Old 10-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chat!

Good morning!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #2  

Well, I am convinced that this is the only WOE for me.........I have been doing this so long now that I CAN'T eat the way I used. Oh, once in a while I will have something but not on a daily basis anymore. And I think that if that is the one thing I take away from this then I'll be ok.

I was completely OP yesterday and the scale agreed this morning. I have said it before but if you are OP then the scale goes down....if you aren't then it doesn't. Simple as that.

DH kind of ticked me off this morning.....I have been wearing my hair in a kind of spikey flip thing for a while now.....not sure if I like it but everyone else does. When I look in the mirror I just don't see me. Well this morning I got tired of it and blew dry it under like I used to. More polished I guess. Now I look like me. Well as I was leaving he says "what happened to your hair?" I said I just wanted it back the way it used to be. He said "I liked it better with the flip" GGGGGRRrrrrrrrrrrrr I guess he does look when I leave in the morning!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:40 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Jane: Is it that he likes it better w/the flip or that he liked something DIFFERENT? Like a whole new woman (referencing your saying you didn't see yourself in that hairstyle). Give the guy a variety And I've been OP but the scale isn't agreeing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Ok. Had another bathroom episode this morning. Luckily it was AFTER youngest got on the bus. So no ruining her day--guess after I hugged her yesterday I forgot to kiss her in my rush to get to the toilet. So that made her sad I don't know what my problem is. But the stupid scale went UP today. You'd think after all that is coming out..I'd drop at least a pound from that This is getting frustrating!!! I was hoping to at least see the scale go down a pound not up.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:42 AM   #4  

Morning Jane: That's funny about that DH! Glad that you decided to stay on this WOE! You have done so good on it and I am sure that you will continue to do so!

Well, nothing much here this morning. Just sitting here having "breakfast". This morning that consists of that yucky sugar filled drink that you have to have for the Gest. Diabeties test! It's not as bad as I was expecting, but it is sooooo sugary sweet! I'm going in soon to have the test, and then I'm heading somewhere to get some REAL breakfast Going to ask the Dr about another ultrasound today. She said it was possible I would have another one so I am going to ask about that! Well, off to the Dr. I'll check in when I get back as it's my day off today! Have a great day everyone!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:44 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Oh I hated that sugar drink. It made me sick!! EWW. Hope all goes well at the visit! And aren't ultra sounds fun----that full bladder is SUCH a joy to have
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:52 AM   #6  

Brenda: The funny thing is is that he is a pretty conservative kind of guy. I wear heels all the time and he likes me better in sneakers. I tell him I AM NOT A SNEAKER KIND OF GIRL. I get my hair cut in a very modern fashion and thought he would hate it but for some strange reason he likes it Go figure. I will probably switch it back....today I just needed a change.

Lisa: Hope all goes well at the doctors. I don't know how "well" I have done but at least I have lost weight....wether it is enough or not I don't care. I am at least doing something about it. I could be more strict and actually be at goal but that just isn't in me I guess. I love pizza too much!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:09 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

GOod Morning chiquitas!!!!

B- What is up with that tummy of yours, well at least you could hold off until kids were on the bus today!

Jane: I have the flip thing too that I just recently got, at least you DH said something!!! I don't even think mine has noticed yet! hahahahahahaha LOL

Lisa: Urgh the diabetes test, yes I remember those days, because I was so heavy when I was Pregnant they made me do it twice and one was ALL day long!! I was so hungry when I left there but also felt so nauseated from the sugar drink! It was bad.

Well I am feeling a little better with the bronchitis, i just hate the mornings, to put it nicely clearing out the old lungs after all night is not a pretty sight! I went over on my carbs yesterday but not bad only to 30 or so, I had the worst carb headache!! So I ate 1 piece of multigrain bread (I am outta LC bread ) and it made my headache just disappear, thank goodness I thought I was gonna go blind from the pain! ahahahaha Well at least if I was gonna go over i used good carbs instead of sugar, that is a big win for me! Making the right choices is getting easier.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:16 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW you guys are fast.... I'll be back
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:57 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: I think it's a good sign he noticed at all! Great job for staying OP!

Brenda: I hope your tummy troubles are over soon!

Lisa: I hope everything goes well at the doctor!

TG: Good job for choosing the right carb! Those headaches are killer. You'd think that would be enough to keep me OP.

Leenie: How's our cavewoman doing today?

Well, I went to water aerobics last night. A friend teaches the class, and she hooks me up with free passes. I'd really like to join the gym, I just don't want to pay for it! I still feel really uncoordinated in the water, but I think it's a decent workout.

I am leaving tomorrow for Kansas. It should be fun, but cold! It's still in the 80s here. I'm not a big fan of going home in the fall and winter, but that's when the football games are, so I guess I just have to deal with it. I'll be bringing plenty of warm clothing, that's for sure! And, I'm really hoping that this will be my first OP weekend in a long time!

I hope you all have a great Thursday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:26 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

HI Jina!! Have fun in Kansas!!!

HEEELLLLOOOOO Cavewoman!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:14 PM   #11  

Brenda: Hope that you are feeling better soon! Hang in there girl...I am sure that the scale will be going DOWN soon!

Jane: I'm with you on the Pizza. I think that's one food I could eat every day!

TG: Glad that you are feeling better! I know what you mean about cleaning out the lungs in the morning...YUCK! But at least you are getting it out of you! Good Job staying OP yesterday and for making a good decision with the bread!

Jina: Hope you have a great time in Kansas! I know what you mean about the cold weather. Not looking forward to it myself here. Still in the 70's most days here and I'm loving it. When it starts getting colder...I start staying in more! I can't stand the cold weather!!! Sounds like you have fun at water aerobics! And free makes it even better

Leenie: Hey there! How's your day going???

Well, just got back a little while from the Dr. The drink wasn't that bad. They will have my results back tomorrow. As long as my blood sugar was below 140 I won't have to take the test again. If it's above 140 I will have to take the 3 hour test. Hoping that it's ok because I don't care to sit in the doctor's office for 3 hours! Everything looked great they said. They are still unsure about my due date. Started out at 1/12/05.....then went to 1/30/05......then the told me last visit that it looked from the ultrasound that I was about 2 weeks ahead of schedule (which would put it back at 1/12/05) They left my due date at 1/30. That puts me at 24 weeks and 5 days. Well, today I am measuring 28 weeks. She told me today that it may just be because the baby is BIG! She's going to order me another ultrasound in 3 weeks and said we'd go from there. She told me her guess would probably be around the end of Dec when this baby arrives!!! She says the baby is developing at the rate it should be, so the only thing that would cause me to show further along is a BIG baby or either they got my due date wrong!!! I guess we'll see in 3 weeks! She also told me that in the notes the ultrasound tech wrote that the anatomy of the baby was hard to see because the way the baby was positioned. She told me not to start buying pink stuff just yet. She says the heartbeat is definately a male heartbeat but a lot of time you cant' go by that! Also said that if it was a boy that the "parts" may not have been able to be seen at the time! I dont' care one way or the other if it's a boy or girl...just want a healthy baby! I would like to start buying more stuff though. So far we have already bought some girl stuff! That's what the technician told us it was! Now it seems that they can not tell! Oh well....guess we'll definately know for sure whenever this baby decided to make his/her presence into the world Sorry for the long post....just thought I'd inform you all of what I found out today!!!! Oh....one more thing....I have gained 1 lb! That's from May when I had my first visit. So I'm very happy about that! The nurse told me I made her sick because at this point in her pregnancy she had already gained over 60 Have a great day everyone!!!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning all.

Jane, when I first started to try to lose weight I read some where that most people will gain back all they have lost within couple of years. I think they mentioned something like only 5% will hold on to their new weight and they claim that those 5% are the ones that have started with one diet and then they fined-tuned it to fit their lifestyle. I kind of believe in this and I think we are going to be among those 5% since we started with Atkins and believe in the philosophy of low carb and avoiding processed food. So once in a while going for something that has high carb that we really want should be OK. I also read somewhere else that giving in to occasional craving would prevent one from major binge. So I think you have the right idea of letting yourself have your favorite high carb food once in a while when you really want it. And yes I have upped my carbs. Actually 35g was my net carb, LOL. But it was mostly from fresh veggies. Here is my Tuesday menu
B - Flaxseed Muffin (330 Cal/2g Carb); LC milk in coffee (28 Cal/1g Carb)
L - HB egg (222 Cal/2g Carb); Broccoli (54 Cal/6g Carb); Cheese (171 Cal)
D - Mushroom (44 Cal/5g Carb); Tomato (11 Cal/2g)
S - Morning Start (320 Cal/4g Carb); Pomegranates (52.5 Cal/13g Carb)
Total = 1220 Cal/35g Net Carb

Brenda, I am thinking you are going to see a decrease in scale in a major way within the next few days. Usually when I hold on to a weight for a few days then with no reason go up a pound or two then I will see 3 to 4 pounds lost for net loss of over a 2 pounds loss. Hang in there you are going to see 130s soon.

Lisa, good luck at the doctors and what an exciting time you are going through. Have fun. I hope that you have another ultrasound just to see your baby playing in your tummy.

TG, you too with the bronchitis?! I am sorry. I hope that you feel better very soon.

Leenie, I saw your Halloween custom pictures. Thank you for sharing. You did look wild, LOL.

Jina, have fun in Kansas.

Well last night I went grocery shopping and saw low carb granola. I love granola and have been missing making apple strudel a lot. So very excited I got it. I think it had something like 26g carb with 21g fiber for a net carb of 4g and no sugar alcohol. I was so happy that I had found this gem, LOL. Well I didn’t feel the same way when I opened it and tried it once at home. It tasted too chalky and basically inedible. But I then I wanted apple streusel real bad. So I roasted ¼ cup pecan and sprinkled it over one cup to small pieces Granny apple that was microwave for 3 minutes and had a 17g net carb apple strudel, LOL. And I clam that I was cheat free with 27g net carb and 952 calories for the day.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Lisa, glad the test went fine. Have fun on the next ultrasound. I guess it is back to drawing board, LOL, to come up with new names. I am so excited for you.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:35 PM   #14  

Lisa: Glad to hear it all went well.....except for the ultrasound mishap! Geez, here you were thinking it was a girl! Well, if you must by stuff then stick with the yellows.

Jina: water aerobics sounds like fun. You will do fine this weekend....didn't you say your father keeps you accountable? That will help. Just do the best you can.

Theo'sgirl: Glad you are feeling a little better. ....if your lungs are "clearing out" in the morning that is a good sign. Means the cough is moving. That is what mine has been doing since yesterday. I swear that doctor was right when he told me to use the inhalers at the first sign of a cold.....the bronchitis didn't get as bad as it usually does. Good job on making the right choice...that's what it's all about isn't it.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:45 PM   #15  
Somethin's gotta give

Morning Ladies!

Jane- well at least he likes the modern style....my DH wants it the same way all the time, long and blond. I wanted to dye it red not too long ago but then I got the "wellll, if that what you want" ( along with the sad face) *sigh* it's just not worth it

Brenda- the power of suggestion is a mighty thing...now ya got ME started!!....hmmmm, think it was something we didnt eat?

Mrs H-They've really improved that stuff since my first baby....then it was like drinking orange sweet motor oil....*shudder* hope it turns out ok!

tg- The first really bad case of bronchitis I got was in high school....I stayed home for 2 weeks...When it finally started to break up I told my Mom I was going crazy with boredom and to bring me home a book to read.....so she brought a brand new book that had just come out---the exorcist. well, at least I felt like Linda Blair and I had something green in common

Leen-

Jina- Have fun going home and stay warm!

Well, it must be the day cuz I'm ticked at my DH too....He's having this #@$&%* Ferarri kit car built and he spends HOURS on the computer looking at different kinds of kits, accesories, parts, talking to other guys about how to do it, how to do it different, how to do it better, WHO can do it better, who has the best pricesblahblahblahblah....until Im so sick of a car that barely exists! I know in terms of bad habits for guys it's a minor and innocent one but this morning he stayed up until 2:45!!! and when he does that and comes to bed he ALWAYS has dreams about being trapped somewhere. Then he SITS up and yells, COME ON! WE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE!"...or "It's comin down! hurry we gotta figure a way out!" Used to scare the crap outta me...now I just say, lie down...youre dreaming. So, this morning I left without speaking to or kissing him... it sucks being a computer newlywed widow!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote