View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 11:16 PM   #11
Fat in Hong Kong
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Brandy, glad you are amused ... Changed the battery and guess what ... I'm back up the 4lbs that I lost last week!! ... Which is the same 4lbs that I lost 4 weeks ago, then regained 3 weeks ago, then lost 2 weeks ago ... and finally regained this week!! ... Now that's what I call yo-yo dieting!!

Back to counting calories I actually feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, not having to worry about what I can or can't eat ... just stick within my calorie allowance and enjoy whatever I fancy eating without feeling like I've 'broken' my diet because I've eaten chocolate, or because I've eaten a couple of extra ounces of pasta over what my 'diet plan' allows.

I often still think about Ali and the way she lost all of her weight ... by counting calories ... She did fantastically, and always said she never felt deprived because she could eat whatever she wanted as long as she stayed within her calories. I'd love to know what happened to her ... so strange how she just suddenly disappeared. But whenever I feel like giving up, I'm going to think of Ali and hopefully it'll be the inspiration that I need to carry on ... if she could lose all that weight successfully, then I'm sure that I can lose the 40ish pounds that I need to lose. What was it she used to say? ... "You are only a failure if you give up trying." Well, we haven't given up have we? ... WE WILL SUCCEED!

Nichola

PS - I'm not changing my weight loss record because that darn 4lbs will be gone again very soon!!

"If you can dream it, you can live it - you just need to work out how to make it happen."

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 10-09-2004 at 11:19 PM.
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote