Old 10-04-2004, 08:32 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Talking How Is Everyone? (I Care!)

Hey Everyone,

It seems like it's been a few months since we all really caught up, you know? I miss it. Just chatting used to be so important to us, let's bring it back!

School is school, SSDD, you know that story. I'm doing really well in all my classes, like 95% and up. It's homecoming week so things are a bit crazy, but I'm having a good time making a float and I'm going to paint my aunt's flowershop window with some other orchestra friends. It's fun; even though our team is going to get slaughtered.

Still babysitting here and there too for extra $$$, it's fun and I love the kids.

And I got the cello solo for the orchestra fall concert!

I've also gotten up every Mon-Fri. to work out at 6 a.m. since school started, minus last week because I was sick. I started up again today. I'm so proud of myself.

Now, it's everyone elses' turns! Come out, come out wherever you are!
Old 10-04-2004, 08:49 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Apryl,
Good work at getting up early to get to workout! For me, 6am is a normal wake up time, I really miss when I was going to college and could wake up at 8am. I understand how hard it is though, I tried getting up early before (around 4:30 am) to get to the gym but I couldn't hang.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Apryl!!! It HAS been a long time hasn't it? I am so proud of you for getting up to exercise! You seem very busy! That is really great. I am so very proud of you. Keep up the great work.

As for me, I've been busy getting ready for my sisters wedding. I have lost all of the weight I set out to lose to get into the dress + 25 pounds more so I am pretty happy. Other than that, work has been work SSDD just like you! I haven't been hanging out here too much lately, work is actually busy now so I don't have a lot of time during the day to get here and at night, I try, to be all domestic-like and do my house cleaning, cooking and getting prepared for work the next day.

I am glad to see that you are doing well.. You know you're one of my favorite gals!! Have I told you how proud of you I am with your exercising!! Really, I am!

So how is everyone else?
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:40 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Apryl!

It HAS been a long time! I know you've been crazy with school. My daughter is a year younger than you and is in the same boat...band, color guard, volunteering, keeping her grades up, etc. etc. Makes me tired just looking at her!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:51 PM   #5  
Abby's Mommy

SSDD?? Am I missing something?

Im glad to hear that you are doing so well in school Apryl! I always wish that I hadnt pissed away my free ride to college. Please keep up the fantastic work!!

Gretchen--you are amazing girl!! You've really just melted away!! ( Well...I guess you've really WALKED them away!!) So, so proud to know ya!!

As for me, well I've been BUSY!! My mother is on vacation, and I've taken over her daily routine. I live 10 mins from her house, and I feel like I've been over there 1,000,000 times this week. Feeding the doggies, giving my great aunt Jane her medication, and running her to the store, picking up nephew from school, taking him home later, giving Jane her night meds.....and so on and so forth! It never ends. Plus this whole time I'm dragging a 16 month old in and out of the Jeep 1,000 times! UUGGGG! Its really too much for me somedays. Oh, well. Enough of the pity party!

Have a good week everyone!!

Last edited by Ivanna B. Skinny; 10-04-2004 at 09:56 PM.
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:18 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

SSDD = Same Sh## Different Day. And the same goes for me

I have really been struggling lately. I'm still hanging in there and I think the weekend get together coming up is going to be the shot in the arm that I need to get the ball rolling again.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:34 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi there everyone!!!! Great Thread Apryl!!!!

I am doing pretty well. Today started Week 3 of being back on plan. I am doing well. Lost 10.9 lbs so far (don't you just LOVE the first few weeks of being back on plan!!!). I also have been really focusing on exercise. I have been monitoring my heart rate to make sure I am in my fat burning zone.

I only work Monday and Tuesday of this week. We are taking a mini vacation. Going no where special, just loads and loads of family time. Wednesday is the zoo, Thursday is bowling, Friday is the movies, and Saturday is outside yard work. It'll be so nice to spend some extra special time with Jacob and Steve. Sometimes we get so caught up in the every day duties that we miss out on really enjoying each other.

Since I am back at the YMCA, I signed Jacob back up for swimming. He loves that so much.

Apryl - How great that you have been getting up at 6:00 am. That's a great habit to form. Keep it up!!!

Nelie - CONGRATS on being under 300!!! WOW!!! That is just great!!! I am a few pounds behind you, but girl we can do this!!! I am very proud of you!!!

Gretchen - When is your sisters wedding? I love Weddings, especially when you look great in the dress!!! Good Job!!!! You have done well!!!

Jennelle - Glad to see you!!! What's up with you girl???

Ivanna - Just reading your post made me go want to take a NAP!!! Oh my!!! That's quite the endeavor you took on. Bet you can't WAIT until mom gets home!!!!

Howie - When is your guys' get-together? I know it's this month. Isn't it odd the way some days you breeze through and some days are a real struggle? Sometimes I just don't get it. Like today, Breeze, yesterday was brutal. Hang in there!! Every day is a new chance to get it right!!! You CAN do this!!!!

How about everyone else???
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:47 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Well, I just never get around to participating in these chat threads, so here goes!

Things are very hectic at work -- I'm in HR at a technology company, and I'm in heavy-duty recruiting mode. So that's work. My partner started a new job a couple of months ago, and she's had some travel...she's a DM for a retail company...and now she's off to Vegas for just over a week. I really love her and we really are best friends and partners, so it just sucks when she's away. We have 8 animals, so there's an awful lot of work to do for one person to take care of them and keep the house as clean as we like it (while working overtime with a 45 minute commute!).....so at least I'll have plenty of stuff to do with my time while she's gone! I got my Leslie Sansone Walkblaster ramp package, and I'm really enjoying it! I've walked 9 miles in the last 3 days, which is no small feat for me considering how bad my breathing got. I'm working with a doc to figure out what's going on besides asthma (it seems to have come back after 25 years of easy breathing) and it's turning out to be a slow process. I'm happy to report that the two inhalers I'm using are definitely helping. My appt. with the pulminary doc for a lung capacity test is in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping that will provide some answers. I'm loving the fall, but dreading the inevitable purchase of new clothes that will only prove temporary. (Sorry if I sound ungrateful, but it's starting to get expensive!) I did break down and get some stuff this weekend; a couple of nice tops (on sale) from Jones New York, and a couple of lightweight sweaters and 3 pairs of pants from Dress Barn. I just can't see spending money on clothes now, but it really does go so far to keeping your motivation and energy up, doesn't it? And also you have to actually be clothed to go to work. I'm a 16 in some pants and an 18 in others (both "average" not "wide" because I carry my weight in my stomach not my hips and thighs.) In tops I range from a 14/16 to an 18/20, depending on cut and fabric. I splurged on a haircut and a color with highlights, and I'm so glad I did. I've been trying to do it myself to save money, and it's just looked like crap for a long time now! I'm serious, some kind of hair INTERVENTION was in order! I got a pretty drastic change and I love it! It's TOM week, so I might not do a weigh-in this week. I'm not sure. I've never skipped one yet, so I probably won't start now...but who knows? I seriously doubt if seeing no change would demotivate me....but I guess I'll see how I'm feeling later. Ok, that's me!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:02 PM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hey Sandi great news on the loss. Our weekend get together is October 16th and 17th in Pittsburgh.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Apryl, you'll have to take a photo of the window to share with us as well as the float.

Sandi, wow, you go girl! You are truly an inspiration to us all. Glad Jacob is having fun swimming. I'm in a water aerobics class at the Y that's followed by little kids' swimming lessons. They all look so cute (but cold!) out there in their little swimsuits.

Amy Jo, you're making me tired! Your Mom does this every day (without the toddler, of course)?

Howie, you'll get back into it. Everyone lapses. You'd be perfect if you didn't, then we'd have to stick you in a museum. Or at least that's why my mother always said.

Sarah, have you tried a consignment store for clothes? Some of the "better" shops, like the ones run by Junior League, have great used clothing at good prices.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:41 PM   #11  
Exercise Vidiot

DH and I moved to Kauai in August so DH could start a new job. It has been a hectic few months, looking for a house to buy, and one to rent until we find the one to buy. Anyway, we are now in escrow on our very first home, which is very exciting but also scary! I am looking for a new job, which is proving to be very difficult out here. In the meantime I don't want to pay for a gym membership, so I'm just working out to my DVDs. DH is on a business trip for 3 weeks right now, so I'm alone in a place where I have no job or friends yet, and it's not like I can drive to see my family in California because I'm on an island!
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:03 PM   #12  
I climb mountains!

Hi Fitbabe! Congrat's on both the move and your new home! How about walking/jobbing/running in your neighborhood? Or looking into some volunteer work for a cause or organization that's important to you? Or temping while you're looking for perm work? Or looking online for a walking/hiking/ecology/whatever group close to you -- maybe there's some group of people joining for some activity that interests you. I'd check out the bulletin board at a community center, college, cafes, or the Y also -- anyplace people gather and notices are posted. All of these would provide a means of meeting folks in your new home and then at least you'd be interacting with other real, live people! Good luck!
Old 10-05-2004, 04:05 PM   #13  
I climb mountains!

Oh, and SANDI -- CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WONDERFUL ACHIEVEMENT!!!! I couldn't be happier for you!!! Big, big hugs and high-fives to you!!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 05:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Hey all.

I've had a rough few weeks, broke up with my boyfriend and just generally sad about it. We're still good friends but any breakup is going to suck. Anything ending is sad, ya know? but, I will live. School has been crazy as anything, luckily in two weeks we have "midsemester break" and I get to go HOME!!! I miss my doggie, and kitty, and oh yeah, I miss my family too.

Apryl, great job with the grades and the working out. Now THAT'S motivation. I could never get up at 6 am!

Gretchen, when's sissy's wedding? I can't wait to see pictures of the marvelous event.

Ivanna, EEEEK BUSY!!!!! hope things cool down soon.

Sarah, I know what your'e talking about. I've been trying to limit myself to TJ Maxx and Marshalls (They actually have some great stuff!!) and thrift stores. I don't want ANY excuses, nor do I think I will stay this size. Great job on being a 16! I am so proud of you, my corner dude. I'm sorry you're lonely without DP. I'm up for that Mt. Vernon coffee trip anytime!

Fitbabe, Kaui, wow!! You must get island fever, but do you love living in hawaii or no?

Sandi, I am so proud of you. BIG HUGS!!!! You can do this.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:14 PM   #15  
Live for the Moment!

Great thread! It seems like we've all lost touch lately! Thank you for starting this Apryl.

As for me, life has just been hectic - work is insanely busy and life has been insanely busy.. I'm still in shock that its October already.. Where is the time goin'?

Work is good, I just got a nice raise - $1.50 per hour more so its significant and db is starting on his full commission structure in just under a month so things should definetly start looking up financially. I get to go to Newfoundland in November to see my friends and family.. I haven't been home in almost 2 years so it will be very nice. I can't wait. My grandmother just got out of hospital last week and is doing well other than having some trouble walking!

As for the "plan", I as well have been struggling lately and just need a quick kick in the a$$ to get me back in action! My Tae-Bo cardio video should be here over the next couple days and I plan on staying up when I get up with Steve at 6am and doing my workout before work. That's why I've fallen off track, its the lack of exercise lately.. I've been SOOOO tired when I get home from work that I just don't feel like going to the gym. AND, if I workout first thing in the morning - I'm sure it will help keep me on plan all day.

Apryl - Kudo's to you for getting up before school and working out! So proud of you hun!

Sandi, Sandi, Sandi - Look at you! Well I think you've found you're groove! 10 lbs. that is truly amazing and I AM SOOOO PROUD OF YOU! Well done lady! Well Done!

Howie - You'll get back at it, I know you will and I WILL TOO! Hey - I'll give you a shot in the arm if you kick my a$$.. what'd ya think??!

Sarah - What is it with this time of the year and work turning into a zoo?! Hang in there!!

Dana - Oh my sweet Dana, hang in there! You're a strong girl! {I sent you a PM}

As for everyone else, I'm glad you've checked in.. We really oughta all keep in better touch ya know?!

Cheers
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote