Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2004, 05:17 PM   #1  

Unhappy Darn the cashews...

*sighs* I was doing great today and then all of the sudden the can of cashews on the counter started taunting me. I must have had somewhere around 2 servings, maybe a little more. They're so fatty too. Ick.
punkinbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Yabbut, nuts are fairly good for you. Just try not to overdo it in the future. I have the same prob. Hubby keeps a can of cashews on hand. So I have to make him keep them out of my site. And if I really really want some, I will go get one handful and walk away from the can. NEVER eat them directly out of the can. It's soooo hard to stop eating them once you start.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

My solution has been to buy more pistachios than other nuts. Taking them out of the shell slows me way down. I also buy small 2oz packages, so I can't go too crazy. I'll also sometimes buy an assortment of nuts in the shell. They look pretty in a basket and it takes a lot of effort to eat too many.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:01 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

When nuts come into the house, I divide "my" share of them into serving-size portions, and put each serving into a separate sandwich bag. Then I put all of my sandwich bags into a large zipper bag with my name on it. And then I put that away in the cupboard.

When I crave nuts, I will get out one of the servings and eat that. One serving is more nuts than you might think (for instance, an ounce of almonds is 23 nuts), so it's satisfying. And by limiting the amount I eat with this simple strategy, I don't find myself just eating out of the can or bag or whatever and not keeping track.

Yes, it uses a lot of sandwich bags, but they are reusable for this purpose, and my main goal is to keep myself on track by whatever method works.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote