Old 10-03-2004, 08:00 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM's #264 Sunday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:07 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Sunday Morning

Hi all, sorry I didn't get back on here yesterday. We made it a lazy day until we went out which we never found a sitter so we took the kids to the Olive Garden with us and then to Toys R Us, they were having a huge sale, each kid picked out a little toy then came home. We all did very much enjoy it, I know the kids sure enjoy going with us rather than staying with a sitter so it was nice and I told dh on the way home, Happy Anniversary, and he said it was a suitable way to celebrate it with the whole family.
Anyways, got in bed right after 1100 and Andrew only woke up once and went back to bed easily. So all in all, slept well. Hope everyone else slept well.

Spryng, sister is totally ready to have this. Yes she has them at home totally natural and I doubt I'll be there for this one. I wasn't there on her last 3 but went right after she had them. And she lives an hour away so we'll probably go the day after she has this one so we can spend some time there.

Mel, hope you got some sleep.

Michelle, way to go on the binkine. You are sneaky, that's an extra added bonus that comes with being a mom.

Hi to Penny, Geri, Deana, Chris, Amy, Jill and everyone else out there in sahm world.

Well, dh is going to be gone most of the day and I thought about going to my sisters to visit but haven't decided to just yet. I'll be around later. TTYL
Old 10-03-2004, 08:49 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning

Michelle! Hey Girlie I just luv your Allie Blinkie Too cute!!! How is the Night the Light going? Have you gotten anywhere for one in your area? I have been making a little progress here for the Kidney Walk. I will be walking the one in New Orleans at the end of the month so I'll hit you up soon ...hehe I have been contacting kidney offices and dialysis for help forming a committee. I got a response back from a social worker at one of the offices and she has volunteered to help! YAH! So anyhow, she said that they raise money every year for the walk in New Orleans so they would love to be involved So exciting Anyhow, Congrats to Taylor on the binkie YAH! Did you get Teagan's gift yet??

Crystal,
So glad you had a good night with the family! Can't wait to hear about your sister's baby! Exciting

Well I need to get my church stuff together so I will check in later on this afternoon HAVE A GREAT DAY
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Sunday Morning.

It doesn't feel like Sunday here. And yesterday felt like a weekday to me, weird.

Spryng: If you have MS Picture viewer or any photo type program you can save it to your puter and go in and open it in the photo program then rotate it. If this is too confusing because of the way I typed it, let me know. I can always scan it the other direction but then it would be 3 emails, 1 for each page. LMK.

Michelle: 10 hours....you are a workaholic lately lady. Hope you were feeling better yesterday to have to work that long. WTG on the binky. I know it can be hard to break them but I guess I got lucky, none of mine ever took one or sucked their thumb. I'm doing pretty good. I think the ear infection is gone, didn't bother me much yesterday and now my biggest thing is to clean. My kitchen is horrible and the day before yesterday my balance was off because of my ear so I tried not to be on my feet too much. Didn't want to fall and break something that was already cracked .

Crystal: Sounds like you had a wonderful time last night. I'm wiht the dh about it being appropriate to take the whole family, after all the two of you getting married is what started the whole thing . Sounds like you slept well too.

Penny: Have a good morning at church. ttyl

Geri: The weather is cooling off everywhere isn't it? We made it to 63 yesterday and it's supposed to be around 75 today and 65 tomorrow. We still need to finish off the garden as far as mowing it off. I picked 17 bell peppers yesterday and they plants ar still loaded......so I'll have lots in the freezer for winter. I didn't get as much as I wanted to out of the garden this year because it was so wet in the spring then dh's tiller broke, so the weeds kinda took over. I usually can everything I can get my hands on but didn't this year. Only thing I got was enough tomatoes to make a little BBQ sauce, bell peppers and a little corn. I guess next year I'll have to pull all the weeds by hand if it's too wet to till...and maybe in the rain . Hope you get your deck done and ready for winter. It'll be here before we know it .

Hello to everyone else....Jill, Cindi, Chris, Amy, Amy Michele, Ricci, Leigh, Julie, Kristin, Cheri, Jaymi (Where are you? Hope you weren't affected by the hurricanes, let us know you're ok), and any one I missed . Better get to cleaning my awful kitchen.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Deana I'm glad your ear is feeling better!! I have monday and tuesday off so I'm pretty excited about that lol!!

Penny No we haven't receive Teagans package yet cant wait!! I must apologize for being so horrible on the snail mail front lately!! I feel just awful!! Sure I will donate to your walk at the end of the month. I won't be able to give much but I definately will!!
Yes I've got a couple people who are already interested in walking for LTN next year and I'm so excited!!

Crystal can't wait to hear about your sisters baby! I am at the point where I am "wanting" another baby but of course we aren't able to have another one now. Thats why we got my yugi! I just love being pregnant for the most part, except the horrible morning sickness, but too bad I'm high risk and none of my docs want me to have anymore, plus I had a lot of my cervical tissue removed due to high grade cervical displaysia (carcinoma insutu), so my cervix couldn't hold another baby in....ummm sorry I just rambled on and on lol so anyway can I live vicariously through your pregnancy?

I've been doped up since i got home last night, I've had a migraine off and on and so I took a vicodin when I got home and another this morning so I'm gonna get off the puter before I end up spewing out a novel LOL

Love to you all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:46 PM   #6  
2BoysMom

Good almost afternoon all,

Spryng, http://www.pamperedchef.com/
They sell all kinds of kitchen stuff. I have a ton of it already and love all of it. Some is very expensive but if you have a party you can get so much free and at half price depending on sales. Just like any of those home parties. I think I'll have it on a Friday night so that all of my friends with kids can come. It's too hard I think when they have to deal with getting homework done, kids bathed and things ready for school the next day plus get themselves set for work the next day too. The presentation is usually over in about an hour so it doesn't take all that long.

Penny..you busy girl! Have fun teaching today.

Crystal..glad you had a nice time celebrating your anniversary. Olive Garden here is always so busy on the weekends I hate the thought of taking my boys. When they're older it'll be another story.

Michelle...boy you've really run the gamut of medical problems hey? Hope you're feeling better today. I'm planning on getting back on track with my eating very soon. Last night it was microwave popcorn... it was gooooooood and it was NOT the low fat kind even though I have some in the cabinet .

Deana..we had lots of weeds too as this was the first year for my garden. My Aunt told me to mix Preen in when I till in the spring and that will help. I only weeded once or twice adn then just pulled out the big ones later on. I have a couple peppers left on the plants and carrots and tomatoes. I may dig up carrots later today so that Mom and I can can some more tomorrow.

Tony's going to make me lose this post so I have to run! Arrrrgh!

Leigh...COME BACK!! Hi to everyone else. I'll get down here tonight after he goes to bed.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. It's certainly quiet around here. I've been gone since this morning to visit my sister. Thought we'd get out a bit and do that today. Now we're home and I'm pooped.

Geri, the Olive Garden wasn't as crowded as I've seen it before because we went around 5 or 530 and it gets crowded about 7ish. The kids were good. Andrew got antsy after he was done and no one else was, but he wasn't bad.

Michelle, of course you can live through my pregnancy. I'm sharing as much as I can with you all. I feel the baby move alot especially after a hot bath and mostly at night anyways. I've been having braxton hicks contractions for a while now, just a few each day. I'm showing but mostly I just look fat because some maternity clothes are too big and my regular clothes can't button. I like to wear the big maternity clothes though, they're more comfy.

Okay, I'm gonna go rest my eyes before I have to cook. TTYL
Old 10-03-2004, 03:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon ladies!

Well, I guess I am the proud owner of two new additions to our family. Kittens! Oh boy! lol. Ava has been asking for one for some time now and MIL found two (she said we needed two, lol) and we just got them today. One is about 5 weeks old and the other is 7-8 weeks old. But the kids are thrilled to have them.
So anyway, I got my grocery shopping done. The kids were fantastic at the stores. Tonight we are trying a new recipe, Steak Lo-mein. Looks and sounds sooo tasty! So I can't wait to try it. Any suggestions for side dishes? or can it be a meal in itself? It has veggies in it, mushrooms, water chestnuts, carrots, etc. So should I make a side veggie too? I also found some Polenta! I'm very excited about this. I bought the mushroom and onion one.. can't wait to try it. Ok then we went to walmart and got the kitten stuff. Hopefully I'm set for them for awhile. How do you teach a kitten to litter box train? I really am not looking forward to cleaning up messes left by them. Ugh. What we do for our kids huh?
I guess that is my day so far. The kids are napping and then they get up I plan on cleaning the kitchen and living room, making dinner, and then watching some tv, Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal premiere tonight, will anyone else be watching them?

Geri, thanks for the link! I'm going to check it out right after I get done here. When you say you plan on getting back on track with your eating... I want dates!! LOL! "Soon" is not a date, lol. Today, get back on track today! Did you watch dr.phil on friday? It was an update show on some of the weight loss challenge participants and other people who have succeeded, I know you can be one of them!

Michelle, I know what you mean about going through phases where you want another baby. DH is still going through it but thankfully I'm taking control of my own BC, lol. But definitely your health wouldn't allow another pregnancy so I agree that you and I can live vicariously through Crystal and then Kristen huh? Hope you are feeling better today and so glad tomorrow is your day off!!! Turn that phone off girl and don't let them talk you into coming in!!! And no more luck with my PC, but I haven't tried taking the 256 stick out yet, I'm going to let dh do it. I hope that works, if not then I guess I just won't play Sims 2 (boohoo!!!!! ) Have you been playing it anymore?

Deana, I can probably do that photo thing you said, I'll try it later. Did you get your kitchen done?

Crystal, your night out last night sounded wonderful! We take our kids with us all the time to those kind of restaurants. Ava has now become a shrimp lover so she loves Red Lobster. Did you get the never ending pasta bowl?? I want to do that before that offer is over. Maybe when dh comes in next week. I hope your sister has a quick and easy labor and delivery! She doesn't know what she is having does she? Keep us updated!!! Is she starting to dilate yet or does her midwife even check?

Well I'm off here for now. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 03:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Spryng OMG I just love sims 2 I build massive mansions and I have a family in strangetown and the man got abducted by aliens and had an alien/human baby!! I just about died laughing!! To me its so much better than the reg. sims and just wait til we get expansion packs!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:27 PM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Spryng, her midwife hasn't checked this time.. Not alot of use since it's the 8th, it's gonna come when it comes. Have fun with those kittens. I love cats but with dogs we can't have them. I don't like much of the pasta dishes at Olive Garden. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the chicken marsala. It is sooooooooooooo good. That's what I had. Dh had the fettucine alfredo which absolutely digusts me but he loves it. The kids don't eat weird things, they had chicken strips and fries. But they did LOVE the breadsticks. Who doesn't, right?

Okay, I've got some chicken simmering in a gravy in the crock pot, hope it's ready in time for dinner. TTYL
Old 10-03-2004, 05:08 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good afternoon, all.

I was busy at work until noon. Then after lunch we had to go pick up my husbands "ugly" mail jeep. Nice. Then I finished raking the leaves in the yard. I think that counts for exercise today.

Not much is going on. Nicole is sleeping. She woke up at 6 this morning wheezing again. I'm taking her into her doctor and see what's happening. She used to only use the nebulizer when she had a cold now it seems like we have to use it everytime she goes outside.

Well I'm out for a bit. I gotta pay attention to the DH with his little "am I being ignored?" questions. TTFN
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:37 PM   #12  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey girls!

I am having great fun on my liquid diet. The popcorn the kids are eating sure smells heavenly!

Chris...my ds has asthma and his flaired up much worse in the fall when ragweed season peaked. I think that is what Nicole may be going through, some type of seasonal pollen. What his doc did for him was to give him liquid albuterol daily until after the first frost killed most of those things off, so it might be worth mentioning to your Pediatrician. Sounds like something that is preventive would be the way to go right now. Poor baby!!!

Christian is his happy ole self again, thank goodness!

Crystal...Olive Garden I sure could enjoy that about now. I am really not doing too bad so far, but what choice do I have. I always thought of fasting, but for spiritual purposes, not THIS!! It may become spiritual before the day is out and I am saying, "Why me, Lord?"

Spryng...glad you are back and posting again! I'd make that dinner a one dish meal if I were you. Why not make it simple.

Michelle...Glad you get days off.

Geri...Hey!!!!

Jill...Hey!!!

Deana...Hey!!!

Amy...Hey

Amy Michelle...Hey

Ricci...Hey!!!

Penny...Hey!!!

Leigh...Hey!!!

Jaymi!!! Where are you?!

DI!!!!! Where are you, too?????????

Mel...Did you exercise today??? YOu deserve a day off!

Melinda...Come back!!!

Emily...We've missed you as well!!

Kristin...Are you FLYing with DH home?

Who did I forget????

Back later, I am going to clean my room like a good little girl!!

Love and Hugs,
Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:50 PM   #13  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hang in there Cindi. Is this going down tomorrow? What liquids do you get? Pretend it's spiritual and spend as much time as you can praying in the since of the fasting is suppose to mean and you never know what may come of it.
Gonna go have dinner. TTYL
Old 10-03-2004, 06:01 PM   #14  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Unhappy ugh!!

Now I am drinking Go Lytely, a prep drink to "clean me out" ! I am supposed to drink a half gallon of this junk and it tastes like salt water!! Not that any of you wanted or needed to know this!

OH well, Chug a lug(where is the green faced puking emoticon?)
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

OK I'm back!!! Now that my kids have officially scared our kittens silly, lol... I got them out so we could all get used to one another (they are in a big cat carrier) and I thought Tanner was going to squeeze one to death and the other is so scared I have permanent claw marks in my arm, lol. I think after I put them kids to bed tonight I'll work on them some more when it's just me and them. Oh and they have names now, lol.. now remember my kids named them, lol. So the one my dd claimed is called Sarah.. she has been on a Sarah kick lately, all her babies and stuffed animals are named Sarah too and we don't even know anyone by that name, I have no clue where she heard it, lol. And ds named his Chicken... lol... I laughed. But it does fit because it is the one that is really scared around all of us. So Chicken and Sarah.
Dinner came out well. My first asian dish! And there was so much veggies in the dish I made it a one dish meal.... my kids loved it! I thought it was a little bland (good but needed something) but probably because I am used to real chinese food that is chock full of MSG and all that other stuff that is so bad for you but makes it taste soooo good! LOL! But I'd definitely make it again, maybe next time with chicken though, the steak seemed a little heavy. I'll try writing up the recipe soon and add it to our growing collection on Mom's Losing Weight Board. Speaking of that, sorry if some of you are getting so many emails of the recipes.. I've been going through my recipes I have saved in Microsoft Word and adding it to it. But I thought maybe it would be fun if each of us could add one or two recipes (for whichever plan you are on) each week and then we could all try each other recipes, what do you think?? Here is the direct link to the recipe page: http://groups.msn.com/momslosingweig...s&all_topics=0

Cindi, you poor thing!!! You are probably going to be in the bathroom most of the night huh? Is your surgery tomorrow? How will the recovery be? Are you nervous?

Chris, hope your dd gets better soon. Why is your dh bothering you when he could be out joy riding in his ugly jeep? lol

Crystal, I don't think I could not know even if it was my 8th, lol. Even with tanner I was begging to be checked as soon as possible to see if I was progressing. She is a stronger woman than me, lol. But you are right, they come when they come. I hope it happens soon, I know you said she hates being pregnant so I'm sure she's ready for it to be over already... until the 9th is on it's way Olive Garden has weird things???! LOL! That cracked me up. My favorite dish there is ravioli de portibello... mmmm... and of course the salad and breadsticks. Dh always orders stuffed chicken parmesan with spaghetti with angel hair, the kids eat the mac n cheese. Love that place!

Michelle, I am soooo jealous!!! If I live in anything but a very small house with more than 2 people the game runs super slow. So mansions and such are out of the question. Boy that makes me want to throw it out the window! LOL! But I won't since I did pay 50 bucks for it, lol. I'm just hoping we figure out why my game is running slow. What kind of graphics card do you have on your pc?? Maybe I need to buy a new card.

Well I am off here for now. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote