Old 10-22-2004, 08:18 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Formerly Stay At Home Moms) #273

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:25 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Happy Friday

Morning ladies. I was glad to see our thread back to the old ways yesterday. Of course over the weekend they're always slow.

Hope everyone had a good night. Mine was okay, I think Andrew only woke up once or twice, weird I can't exactly remember. Getting him to sleep at night is what has been so tricky.

Kathy, I'm not only an evening snacker but when I'm trying to get OP, I could skip every meal and snack my way through the day. First of all, don't buy the stuff that tempts you. I know it's hard with kids. But I used to only buy my dh Neapolitan Ice Cream, his favorite, I can't stand it so it never tempted me. I buy only the hostess cup cakes because I HATE them. Now that I'm preggo, of course I snack but that's the first thing. Buy small single cups of ice cream or sherbet and enjoy that or Weight Watchers makes GREAT desserts in small portions, try those. Drink lots of water, it helps to keep you full. Hope some of this helps.

Jill, you're right, today is a new day everyone can get back on track.

Spryng, where are you girl?

Hi Jaymi, Mel, Michelle, Penny, Cindi, Deana, Angel, Chris, Amy and all you other desperate housewives.

Geri, sorry things are going tough right now. Today is a new day, make it a great day.

Well, today I've got to clean mom's house and that's it. Dh is going to set stakes and string and show exactly where the house will be, that's exciting. Tomorrow he'll start digging and either tomorrow or Sunday I'll go to sis's and see the new baby. Monday we're back on track with school and everything else. So sometime this weekend, I want to start getting some good plans laid out.
All three kids up at 700 again this morning, I hate not getting up before them. Anyways, hope you all have a great day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:32 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies,

Geeessshhh!! You sure are chatting ladies

Ok, Today is a NEW DAY for all of us!!!!!

I didn't do tooo terrible yesterday. But I am up a 1/2 pound this week. I was upset this morning but hopefully it will pass....

Ok Ladies..... HERE IS SOME GOOD PLAN VIBES

I want us all to have a wonderful on plan day!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:57 AM   #4  
2BoysMom

Thanks all for the encouragement...I feel like I've been hugged...same back at you!!
BTW...I'm loving working...but thank goodness it's only 3 days a week! LOL
I too love the new name of Desparate Housewives as it is soooo fitting. Even though I'm working part time I'm still primary care giver to the boys, chief cook & bottle washer, grocery shopper, misc shopper, most yard work doer, etc. That's just life!
Jill, congrats on fitting into your old clothes!!

OK, must start working now!

TTYL ...

HAVE A GREAT DAY
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well, I just did my WI and I'm down 1/2 lb! 121.5 now. Which is so weird because I haven't really been motivated to lose weight lately, I've been having more off plan days than on so how did this happen??? Confuses me to say the least but I'll take it! Maybe my metabolism has finally come back into the normal range or something. Who knows.
Anyway, agenda for today is to go grocery shopping sometime today. I have my list and my menus for next week all wrote out so now I just need to get everything. Dh may come home tonight, not sure yet. But if not tonight than definitely tomorrow. We were thinking about taking the kids to see Shark Tale tomorrow. Anyone seen this yet? Looks cute. Doing very well at the box office so it must be pretty good, lol. SIL is suppose to come over today and help me rearrange my living room but I still haven't deep cleaned it yet so maybe I'll wait.. don't know yet. FIL got to go home last night. They removed the gas behind his eye and they said that pressure along with the anti-nausea medicine they had him on is what was causing him to hallucinate. He was really bad yesterday and had me in tears. He couldn't even use the bathroom by himself and he was talking about strange things. Breaks my heart. I haven't heard anything yet today but I'm hoping he is back to normal. He should be once the meds is out of his system and if he isn't I would rush him back to the ER. So I'll find out later this morning.
Didn't do much last night. Watched Survivor, Life as we know it, and that primetime sex poll, which was interesting to say the least. Anyone else watch it? It was funny to see where me and dh fit in, lol. We laughed about it.

I think someone asked who will be watching the kids when (if) I go to work. My SIL volunteered to watch them for a low price each week. And she will watch them at my house so the kids aren't thrown out of their enviroment too much, you know? I know this will be a huge change for them so I want to make it as smooth as possible. The only thing I am really worried about is the flu and such because they (my in-laws) get sick so many times per year and during training I cannot miss a day of work so what do I do if she gets the flu??? I have no back up plan and that scares me. Daycare costs WAY too much for 3 kids so that is out. So I'm still worried about all that.

Penny, I think you are right, this next week will be great for all of us. We just need a plan and stick with it. This next week will be a challenge for me too since dh will be home more. I will definitely be sticking to my menus or else I will fail I know.

Crystal, how is your sis and the new baby doing? Does she get alot of help?

Kathy, evening snacking is hard for everyone I think. The only thing I could suggest is this, brush your teeth after dinner. That can make you not want to eat because you'd get rid of that newly clean fresh feeling from your mouth. Another thing I would suggest is to take up a hobby that keeps your hands busy. I crochet and do the majority of it in the evening. It keeps my hands busy while I'm lounging on the couch thinking of potato chips, lol. But if you absolutely can't stop evening eating then make wise choices. Have some 94% ff popcorn... it is very low in cals and you can eat alot of it. (I've eaten a whole bag at times and it didn't hurt me at all) anyway, HTH!

Jill, I think I am bored too. Not really bored of my food because I try new things all the time but bored in general, in life, you know? I'm so close to my personal goal weight that you would think it would spur me on to just finish but instead it does the opposite, it makes me not care when I get there because I know I will eventually. Maybe I'm afraid of maintaining. All I know is how to lose weight, maintaining that weight does scare me. Enjoy the gym today!

Michelle, how are you feeling today? Was work hard last night with being sick? Take a day off so you can feel better ok? Who cares if they have someone to cover you or not, you are more important than that job ok?

Geri, I know you said you got your dr.phil book back, are you re-reading it? I hope you can get remotivated. It's hard I know. But we are here for you! And yes I have angels as kids, LOL!!! NOT! Believe me I have world war 3 with Bubba almost everyday. He is my monster so don't feel alone, lol.

Angel, stepchildren are hard. Blended families are hard so I admire you for really trying with her. Hang in there! Consistancy is the key and she will learn eventually that you are doing it for her benefit and you really love her. I was a step daughter and I remember how is felt to compete with my half sister. It's hard. But hang in there!

Jaymi, how are you today?

Deana, I hope you didn't feel guilty for long about your dinner last night. Sounds like you still came in under target for the day.

Kristin, I'm so glad you are going to get back in to see your doc monday! What does she plan on doing? The blood test and sono?? I hope so. Keep me updated!

Leigh, did Liam open presents last night? How are you enjoying all your family?

Cindi, hope today is a good one for you! You'll probably be grocery shopping like me today huh? Have fun!

OK, I think I am caught up. I need to get off here and get around. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:55 AM   #6  
Hip & fit but... chubby

Hello ladies!

I haven't been having trouble on my plan the last few days, but I have had major trouble with my period... I'll skip the descriptions not to gross anyone out

Hopefully it will be totally over today so tomorrow I can go back to the gym and feel better! Also, today I need to get the whole hose spick-spanned because tomorrow we have visitors coming and since it's a Swiss custom to show the whole house...

Ok, I'd better go get started... I've only loeaded the dishwasher and started cleaning the kitchen so far and it's already almost 4pm here!

Have a nice day everyone!
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:18 AM   #7  
mama of 4little Angels

Smile morning ladies

Spryng-Just wondering,since you were a stepchild.Did you ever feel leftout?Because I think thats what my daughter feels like.I'm doing everything I know how to do not to make her feel that way.I give her extra attention the other kids don't mind it.I think they actually understand it in a way.Thanks for the support.

Well Ladies-My day is going to be fun.I get to take 2 of my kids shopping for bikes because they made staight A's on their report cards.I've got to get some halloween stuff.We are just going to be creative and use things around the house for costumes.I'm not buying them this year.I think it's to much money for one day because anything I buy for holidays times it by 4.It can get exspensive as some of you already know.

I get to go get my meds for my thyroid this morning.I hope it will work for me.
Well i'm going to hop off here for now I'll check back in this evening.
Everyone have a wonderful day and stay OP
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:36 AM   #8  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Angel

I am hypothyroid, too. So I know where you are coming from!

Did they tell you that it will take a few weeks to start seeing any difference? Just thought you'd want to know so that you won't be disappointed.

I am cleaning like crazy! Be back later!

Love to all!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:37 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all you desperate people...

Hey Elisa and Kathy...nice to meet you!

Angel-My daughter often feels left out or on the bottom of the food chain here...so to speak. It's hard to say, but I know for a fact the my DH treats her different because she's not his. His mom has even said the same things to me. She says that the DH is really hard on Tiana. I hate it, but then he gets upset and says I'm always siding with her. I guess I have a hard time because I grew up as a stepchild too. My stepfather wasn't the nicest man on earth. I see some of the same reactions in my daughter and it's like I'm transported back in time and it brings about some old hurt for me even. I have no advice...I just know how hard it is.

Kathy, I used to be a late night snacker. I'm with Spryng-keep your hands busy. If you absolutely have to snack, find something like popcorn or I even much on celery. Of course for those very very bad night, lik right before TOM, when I'm craving sugar, I'll have a fruit bar from Schwan's... I have pretty much given up on chocolate.

Crystal-Glad Andrew wasn't up to much for you last night. How is he feeling anyhow? If he's able to sleep better, I'd imagine he is feeling much better.

Michelle-Are you feeling under the weather? Sleep in today and take it easy. It was soo strange here last night. THe temp. was in the 30's and we had lightning. Do you still have snow up your way? They're saying we might get some tonight.

Penny-HI MOM! How's your day going? Hope your family isn't feeling under the weather? Don't let that 1/2 lb. bug you. Just keep on! I know you will. You have it more together than I do.

Jaymi-Are you OP today? Make good food choices and even if you slip alittle, pick it back up and put the slip behind you.

Hey Deana, Geri, Leigh, Jill, Kristin, Melissa, and the rest of you...I have to get ready for the pumpkin hunting so I'll check back later with all of you. Have a good day and virtual hugs to all...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:02 AM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

Chris: Go find that pumpkin today!!! Keeping my

Spryng: I obviouisly didn't feel too guilty about supper last night, I ate it knowing I could have chosen better that late at night. But it will be gone by next WI. So glad to hear fil is doing better!

Crystal: Seeing the outline of the house will put alot into perspective as far as size. Glad you had a good night.

Kathy: For evening snacking, I don't have anything after 8:00. If I absolutely have to have something, the 100 calorie packs are great or a few crackers with a bottle of water will really fill you up. I eat triscuits or wheatables. You can give it up it just takes some getting used to. Good luck!

Penny: That 1/2 pound HAS to be muscle. You just started the gym recently so it may take a few weeks to see more of a loss because you are building muscle. Keep it up and you'll see loss soon. When do you leave for your trip?

Geri: It will get better!

Elisa: TOM is a cold, heartless witch. I know, mine came on our Anniversary this past Sunday and dh left on Wednesday for a few days.....ugghhhh!!! Oh well, he'll be home Sunday afternoon... . Have a good visit with your company.

Angel: My boys are all stepchildren for dh and Abby is his. I see him show her favortism but it's normal. She is his only child as well and such a daddy's girl. He is harder on the boys sometimes but we agree that he just wants to see them make something of themselves and that requires discipline. I'm a softy most of the time but I can be hard on them too. And for the most part they are good kids they just get a little rowdy now and then. Just keep working with her and she will come out of it eventually. She will start seeing what she's missing and realize what she needs to do to join in the family times. I know it may sounds a little cruel, but plan a family evening at home, popcorn, games, crafts etc. and make her stay in her room but make sure she can hear all of you and that should have a good impact on her. She will realize she is missing out on the fun. Just a thought. Good luck.

Cindi: Hope you get your card today.

Jaymi: How are you today?

Jill: How was class last night? WTG~~~ WOOHOO on the clothes!

Michelle: Hope you're feeling better today. Do you work tonight too?

Hello to everyone else out there.

Not much planned today. Abby has preschool and I need to clean house . Abby just got up at 9:45 . She hardly ever sleeps past about 8:30. I told her she should have just stayed in bed til lunch, it's close enough anyway .

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:07 AM   #11  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Yay!!!

I am down 4.5 pounds! Don't really know how!! But I will take it!!yipppeeeee!!!

Back in a few, just wanted to post before I forget!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:16 AM   #12  

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, my weigh in was the same, but I know I have gained muscle. I wasn't in the mood to go to the gym, but I pushed myself through it and guess what??? I had the best cardio workout this week!! I burned 480 calories in 35minutes! whoooohoooo! I was sweatin' my butt off. I hope I was anyway. lol

Deana, I don't have a scanner right now. I did read the coupon carefully, and it says OR exchange for membership discount. Which is probably the initiation fee. LMK if you want me to send it to you.

My biggest time for feeling hungry is around 4p.m not at night. I have been eating my dinner about 430, without dh, because that's when I'm hungry and I don't want to snack and then eat dinner too. It's really been working for me. I haven't been hungry at night.

Hello everyone else. Don't have time to get personal with ya all, but have a GREAT DAY OP.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:20 AM   #13  

Cindi. WTG.....I bet you are thrilled.....CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:52 AM   #14  
soontobethin

Good morning.
The Cardinals won last night, so I won't be cheering on the Red Sox.
Spryng, we have been told when someone comes in for a perm and they want color, they have to wait two weeks. Too much chemical can make your hair fall out.
Someone asked me about what I am doing after school. I think I will be working full time. Both my boys will be in school by then, so I can work during the day.
Not much going on here today. Its cloudy and foggy. Went to wal mart after I dropped Eric off at shcool, so that's done for the week. i need to go finish crocheting a baby blanket for a girl at school. have a good weekend everyone.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:17 PM   #15  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Cindi: WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! WTG GIRL!!! Whatever it was it worked.

Mel: WTG CARDIO!!! Sent you an IM about the coupon, TY TY TY.

Rici: Hope you're having a great day.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote