General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-11-2004, 07:23 PM   #1  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Anyone has success on the GI Diet

I am going to start the GI Diet tomorrow. It looks like a great plan but curious if anyone has had any success on it.

Thanks
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:32 PM   #2  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

I don't follow the GI Diet, exactly, although I did read the book, and the New Glycemic Revolution as well. I count calories, and follow a low-glycemic diet. I've lost just under 70 pounds since March, and I absolutely believe that living low-GI has played an important role in that. I really feel that in my case, at least, counting calories is non-negotiable.

Best to you!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:28 AM   #3  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Hey thanks lessof. It just looked to simple to actually work, does that make sense.

I guess I think that weightloss is difficult and something this simple can't work that great.

Hey we also have the same goal weight.....congrats on your success and thanks for the info.
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:58 PM   #4  
Alana

Default Just srarting out on Low GI

Hi
Iam Alana and I am going to give the low GI plan a go as well may be we can keep in touch and give each other support
Please let me know how you go Iam 102kg I have a lot to lose

Alana
But I keep smiling
Alana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:12 AM   #5  
~One baby step at a time~

Default I LOVE the G.I. Diet (low glycemic)

I really love the G.I. Diet (check out www.gidiet.org for more information). I have both of Rick Gallop's books. I did super well following the plan last year and then for whatever reason I stopped. My personal reasoning is that I think I found it TOO EASY and thought it had to be more difficult (i.e. there's no counting points, measuring foods, counting calories, etc.). So, I'm back in a slump and ready to start fresh.

I had an emergency ulcerated hernia op in September and I am now sporting a hot pink cast all the way up to my knee. I broke my foot 4 weeks ago simply by standing still loading groceries. My ankle just rolled over and broke a bone.

Needless to say I am really in a slump as I'm unable to exercise (I go to Figures on my lunch hour - similar to Curves) and my eating has gone to pot.

My goal is start fresh in the New Year.

I just registered on this site and would be really like to see a G.I. followers thread continue and have lots of support for each other.

TTYL.

Lianne
Leezlelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #6  

Thumbs up Gi Diet

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to tell you my experience with the GI Diet. I lost 7 pounds in one week before Christmas - unfortunately I put it back on again over the festivities. But now I'm back on it and I want to lose 3 stone for my holiday at Easter to Florida!!

I think it works for me because it encourages you to snack between meals (only the right foods of course!) but that used to be my downfall - I would get so hungry between meals and have something - then I would be so cross with myself for cheating and promise to start again tomorrow. Of course in the meantime I would stuff myself silly - all the while promising that "I would do better tomorrow"!!

I have tried the Atkins and it did work for me - but no way can I stick to it for more than 1 week - I found myself craving for an apple!!

Good luck to anyone on the GI Diet.
Doing it for my hols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:26 AM   #7  

Smile Anyone has success on the GI diet

Hi Everyone !! I am starting on the GI diet on Monday.. I met a lady here that lost a lot of weight on it and as I like that type of food have to get in and give it a go.

I first found this site 5 yrs ago and lost using the low fat diet then but this sounds even better...

I am in Sydney Austarlia now but come from Townsville Nth Qld. ( not far from Sarina heheh) Work shift work and have 5 adult kids..

Crossing my fingers hope to get off to a good start Monday.. Bye for now Violet aka Shirley
luvs_violets is offline   Reply With Quote