calories, drinking lots of water and using the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. This is a busy thread during the week so try to keep up if you can .

Kathy: You're right, cats and chickens don't mix well, unless the chickens are well enclosed. We don't have cats and our dog has been trained to leave them alone. I now have 20 hatched and 1 more working on it. I will leave the other eggs in until tomorrow to make sure they are all hatched before i throw them out, so who knows, maybe more by then.

Well gotta start getting Abby ready for preschool then I have to go to the bank. Will check in later.

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:28 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Hey gals . . . a flyby from me. I've been bombarded with our guests and everyone has been using my computer nonstop. But people are all going home this evening, so I'll hopefully catch up tonight or tomorrow
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:54 PM   #14  

Leigh wanted to say Happy Birthday to Liam! 1 year age is so much fun. Enjoy him, they grow to fast!

Spryng congrats on everything. Sounds like life is really going your way !

Penny you look great. It is so neat you are involved in so many things, church and charities. Your a wonder woman.

Jaymi, hi nice to see you back. I have been in lurking mode .

Everyone have a great week, and a great OP week! Julie
sorry so short but life is calling to get things done!!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone! I've been reading along with you all for a while now and have decided to jump in. My name is Stephanie. I am 26 years old and have been married for 5 1/2 years( feb 12) to Bob. I have 2 kids of my own plus a step daughter. My stepdaughter's name is Ashley and she's 10. My son, Brandon, is 6 1/2 and my daughter, Kayla, just turned 4 on Oct 20. I have a lot of weight to lose. I'm not quite sure as to what I weigh right now as I don't have a working scale, but I know I have over 100 lbs to lose. My husband and I just joined Bally's Total Fitness the other day and will be going for the first time tomorrow night. I'm so excited. We also get 5 1hour sessions with a personal trainer, which I desperately need. I look forward to getting to know you all better and winning this weight loss battle.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote