Old 10-21-2004, 10:45 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Chit Chat #84

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:28 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Morning...

Sounds like you had tons of fun Jana Just glad to have you back....

On the run {{{{Ellen}}}}} hope you are having a good day

Taking Gaby to grandma's....for the day.

"Nana" is Rocky's mother in law- her daughter died 10 years ago and left Rocky with a son to raise. Nana is a HUGE help - along with "papa" .....they live within 2 miles.....
anyway,,,,,,,he told "papa"....figures it will get to "nana"....lol....chicken....

Better get,,,,,,11 1/2 days to go!!!! YAY,,,,, weighed in at 141 this morning....
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:44 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Hello ladies~

Jane~well, gee, you went and changed the avatar before I could post and say I liked your new avatar and hairdo! Of course I think Molly is adorable. Glad you guys made it hope safe and had a wonderful, fun time at Disney World. About the name, it doesn't matter. I changed it back to Cristi because it has been that for so long here and I kinda got used to it. Seeing Cristina in the signature looked weird even though that is what I go by. My foot is a little better, not much. It felt better yesterday but then when I put shoes on and have them on for a while it starts again-not sure what is up with that at all but if it continues I will be heading to the doc.

Mindee~my mother too is old fashioned and set in her ways and will tell me how I need or should do things even after I have told her that we are different and do things different. But rather than get upset about it or say anything anymore I have learned to ignore her when she starts. It's just not worth it to me to get upset over minor things such as that and ruin the day. That's the way she is and I have accepted it because she will be that way till the day she dies, so...anyway, hope things go well with the Union. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers that all works out for the best.

Marti~we did buy for V's dad, step-mom and his mom but his mom passed away the year we were married and of course we are not a part of his dad & step-moms life any longer. I do try to get friends a little something but other than that we don't buy for a lot of people. There was a time I did, of course that was when we had the family together. I used to cook but with my family in AR they can't make it here so...Anyway, now you have me worried missy-I hope there is nothing serious wrong.

Angie~you made me think of my family and the way they treat us a little different, or at least the kids. They never liked the fact that I didn't marry a "white" guy so with the kids being part Choctaw they didn't care much for that-oh well. I didn't marry to please them. The same with DH#1's family. They never had much to do with us because he married a "white" woman and always made a point of mentioning it. Although, they still would come to family dinners and such when I invited them so it wasn't so bad, just didn't treat us like they did the rest of the family. People are funny to say the least.

Julie~I missed that show but really wanted to see it. Hopefully I will catch it next week. I would love to get on one of those shows. Hope you get to feeling better. Is there anyway you can back out of all the baking? Seems like a lot to do especially since you are not feeling well. Or maybe you could get some help with it.

Katy~DH is also Lutheran. I was raised and baptized Baptist but go where I feel at home. Right now that is the Catholic Church since DS#1 was baptized and became Catholic. Not sure why he choose the Catholic faith. I need to get out and start walking. The weather is perfect for it here now.

Susan~received your newsletter today but haven't had a chance to open it yet. I left it in the car to read while waiting on V. Did I send you my street address? I don't check the PO Box as often as we had everything changed over to our street address. DH has to close the PO Box because his name is on it as the main person and hasn't gotten to it yet. But when you receive the card I sent make note of our address. So how did you like your Excel class? Are you getting the hang of all that? I need to take the advanced Excel class to learn more.

Let's see...I can't remember who else posted on the other thread. So I will just say Hi to the rest of you ladies. Hope all is well with you.

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. Yesterday was another wasted day-I hate that. I couldn't wake up for the life of me. Had to force myself to get up and get going. I think it is the weather. Did manage to get the house vaccumed and last night went looking at more trucks for DS#2-he found one. Now we just need to get to the bank and get a loan. V was calling them today hoping they still had the paperwork and we'll go from there. Not sure what needs to be done but I am sure we will have to co-sign since DS doesn't have any credit. Today did my weekly shopping at wally world. Then DD and I were off to JC Penneys. I had ordered some crocheted throw pillows for my bed and a comforter and skirt for DS#2. I still need to get some curtains for his room also. So we were just looking around. Didn't really see anything that I couldn't live without except a big oversized sweat shirt. And that is about all I have for now.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:13 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Cristi-

Thanks for the card!! I need to get an address book and put everyones info in there. I have envelopes all over my car...lol.

Trying to find a health article and I am done with November's.

Having a hard time with Gaby, she is soooo active.....hard to keep up with her. She is at grandma's today.

I have another excel on Monday- they only offer 2 classes...I enjoy it- hope the second level will teach me some things I didn't know already.

anyway, better get back to work.....
Old 10-21-2004, 06:45 PM   #5  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Brandon’s 6 month check up appointment is next Tuesday at 2:30pm. So we will see how long and how much he weighs! Plus he gets his next round of shots. (and hopefully they will give him a flu shot as well)

Ok….tell me what you all think of this. My hubby talked to his mom last night and asked her if he had gotten a flu shot yet. (here in MI, there is a shortage. So the high risk people are only allowed to get them. And by high risk, they mean babies 6 months to 23 months and senior citizens.) My FIL will be 70 years old, is on oxygen and can get sick very easily. And my MIL has NOT taken him to get a flu shot! I think her reasoning is that it costs too much money! At the most it costs about $17! There was a place not to far from where we live that was doing them for a new or gently used item to give to a homeless shelter!

Jana~ Well, he got the call this morning from them saying that they had to let him go due to poor work performance. He talked to the girl that called him to schedule an appointment with the Union Rep in the office, and she said that he had to go through the union office. Which is just that he is getting the run around again. He has to take his uniforms back other wise they will doc his pay. He earned a vacation time, two weeks, and they are not giving it to him! They are paying him for his personal day, but not his two weeks vacation that he earned! Yup I am a few days past when I was suppose to start. There is an office near us that does the WIC and all that. So Tommy is going to research into it tonight and then call them either tomorrow or Monday.

Marti~ Yup I have kept track of things. And to get even more into, if we did get pregnant, which it is looking like, then I will more then likely have a girl. Brandon was being stubborn until the u/s tech shook the heck out of my belly to wake him up. Then he opened his legs for us. I had a dream the night before that he was a boy and I could see all his parts out in the open, and I did. Let’s put it this way…..my cousin on Christmas Eve saw the u/s and said “great job Tommy! Man, is he hung!”

Cristi~ Thanks for the tidbits. I appreciate the prayers for us.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:47 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Susan - I bet Nana wants Rocky to be happy and will welcome your visit. How could she NOT like you?? Once she meets you, she'll know why he is so taken with you, hon. This is all getting to be so exciting!! Got the newsletters, and boy, you did a fantastic job!!!! I'm going to figure the points on the chowder recipe, because it sounds yummy.

Cristi - oops, you weren't supposed to see the other avatar, lol. I couldn't really tell what it looked like until it was there, and I didn't like it at all. But thanks for the kind words. I'd like to know more about the Choctaws! Neal and I help support an Indian reservation in Colorado, and I feel so badly about the way the Indians were/are treated! One of my assistants, when I worked outside the home, was a Blackfoot Indian, and she got a check every month from the tribe, which I think was cool. I sure hope your DS gets his truck. It will be nice for both of you, lol.

Mindee - since you asked, and speaking as a MIL myself, .... I'm thinking your MIL may not always mean things to be taken the wrong way and maybe you should give her the benefit of the doubt. If you look at things her way, and not take everything to heart and look for the good in her, everyone would be happier. She also needs to put some effort in understanding you - after all, when she belittles you, she's showing that she doesn't trust her own son's judgement in picking you for a spouse! Not good on her part!! She should trust Tommy's ability to find a good wife.... I get along well with Dale (SIL) and Gina (DS's S/O), but if I have a problem, we talk about it and get it resolved. Btw, unless FIL is mute, why hasn't he taken care of getting his flu shot himself? Even if he doesn't drive, I'm sure he knows someone else who does... maybe you could take him? So sorry about Tommy's job! Hope he finds something else real soon.

Hello to all the other Jaded Ladies and any lurkers.

Well, I guess you see I'm no longer "Jana". I got it changed since the original Jane hasn't been here for years. Also, got a ticker to help keep track of my weight loss in a fun way. Although I probably want to lose more than 100 pounds, I thought that would be a good start. Fun way, too.

BBL,
Old 10-22-2004, 10:15 AM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies--

Jane--I tried to get the tracker to work for me yesterday and I had a time with it! What did you do to get it to show? As for your name.....wonder if they could change mine to Marti?? I haven't seen any Marti's anywhere on this site.

Mindee--Well I hope you have your girl this time around. Please let us know if you are or not expecting. That is exciting news!

Susan--As of today----10 more days to go!! Are you packed yet? I think I would have been packed and ready to leave as soon as I hung up the phone!

Cristi--Oh my...please don't worry about me. What's going on is a good thing. Just have to make sure everything is squared away before I tell you all. I'm trying to work on getting healthier and I just need to finally DO IT! But you're a sweetie for worrying.....but please don't, I'm fine. This weekend JCPenny's is having a great sale! Did yours have one? Jhanai is really wanting a coat for Christmas (a real purdy one, not a practical one) and I thought I might go there and check out the sale tomorrow while she's at her Halloween party.

Morning to the rest of you ladies.

Well, I'll be working my shift after today. 6-2:30. Just when I finally felt comfortable w/all the people on days! I'm liking the job more and some of the things that go on w/in the company is nice. They encourage you to volunteer and get involved. I went on their Intranet site and there was this one subject that caught my eye...."No one dies alone" they need volunteers for people who are terminally ill and have no family to sit and be w/them until they die.....that broke my heart. So I went to check the list to see if anyone volunteered and had seen that it was full! So glad. I don't know how hard that would be for me to volunteer for something like that but I do know that I wouldn't want to die alone!

Well that was sad...I better get ready for work....I don't have to leave for another hour but I like to relax, read the paper and drink coffee before I go.

You all have a great Friday!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:16 AM   #8  
RosieKate

Okey doke - I'm trying out the Ticker factory - I just looks so cool!
Back later for individuals

I hope busy busy busy

Katy
Old 10-22-2004, 12:43 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Marti - PM Suzanne or Jennifer to see if they will change your name. There was a "Marti", but she hasn't checked in since March, 2001.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:45 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Good Morning-

lol..........love all your weight scale thingie!!! Totally jealous....so cute. Can I have one?? *waaaaaaaa

You got the newsletter Jane??? Content lacks but it is the clip art and column placement that I am sooooooo proud of....lol...only been tinkering with publisher since June,,,,,I have a cute calender for November.
Leaving our resident reminders in monthly......residents seem to like it.....lol

anyway....thanks

Not packed,.....I haven't had $$$ but I should get a check today and I get paid again in a week. Going to just buy some summer things. He dresses in shorts and t shirts most of the time....nothing fancy...
Though he says we can go to church in Kona...so I will probably need a cute skirt.
Nana,,,,,,,lol....she is a lovely lady. Portugues??? can't spell it......and part French.
It will be fine....hope to meet his brothers and his brother in law lives next door.....his father is on a different island and his mom and sisters are in California.....so.....maybe at the wedding......hehehe.....jk!!!

Though he was in tears last night when I shared my favorite scripture....the one on my signature,....."tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done"......he teared up and said he has been praying for a lady like me to come into his life.
He said he hadn't felt this much peace since his wife passed away. Which made me cry........ain't we a fun pair????

lol

gotta go!!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:03 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Just a quick Hi!

Had to jump on the band wagon with the weight tracker-love it! Now to jump on the band wagon and lose the weight! Anyway, spent so much time on that don't have time to post much. Have to go get V and then will be back at 4-I think-sometime tonight I will post I guess forgot we are going to the bank.

Take care ladies and hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-22-2004 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ I see that you are no longer “Jana.” BTW, thanks for the post card! Tommy saw it and goes “look it is me and you!” (when we were dating if we weren’t getting called Mork and Mindee, then we were getting called Mickey and Minnie) We even toyed with the idea of using Mickey and Minnie as our theme for our wedding. Thanks for the words about the situation. I will take them into heart and try to use them. Ok….now onto the issue of the flu shot. Turns out my GMIL hasn’t gotten one either. My FIL hasn’t gotten one yet because they only have one car. My MIL is due to retire in December, but has been on permanent layoff for about 2 weeks or so now. And she claims that getting him a flu shot is too much money, along with the waiting period. Brandon is going on Tuesday for his 6 month check up and I am just hoping that they have the flu shot for him!

On the job front, my BIL Rob, who works for Ford, and Tommy were talking earlier and Rob asked Tommy if he knew how to do programming. Tommy asked him what kind of programming and Rob said machines. So that is a possible job!

Marti~ Well, I took the test this morning and it was a negative. But I feel like crap! I ate a brownie and a glass of milk last night and I felt sick to my stomach. I ate egg salad for lunch and felt sick to my stomach. My back is hurting. So we shall see how things go from here!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:57 PM   #13  

Good Evening Girls!!

Decided to get on here while I have some down time during my baking spree here!!! Jane: Thanks for the postcard, that was thoughtful...

Cristi: Thank you for the Halloween Card as well, I havent gotten around to much lately, but I hope to get my christmas cards out to you all!!!!

Went back to the doc today, she said that I have whats called ENDOMETRIOMA, not the same as endometriosis, but basically means the very early beginning stages of it.. The doc explained that because my TOM'S are very heavy that the blood is backing up and bits are planting themselves around my ovaries!!! She wants me to try birth control for a month and then go have another vaginal scope done to see if there's any improvement, if it's not any better than she said I will probably have to go have the laproscopic procedure done where they go in and remove them ...... I asked if this was a nother fork in our fertility road and she said it shouldnt be a problem for me to have children now, but it could be if I wait til later on in life....SO MORE WAITING I GUESS!!!
I just started baking an hour ago for the big shower tomorrow night, they offered to help, but I figured it would just aggravate me having more people in the kitchen, so Im just working at my own pace right now!! Doing some tonight and then I'll finish up tomorrow throughout the day!!!

Hope all is well with you all,

Mindee: I was reading about the whole MIL thing, I see how that can be a problem, in my opinion shes pretty selfish to not spend 17.00 on preventing something that could be a major sickness for your FIL!!! $17 is cheap , compared to what it could be if he doesnt have the shot!!!

Hello, to Jen, Jane, Marti, Shanna, Kathy, Sue, Angie, Cristi, Susan, RosieKate,and anyone else I may have forgotten

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Talking Hi Ladies~

Jane~yeppers, I got a peek at the avatar before you took it away. I thought it was nice. not sure I could tell you much about the Choctaw but ask away and I will try to answer. Ex-MIL, (I guess when you are widowed and remarried they are exes even though I am still in contact with them ???) she used to get a check but it was because she had some property in OK that the government was drilling on. Anyway, the kids have a card CDIB I think it is called, Certificate Degree Indian Blood or something like that. It tells the degree of Choctaw they are even though it is not correct as they are going by EX-MIL's family and since she was adopted by white people it is not correct. She is full blooded and her ex (ex-FIL) is half. His mom was white and his dad was full.

Mindee~I agree with Julie about FIL & MIL. $17 seems cheap compared to the costs it will be should FIL actually get the flu and it does seem selfish of her. I know the lines here are very long and they are running out before everyone gets the shot but they have been doing it daily at different grocery stores so that hopefully everyone that needs the shot will get one. I have never had one even when I could get the free working at the hospital. DS got one one time and got the flu so never got another.

Marti~well I am glad that there is nothing serious wrong-you had me worried. At least now you are on a regular schedule with your job. And I am sure in no time you will be comfortable with the others on this shift. I would enjoy volunteering but not sure I could sit with someone till they die. It is sad but I don't think I could handle it. Yeah, this JC Penney was having a big sale. DD and I looked around a little and of course after picking up the order at the catalog desk we did buy a sweat shirt and that was it. Didn't really see anything I NEEDED. But then I never really need anything. I would like to get a new coat also but again I don't need one. I am trying to focus on Christmas but it's not working! LOL

Julie~you are welcome for the card. I had them sitting on the counter for a while and then realized the other day that it was the 20th already and thought I better get them done and sent! I do hope everything goes well with you.

Susan~I finally got to your newsletters yesterday while waiting for V. Very good job girly! Have to agree with Jane about the clam chowder-it sounds so very delicious! I am definitely going to try that. You and Rocky sound like you will make a great couple! And I know you are going to have the bestest time in HI! You too are welcome for the card.

We didn't get the loan at our bank for the truck for DS#2 which kind of p's me off. Last week the girl told him that they could only go this amount because of the mileage on that truck. So he tried to find another and did. Yesterday, she changed her story and said they can't loan us (we are co-signing since he has no credit) anything because they want a truck/car that has less than 100,000 miles on it which is hard to find on an older truck and he doesn't want a huge payment or a newer truck. Anyway, so we go to a different bank today when V got home and in 20 mns. she approved the loan-now what the heck is up with that? So next week we are closing our accounts at that bank and I hope they ask why we are closing the accounts. Anyway...he will get his truck tomorrow. Today DS#1 and I went to lunch-he has been taking me to lunch almost every week and then we go shopping. Nothing big, usually to the bookstore like today. Of course he was shopping not me but I did end up buying a box of Christmas cards! LOL Like I need Christmas cards! The joke around here is I have enough to last till 2010! I don't really but they like to joke with me about it. I am as bad at buying Christmas cards as address labels! Wonder if they have a card and label anonymous-Hi I am Cristina and am addicted to buying Christmas cards and address labels...LOL just blabbing away. Anyway...

Hope everyone is fine and had a wonderful day! See ya
Old 10-22-2004, 10:34 PM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

A quick hello to all.....I'm in the process of trying to come up w/an idea for dinner.....spaghetti maybe????

Susan---to join the ticker parade we got going on here......just go to the Tickerfactory and play around. It's free! And make sure you put your Starting weight and current...you've lost so much!

Everyone else...sorry I'm not doing individuals, just wanted to pop in and say that I did check out the convention poll and posted. It would be fun. Who knows if I were able to go or not, but it would be fun anyway!

I will pop in tomorrow when I have more time....off to make some dinner!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote