Old 10-09-2004, 08:30 AM   #1  

Default STAY AT HOME MOMS # 270 Saturday !!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! YEA!!!! IT's SATURDAY!!!!

Well, Penny and My Challange ends today. I have yet to get on the scale, because I'm affraid to look. TOM is gonna be here by tomorrow, I am crampy and the boobs hurt. Sorry, for the graphics. I'm sure you didn't need to know that. BUt I know that the way I ate and exercised this week, I should be down, but I know how I retain water, so we'll see. I'm going to give my body another 1/2 hour to wake up and flush that night time water out. Then I will do the dregful act of stepping on the scale. Say a prayer ladies.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Anyones, dh's have an extra day off for Columbus day? Mine does, thank goodness, since he was away. Spryng, I know you dh is coming on tuesday...>YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you are excited. I'd be too.

If weather permits, maybe tomorrow we will go apple picking. Today, it's supposed to rain. I would have rather have gone today, but oh well.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? Details on the fun stuff please!!!!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Boy it doesn't feel like saturday to me yet, lol. Ok, for today--- clean clean clean until 1 pm, then leave for the movie, come home and relax, lol... that is my plan for today

Mel, you'll have to let us know how WI goes today! I hope you see a loss and met your challenge goals Apple picking sounds nice! I haven't done that in years. What kind of apple are they?

Michelle, so sorry about your laptop! What caused it to fry??

Deana, did you win that auction?

Ok, I'm off here for a while. I don't think you'll see me until much later I have so much housework to do this morning. So have a great saturday and I'll TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:46 AM   #4  

Well, all I didn't make it TOM is coming and I'm sure that didn't help. I'm not discouraged though. I know I'm doing the right thing now, and that's what matters. I was at 205.0, so I lost 3. I'm going to keep up with what I'm doing and see what happens next week. I only have 5.5 lbs to go to get under the 200 mark. so attainable.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:24 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay..
I was a lazy gal yesterday and didn't get much done. Today I'll be like Spryng...clean, clean, clean! My sister, Janet and I had alternate plans for yesterday. Here in Billings, one of the radio stations does a Great Pumpkin Caper. You go around and collect clues from area businesses and get clues of the radio stations web page and off the radio to find a pumpkin...which is actually a rock. They hide it around town and if you find it, you win $500. We've been doing it for 4 year now. Even if you don't win, it's fun to do.

After that was my husband's company BBQ. I tried to get online from his work, but I got busted by him....

Tonight Jennifer, Janet, and Lance (my sibs), Slater (my BIL) and I are taking the kids to the Corn Maze to get "lost". Another family tradition we do. Two farms around here cut mazes out of their corn fields and you pay to go through a large maze. It's fun because you can't see what's around the next corner and you can't peek over the top of anything because the corn is so tall. The challenge is to find your own way out without having to get help from the "corn cops". We usually play a game of hide-and-seek. Has anyone else been in a corn maze? Well anyhow, that will be my exercise for today. We usually end up walking a couple miles or better. (We got lost alot) TTFN. I gotta get going and get some cleaning done.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 10:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies!

Mel hey girl a loss is a loss and its better than a gain!! damn TOM!!! I actually take water pills the week before TOM arrives otherwise I feel horrible my stomach just feels wicked full not hungry full but bloated full. did that make sense? lol

Spryng, Zhaun accidentally kicked my laptop bag off the bed he feels horrible about it but he knows he's replacing the darn thing I can't live with out one anymore LOL What movie are you going to see or did I miss that part? Have fun today!!

Chris That all sounds like so much fun!! We don't have a corn maze but we have "The Maze" which is fun and the wood walls are like 9 feet tall so you can't peek over them and you have to get to each of the 4 towers to get a stamp before you can get out. I'm also thinking of taking taylor there next year and too the waterslides that is if I'm not looking like a whale lol. Have fun tonight!!

Ok I'm off to do some stuff! I'll TTYL!!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #7  

Mel - You have to take the loss anyway they come. You are on the right path. Hope TOM passes you by fast.

Jill - As far as core on the go, I am with you on the apples I am about sick on them to but I take one to eat after the gym. Do you like hummus it is great on veggies and very portable in a small tupperware. I carry a small cooler on outings for JW so I try to put something in there for me as well. Are you working with a trainer or getting the workouts from the website.

Michelle - So sad about the laptop. Sounds like you have other options though. I have to share with dh.

Chris - The corn maze sounds great. I don't think JW is old enough for the Halloween festivites yet.

Spryng - How is dh weight loss going? I can control what dh eats at home but I can't control the other meals. It is still a constant struggle with him. I just want to be the healthiest we can both be for JW.

Well, the times that I have the most time seems to be the slowest on-line.
I am sure that means everyone is having a good weekend.

Happy Saturday!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 02:10 PM   #8  
2BoysMom

Hi all...still here...busy weekend and the weather's nice...so SEE YA LATER!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 02:35 PM   #9  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hi ladies,
Busy morning here. Up at 6 to take Erik in for his campout, stopped for air in the tire that keeps going low (I will get it checked Mon. it's not very old), came back and started laundry, went to pick Andrew up from the sleepover and ended up staying til after noon talking to the parents, who I know. But hey, dh is sleeping so it kept it quiet around here for a while. Got home, did lunch then helped Matthew make a pair of coffee can stilts, an elective in his cub scout book. So now the kids are taking turns walking around the house on them....it's too funny watching them try.

Need to get back to laundry but wanted to pop in and say hi and hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Michelle: So sorry about the laptop. I kinda wish I had one but I'm always home so I don't really need it.

Chris: Fun weekend stuff. There is a corn maze 5 miles from me but I have never been. And that Great Pumpkin Caper sounds like sooooo much fun. I would be in on something like that.

Spryng: Have fun at the movies. Let us know what you saw and how it was.

Mel: on the 3 pounds gone forever. You'll be under 200 before you know it.....woohoo. Sorry tom is about here. Seems like everyone is atleast a week ahead of me so I get lucky this month. It will be here while dh is gone to Branson to shoot. And gone by the time he gets home

Geri: Enjoy the weather. It's really nice here too and where are my kids? Right under my feet, won't go outside for anything.....grrrrrr.

Back to laundry.......TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 05:45 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Checkin' in...but looks like its a quiet afternoon on here. I have a few hours til we go to the corn maze so I guess I should get some more stuff done around here. All it seems I do anymore is clean. There has got to be more to life than that.

I still have a ton of laundry to do. That is a neverending deal. I've been doing good though. I've had about 50 oz. of water so far today. I had breakfast, lunch (Wendy's chili and fries...I got some flexpoints I can use). And so far no snacks. I don't even feel hungry. Well TTFN for now and talk to you all soon.
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:11 PM   #11  
soontobethin

hey, all,
I am here, just hanging out at home this weekend. I will write a book tomorrow.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #12  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

SOOOOO QUIET TODAY!!!

Hope everyone is having fun.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 07:22 AM   #13  
I'm a homeschool mama

starting a new thread
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote