Old 10-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #1  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Default Good News / Bad News

First, the good news! I entered my first competitive walking race today. I thought it would be fun, a beautiful day outside, in wooded surroundings. I mainly wanted to use the timing system to see how fast I was walking. There were about 400 walkers and I have to say, I was a little intimidated to see the "Professional" walking clothing and shoes worn by thin well muscled women, if you can picture it. Well, the race started and I got moving at my usual pace, maybe a bit faster because I am competative and I didn't want them to think the fat women was going to end up at the very end of the pack! Ready for this? I finished 6th! 6th of over 400 people! I almost fell over when they told me as I came across the line. Who says fat chicks can't be fit? My 6th place ribbon will forever remind me that you can do anything you set you mind to, no matter what the circumstances! I hope those skinny chicks who were giving me the dirty eyeball get that too!

Now the bad news? I felt so good after leaving there, that I came home and grabbed my dogs for a hike. We walked in the woods to a river bed where the dogs can swim. I slipped on a rock and ended up with a piece of stick embedded in my hand. My hand went straight down on it and the stick got stuck half way in. I got it out and it didn't bleed much. But now I have pieces of stick deep in my hand and I can barely move my fingers to type this. I'm hoping thats because of a sprain and not more serious damage. My Dr. says he will see me in the morning. Ugh! Well, I least I have a pretty pink ribbon to console me!

Us fat chicks can do anything!

Shell
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:51 PM   #2  
Slowly Changing My Life..

S/C/G: 250/239.8/145

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats on the race finish, that is awesome. I'm so sorry to hear about your hand though, I hope it isn't too serious and will heal up for you quickly. Keep us posted! I'll keep you in my thoughts.

~P
TXMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

That is FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations! I am hoping to do my first walk very soon! I did a 10 mile walk (non-race) Yesterday. I felt on top of the world. Its truly an amazing feeling to be fit isn't it? AND YES! We can do ANYTHING! I am so proud of you. I hope your hand starts feeling better too!

Hey Look everybody, OUR GIRL FINISHED 6th!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:09 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

OH MY GOSH, SHELL!! 6th out of 400+ people?!?! Good lord, you're a walking machine!!! I'm so proud of you and SO excited that you did that!! Way to REPRESENT, girlfriend!

Now, on a serious note.....jeeeeeez, that's just awful about your hand. I'm so sorry that happened! Scary. I'm sure it must hurt. I know you're going to see the doc tomorrow, but did he give you any counsel in the meantime? Aw, I'm really sorry that happened to mar your day, but in the words of a wonderful old Irish woman I loved very much, someday this experience will be "worth a drink on the cocktail circuit..." Hope you feel better soon and that he gets you fixed up right away. Then you'll be off walking again, you champion!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:27 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations, at least you didn't hurt your leg

I'm so clumsy, I always have things happening to me but luckily my body is pretty resilent and bounces back fairly quickly, I know you will too.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 06:53 PM   #6  

Congrats on the race, what an amazing nsv! Let us know how your hand is! Hope it's nothing much!

Blessings,
bella23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:42 PM   #7  
beautiful

yay!!! i am soooo proud of you. 6th place of 400 is sooo awesome!!!

and OMG about your hand. my stomach is feeling all yucky just reading it. i hope its nothing serious and can be taken care of soon. keep us updated on it.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Wow! What a wonderful feeling that must have been (coming in 6th, not getting your hand stuck)! You better frame that ribbon.

I'm sorry about your hand. I hope it doesn't hurt too much and gets better soon.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Tell us more about the race!!! It is just so totally amazing. 6 out of 400! Can I just tell you how happy and proud I am of you! That is such an accomplishment. I just had to come back and post again!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:18 PM   #10  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Hey Chicks!

Well, I soaked my hand like the dr said and found a hunk of stick in there. So I went the the ER and they pulled it out. Im all bandaged up with a puncture wound and a sprauned wrist. Feeling much better now! /thanks for all the will wishes!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #11  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

Awwww, Shell....you poor pumpkinhead! Yikes, what a day -- an emotional rollercoaster! I'm so glad that's taken care of -- I was worried about it. (I kept thinking about you during dinner after I told my sweetheart about your accomplishment!) Thanks for sharing an update! Now you can just concentrate on your victory and how impressively you beat the pants off the other 394+ competitors. (Including those in size 4 shorts! )
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:24 AM   #12  
Live for the Moment!

Shelley,

What a major accomplishment!!! I'm so very proud of you! Good job! 6th out of 400?!?!?! That's something to be very proud of! You must feel fantastic..

So, when's the next one?!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 201/201/110

Height: 5'1"

WOW that is awesome! 6th out of 400!!! That is great! Tell us more about it! Are you going to do anymore? That is just so cool! You must have felt so happy after that! I am glad you got your hand looked at and fixed, ouch though!
chelle567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 07:41 AM   #14  
There is no try, only DO

6 out of 400.. that's just phenominal.. congratulations!!!

I hope your hand heals soon (ouch )

Heather
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:40 AM   #15  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

6th place is so awesome!!! Congratulations!

I hope your hand heals fast!!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote