Old 10-04-2004, 07:39 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM's #265 Monday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:01 AM   #2  

Welcome Jessica!!!!! I am Melissa or Mel SAHM of 2 Abigail...4...and Patrick (bugga)...2. THis is a wonderful group of women. I know you'll love it here.

Good Morning Ladies!

Michelle, you poor thing. I can't believe you ran out of gas...that really bites, big time. Thank goodness you only had to walk 3 blocks. Were they big blocks? I bet you wish you froze your butt off ...lol. I always say that. I wish it really froze and fell off, then that would be one trouble spot I didn't have to work on...lol Hope you got some sleep last night.

Spryng, Ahhhhh on the kittens. I am a kitten lover myself, they are just tooo cute. I bet the kids can't stop playing with them. When do you hear about that job? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Crystal, how r u this morning? did you get any sleep? I'm sorry, I didn't get those clothes out to you. I will try tomorrow. With dh away and all it was a tough weekend. I had a baptism that I had to be at early and I got us all showered dressed in our Sunday best and packed up and out the door before 9:45a.m. Anyway, I will try to get that packed up and out to you. What kind of Winter does your area of texas have. I don't want to send you anything too heavy if you don't need it. Does it get cold? LMK

Cindi, did you finish that wonderful coctail? Were you up all night after drinking it? I hope you are feeling well today.

Ricci, Congrats on the 7lb loss. You are doing awesome. Cool on the Avon products too. Hope we hear from you again soon.

Leigh, were are you? I hope you get a new computer soon. We miss you.

Kristin, I hope you had a nice weekend. How did Syd's bday party go? LMK.

Geri, how is your job going? What kind of work are you doing? I forget.

Jill, HOw r u? How long is this session of school? Did you have a nice weekend?

Deana, how r u this morn? I bet it's going to be a busier day here. You won't have to miss us that way...lol. I figured though, if I don't get on here now, I won't have much opportunity later. I must go to the gym this morning. I have to go, since I didn't go over the weekend. I don't think I will be going too often on the weekends. Were you the one who said you checked into curves and they had that High initiation fee. That's nuts!!!!! Check to see if they give certain discounts for certain types of health insurance. THe gym I go too, has a 299 dollar fee, but because I have Blue Cross insurance, they gave my only a 49 dollar fee. 251.00 differnce, I take that. I wouldn't have joined otherwise. I feel like you give them that for nothing if you know what I mean. Anyway, check into that or ask them to call you if and when they are offering any specials, like waving the fee or reducing it to 5 or something. they have specials now and then.

Penny, how r u today? Have you exercised yet? I bet you are doing it now, If you havne't all ready. AND IF YOU DIDN"T, I'll have to Kick your butt! BUtt, I don't think I'll have to do that, cause I Know you'll do what you've got to do.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:21 AM   #3  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

I'M A NEW MOMMY AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so not really.....but my chicks hatched over the weekend, starting yesterday. We had 4 hatched when we went to bed last night and this morning we had 16. There are still 2 more working their way out, so I'll be a new mommy to 18 before too long.... . They are soooooooooooo cute. I'm going to take them into preschool and then the elementary for the boys' classes on Wednesday afternoon. The kids get such a kick out of them. I took some in last time I hatched, which was a year and a half ago.

Penny: Hope you had a nice Sunday. What are the details on the weekly challenge for this week? And am I ineligible since I'm such a sponge on the water anyway... ? I've been making sure I get 100 oz down every day. I missed by some a couple days last week because of my ear bothering me and being gone, but the last 4 days have been 100. WI is tomorrow, I can't wait.

Spryng: You're a new mommy again too!!!!! Only you have 2 with four legs and I have 18 with two legs... . Ricci is right, they pretty much train themselves, you just need to show them where you are going to keep the litter box. It's instinctive. Did you get to read that article? LMK if you need it again.

Geri: Have fun canning those carrots. I really wish I had gotten a better garden this year. Last year I put up soooo many tomatoes I saw red for a month. We had 12 plants last year that produced very, very well. Now.....GET BACK ON PLAN or I'm going to Kansas to pick up Spryng and we'll both come after you...ROAD TRIP!!!!! . We all know you can do it. You are right, you didn't work this hard to backslide.

Crystal: So glad you enjoyed Olive Garden. We don't get to go to places like that and Red Lobster partly because of how expensive they are but they are also about 50 miles away from here. 8th baby, I still can't get over that. I have half that many and wouldn't have another if my life depended on it.....lol. I loved being pregnant but these 4 keep me plenty busy.

Chris: Hope Nichole gets to feeling better soon. How soon are they expecting frost there? Hope it's soon. Too funny that dh bought a Jeep. I was readding in Reader's Digest the other day and on one of the things where people send in funny stories, there was one that this guy ws driving behind another vehicle when he noticed the license plate said BAA BAA, then he look up and realized it was on a black Jeep.....BAA BAA BLACK JEEP...... . Just tooooooo funny.

Cindi: Glad Christian is back to himself, hope you are too....lol. UGGGGHHHH!!!! on your drinking yesterday. Hope your surgery goes well today. Let us know how it all went. I'll be thinking about you today.

Ricci: on the 7 lbs. on finals this week. WTG on the craft fair and Avon stuff. Keep it up girl, you can do it!

Jessica: Welcome!!! I am Deana, 36, almost 37 yo sahm to 4, Erik 16, Andrew 8, Matthew 7 and Abby 4. This is the greatest group of women you will ever meet. This is what keeps me going. I am counting calories, excercising and drinking 100 oz of water daily. Be sure to check in often, as during the week this thread goes wild and it's hard to keep up sometimes.

Michelle: Just count running out of gas as daily excercise . Next time you may think about running out further away from home.... . And I'm with Mel, I wish mine would just freeze off and go away too. If it gets really cold that may be where you'll find me, trying to see if it will work......LOL.

Mel: I didn't even ask Curves if they took insurance. If they do I'm sure I would have to go to my doc and get a referral or something for being obese. I may have to check into that, thanks for the idea. I do see now and then where they advertise waiving the startup fee, so I may wait to try to catch that too. For now it will be the WATP.

Well, dh is on me to make phone calls for the business so I better get off here and do that, before he has a fit . Dd has school today and I have errands to run like getting food for the new babies and t.p. for the bathroom since I forgot it the other day when I was at Walmart. Plus I need th check on a new phone....uggghhh....I've been putting it off cuz I don't really use it much, but this one jsut isn't working right any more.

Check in later.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:02 AM   #4  

Deana, they don't take insurance, they just give a discount for certain types of insurance. The insurance company doesn't pay anything. Does that make sense?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #5  

Happy 4th Birthday Nicholas!!!!!
Old 10-04-2004, 10:17 AM   #6  

Thanks Mel. Yes that makes sense and I will check into it later today, probably after I drop Abby off at school.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICHOLAS !!!
Old 10-04-2004, 10:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Tanner slept to almost 9 this morning!!! I couldn't believe it, but I feel well rested because of it, lol.
I don't have much planned today. I have to go get stamps some time this morning and then I'm home all day. I'll be cleaning some and crocheting.
Not sure about dinner yet. Since I had pasta last night maybe I'll do cube steaks and potatos tonight or something. What are you all planning?
Where has the QOTD been lately?

Deana, chicks are soooo cute!!! Congrats on your new babies! LOL! Hey maybe you can bring them over for a playdate with the kitties, lol. And no, I didn't get to read that article because I could never figure out how to rotate it, lol. And count me in on that ROAD TRIP!!!! Geri we are coming to get you!!!!

Mel, I should hear about the job in the next week or so. It doesn't start until november so they have lots of time to contact me. I'm not really worried about it though, I know it will happen if it's meant to be and if not then I'll just start on a plan B.

Michelle, you are a brave woman!! If I would have run out of gas at night I would have sat in my van until someone came and brought gas, lol... like my DH! lol. I have road hazzard on my van so if I run out of gas I just call them and they will bring gas to me for free. But because your body was cold it had to work extra hard to retain heat so guess what?? You burned more calories than usual!! So there is an upside to this, lol. Glad you got home safe.

Welcome Jessica! So glad you found us! Sorry about all the confusion on the mom's losing weight board. We created that board mainly for putting pics up, chatting and recipes, this thread is where we meet daily so feel free to post often and we can't wait to get to know you better!

Ok Geri, I'll let you start today, lol. How is it going? Did you start today? Huh? Huh?! Can I bully you? Just thought I'd ask, lol. And yes that lady on desperate housewives that had the boys cracked me up too, especially when she punched her dh! LOL!!! he deserved it, chance it my butt, lol.

Ok, I better get off here and get my day started. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:21 AM   #8  

Spryng: I'm going to scan it the right way and send it again.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies!

Ok Mel,
You better have gotten to the gym! I only ended up with 26 minutes of exercising this am b/c my inlaws dropped in But I am gonna do some this evening to make up the difference! When does hubby get back in?

Spryng,
Great job on the site BTW I am gonna post some recipes on there now Good luck with the job! I know everything will work out Congrats on the kittens They are pretty easy to train.

Deana,
Ok the Challenge for the week: Penny, Kristen, Melissa... so far..... 4 out of 7 days of exercise at least 30 minutes.. and a minimum of 64 oz. water And b/c of Cindi's surgery she is challenging but doing her own thing, water and no chocolate.

I AM KEEPING YOU IN MY PRAYERS TODAY CINDI!!!!!

Crystal,
Where did you run off to girlie? Thanks for starting the new thread

Michelle,
We know you are off today so come see us Hope you are having a great day! I am so sorry about the gas...

Ok I am in with you guys to go get GERI!!!!!!! We are after you!

Leigh,
Ok Girlie.. No holds barred! We are gonna go by and pick up Geri and then we are coming after you next!

Kristen,
I am keeping my eye on you this week You can do this girly!

Chris,
How is Nicole feeling this morning? Hope she is better

Ricci,
WTG Idaho! On the weight loss! Awesome

Jill,
I am gonna miss you today girlie Have a great day at school!

Jessica!
Welcome! I am sooo sorry I didn't give you a direct link Scatter brained mommy Welcome ! It is great to have you here

Hi out there to Di, Angel, Mindee, Emily, Amy, AmyMichelle, Melinda, Ginny, Jaymi, Cheri, Julie

OK I gotta go shower and all that good stuff Hope you all have an awesome day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:20 PM   #10  
**Kristin**

hello ! Back from the whirlwind weekend! I was having major COmputer porblems thursday night thru Saturday, turns out my modem was malfunctioning...but I am so glad we got it fixed quickly! Not that I would have been here sat or sun anyway
Sydneys party went AWESOME! She had so much fun, was so nice and thanked everyone after she opened each gift..it went so smooth! I can't wait to get the pics, I will definately post them! I am starting our little challenge today, right? well I am!! LOL! I have already had my small glass of juice and now its on to water! Probabaly no exercise today, sydney is feeling stuffy and coughing a little, so I'm gonna let her veg and just play with all her new stuff ! I think its just a little fall cold....but I don't want it to last! Anyway, I have been on here for a REALLY LONG time getting all my ebay taken care of and my regular email, checking sam, allie and Fieldons site and such..so I will get personal later! Missed you all this weekend, and hope you all have a wonderfuil start to your week!
I will be back at nap time, if not sooner !
TTYL!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER !!!!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:56 PM   #11  

Hi ,
Nice to meet everyone. looks like it gets pretty busy around here (lol). How is everyone day going so far is pretty good. Doing good on my diet so far . Sometimes being a mom is so hard. And losing weight is even harder. Well maybe not ( lol). Just wanted to pop in and say hi.
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:08 PM   #12  

ok I was brave and put my pic up.
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:08 PM   #13  

Kristin......DID YOU GO TO CHECK OUT A GYM>>>>>I'm hounding like I said I would....You better at least make some phone calls. Don't forget to ask about insurance discounts.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:09 PM   #14  

Jessica, nice to see that you made it to the next thread. We start a new one each morning, so if you can't find us, just look for the day.. Have a good day. BTW, nice picture.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:11 PM   #15  

Ooops, me again, I forgot to let Penny know, and all of you too, that I DID get to the gym and got in my exercise. I only got in 25minutes also, but I did it. TOmorrow, I meet with a personal trainer, to show me the ExpressLine. It's a circuit just like at curves. Anyone else going to going to join in the challange for exercise 4 days a week?? Let us know.