Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #1  

Cool Udder Frustration in Weight Loss

That thread was getting a bit long - and sorry, this is all I could come up with.

The reason you have never heard of Himalayan Mountain dogs is because they are Burmese Mountain Dogs. duh me. I don't know where I came up with the Himalayan thing. My granddoggie visited yesterday. So did DD. I was a domestic diva yesterday evening and made a huge dinner for kids, DH, & Grandpa. Baked red snapper, rice pilaf, brussel sprouts (fish and brussel sprouts -- P-U!) salad, dinner rolls and even pie and ice cream for dessert. Grandpa & DH spent the rest of the evening yelling at George and John. I recorded it on my DVR for viewing tonight when I can have some peace and quiet.

I have a new favorite junk food. It's smart pop white cheddar popcorn. Mmmm. only 165 cal for 1 3/4 cup. Not that I stop at that.

The bad thing about starting a new thread is that I can't remember what we were talking about. Somebody come back here and remind me, please.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:31 PM   #2  

Wabbs--
Thanks for the new thread. Frankly, I don't think we were talking ABOUT much of anything. We were kind of taking turns venting!

My attention was caught by your thread title though. I've been frustrated too. Started back to the nutritionist. Here's the result of the visit: It turns out that being normal DOES still matter to me. Seems immature, but... that's how it is. It's just like that! I have NO idea what my rebellion was... i.e., NOT writing my food down, not staying within food exchange limits,--- and I'm not even going to obsess about the rebellion. I will write everything I eat. Drink LOTS of water. Stretch and walk. I will manage portions. and, I WILL LOSE THIS EXTRA PERSON I"VE BEEN CARRYING AROUND IN MY SKIN!

I do remember being impressed with Sug's account of her relatives. THERE'S A NOVEL THERE!!
Old 10-01-2004, 03:27 PM   #3  

Hey! Mount St. Helens is erupting!!! I'm going to take a drive at lunch time to see if I can see the ash plume.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:23 PM   #4  
loves kleenex box art

Wabby are you in DANGER???? Want to hide in my closet? I got plenty 'o canned food.

I am at my new job. People may now post anyday, not just Thursday, and I can read it if I want. Like Wabby. Wabby and I are just the same.

Is Bagz at her new cool business yet?
Old 10-01-2004, 04:32 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Watch out for the lava, Wabby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
The reason you have never heard of Himalayan Mountain dogs is because they are Burmese Mountain Dogs.
Well, I've heard of Bernese Mountain Dogs--they're from Switzerland originally. Those are nice dogs. I saw pictures of a breed I'd never heard of the other day: they're called Eurasiers -- look like a cross between a chow and a Norwegian Elkhound. Nice and furry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
(fish and brussel sprouts -- P-U!)
I made fish and broccoli last night; I can't believe nobody complained...

Yeah, Painty, I'm frustrated too -- by my uDDer inability to do what I need to do. Like walk or exercise. Or stop eating at some point in the evening. The only good thing about hanging around on the puter instead of doing something more constructive is that I can't actually eat and type at the same time (don't think I haven't tried though).

It's fall -- a great time to start things. The weather's still nice, so I need to

GET STARTED!!

Cowpeach, I feel your pain. How's Flawridder holding up from the twin assaults of hurricanes and political hotbeddedness?

Kiwi
Old 10-01-2004, 04:38 PM   #6  
loves kleenex box art

I am just so YAY to see Kiwi posting!!! HI Kiwi!!!.. Lemme tell u what the ediot did. Not my ediot anymore, someone elses. He went to the voter registration office and changed his party to Republican. Then he wrote a L ooooo ng editorial about how some people (inbreds) say Democrats are going to ****. He quoted scripture many times to prove HIS point. Ended it by saying that he's a Republican. For five minutes he's a Republican but he's covered either way!! I say he should still go to **** no matter what party. Can we vote on that?
Old 10-01-2004, 05:32 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

All in favor say Aye:

AYE!

What chapter was that in the bible that says Democrats are going to ****.... I'm always impressed with journalists who can really cover things so objectively. And editorials that serve the community, yep. I would hope that the community might object to his using the newspaper as his personal bile outlet. Now that you don't work for him, can you write letters to a rival publication or something and expose him for the moron he is?

I can see his point though; now that the current administration has succeeded in creating a **** on earth, we're all stuck in ****. Is that what he meant?

I have emptied the trash, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher, shifted the laundry and RSVP'd to my halfsister (had to explain to the 12 year old nephew who I was so he could give her the message -- "Aunt K-" didn't seem to ring a bell -- always fun dealing with this side of the family).

Gotta go do more stuff.

Kiwi
Old 10-01-2004, 10:02 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Where is everybody when I am bored and left on my own to surf the internet on a Friday night after a boring half of a football game in which barely anyone would speak to me (I am a pariah because I am actually willing to appear alone at a public function), except, as it turns out, other women who are alone because they are divorced. And DD's very kind dance teacher who I think feels unaccountably sorry for me, I honestly don't know why, although maybe it is just her voice which always has a sympathetic tone.

Yes, I am a sailing widow. Again. Not that I mind. Much. DD and I shared chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream after leaving the game at halftime, and she told me funny stories about the pep rally they had at her school today. They had a drag contest, one boy from each class. The one from her class won. He mugged for the judges the most. Yes, you read that right, a drag contest. Boys with balloon boobs, dresses and wigs. Isn't that great? The classes also had a truck decorating contest, just so you know that everything is all reassuringly macho. Her class won that too. They are the best class for sure.

So, anyway, what's the deal, you people have lives or something?

Kiwi
Old 10-01-2004, 10:26 PM   #9  
loves kleenex box art

I seen you on the AOL and I messenged you and you run off.

Kiwi, I have a question for you cause I know you'll know. Is there AnY danger in taking weight gain supplements such as Cyto Gainer? Lots of amino acids. Is that like Adkins or anything?
Old 10-02-2004, 01:23 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

I dint see you afore I left. Sawry.

I don't do diet supplements. If they worked so well, doctors would be prescribing them (because the point of pharmaceuticals is to make money off them without getting sued). The only danger I know of is to the pocketbook, but if you insist I will look it up.

Yer fren,
Kiwi
Old 10-02-2004, 02:24 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Just realized you said weight gain supplements! I looked it up and of course that is one of those body builder supplements. I assume you aren't thinking of gaining weight yourself... This for DS? I know lots of people take that kind of thing if they are working out regularly with weights and all. Those are really food and vitamin products; I doubt if they can do anyone any harm. Except of course if you took them and weren't working out, you'd probably gain a lot of flab!

Something to think about

Here's a specific writeup about protein supplements

Kiwi, the Helpful
Old 10-02-2004, 06:53 PM   #12  

Kiwi-- I saw you on line, too. I'm shy about IM'ing people that I know in "other venues" for come reason... but you can always check in... (though I'm sure my habit of leaving my IM up without an away message is off-putting for some.) I used to do the solo Friday night football thing, too. That was one of the few advantages of having band-geek kids... they had band-geek parents... and as long as the ex (geek too!!! and my ex-best friend <geek too>) wasn't too close, I could buddy up to somebody else. I am SO GLAD MY KIDS NO LONGER REQUIRE THAT ATTENTION FROM ME. Not to mention re-marriage.

I thought my ostracization was because of divorce... but if you are "only" a sailing widow... those other people are just conventional or scared or something.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:05 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I Am Bored Too,and If I Get My Shop It Won't Be Til February====the Current Owner Wants To Finish During The High Season====retailers Wait All Year For Christmas And It Wouldn't Be Fair To Keep Her From That!!!!---it Will Be Easier To Get Organized When It's The Dead Season Anyway===i Have One Of The Famous Cow Headaches---the Ones That Last For Days-=--lucky Me--and I Have Heartburn Too.sorry About Your Apron Gut Peachers But I Have My Own To Excise.{through Surgery Of Course}
Old 10-02-2004, 08:01 PM   #14  
loves kleenex box art

Poor teensy Bagz. You are the most beautiful of all cows. Honestly, when DS took pictures of me recently (without permission) I got SO depressed. The pictures look scary. Bagz's pictures are glamerous. Oh so not fair.

Here in Dogpatch we have a recurrent problem of kids and their parents selling fundraising junk and then not delivering it. Does this happen elsewhere?
Old 10-03-2004, 06:27 PM   #15  

I never remember what I've ordered from local kids.... I figure it's a donation. I wouldn't know bait and switch if it bit me... Unless it was a girl scout who ran off with the thin mints. Like I should be even thinking of them.

It is dim and cloudy here ("only" 5:30 pm) and I feel dim as well. I think I'll see what's on the tube or call my daughter. of course I COULD get some laundry in and start dinner. ugh.
Closed Thread