Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:29 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #191 ♥

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Old 10-09-2004, 06:38 AM   #2  

Smile

HERE IS A LINK TO THE LAST THREAD...

PLEASE CHECK BACK ON *CER'S #190* BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME NEW POSTS THAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED THERE

LINK---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post690354

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-09-2004, 06:45 AM   #3  

Talking My Pictures

Good Saturday Morning Everyone!

Here are the pictures I mentioned of some fun new things
Joe & I picked up last Saturday ~
hope you all like (it's okay if you don't )

Don't laugh... I don't have curtains yet for the living-room.
I haven't found the ones I want yet. I wanted to show you
one of my father's paintings (The Autumn Barn Scene):

Rattan Stand for our Newspaper:

Painted Side Tabe:

Friendship Knot Side Table:

Our New Lamp - replaced the Tiffany Lamp -
the Tiffany wasn't tall enough for behind the sofa:

Our Bedroom... do you see where I placed the Tiffany Lamp?
It looks so much better there and it's so beautiful to see lit up at
night looking down our hallway

*~*~*

I hope you don't mind all the pictures!
I'll be back to post as soon as I am able...
Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-09-2004, 08:04 AM   #4  

Wink Time to get caught up!!!

MKay ~ YES!!! I would love it if you would post some recipes from your group! Thank you very much!! I am sorry it has taken me so long to reply. It just has been a busy last few days here!!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment I am glad that you guys don't think of me as a thread-hog Sometimes when I check back and see my posts I think "WoW, I take up allot of space in my posts!" --- glad it doesn't bother anyone.

Joe and I had a Couples Bible Study last night and then when we got home we had to watch the debate. We taped it, so I'll catch the whole thing later. Today we have another busy day... from 11:00 - 1:00 we have a birthday Party to go to and then shopping at Costco... then dinner out with our friends (all FUN stuff!).

Well, well, well if it's not Dawn ~ Welcome back Dawn!!! It's so nice to see you come back, so many people had computer problems. There was a bug out there that got to the jpeg files (graphics & pictures, etc) and ate them up slowly. You had to go to Windows and update your Security. Glad to hear that your DH was able to fix everything! I don't know what I would do without my pc I spose life would go on...

Dawn, there is a THREAD here for Thyroid problems... Look under *Dieting with Health Problems* Here is a LINK for you---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14 and post your need there, with a new Thread if need be, and most times someone will answer your post. You'll get allot of support there - I know some of the ladies that post there and if you have any questions they may be able to help. But we'd still like to see you here too I enjoyed hearing your stories of your little son's antics... refreshing, made me smile

Wilma ~ Always good to see you pop in when you can... how did your new hair style come out??? You like? Where are the pics? We wanna see...

Have you heard anything more about your cabinets & countertops guy??

Thanks Sprout!!! I miss you & your Devotions, you keep us *on track* and we are grateful to you for that!!! Loved your Food for Thought! Still praying for you and your DS

Bunna ~ Did you donate your hair?? You mentioned you were going to ask about it... I didn't picture you with long hair for some reason and it sounds quite long. Good for you for wanting to donate it, my girlfriend did that too --- she had 12" of hair she donated to *Locks of Love* for children fighting cancer.

Do they sell cars at Costco???

Sami ~ It's always good to see you!!! I miss you so much and I am so very sorry to hear that you are living in such trauma these days. So NOT GOOD for your health and well-being. I will continue to lift you and your family up in my prayers! I must agree with MKay's advice... you must take time to be still with God so you are able to get your perspective and peace of mind back.

Gary ~ Ohhhh THAT journal... DUHHHHH Yes, I have one. For some reason I thought she put out another one a new one. I enjoyed your grandmas Cheerio story... Yep Cheerio's will do that to ya How have you (& Angie) been lately??? I sure do miss you when you don't post!! How are those puppy kids doing? I bet they are getting BIG now... where are the pictures? ?

Michele ~ Gee... thanks, I'm blushing... Yes, I have lost a bit more wt. but it is coming off very slowly. At least it's not going UP is what I tell myself when I don't see a change in the scale

I am so happy to hear that the training went so well for you and that you are enjoying it! Allot of homework, huh. I cannot wait to hear all about your day today... enjoy!!

Hey there Angie-Wangie ~ Do I see a BIRTHDAY coming up on the 13th of OCT. ??? Planning anything special???

I must agree with you... there's nothing more powerful then *Prayer*! I have felt the prayers of friends and family in my life many times and don't know how I would have come through life without it!!!

Will you be posting your *before* & *after* pictures here??? I know I would love to see them!!!! I need all the inspiration I can get

*~*~*

Well gang... I really must be going! I have to make a Birthday Card, get breakfast for Joe & I and then head out for the party. You all have a Wonderful, Wonderful Weekend and KNOW how much GOD LOVES YOU!!!!

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

Old 10-09-2004, 09:00 AM   #5  

Default I Really Do Have A Dull Life...

Sunny-
Hummus:
2 cups garbanzo beans...these take quite a long time to soak/cook...so don't give up.

1/2 tsp sea salt

2 cloves garlic

4 tbl lemon juice (fresh organic lemons) I suppose you don't HAVE to do organic (I probably would not due to cost).

2 tbl Ume Plum Vinegar

4 tbl Tahini

2 tbl olive oil (first cold pressed is important)

Parsley for garnish

Blend ingregients until smooth in a food processor, blender, food grinder of just mash and mix by hand.

Use as a sandwich spread, add lettuce and alfalfa sprouts on pita bread. The mixture may also be shaped into a mound on a flat plate, indent the middle with a spoon and fill with olive oil for a dipping spread or with veggies.

I will gather some more and post them.

Hi Dawn. I really like that...Dawn...a new day...thank the Lord.

I reorganized my zipper pulls for the upcoming craft show (Nov 6) and reprinted the book mark cards to hang from. Now I just need to wait for chain to go on sale at Hobby Lobby so I can buy that and replace ALL the chain in the bookmarks with better chain. The old chain, I discovered the night before the last craft show, was quite weak/cheap. I really want to replace it all. I have a "custom" order board to make up and that is my next project for the show to create.

Sunny- LOVE the house...will you come clean mine and decorate it? I tend to not have alot of decorations around because I think to myself..."Gee, I'd have to dust it and I don't even have time to look at it."

Today: Going to pull the annuals out of the flower beds and replace with newspaper so once it biodegrades or whatever it does, the ink from the newspaper is supposed to kill the weeds still lurking around deep in the ground.

Perhaps I will go and shoot some arrows and visit a couple people at Shepherds then home to prepare for tomorrow's craft with the church kids.

Have a swell weekend all and I pray it is filled with many lovely moments!
Old 10-09-2004, 12:54 PM   #6  

Default October 9, 2004 dieters devotions

October 9

Isaiah 26:4
Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.

Lettuce! Celery! Low-fat cottage cheese! Yeesh! It never got any more interesting. The same old bland foods got tiresome after awhile. Debbie thought she would go crazy before long. She knew what she was doing was a good thing. She really wanted to lose weight. She wanted to look and feel great. Sometimes she didn't know whether it was going to pay off. She believed that God was happy with her desire to lose weight. She trusted that He would help her. Often, it was only the strength she received from trying to please God that kept her going. She was thankful that God gave her that kind of strength.
Today's thought: The only thing I'll give us is being fat!
Old 10-09-2004, 01:02 PM   #7  

Default Devotions for Nibblers - October 9, 2004

A cry for help
Exodus 2:23 says
Out of the slavery their cry for help rose up to God.

My friend had a heart attack last night, and today, as then urses wheeled him to surgery, he whispered to his wife, "I'm scared."

Those words were his cry for help. A man who is scared needs support, understanding, and encouragement. He's recovering from surgery, and now he needs not only medical skill; he has to stick to a low-fat diet, keep his spirits high, and start an exercise program.

That's whre his friends come in. We can volunteer to accompany him on walks or go to the gym with him. When he comes to our houses for dinner, we'll serve the right foods. And when depression tries to overwhelmhim, we'll be there to hold him up.

Maybe we who nibble, nibble, nibble need to say 'I'm scared," and ask our friends and faith community for help. We might recover a lot faster.

For further reflection
Can you admit to yourself you're scared? Scared of going without comfort foods; afraid tos tart one more exercise regimen that you might give up on; scared to admit you're powerless over food? Who is the best person foro you to confide in?

Prayer
Dear God, give me the courage to admit I'm scared. Amen
Old 10-09-2004, 02:07 PM   #8  

Default Pics

I don't know how to post pics like you do Sunny...would you be ever so kind and give me the details...again.

Just a few...obviously the bedroom and the other one shows the tile around the basement stairwell.

I have been cleaning and organizing...no archery yet and it's not lookin like I'll be goin. I love the weather today and I'm enjoying being home all alone. DH came home for lunch and off to work again.

Hugs,
Old 10-09-2004, 04:05 PM   #9  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Okay, enough with the clean house pictures already. Just kidding, I really am enjoying them. When we get ours all finished up I will send pictures too. Not while the hogs (oops kids) are staying with us though. I cannot wait until they are out, they were supposed to be out by now so I could get the inside done before the fall holidays, but the contractor hasn't been cooperating. Now I am hoping for mid November at the latest. If not, this will be me for sure

Mkay, the tile is great and I love all the little touches at your house Sunny.

I saw the doctor yesterday for my knee again and he changed my anti-inflammatory but then told me no more gym, I have to do water aerobics which in this area means joining the YMCA. Now my exercise will have to be on a schedule like 10:00 a.m. and no options which is why I didn't do it before. I also hate the water, did I mention that before. At least I don't have to put my face in the water but the idea of me in a bathing suit freaks me out to no end. Can't even fib about it to dh cuz he was sitting right there when he said "You need to join the Y and do water aerobics, no more machines."

Gonna finish cleaning the fridge and then off to work, everybody have a great day. Love ya.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:24 PM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Guys

Sunny and Mkay!Your bedrooms are adorable....looks like a sanctuary, somewhere to be to relax and enjoy yourtime. You can come clean, redecorate my room anytime!

Mkay~I'm sorry, i didn't mean to rub it in about my hair. And thanks for the hummus recipe, i love it. I like to take a pita bread and break it up and scoop it with that. It's funny i like it because I don't like garbanzo beans at all. I've never tried to make it, seems easier to just buy it, but i may try your recipe.

Today all day I had training for the advocate and facilitator training. It's very interesting, there were 4 other girls and the coordinator. We are able to have open discussion about our experience. It's bringing up a lot of emotion from time to time, but i can see that this will be healing for me too. There was a new girl there today and she looks anorexic. I don't want to judge, but it was kind of obvious. I'm not sure what her story is, but it was kind of sad. She drank diet soda and ate gum, but wouldn't even eat anything for lunch.

I woke up without a voice. That cold from a couple weeks is kind of back. I started having throat trouble yesterday at work, coughed, hacked all day. And then no voice and coughing really deep and icky. May still have to go see the dr.

I'm not sure what's going on with our Twins, in the playoffs i think, big deal though and on TV and messing up my Sat. TV schedule ...

I'm tired, going to bed early tonight.

No word from Lonnie.....except some forwarded emails. Big woo...
Old 10-09-2004, 11:09 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Oh My Goodness Michele! How Can You Say That About The Twins (by The Way They Lost And Are Out Of The Play-offs Now...bummer)

My Usc Trojans And Dodgers (finally) Won...yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 10-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #12  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

But the Dodgers Won!! I'm still a Dodger fan.

Oh, guess who called me this a.m. Lonnie is on his way from WA to Montana. We had a nice chat, nothing too exciting. But I was happy that he called.

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 10-10-2004 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:37 PM   #13  

Default Sunday and Lovin It!

Hi...

Bill Johnson from FL was at our church today for our service; he's a prophetic man and had some prophesies for some people. Gee, the service lasted over 2 hours...weee!!! Fun! DH is working at the duplex today. The people are moving in today and he "just" got most of the new cupboards up and he still needs to put down the floor, put in the fridge and plywood the countertops.

Sweet me, brought him a lunch made with much love and then I headed home...uhhhh...well, not "exactly" home...the Goodwill store is on the way and I haven't been there in ages. The clothes are in the washer as I write.

I picked up a jazzy CD of Christian music, a cassette tape of the Sweet Comfort Band (thought I'd try it). Got a skirt, 3 shirts, slacks for work, get this...a coffee mug that says "Shepherds" on it. How funny. I also picked up a sexy black shirt for some evening when DH comes home tired from working...

Mitchy- Hey a call no matter exciting or not is better than no call at all. I was only kidding about the hair. My oldest daughter has a wonderful head of hair that lays just right and always looks good. She did NOT get that from me.

Bunna- Yikes...sorry about the knee and "water" thing. I have a hard time drinking it as well. Let's challenge each other to drink at least 2 really big glasses tomorrow. It's a start. Yeah, you ought to see that bedroom this minute. I still haven't made the bed yet and probably won't either.

Fish and veggies for dinner tonight. Hopefully DH will be home while it's hot.

I'm going to go and have a glass of that icy cold water right now.

Hugs,
Old 10-10-2004, 08:08 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals-- I have been down at my daughter's sports banquet all day. Her college has it each year, breakfast, church service, then awards for all the sports from the previous year then lunch. She picked up her All American Scholar Athlete awards from her college, the GSAC conference and the NAIA small college division...plus she gave the beginning prayer (she looked GREAT but sounded nervous---TOTALLY gets that from me...a small gift I gave my kids...scardy cat to speak in front of an audience) a great prayer though!! Fun day, my ex wife and I rode together, Angie had another soccer game to go to for her daughter. Our son has an 8 o'clock soccer game tonight...but the DODGERS are copming on so....I might not make it!! Angie is working on putting together her booth for next weeks street fair (her/our first) she is going to try and sell some journals and other things...she still doesn't have her web site up yet. My daughter has been journally her food and it has really helped with her IBS problem...seeing some patterns develope. Well gotta go help Angie with the booth (home trial set-up)! Enjoy your week...Gary
Old 10-10-2004, 08:46 PM   #15  

Good morning from Suffolk in England. I hope you don't mind me popping in for a lurk?
I have often noticed the thread title and at last this morning (01:41hrs...can't sleep!) finally clicked on the link. I usually hang around the Around the world with 80 chicks thread and don't find any spare minutes to investigate other threads!! I hope to get back and see where you all started, so forgive me if its a while before I return!!!

Meanwhile, everyone take good cae. God Bless! Oh and I have just found out it is The Month of Guardian Angels in the Christian calender....good oh! I think I need a whole flock to look after me at the moment! (DO they come in flocks???!!)
Closed Thread