Old 10-01-2004, 10:56 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Talking Weighty Issues #20

WEIGHTY ISSUES #20

Welcome to the October edition of the Weighty Issues Thread.

We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:52 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I cant believe it is October already. Time flies!!!

Noelle, Have fun on vacation!! We will miss you while you are gone.

Kempy, Got any interesting plans for this weekend?

Julie, How is your son liking school? Has he made alot of new friends?

Cherie, any news on your ex yet? My prayers go out to you all.

I think my kids are going to Wendy's house this weekend but I am not sure yet.

Other than that not a damn thing planned for my weekend. I have an exciting life huh?

I hope everyone can post today.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:54 PM   #3  
Jedi

angie -thanks for the recipes they sound way yummy. My family loves teryaki. I am always looking for new ways to make the same old chicken. I think tonight might end up being a seafood night though. I've been wanting shrimp for the past week and albertsons has an awesome one day sale on shrimp and crab today. I always seem to want real butter with seafood though. I'm gonna try the butter spray stuff and keep my fingers crossed that it will be just as good. Maybe some ginger will help? any ideas?
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:12 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Boo!

Happy October 1st! Wow, it's almost the end of the year where the heck did time go? Thought I'd pop in early since I'm sure to be extra busy today. I hope to work until about 11 or so then I have to go shopping for all the little odds and ends I'll need for my trip. I tried to start packing last night but I only succeeded in making a big messy pile of clothes on my bed. Poor Rick had to excavate to find the bed . I had a great time with my girlfriends last night. I'm hoping one of them will email me some pictures because I forgot my camera . I had a portabella mushroom w/chicken on penne pasta in a light cream sauce, it was delicious! I can still taste the garlic this morning *whew*... It's funny that no matter how time passes when you get a bunch of old friends together, the dynamic of the relationship doesn't change. I was and always will be the smart@ss of the group, my best GF will be the goofy one that gets joked on all the time, and the other friend will be the loud, maniacally laughing one. My sis on the other hand, was the quiet, straight-laced one who would always tell us to "stop it", whether we were fooling around too much, making too much noise or drinking a little too much--it's great and I love them.

Angie, have a great kid-free weekend. Hey, I'm reading the Cider House Rules by John Irving and it's set in Maine...

Jess, I have one of those talking pedometers that tell you when you've reached every 1000 steps, miles walked and supposedly how many calories you've burned. I don't use it very much because I always press the wrong buttons and I have to calibrate it every single time I use it. I guess it's a little too sophisticated for me.

What's everyone else up to today? I'll be back later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey girls. I had pancakes for supper. The kids left right after school and I didnt know what to cook for just the 2 of us. I am sure my diet is hating me for the butter and sugar but they were good.

Where is everyone today? Off having fun I bet. I wished I was.

Noelle, Your get together sounds like a blast. I am glad you had fun. Are you up for a meet and greet with us this spring?
Old 10-01-2004, 07:05 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Hi Angie, I wonder where everyone else is, hmmmmmmmm???? Maybe they got lost on the old thread?

I would love to meet up in the spring...when exactly is "spring"? We don't actually go by the seasons here in Hawaii, everything about the weather just kinda blends together. I'm guessing March? I don't know if I'll be able to scrape enough money together by then (I'm still thinking I'm going to Vegas for New Years) but I will definitely try to be there. I just loved New Orleans and I'd love to meet y'all in person.

I gotta run, got banking to do still--so much for leaving the office early!

COME OUT AND POST ALL YOU SLACKERS!
Old 10-01-2004, 07:23 PM   #7  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, When would be a good time for you to have us visit? My sis has every other weekend off so I would have to go by those dates. Let me tell you she is so excited about going on a trip. I bet we can get her drunk and get her tattooed.

Noelle, I hope you can do it. It would be so fun. I have started a stash for me to bring lots of money. I put $100.00 away already for it so you know I am ready to come meet you all.

When do you leave? In the morning? Have fun.

Julie, Where are ya girlie?
Old 10-01-2004, 09:04 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls,I'm wrapping up for the afternoon (FINALLY) and I'll be going home to pack :. I was out running errands at the bank and Cal called. She said to say hello/goodbye to all of you. She was out in the middle of the desert on her way to California from AZ. We will be meeting up on Sunday and spend the day at Disneyland together. I can't wait!!!! I'm sure our kids will be excited too .

I fly out tomorrow morning and should arrive at LAX around 4 pm. So, ALOHA all. I'll talk with you all when I get back.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:56 PM   #9  

Confession time girls I forgot to add:

Supper, fried fish, french fries tons of salt.
After Dinner Supper a huge brownie topped with ice cream and about a cup of dry roasted peanuts. Ugh, I feel like a total pig! Oh well tomorrow is another day, right?

Thinking and praying for you Cherie and your family.

Hello to everyone else. Cal, Summer, Holly, Jessica, and anyone I missed. Going to try and get to bed by 11:30. Check in this weekend!
Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 01:37 AM   #10  
Jedi

Noelle - hope you have enough fun for all of us!
Julie and Angie - Not such good choices for dinner but you are totally right. Tomorrow is a new day! Which can only bring better things and more oppurtunities to do better. I'm rooting for you both!!
Julie - I completely understand about the job thing. I feel like I have put in 100 applications. A couple places have said that they would love to hire me. Which would be good except one wanted me to work for minimum wage with no tipe (I think not) and the other wanted me to work from 10:00 at night until 6:00 in the morning. Instead of thinking that I am picky I like to tell myself I have my priorities in the right place. It certainly doesn't pay the bills but it makes me feel better. Day care here for an infant is almost $1,000 a month. And that is only for one child! What is the point of working (besides getting out of the house to save my sanity). Still - GOOD LUCK!!!

I ended up with 26 grams of fat today. Which isn't too bad since I had the best crab ever tonight for dinner. Most of the fat for the day came from the melted butter that I just couldn't substitute. So just in case I was extra extra good during the day.

Hoping everyone is having a good weekend full of fun plans! Tomorrow my honey and I want to drive down to Mount St. Helens. They say that it is not done erupting so it would be pretty cool to see. I guess I'll find out. Anyway, hope everyone has a good night. - Jessica
Old 10-02-2004, 05:40 PM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good afternoon ladies!!! Jay just stopped into the local tattoo parlor to see if they would peirce Brit's eyebrow. Yep. She is shitting now!!!! She will chicken out I bet. She likes to see if we will let her do stuff and when we say sure she never does it. Maybe she will though.... I think she will look hot. She is so pretty anyways. Now that they know they will peirce them as long as we are there Alicia wants her lip done. We will have to see about that one though.

I have eaten chocolate chip cookies today. I know I need to stop sneaking things in but I am sick!!! waah waaah waaah!!!

I hope you all are having great weekends.

Julie, {{{HUGS}}} I wished I could do something to help you and hubby get along better. I think you need to really plan a mini get away with us. We can all blow off some steam together.

Jess, Have fun at Mt. St. Helens today. Be careful.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:08 PM   #12  

Wink Hello!

Hey all!

Sorry to be MIA again. Travelling for work - I was in Canada Thursday, Friday came home today and leave for Phoenix, Scottsdale and some place in New Mexico on Wednesday . I go to Baltimore at the end of October and Florida in November (is hurricaine season done by then )

Welcome Jessica - sorry I missed you in your initial introduction. My name is Summer I am 27 and have no kids, 1 dog named Fenway and a dear lovely husband! I am 5'2" and just have always been 150 or higher. My goal is 130-125. And I adore these women here on this thread! So welcome!! I hope you are staying safe in Seattle and are too far from Mt. St. Hellen to worry!

Noelle and Cal have so much Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just an FYI for Noelle - Spring for the continental 48 is March-May!

Angie I had a teeny piece of pineapple upside cake for dinner tonight. I have not had it in ages and it was so yummy! My sister has piercings (7 now used to be 12) and a tattoo that my parenst still have no idea about (and she is 26) but she took some of the piercings out because she understood interviewers would not be appreciative of her creativity coming through so LOUDLY. It doesn't hurt that she looks like Pam Anderson.

Kemy congrats on making it through the last day of work! What are plans now? for your future! I am so proud that you are doing something that you want to do so badly! Did I hear New Orleans in the Spring? When is Jazz festival? That would be way cool.

Julie patience my dear! The right job will come along and sometimes when you least expect it, through a friend, another parent in your ds pre-k...you never know! but I am keeping my hopes up for you.

Hi to Holly!

Quote:
Strive for excellence, not perfection. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.,

be well.
Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:51 PM   #13  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! anyone here??????
Old 10-03-2004, 05:21 PM   #14  
Jedi

Hello Angie! No you are not alone. We didn't end up going to the mountain becuase they upped the warning level to 70% chance of a lava eruption within 48 hours which meant that they started evacuating people. Scary. It's been 24 since it last erupted which means I don't remember at all since I was only one. It will be cool to see as long as nobody gets hurt.

Angie- I feel like I would kill somebody for chocolate chip cookies right now. It's been a full week that I have been excercising and eating well and I can feel the frustration building up. I should probably just let myself have a small something really good before it explodes into a full fledged binge. Ugh!

Summer - Wow it sounds like you have been going everywhere. I hope you made some time for fun in between all that traveling!

Last night my 16 yr old daughter, Alysha, went to the homecoming dance. So I guess it was a good thing that we didn't go to the mountain cuz it was fun doing her hair and helping her get ready. Her dad scared the **** out of the little boy though. Just for fun of course but I still felt sorry for him. He brought out the gun and pretended to be cleaning it when he showed up to pick her up. Poor little boy is only 14 with his parents waiting in the car to drive them to dinner. I hope we didn't scare him so bad that he won't call her. Luckily she is used to what smart asses we are and wasn't mad about it.

Anyway, thinking of all of you. Hoping everyone is having a great weekend! - Jessica
Old 10-03-2004, 05:24 PM   #15  
Jedi

Anybody have any low fat dessert recipes that will hopefully take care of my cravings?