Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 02:18 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Cow Talk with Hick and Hack

I'm tired of seeing Udder every day.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:38 PM   #2  

Default Udder is gross but Hick and Hack are OK?

Ohhhhhh, you must be thinking about Car Talk with Click and Clack..... NOW I get it!

Here's a close up of the scarf I mentioned last night... if the loader will manage, I'll load a photo of the whole thing as well. It is extremely THICK, and doesn't drape.....

What do you think would be a similarly wild color combo in the blue/purple family? I HAVE TOO MANY THINGS I WANT TO DO ALL AT THE SAME TIME. They require hand/eye coordination and concentration. You can't multi task when it involves writing a book, knitting, reading a book and taking a nap.

Maybe I'll just opt for the nap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wild Pink Scarf0002ss.jpg (16.1 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:57 AM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi Pie, thank you for the title!!! I have been so depressed and anxious about everything and YOU MADE ME LAUGHHHHH!! I love the Tappet Bubbas.

I have a friend who FOR THE SECOND TIME has sent me a @#$@! urban legend about Kerry saying John 16:3 is his favorite verse when he meant 3:16 and NO ONE IS HIS "CAMP" knew he was wrong. Mostly, this story is told about Bush but she misses that. I am just fed up with everything.

Grrr

p.s. EXCITING NEWS... if you do a google search on "like I dunno" but don't use quotes around it, DS's website come up first!!! Woo hoooo

Last edited by Cowpernia; 10-18-2004 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:16 AM   #4  

cowie-- I see that you are using one of ds's avatars as yours? He's put a LOT of effort and writing into the site. I love when kids work and are creative...... Sorry you are depressed and anxious.... when I put "like I dunno" in WITH the quotes, I found a self help site on anxiety and depression... coincidence? you decide.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:50 PM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

I should point out that if you search Hillary Duff and Bat Boy at the same time, you also get ...
Old 10-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
Here's a close up of the scarf I mentioned last night
Oo, I was in a hurry reading messages today and I read that as "close up of the scar" and glanced at the thumbnail pics. You don't want to see what was in my mind.

Hee hee Cowp good surfing for later... Gotta run now. DD gets real anxious if I don't get driving on time (guitar lesson day)

Kiwi
Old 10-18-2004, 03:40 PM   #7  

nope. No "scar" closeups!
Thanks to the boys for keeping me slighly more up to date on pop culture.... I'm still embarrased that my kids went to the same high school as Jessica Simpson.. (though SHE'd dropped out to move to H*wood.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:16 PM   #8  
fatter than U

Talking like I dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
I'm still embarrased that my kids went to the same high school as Jessica Simpson...
Hey, Pamela Anderson is Canadian. How do you think that makes ME feel?

I'm in luuuurve with the scarf. Very pretty. Purple/blue or turquoise/green would be lovely too, I think.

That boy is just so clever, Peachy!!! I think I'll stay up all night reading. What can we do to ease your anxiety?

I am in full PMS mode and thus up to my ears in white toast with butter. It just won't leave me alone. AND I woke up this morning looking tired so I slapped on a bunch of make-up that only served to make me look like an aging trollop. So there.

Go watch the funny election videos at jibjab.com. Very entertaining.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:43 PM   #9  

An aging trollop??? Sugar, you could never.

I woke up at 3 am Saturday morning w/ thoughts of my runaway weight gain and I decided that I would put myself on Dr. Phil's "project status". Even though he really drives me crazy. I went to WW's. It wasn't as bad as I thought and now I'm doing the new program called The Core Program, which consists of mainly eating whole foods. As much fruit and veggies as you wish, lean meat, non fat dairy, etc. You're supposed to focus on achieving a satisfied, but not over full sensation. And exercising. What the h*ll, I'll give it a try. I don't feel like counting points right now. Prepare to be bored by my weight loss adventures. I weighed in at 158.4. eep. Up 15.4 pounds. You'd think I'd learn.

Painty, beautiful scarf. It looks so soft.

I can't even fathom stores being closed on Sunday. We northerners really are heathens.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:59 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhh-----------i LOVE your scarf painty!!!---my mom made me one last christmas---the yarns they are in the stores right now are AMAZING!!!--little bits of threads that glitter,beads,shiny threads ------------yummy colours~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!i agree with miss shuga----------blue and purple====deee light ful!!!============i am reading "the time travellers club" by audrey niffenegger====it's VERY long====518 pages ====but i had to read it for book club ------------------i wouldn't say it's GREAT but it's okay!!! i probably wouldn't finish it if i didnt' have to====i get to pick out the next book----i picked "name all the animals"----------gotta go talk to dh about what to get mother in law for her b=day tomorrow====see yas
Old 10-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #11  

*****Boring weight loss post alert*****I'm having feelings of mourning over the lack of chocolate in my diet. This is so sad, and right before Halloween. I've exercised 3 days in a row. Woo-hoo me. I've noticed something new. I'm old. It's harder to exercise now.

I'm reading What to Keep by Rachel Cline. So far, so good. Do not bother reading A Song I Knew by Heart by Brett Lott. I finished it, but it was slow torture. I've got to go to Amazon to read the reviews on your books, Bagzie. Maybe I could be a vicarious book club member.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:17 PM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

It is harder to excercise than it used to be, Wabbo, but it'smore important.

I voted today. My little vote will not hold up well here in the "Democrats Kill Babies and want to Destroy Churches," part of the world.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:54 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i never knew the diff between Democrats and Republicans but my hubby tole me to just remember that R in Republican stands for "rich"-----------does this mean anything to yas all??? here the Liberals are liberal and the Conservatives are conservative { and support big business and the rich=canadian republicans}---------------i usually don't care about politics but you americans make it such fun!!! today laura bush was on regis and kelly and theresa heinz-kerry was on the view---i ignored them both but i am stuck home cause ds has a cold--------------------WABBY----PLEASE EXPLAIN THE CORE PROGRAM IN DETAIL AS I CAN'T SPARE THE CASH TO READ THE WEBSITE-=====---CAN'T YOU USE FLEXPOINTS FOR THE H'WEEN MINI CHOC0LATE BARS?????????????????????
Old 10-19-2004, 03:32 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Default The Little Vote that Could

Well, you did your part, Cowpeach. I wonder how long it will take to count Florida this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
I'm having feelings of mourning over the lack of chocolate in my diet.
I can't understand overlooking chocolate in a healthy diet. Are they implying it's not a whole food? Congrats on your efforts, I'm sure they will get easier with time and those 15 lbs will melt away.

Not much going on around here, certainly nothing on the diet front. I'm in the midst of one of those total funks re: making meals. Every single day, another decision. How insurmountably boring. I don't want to go shopping, but I don't want to fix what we have here.

We've decided that we can't afford to do the vacation we wanted to this Christmas. We were going to spend half of it with my family in NC and the other half in Florida with our boating friends. Because of abominable school vaca schedule, we would certainly have to fly to do both and the ticket prices are ridiculous. So we've decided just to drive to NC, do Christmas and drive back. Tedious, but

After lengthy discussion and deciding this, DD informed me while we were on the road yesterday that the guy she's had a crush on for years and who moved very far away, is coming back to town for Christmas. How unfair for her. I'm going to try to get us back here before he leaves; I suspect DH would just as soon she missed him, but I feel for her. I remember resenting my family's demands that cut into my personal life when I was her age. At least she's telling me what's going on.

I must go do something useful this afternoon -- after several days of rain it's a gorgeous day. You should have seen the amazing phenomenon I saw yesterday. I had dropped DD off at school about 7AM and was heading home. The sky was mostly cloudy and partly pink from the sunrise and I looked up and saw a
PINK RAINBOW!! Nothing but pink -- it was so cool!!

I just looked up "pink rainbow" in Google to see if I could come up with a picture, and it seems that is a gay organization. I found a site of rainbow pictures that includes a pink one, but it doesn't look like the one I saw. These pics are of a pink sky with a pink rainbow in it -- my (yeah, my) rainbow was in against a blue and grey part of the sky. Here's one that's even in Maine. This one's a little more like what I saw. Too bad I didn't have a camera with me.

I'm just a little ray of sunshine today, eh?

Kiwi
Old 10-19-2004, 03:47 PM   #15  

As soon as I figure out the core program, I'll tell you all about it, Bagzie. So far I've been eating gallons of my WW Taco soup. It has lots of beans in it. I hope I'm not sorry. Rule # 1 is that you can eat veggies and fruit. A minimum of 5 a day. Maybe you can just change your diet one rule at a time.

My big news is that I'm going to high speed internet on Nov. 1st. Yippee.

Kiwi, how do I get my very own rainbow?
Closed Thread