Old 10-15-2004, 07:58 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #266

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:08 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Kristen,
Your pic is so beautiful! How tall are you? Hope you are having a great on plan day Hugs

Mel,
Have fun @ the gym w/ the trainer today! I bet it will be neat to see what she does to stay in shape!

Jill,
I am glad you conquered the flu...whew! I hope you get a loss today! You having been doing so well. Did you find any food to pack with you to class yet?

Crystal,
I am sorry to hear about the meeting. Hope Andrew is feeling better! The weather is getting cold here and I am worried about the colds here too. Does your kids get the flu shot?

Jaymi,
Hope you are back on track today! As far as the clothes, I am gonna try to get a pic of all the clothes separately on the msn site today sometime.

Deana,
Are you using an drops or anything for your ear??? Hope you are having a great on plan day !

Angel,
When do you weigh in? I bet that little bit didn't hurt you! You have been doing so awesome. Keep it going.

Chris,
I am glad you got back on track for dinner! Hooray! Hope you have a good day! Any plans?

Amy,
I was just thinking about you! You have been doing so well girlie. Why don't you join us on the challenge? 4 out of 7 days of exercise and a min. of 64 oz of water

Spryng,
What's the word???

Michelle,
Hope you have a great day

Well I need to get my crew up and out the door this morning.

It was my weigh in day and I vowed I wasn't changing my siggy until I got back to it so I am now back down to 164.5. Whew! Finally moving back in the right direction.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Good morning all...I'm at work and before I start I just popped on to catch up on my reading!

Spryng...hope the interview went well.

Hi to all...I'll catch up this weekend I promise!!

Hugs!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:04 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning!!!

Chris: WTG on the chili. That sounds soooo good right now. It has cooled off so much the last week. But we're supposed to be back in the upper 60's by Sunday. YEAH! Thank you for the wtg. Hope you have a great day .

Amy: Soooo glad to have you back. Sorry about the puter. Hope it's working much better now. Hope you can get back on track with us now. It really does help to have a great support system like these ladies .

Penny: I am using ear drops I had gotten bak in June when they tried to tell me I had allergies and it ended up being a 6 week long, 3 doctors and 1 ER visit and about 9 prescriptions later found out I actually had chronic bronchitis. GRRRR!!! That was a long story and very frustrating. But they don't seem to help any except for when it hurts. It's still stuffy and I can tell it's swollen inside. I called the doc's office yesterday but I can't get in til next week...uggggh! I'll keep using the drops to see if it eventually helps. Hope your day is GREAT!

Spryng: Honey, you are killing us with suspense . How did it go?

Hello to everyone else. here's to a GREAT OP DAY for all!

I have quite a bit to do today. Dd has preschool and I have to go pay some bills and do my grocery shopping. They are having a truckload sale here this week and lots of good bargains .

I will me MIA tomorrow. I am dropping off the 3 younger ones tonight at 2 different places and I have to be up early to attend a Cub Scout Leader Training Program all day. I only have ot do it once to be certified, but it's an all day thing and they are serving lunch so we'll see how that goes. I will have ot take snacks with me. Not sure I'll get all my water either, but I will try my best.

So far this week 80 oz each day and excercise 3/4, getting ready to be 4/5 in about 30 minutes.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:17 AM   #5  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good morning

Good Friday morning. Hope everyone had a great night. Mine was so so. Andrew, poor thing, nose is running and so stuffy. You can see in his eyes that he doesn't feel good. But today it's getting up to 80 so maybe he can get to feeling better. It's Friday and I usually don't get a nap in so we'll see.
NO BABY YET!!! I know, it's killing all of us. But the only time she's late, she's usually really late. I'll keep you all up to date.
Hi to Penny, Spryng, Jill, Amy, Chris, Deana, Jaymi, Geri, Mel, Michelle and all you other sahm's out there.
Hope you all have a good day. I'll try to be around later, but I've got errands to run and got to clean mom's house.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

So sorry to keep you all in suspense. After the interview yesterday we went straight to the in-laws for a visit and didn't get home until very late. Dh is going to stay home today too so he won't leave out until tomorrow, so bare with me being MIA one more day, lol. I'll be here alot tomorrow I'm sure.
OK, the interview went fine I think. It was my very first interview ever. It's that job I told you all about before, being a claims examiner for Great West Life (an insurance company) it pays excellent, the highest paying job in town so I'm excited they even considered me since I only have fast food and housekeeping experiance on my record and that was years ago. So I don't have much work experiance at all. But I did my typing test yesterday which I flew through! I was so happy about that. And I did my one on one interview. Now I'm waiting for them to call back and call me in for the personality test and math test, but I'm not really worried about either of those. So keep keeping your fingers crossed for me, I'm really hoping I get this. Not sure if dh will come off the road if I get hired. If we trade in our mini van on a car we could do it, but right now the only bill that worries me is our van payment and insurance and I couldn't make it on what I'd make at Great West, so he'd either have to stay on the road or find something local, but if I get hired it won't be until Nov 8th so I have time to think about it some more. Or I should say, WE have time to think about it,lol... my dh does think with me at times, lol. But that is all the news I have, oh I got my hair permed yesterday, lol. I just felt like a perm so I went for it. It's very very curly but I know in a couple more days it will loosen up and be exactly what I wanted. DH loves it, lol.
Crystal, maybe today will be the day for your sis! I'm thinking about her!!

Well, I have to get off here and get around. It's grocery shopping day!! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:15 PM   #7  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls, I'm getting ready for the gym so don't have time for a big post but wanted to let you know that I am another .5 down. I'm not bummed that it is only .5 though I just wanted to get off that 146! So 145.5 looks great! I still may loose some more since I haven't been to the gym yet and that always helps me get down a little. I'll let you know if it changes. I am only 10.5 pounds away from my goal!! I am so excited. I'll get personal when I get back! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Good Morning!!

I'm at my wits end today I'm tired and cranky and TOM is a week away not a good combo.

I just wanted to come say hello and tell you all to have a great day!

I'm going to go stomp around the house lol
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:49 PM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

hmmmmm so I finally have time to post and no one is here. Anyway it's errands day so I will be gone for the next couple hours so there better be some more posts when I get back!!!! LOL Hope you all are having great OP days! I am! Won't be too much longer till I get a new outfit I hope!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:24 PM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
Still no baby heh? When is her due date....or when was her due date?

Geri,
Are ya on track? Have a great day Hope to see ya this weekend on the boards.

Spryng,
Hope you and dh is having a great day! A Perm huh? Is it spiral or wave? I had a spiral for a long time and I loved it.. But Hubby didn't like it like that.... So I let it go straight and have ever since.

Jill,
I'm here Congrats on your loss! We both had a .5 loss this week! I think we are making some muscles and losin some fat at the same time! What type of exercises do you do at the gym?

Deana,
Thanks for the pm How is the Scout Day going??

Michelle,
Wish I could come help ya Man am I slangin today....lol Take some steps back and breathe! Hang in there Hope you have a great weigh in this weekend!

Well I had another great day at the gym. Andrew wasn't too happy to be there today and was really fussy. But he has a sinus infection and I think that may be part of it.. Poor little guy

Well have a great evening TTYL!
Old 10-15-2004, 06:17 PM   #11  
I'm a homeschool mama

Penny, her due date was Monday. She's always early except twice and she was really, really late as if her due date was off. So I suppose she's following her late trends.

Jill, you know how Friday's are around here? This is just another one and it showing like it'll be a slow weekend too. I'll be around most weekend unless sis has the baby.

Okay, we're back from errands and moms. Dh will be home kind of late so dinner is probably hot dogs or chili dogs. I've been putting some decor together in my mind on my new home. I have a question...Is anyone here good at technique painting? I've got a few techniques for some of my rooms but I've never technique painted and was wanting to know any do's and don't's. I've got a GREAT Home Depot Decorating 1-2-3 book that guides you through every step of every type of painting but it's easier to talk to someone that's done it.
Another question that should be saved for a QOTD but I tend to forget. What is your home's style of decor? Mine is nothing right now, but my new home will be a mix between Country and French Country. Country more so shows a way of life rather than follow a trend and I like that better. It's more simple but it's alittle dark for me so I want to flow the light colors of French Country in with it and mix the two in most of all my rooms with each room having it's own little twist.
I know I'm going on and on...I need to get dinner going, laundry put away and this house picked up somewhat. Hope you are all having a great day. TTYL
Old 10-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #12  
mama of 4little Angels

Michelle-I'm with ya.One of my kids are testing my patiences like crazy.Take a bath and medatat (or how ever you spell that word) it will help.

Penny-I weigh myself all the time but I only count it on Fridays.Your weight can move around daily between 3 0r 4 pounds.

I don't feel good today.All the kids are trying to get sick on me.My 4yr old has a cold,my older daughter has a stomach virus or something.My 7yr old daughter is trying to get a stomach virus.My son isn't complaining of anything yet.

Well i'm going to get off here and try to clean up supper.It was just Hamburger helper and green beans tonight .Just didn't feel like cooking.
Everyone have a nice evening.\Angel
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:11 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
Nope not me... I don't do any type of decorative painting in my house. My house is pretty modern... not like retro modern but most things are sleek and silver and white. Ex. door knobs, fixtures... etc. The house is decorated in sage, hunter, burgundy, navy.. etc. ( but not all in the same room...lol) Have a good evening.

Angel,
I know how you feel w/ the kiddos getting sick... When it rains it pours! Hang in there

Hubby took the two oldest to Chuck E Cheese's tonight (by himself I might add ) Andrew was sick so I stayed home and he is already sleeping.......

So I am putting all the clothes on the msn site if anyone wants to check em out...

Anything that doesn't go I will just give it to Goodwill.. I don't really need em

I have some M, L, XL, 12 and 14.. not sure about 16 or not.....
Old 10-15-2004, 07:18 PM   #14  
**Kristin**

Good Evening ya'll! I had a HUGE nice post to all of you and lost it about 11AM this morning....I was so frusterated. I think from now on, I am going to write my posts in word, and cut and paste! Anyway - I got really mad and (like Michelle today ) and just said forget it and left to go get dh! He is home, and we had a nice OP lunch today....I had a grilled chicken salad and a diet sprite. go me!!! Sounds like you all busy and doing well !!

Penny - I am 5'4" - shot and round, as I have always said! LOL! Hopefully the round part with ceese in the coming months! I am doing great at my water and my eating....and a lot better about getting my exercise! I hope to definatly see a loss next week.

Michelle - Hey there little grump bump! LMAO! I am just picturing you stomping around and pouting! It will get better! I promise, I do the same thing!

Spryng - I hope it all works out for you! My fingers are crossed! I know things will work out the way that they are suppose to! Glad you did well at the interview! Enjoy your days with dh!

Leigh - WHERE ARE YOU!!!! We miss you alot! Get that puter fixed!

Cindi - How is everything? did youget signed up for a gym yet? Fridge still working?

Geri - HI! Hope you had a great OP week!!!! Are you having a good time at work ?

Crystal - Very cool about the house stuff....how fun! I love doing all that decorating stuff! My favorite style is like urban, modern, clean.......if that makes sense! I don't like trends that much either, I just love clean lines, bold colors, and simplicity! Not sure if you like it or not, but LACE is OUT at my house......my grandmother and mother covered everything with doillies and lace tableclothes, etc...so I think they gave me a complex!!! I love the simplicity of a goodpiece of wood furniture!

Ricci - HOw are ya girl! Hope you can get here more often!

Jaymi - How are you doing today??? OP??? HUH? HUH?? you can do this!!!

Jill - Glad that you are having a great day, I know about being busy! hha, have a great weekend! Oh i almost forgot. Did you want that costume for Bayley? Let me know so I can ship it soon for ya!

Melissa - How are you doing today!? I know you are doing greeat at our little challenge, just wanted to peek in on you!

Deana - Have a afun busy day tomorrow, but stay OP k????? I know you will!

Chris - Have a great day! Stay OP you can do it! Stay away from that candy!

Amy - glad to see you back!

ANgel - Hope you and your family feel better soon! Its a big cycle when everyone starts getting sick! Drink a lot of water and suck on some vitamin c !!!

Well ladies, I meed to get my butt in gear and go exercise, I never got to, trying to figure out how my post disappeared earlier! anyway, I am going to go now....so I will try and get here again this weekend, but who knows! I already got slack for this one! LOL! Have a great weekend everyone!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:19 PM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Kristin, I'm not big on lace either. It's too girly and I don't like flowers and lace and ruffles. I don't mind the occasional doily in an antique color but not all over my house, just something to add a touch to the tabletop or something.
When I have some more time, I'll let you know the kinds of faux painting that I'm gonna do and see if you've done any of it and get some tips.
Hope you are all doing well. TTYL