Old 10-07-2004, 03:10 PM   #1  
PamPSM644

Cool Trying to keep busy

So I won't notice how empty I am. I live by the clock waiting for meal time and plan in advance what it will be.Have you seen that add about diets on TV where the woman is looking in the frig talking to herself.She wonders how many cals condoments have and thinks maybe she could lick the feet of the plastic golfer decorating a piece of cake.Been there.Done that.Got the T-shirt.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:37 PM   #2  

Sounds like my life...

My obessive side mentally catalogs the contents of my fridge in order of caloric value from least to greatest. When I feel like my stomach is going to digest itself unelss I eat something and it's not time to eat, I start with the "cheap" stuff calorie-wise to try to carry me through to the next meal. Baby tomatoes, snack size bags of carrots, tiny yogurt cups, etc. If it's after dinner, I have to turn the lights off downstairs and just forbid myself from going down there again (The-kitchen-is-closed approach). That usually works at night, surprisingly, since nighttime eating is my downfall. If not, I'll go to bed. Nothing like going to bed at 6 PM to avoid a binge!

If nothing else, remind yourself how good you'll feel about yourself tomorrow having beaten the urge! There's power in beating the demons at their game.
SkinnyBoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:32 AM   #3  
beautiful

i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who will go to bed that early to avoid eating. LOL
nighttime eating is also my worst. i just went in there and had a few bites of spaghetti. i didn't get any exercise in today.... i take that back i tried about 5 min of pilates but i have no balance and i'm a wuss and i got some resistance band work in.

do you guys have hobbies? my aunt taught me to crochet when i was pregnant with my daughter. i'm working on 3 afghans right now. i'm not good but at least i'll stay warm this winter. LOL
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:47 AM   #4  

Crocheting is a great way to keep your hands busy and out of the cookie jar. I taught myself how to knit last winter, but realized the fun for me was mostly in buying all the stuff and proving I could do it. I am now the proud owner of a lovely 6-inch long scarf.

I was humbled by reading some of the posts tonight about exercise (I'm horrifically lazy), so I ran downstairs and hopped on my elliptical machine. Probably the only good thing about being overweight is that my parents are so worried about me that they buy me great gym equipment for Christmas. It's like my very own 24 hr fitness, only with more guilt attached for not using it since I basically just have to walk 10 feet to get there.

As for the 5 minutes, Shelly, it's better than zero minutes!
SkinnyBoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

If you are hungry, try to fill up with veggies instead. I eat 6 small meals a day so I am never really hungry although sometimes some bad cravings will sneak up on me. If you steam some veggies, like broccoli, green beans or brussel sprouts or snack on uncooked veggies like carrots, tomatoes, or sweet bell peppers, they'll fill you up and their calories are super low. Protein also helps fill you up so make sure your meals have at least some protein in them.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:57 PM   #6  
beautiful

sbp------ i'd love to have my own gym. but we have NO room as it is. i have a stair machine... but i dont know where it is, i think its in my storage room. my stationary bike is out on the porch because there is no room in the house.

i finally finished 2 afghans a while back. they are baby sized though. but i also like buying the stuff. i get bored witih things so fast. i'll do something for a while, move to something else without even finishing what i started. and then a while later i'll go back and work on whatever it was i started. i've been working on the main afghan for over a year now. LOL it was supposed to be a christmas gift for my son last year. maybe i can get it done this year.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote