Old 10-23-2004, 08:08 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Formerly Stay At Home Moms) #274

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:22 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Saturday

Morning ladies. Hope everyone had a good Friday night. Mine was okay. Andrew woke up once and got in the bed with me which isn't a habit but I don't like it. I've realized he was never ready to be out of that baby crib, but he climbed out so I didn't have a choice. I'll just deal with it and when we're in the new house he'll have his own room and be over 2 years and I can control him a little better. Meaning I can spank him and leave him in there to cry and fall asleep, if I do that now, it wakes the other kids. Anyways...

Mel, how is school going?

Jaymi, us building the house has been a long time coming and now with the size of my family is much much needed.

Penny, I'll try to take pictures of the progress. My digital isn't working, I'll get one of those disposables and when it's full have it done on a cd. I need to take a picture of the pasture now with just stakes so you can see that we are going from nothing to that big house. It's a little overwhelming. And the name, I am almost positive and feel safe enough to say that it's probably Allison Michelle. I know the Allison part for sure, and I'm confident about Michelle unless something strikes us different.

Okay where were all of you last night? Dh took over my desk...again, lol! Today we are going to my sister's house to see all of them and Libby. I can't wait, it's going to get me overly excited about Allison I just know it. I'm getting really closer to wanting to get my designs in place and on paper for each room, it's just I change my mind so often and I don't know when or if I'll be able to buy the window treatments right away or the linens or what have you. I guess I can pick out my colors and my techniques, if any, and go from there.
See our cabinets are a beautiful maple that we picked out and the color isn't dark but isn't light and my furniture I like painted furniture where as dh likes everything to be wood, wood, wood. I found a hall tree that I want and it's black, I wanted to mix and match my end tables and such with white and black. He said, black, it's not going to match, I said just hush and let me handle it. I'm just going to have to tune him out and just do what I think is best, hard to do I know. I want all my built in book shelves to be painted white, mostly, I think against a solid wall color it gives such a crisp and refreshing look, but he said not wood and stained, I said no way.
I didn't mean to go on and on about that, just sort of thinking out loud.
I've got to get off for a bit. TTYL
Old 10-23-2004, 08:23 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

I meant Michelle, how is school going? I'm sorry Mel.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:19 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies

Just wanted to check in before I got going for the day...

How is everyone doing on the challenge of the week? I have gotten in all my water and 5/6 exercises so far this week YAH! Tomorrow will be the 2.2 mile walk for the Kidney Foundation so that will put me at 6/7!

I hopped on the scale again this morning b/c I was angry with it for lying to me yesterday....lol

I am 163.5! Now that's better.....lol (gonna go change my ticker!)

Anyhow,
Crystal,
I bet you are excited to go see Libby and your sis. I love that name btw. Congrats on getting the stakes done on the house! Very Exciting!

Hi out there to all my wonderful friends!

Have an awesome day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:59 AM   #5  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Saturday Morning Ladies....I think!

My darned ear is still bothering me. And today it's worse. It has been draining alot and my neck is a little stiff this morning. I have been on those stinkin' antibiotics for a week now and they aren't doing any good. I called the doctor's office to see which one was covering Sat hours today and it's the same one I saw for this last week, so I don't want to go in today. I need to see if I can get in to see MY doctor on Monday. But when I go in I am going to raise **** because I am so sick of going to the office to see soemone different each time and keep getting misdiagnosed and given the wrong meds for whatever it is. Last time I was sick I finally went to my doctor and he got it right. I am really concerned that this may be something wrong with my eustachen (sp?) tube and nothing exactly with my ear. Sorry if this is TMI, but I woke up this morning with it all crusty and stuffed up and last night I was laying in bed reading for about 30 minutes and when I moved my head there was a wet spot on my pillow the size of a half dollar. UUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
Sorry to go on and on but this is driving me nuts and I hate the thought of maybe having to have tubes at my age.

Penny: WooHoo on the scales! Yes the coaches get some excercise so I could count that . When do you leave for your trip? How many days to we have to miss you? Sounds like you will be really busy all week. Good luck with the Kidney Walk tomorrow. Hope you raise lots of money! I did cruddy on the challenge this week. My ear has kept me from doing my WATP because I'm afraid I will lose my balance and break something . It's really got me messed up.

Michelle: get better soon. Sorry you are sick, hope Taylor is feeling better soon too. WTG on the school work. I love that topic too.

Jaymi: Did you get your excercise in at 2 this morning? . Get back OP today girl! You can do this.

Crystal: Have fun with Libby and your sis and all the kids.

Spryng: Did dh make it in last night?

Chris: Just remember that pumpkin will be in the last place you look! Have a great day!

Hi to Geri, Mel, Amy, Kathy, Elisa, Jill, and anyone else I missed. Have a GREAT OP DAY!!! Drink that water!

Not much planned here today, maybe crafts. I ended up taking Matthew do his dad's, Andrew to a friend's and Abby to my mil's last night. The only one I had to pick up was Abby. The other 2 spent the night so I have to go pick them up this morning sometime then we'll be home all day....I think

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:06 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey gals...

Today is another day, huh? Mine is filled with cleaning and cleaning. After I get the family room cleaned, I have to shampoo the rugs again. Let me tell you, my life has been reduced to cleaning and taking care of kids. There has to be something out there that will make me feel like somebody.

I stayed OP yesterday. I drank my water...alot! I must be lacking in water though because I just don't go to the bathroom as much as I thought I would. Unless of course, a person's body gets used to the extra water.

Jaymi-Stay with it even though you slipped... Adding to the stepchild discussion-it seems like no matter what you do to make it feel like a family full of equals, it never seems to work. I wish I had some magic solution to help the situation. I want my DH and Kelly to get along so bad, but it just doesn't want to happen.

Cindi-Ouch! It sounds like your kids had a bad day yesterday. Well from reading your post last night, it sounds like you're going to start the day of right. Way to go!

Michelle-Hey and 80% is still a B, right? Not bad at all, for being out of school for 10 years. Except you're making me feel really old. Other than my almost 2 years in college, I haven't been in school for 15 years. I'm older than you....

My gosh, am I older than most of you gals on here?

Hey Crystal- How did Andrew do last night? When you get your house done, btw, I hope you post some pictures so we can get a "tour"....

Deana-Have they checked to see if your eustachian tube is swollen. Mine does that and makes it hurt. Also for some reason when my husband gets an infection or just a cold, water sacs develop around his ear drum and causes extreme pain...but never an infection. The doctor always sets him up on a 7 day course of prednisone. It really helps him. You just might need a little steroid kick.
OH-Thanks for the encouragement on the pumpkin. I always say it'll be the last place too...and my daughter always says DUH! You're not looking for it anymore...

Hey all you other chicks...I gotta go start with the family room. It's 10 am here and I haven't started a thing. I'll check back later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:14 PM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Well we are supposed to go fishing in a bit! I dread it.. but hey... in a relationship, ya gotta compromise right?!? Well I"m getting ready to exercise right quick before we go. I'm pretty disgusted with myself right now! I just bought some pajamas, they are a size 15/16 and they look awful on me! I actually bought them to exercise in, instead of sweats... but I will not be wearing this in public. I think it's spandex though.. but yuck!!! It's like skin tight! I know I haven't gained 10 more lbs in a day!! Well, I'm not geting on the scale until lext week sometime. Or maybe after that! Anyways my birthday is coming up quick.. and I need some motivation. I wanted to be at 135 by then.. obviously that's not going to happen, so to be back at 145 or less would be even better! Wel my dh is looking at me crazy so I better get started. I hope everyone is having a great day... will get persoal later!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:26 PM   #8  

Hey all! Happy weekend. We have lots of getting things done around here and then we are going to rake leaves and let the kids jump in them...I love to see them have so much fun!

Terrible night with food! I ate chineese and I had too much. So, where I might have seen a loss today, I didn't. Bad bad bad!!! Today is another day. I will have to do my best to stay OP. Otherwise, I have to add a day to my exercise!!! Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Penny, congrats on the that pound. Have fun on the walk tomorrow

Spryng, Congrats on the loss.

Cindi, congrats again on the loss

Deana, hope that ear feels better.

gtg. lots to do!

Hello, Crystal, chris, jill, jaymi, michelle, and the rest of you!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:59 PM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey just real quick from me since I am supposed to be getting ready to go but Chris who is Kelly? I thought Kelly was your dh's name but in your post you said you wanted dh and Kelly to get along. I am confused. Can you clarify? LOL Sorry I am just nosey. I'll talk to you ladies later when I get a little more time.
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 03:02 PM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all, back from sisters. Couldn't stay as long as I had wanted as Andrew was terribly cranky and his nose is running like crazy. All because we spent some time outside yesterday. Nonetheless, we're home and Libby is so cute. Chubby face and a head FULL of short black hair.
Anyways, we're home and Andrew is napping. Gotta go make dh some lunch, he's on his way home with some stuff to outline the house to start trenching tomorrow.
TTYL
Old 10-23-2004, 03:29 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

OOPs!

Jill, sometimes my fingers fly faster than my mind works. I meant to say DD not DH and Kelly. Kelly is the DH. Honest....

Well I got my carpets shampooed. All I can say is YUCK! A family of five can do some serious damage to beige carpet. When I get new carpet, it is going to be a different color. Something stain-resistant and its going to hid the dirt better. My kitchen's clean too. I vacuumed the upper living room. Did 4 loads of laundry so far and the dishes are done. I'm busy busy busy! The DH better appreciate it when he gets home or I'm going to short-sheet his half the bed.

Duty calls. Sounds like Nicole is trying to steal some ice cream out of the freezer again. OOPS, never mind she has it open and eating it all ready. Little turkey!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 06:08 PM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Afternoon!

Deana,
I am sorry your ear isn't better! Grrr..... Are you gonna go back to the dr?

Crystal,
Sorry Andrew was cranky! That is always how it goes.. I bet Libby is a cutie... Does your sis have dark hair like you?

Chris,
Congrats on the house work! We have the same color carpet with 5 in the house! I know how you feel! We are going to hardwood soon.

Jill,
Hope you are having a wonderful time at the pumpkin patch! Hope you get some pics!

Jaymi,
I know you can do this girl! I know you have the motivation and we are here to help you!!!!! Have fun fishing

Mel,
Don't fret about the Chinese. You know we are in this for life so we still have to live, ya know! We are on this for the long road. You are doing so awesome keep it up! Glad the kids had such a great time in the leaves!

Well we made it through the fair and the family reunion and now home taking a rest..... Whew. One tired mama! And hubby is working all weekend... trying to finish up so we can leave.

Deana, We are leaving on Tuesday morning at 6:00... We will be back on Friday morning at 5:00.. But Hunter has a field trip and his class party so I will come straight home then go with him there.... then when we get home we have a treat or treat party..... That will be all night......

So when I crash I WILL CRASH
Old 10-23-2004, 06:21 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok.... here is a new pic.... but it doesn't really show the new cut.... it comes down in the front and flips up the in the back..

Oh BTW, I found a free sample from the reach website for a free flosser...

Click here for the sample page
Attached Images
File Type: jpg penny3fc.jpg (36.8 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-23-2004, 07:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Saturday Ladies.....cant believe I havent logged on to the computer all day....but it has been a productive day!! gotta love that!!!

Well I still havent bought that scale yet but will tomorrow I guess...I am dreading it!! and get this!! I actually managed to avert my evening snack craving last night!! woohoo!! tonights another night.......we are going to be watching the redsocks game so I need to figure out how to keep from snacking.....will let you all know how I do.

Crystal: sigh dont you hate it when the hubbies want an opinion in decorating! ugh my dh is like that....drives me nuts as we have to get such toned down stuff....like our couch for example.....god forbid if anything looks femine!!

Penny: wow 30 lbs down! when did you start?? you are an inspiration! cant wait until I get 30lb down!! have fun on your walk

Deanna: OUCH on the ear....are you taking any anti-inflammatories for it? hope you are able to sleep well tonight

Mel: re the chinese: not bad bad bad! you are human and need to enjoy chinese food everyonce in a while!!! enjoy it and move on!!...mmmm so what did you have??

Chris: Wholy cleaning woman!! I wonder how many calories you burned cleaning! as for the carpet....we had light beige carpets when we had the house built(pre-kids...we were sooo ignorant) well 5 years late those carpets were so stained...despite steam cleaning..we replaced them.....we put in burber.....best move ever! sure it isnt as classy looking but heck......it is stain free....this carpet repels the stains!!!...one year...when we are swimming in $$(yeah riiiight) we will get hardwood.

Well am off to get the kiddos in bed and get ready for the Sox...go Sox!!!!!!
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Well today has been a BUSY day to say the least. Left early this morning to go get dh and while we were in olathe I got the call I had been waiting for... I"M HIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I start 8 am Nov 8th!!! I'm so thrilled and excited and scared and all those crazy emotions! I called SIL to tell her it was a go on the babysitting and she was thrilled too because this is extra money for her, so that was nice to hear! Then we bought another car. Yup. Didn't really plan on it. Dh and I had been talking about another car for him to drive back in forth to work because I would be using my van if I got hired to drive myself to work so he needed something of his own. Nothing fancy, just something with good gas mileage and is reliable. So the first car lot we stopped at had a 98 Ford Escort, stick shift, two doors and is perfect for him with a very low price and practically no down payment (50 bucks!) so we took it. Now it's sitting outside, lol. Funny how things happen. But now that is taken care of and I won't have to worry about needing to share the van with dh later on. So anyway, I am so tired and now I need to go clean my kitchen. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack today to celebrate my good news and it was sooooo good! Coconut shrimp and Blue Crab for me, YUM!
Oh and FIL is back to his old self today. Yesterday MIL was really worried because he wouldn't get out of bed and didn't want to eat or take his medicine, but I figured from the past few days being so hard on him he was needing all that extra sleep, and I was right. He slept all day and night and today he is eating fine, acting fine, etc. Everyone is relieved. So I think he will be just fine. Thank you all for you kind words and thoughts, I was really worried about him. He is the only father I'll every have so I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Well, sorry I can't get personal right now but my filthy kitchen and cat's litter box needs some TLC, so I'll TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote