Old 10-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM's #270 Tuesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:26 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Tuesday

Good morning ladies. I'm finally back in the groove of things, I think. I got about 6 hours of sleep and won't get a nap today, but that's okay.
Andrew's appt is at 1000 and mine is at 200 and when I get back in town, I'll need to go buy groceries, so I'm gonna be one busy mama today. Hope all of you slept well and had a great day yesterday and have even a better day today.

Chris, thanks for sharing that about your daughter on singulair. How old is she? When did she start taking it? I will share that with Andrew's doc today and hope he decided to try it.

Penny, glad you were able to get around here yesterday. Have a great day.

Jill, hope school is going well and hope you get some time to hang out here for a bit.

Michelle, didn't you start school yesterday? How was it?

Mel, hope you had a good nights sleep, let us know.

Cindi, maybe bible study helped you and hope you had a good night. Maybe you'll get what you need today. Just remember, someone else always has it worse. I know you know that, but you are blessed to have a home and a family and God that loves you.

Spryng, I would love to talk anytime. I am a Christian and not that I push that onto anyone but I can't leave that out when I'm talking with someone that is having problems. I know how I would deal with certain or all issues and that's what I would tell others. It is God that has given me everything I have and continues to bless me. Even when I think I don't have enough or I've hit rock bottom and don't know what to do, it's always God that pulls me through and my faith. Not that I would push you to believe the same but it doesn't change the fact that I do. I would still love to chat anytime.

Hello to Jaymi, Geri, Ricci, Amy, Deana and all you other stay at home mom's. Hope you all have a GREAT day.

We have fallen out of the QOTD and I forget on Sundays that it's mine. Here's one and you only have to answer if you want to...QOTD: Who will you vote for on Nov. 2nd? You don't have to discuss why and don't even have to answer but we are just friends so it's okay to agree to disagree, that's what makes friends, we don't have to agree on every issue of life.
Answer: Bush, Bush, Bush all the way. No doubt about it. I'm not real big into politics, I just have certain issues that are important to me that I focus on. Bush shares my morals and values

Okay, I've got some research to do on the net. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:08 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies,

Crystal,
I can't wait for your appt today! WOOHOO!!! And please let us know how Andrew's goes.

I have to go get my driver's license renewed today. My bday is when we are in Vegas next week so I gotta get it done. Then I am gonna hit the gym. Either I am gonna go find me some jeans after that or get my hair done. Which both needs to be done before we leave...

Ok enough babbling.. I gotta get this house up and out the door! I promise to get personal later on today

I am thinking of you all!Have a wonderful day!

Deana,
I wanna know about that weigh in!!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:38 AM   #4  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning!

Crystal-Tiana has been on Singular since she was 7. It works wonders on her.

I am soooo late. Nicole went to bed late and woke up at 4 this morning...She wanted to get up and threw herself around and cried until 5:30. She finally went to sleep and so did I. I shut the alarm off and just woke up. I have a half hour to get the kids out the door. Not a good way to start the day.

QOTD: I'm voting for Bush! Even though he is getting ridiculed for his stance on things, he isn't backing down from what he believes is right. I'm with you Crystal. He has pretty much the same morals and values that I was raised with. There is just something about Kerry that I just don't like. I wasn't very impressed by him in his debates.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm going to do some housework and at 10 am our video rental place opens and I'm going to see what comes out today and go get some milk. But for the most part I'll be home. Not sure what is for dinner tonight. I'll have to look at my menu for the week and pick something. Maybe pork tenderloin or something like that.

Crystal, I am so excited about your appointment! Are you still having girl vibes or does it change?

Penny, so you get a new liscense picture? That is great! I hate mine, of course it was taken when I was pretty heavy and my face was so heavy and then you see my bank of america picture on my debit card and I look like I'm starving to death,lol. I just don't photograph well. But have fun!

Michelle, congrats on the new laptop!! What kind is it?

Chris, congrats on the 2#'s gone! That is great!

Leigh, so glad you liked desperate housewives! Do you watch survivor too? how about Lost? I got dh's entire family hooked on that one and now I have to tape it every wednesday for them, lol. but I don't mind. I think it's a great show. And thanks for your kind words. I hope I get that job too and yes it is a spiritual crisis, lol. I just don't know where to go next. I feel like I have been stuck for the past 2-3 years and I want to change but dh doesn't and that makes it hard. I worry that if I give up my religion is may be the beginning of the end of our marriage and I don't want that, you know? So I'm so torn about it all but my heart is just not in this religion anymore and hasn't been for such a long time. It's so difficult to explain. Great job on your steps today! Was it hard to get in 10,000?

Mel, thanks also for understanding. I know I don't have to make a descision right now but I'm feeling like it is time to do it. I've been on the fence for years now and I need to know where to go next. If it's within my own religion than I need to throw myself back into it wholeheartedly and if it's not then I need to get out and move on. But thanks so much for caring about me!

Cindi, how are you doing today? Better I hope. You deserve a great day!

Crystal, thanks so much for your kind words too and I appreciate your support. Hope you guys are able to get started on that house soon!

Ok, QOTD for sunday-- I don't vote but I did watch two of the 3 debates and I found both of them to have vaild points and also both of them contradicted themselves alot. Kerry said alot of things I thought were good and had the same sentiments I did about the war and such but then he'd go right back saying things that contradicted it. But it doesn't really matter since I don't vote, lol. I think the election will be really close so it's very interesting to watch I think. Let's just hope there isn't any recounts this time, lol.

My QOTD is today so let me thinkg: Is your husband the "type" of guy you were into in highschool? I always thought this was interesting. Joe (my dh) is a complete opposite of what I thought was HOT in school, lol. I liked the bad boys with the cars and the attitude, and if they had long hair I was hooked, lol. I hated jocks and such. I also was a little turned off by a heavy set guy so it was a shock to me when I began to like my dh. He was very smart, thinning on the top (at 19 years old, lol) and over weight. But he was so cute! Very funny and soooo sensitive. I know now that those other guys in school were not marriage material and my dh has been waiting for marriage his whole life, lol. I think I got a great one! And it's funny because a few years after highschool was over I'd see those other guys in town and they turned into druggies or looked really bad or was bagging groceries at the local store and here was my man a hardworker, nice dresser, etc and still had all those qualities that made me fall in love with him to begin with. I feel so blessed!

Well I better get off here. It's taken me forever to write this because I had to make the kids breakfast and such so I'm sure a few of you snuck in on me, lol. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hey I just saw on NBC tonight that show "the biggest loser" premieres, anyone going to watch it? It's about overweight contestants and who ever loses the most weight wins... sounds interesting! Just thought I'd share, lol.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:58 AM   #7  
soontobethin

Good morning.
First, QOTD: I am voting for Bush. I agree, the first time I saw Kerry, there was something about him I didn't like. Can't quite put my finger on it, but even before he opened his mouth I didn't like him. And don't get me started on his wife.
Anyway, Hi. I started working on real people's hair last week. It is so much different than our manequins. I also lost another pound last week. I am now 5 away from my goal. I have been working out again, so hopefully that will help me.
Spryng, sorry you are having that problem. If you want to talk, IM me. I should give you my phone number. Cindi, I hope things get better for you too. Crystal, sorry about Andrew. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. Hi to Geri, Leigh,Deana,Kristin,Jill,Melinda,Michelle, and everyone I missed. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:23 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

Next QOTD...My DH is nothing like what I went out with in school. In high school, I dated the smoking, rough, trouble-making type. The sick thing is that most of them were my older brother's friends too. My first hubby was my brother's best friend. They grew up together. But as the years went by, he started drinking and cheating and drinking and...etc. We were divorced in 1997, the same year he got married to his 2nd wife. Needless to say, he is on wife #3. My DH now is a very loveable guy. He actually was my friend for 7 years before we started our short dating period. He is so the opposite of everyone I have ever dated. He even was fixing up a rental place for me to live in after my divorce so I'd have a place to stay...of course I got into it with my stepdad and got kicked out of their house a little early for that, so he let me stay with him. Tiana and I lived with him, but we had our own room and he had his. He doesn't smoke, or drink, hates cussing. He makes sure I know that he loves me. I could go on and on... As an added bonus, I feel real comfortable with his family.

Okay, that was a long answer! Spryng, I have a question for you. I was reading through the recipes on the MLW site. I know you can get polenta in the store but Can you tell me where they usually have it? Help. I want to try it.

~chris
Old 10-19-2004, 11:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello Girls!!

Spryng I got an HP pavilion ze4800 which is really awesome not top of the line but it's got some really great features and I loaded up my sims2 on it last night and laid in bed and played. lol lazy buns over here.

Penny I want to see pics of your hair when its done!! You are going to have so much fun on your trip!!

now on QOTD its not something I am very comfortable answering, because I don't like political debates but, I feel this election is so different than those of the past, I'm with Ricci though, there is something that I can't put my finger on that I really dislike about Kerry. I mean I loathe the guy, and personally I don't see what is so wrong about the way that president bush went in and "took care" of business. I mean he removed Saddam from power how is that not good? Okay now all that being said I just want to remind you that this is just my opinion and this is all I'm going to say on the issue of my political beliefs.

Now I need to take a nap today I got like zero sleep last night the dogs wouldn't settle down and neither would Taylor.

So I'm off to take a bitty nap now that dh is home! I will TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:57 AM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!!!

I don't have time to get personal right now. Just thought I would pop in and post my WI......another .5 gone, even with tom here . Oh well, next week is another WI. Should be a good one again.

Dh and I are getting ready to head out the door. We have to go to the bank to get his cash to take with him, then by Walmart for a couple things and we're going out for lunch for a late anniversary celebration. Not sure where we're going yet but I decided this morning that since WI was today and our anniversary is only once a year that I'm going to eat whatever sounds good, not count the calories. Just for lunch though. I have all week to work it off. But I will still drink my water.

Well looks like he's ready to go.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:05 PM   #11  
2BoysMom

Good morning!

Michelle...I agree about talking politics...but, oh sister of mine I so agree with your opinion too! I am definitely NOT voting for Kerry.

Ricci on the not getting started on his wife! Hi by the way...you sound like you're doing great! Congrats.

Spryng...get out and VOTE girl! It doesn't matter who you choose... just do it!! Glad you're doing a bit better today. Can't help you on the religion thing but am always here to lend an ear...you have my number! I was raised Catholic but have a lot of issues with the church. I did have both boys baptised but don't take them to church...mostly because I don't want to deal with them there. There is a crying room, but they would just play there. I do think they need exposure to religion and can make their own choice when they're older as to what church they want to attend (much older I mean ). There are several non-denominational churches in our area...just haven't checked any out yet. Do you really think that your choice of religion could be the beginning of the end of your marriage? My dh & are were raised differently and we respect each other's wishes in that respect.

Chris..sounds like you found a really great guy! Sorry you had to go through the bad experience first! Congrats on the loss btw.

Penny..have fun getting your dl pic taken...always a pleasure....NOT!! I am excited for you to go on your trip too. How is everyone feeling today?

Crystal...how's Andrew doing? Can't wait to hear about your sono today....remember...Andrew needs a brother I'm a little partial to boys...can you tell???????

Leigh...excellent job on the steps yesterday! I've always wondered how many I walk but never got around to getting a pedometer.

I did great on the water and exercise yesterday. 80 oz and my 3 mile walk and also mopped the kitchen floor twice because I started with the swiffer wet jet but all it was doing was pushing the dirt around so I re-mopped with my sponge mop...it was really dirty . Did really great on the eating until about 9pm when I got into the graham sticks...oh well...today's another day!

Tonight is girl's dinner...I WILL pick something healthy from the menu!

I have to run...Will wants to play his Barney games and he's getting into all kinds of things while he waits. Hi to everyone else. I'll probably be back later as it is cold and damp and crappy out again today...no snow yet though...YUK Michelle!

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:09 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

BTW I am so mad! The first pumpkin was found. We were in the right spot....dang it! I guess maybe looking in the daytime would have been a better option.

Pumpkin #2 is out there now. Maybe....just maybe...it'll be ours!

~chris
Old 10-19-2004, 01:16 PM   #13  

Hey all!

Deana, congrats on the .5 down ....WTG!!!!

Crystal, hope andrews appt goes well. I did have a wonderful night sleep. I put Bugga to bed at 9 and he slept through till 815 .....It's probably a fluke, but I'll take what I can get.

Spryng, anytime girl! I know we are here to talk about our battles with losing weight, but other battles are part of the package. Stress does add to the eating and not exercising. Anytime, you want to chat, LMK. Oh yes, I saw the commercials for The Biggest Loser. Should be interesting.

Penny, hey girlie. Don't worry about that scale. You know you are doing the right thing, so the scale will move. Our problem is that we keep peaking and we shouldn't. Especially with doing weight training activity. It builds muscle.

Hey Chris, Michelle and Ricci.

Hey Geri, how is your little guy today? Is the rash gone? Hope he's feeling better.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:22 PM   #14  

Oh yes, QOTD. I don't speak about politics, not even with my family. Some people are so touchy about it. I will say that I haven't made up my mind and usually don't until the days or day before the election. Sometimes, things happen at the last minute that makes you change your mind. SOmetimes, you can change you mind over and over again if you really listen to them. So many polititions are full of it and you won't know if they will do what they say until they are elected. Personally, I think it's a matter a the views you hold close to your heart that makes your decision. If they say they are going to fix something that you think needs fixing, then you pick that one. Anyway, enough about my so called political veiws.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:30 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi :)

Good afternoon! Today is sooooo busy. We have 300 million family members descending for Liam's First Birthday. So, today was Liam's one year check up (30 inches long, 21 lbs, 15 oz). Everything doing fine - now we begin switching him to whole milk instead of formula! Do ya mean I might save some money here???? LOL.

Chris- on the loss!

Michelle- don't you love the freedom of a laptop? Did you get some sleep in?

Penny- hope your connection gets better soon So did you end up with jeans or the hair styling?

Crystal- How were the 2 appointments?

Spryng- I haven't watched Lost, but my mother keeps raving about it, so I may start that too . . . I feel like all I do is watch TV LOL. I can't get into survivor, but my MIL would love it if I did. As for spirituality, would DH be very hurt if the two of you had different spiritual beliefs/paths? Like my in-laws - FIL is religious, goes to church all the time, is very active in the church, etc. but MIL is agnostic. That's how DH grew up LOL. I was raised Jewish - though my parents were not religious AT ALL, but my grandparents were. But now I'm actually considering trying some various churches to see what I like. DH asked me, "What about synagogues?" but . . . it's so hard for me to explain it, but I am not spiritually fulfilled by Judaism. I know plenty of people are, and that's wonderful for them, but something just has never completely clicked for me. Okay, now I'm rambling! Sorry.

Ricci- how exciting that you're working on actual hair!

Deana- on your loss

Geri- great job on the workouts, etc!!! You're doing so well

Hi, Melissa!!!

Sunday QOTD: Well, I'm completely uninspired by both candidates, but will probably vote for Kerry. I think I'm a libertarian and lean slightly left, so neither candidate is ideal for me.

QOTD: DH is much better than any of the guys I was ever into! LOL. Seriously, though . . . I was very into the long-haired "artist" type. DH is much more conservative and clean-cut looks-wise than I used to go for as a teen, but he's much better looking than anyone I dated previously :; While DH can be more conservative than me, he IS extremely creative, wonderfully talented with a camera, a good writer . . . so in those ways he's what I always pictured. And what I mainly fell in love with is his heart- he's a wonderful human being with a great heart, morals and ethics.

Okay, I really have to get some cleaning done before the first guests arrive tonight . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote