Old 09-29-2004, 04:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Another one with the blahs.

Life has been so hectic lately and I'm feeling myself slipping again. Today is the first chance I've had to even check the site.

I'm like the rest of you, when I exercise I love it but just trying to get myself to do it is another thing. Work has been so hectic lately since we lost a coworker the first part of last week (she was let go) which means myself and another one had to take up the slack. We have someone new in her place now but we are having to train her on the finer points of the job.

My vehicle went kaplooey last Thursday (something with the transmission) and I've got to get it fixed. Meanwhile Jeff has been driving his mom's car (She and his step dad have 4 vehicles between them) I had barely walked in the door Monday evening after work (with intentions of walking) and she comes over and starts hounding me about "having to get her car back". Well hello?!?!? last time I checked money doesn't grow on trees and I don't get paid until Friday. I was so mad don't get me started on that woman or you'd be here all day reading about her. Needless to say I think she's planning on paying to have it fixed for what that is worth. (She'll hold that over Jeff's head until we pay it back.)

Money is still real tight around the house. We're not even making it from payday to payday anymore. I pigged out on cookie dough (homemade) Monday night. At least I used splenda in it instead of sugar. I had a 2 pound loss for the past week and felt great until I stopped trying to force myself to exercise. I will be walking tonight when I get home tonight though.

I was doing well about having a nice routine in place after work and that kind of slipped out the door last week and I think if I can get that back, I'll feel like I'm in control again.

If you got this far, thanks for listening to my ramblings.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #2  
Getting back on track!

Smile Sending you a big hug Dawnyal!!!

Oh! I'm so sorry things have been difficult for you recently. It's funny because I was thinking about you when I was on earlier and how I hadn't 'seen' you for awhile.
You've been doing so well. You lost the 4 pounds when your home was burgled and you lost 2 pounds last week - that's an amazing feat!
It doesn't matter about the cookie dough, lets just put it down to a one off because you can and you have stayed on plan in difficult circumstances!
Some situations (or dare I say people!) try to sabotage the good things we've got going on - but you stand your ground! Don't co-operate with them or let them rob you! Give them a
Dawnyal - you're lovely! You are always positive and interested in others when you post. We think you are SMASHING!! So take care of yourself and I hope things are a bit more soon!
love Annie
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:00 PM   #3  
beautiful

i am so sorry all this crap is happening to you guys here lately. things will get better... hopefully soon.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:29 PM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Dawnyal,

Sorry you are having a bad time, hang in there and don't give up. You have done great so far ~ you can do this.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:44 PM   #5  
Live for the Moment!

Dawnyal,

I'm so sorry to hear about all the crap you're going through right now. And that's all it is is PURE crap. You know sometimes, I just don't understand why we all get thrown these curballs at once. It's very frustrating and can get very discouraging. But, from my own experience.. All I can tell ya, is kick it in the butt, focus on the positive things and stay strong!!!!

On the payday to payday thing.. I hear ya, we're in the same boat... But, you know what at least we have a roof over our head and food in the fridge right?!

As for the excercise, I've been off that boat for about 2.5 weeks now... And its sooo hard to just force yourself to pick up where you left off, but you know what? It's something we have to do and that will start making a positive change in your life. Yes, the first, second.. maybe even third time will be rough.. but it won't be as rough as when you first started excersing altogether?! And, we survived that moment didn't we?!

Let's do this one together Lady.. starting here.. We can be a shoulder to lean on... There seems to be a lot of us going through a rough time right now and a lot us having trouble staying on plan so remember... We're all in this together and WE CAN GET THROUGH THESE BLAHS!!!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I did get in a walk/run last night and Jeff is working to get the transmission fixed on my vehicle today. I even looked back over the bills and one cut-off notice doesn't happen until next week, which means jeff can pay it out of his check.
He joked the other day about finding a medicine man (he's Indian) to have this curse lifted off him. I think he was serious about it.

Last night I finally told myself that I can't let all this stress get to me and I "stepped away" from all this for a while and got some perspective on it. I know it's all going to work out in the end and we just need to take it day by day.

Thanks you gals for all your kind words of encouragement and support. I know it sure helps to keep me on track knowing ya'll are here.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:02 PM   #7  

Oh Barby, I know how you're feeling. Things can just get so overwhelming sometimes. I hate it when things start to feel out of control and you're helpless to do anything about it. Sometimes you do just have to take a step back and allow yourself to put it all in perspective. After all, things can almost always be worse right? I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now, but you are a strong woman and I know you can handle whatever life throws at you. Just remember, take one day at a time. We're here for you, take care!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Barby,

*Hugs* I hope things get better for you soon. I can relate about money, we run a pretty tight financial ship around here too.
You feel yourself slipping about your plan, but you know what? At least you had the insight to realize that you were slipping, so now that you realize it, you can take control again. I can relate, i havent been as diligent lately and its hard to exercise,..last week i only got in 2 days of Leslie!!! And now my knee hurts again. I am not going to get too down about it though.
We can do this!! We have come this far,..
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:02 PM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Sorry things are going so rough for you lately. Don't know what to tell you except hang in there. This to will pass and things will start to look up. I know that's not much help but you are in my thoughts and prayers.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:13 PM   #10  
Jennifer

Hey, just wanted to chime in to say that I think you're doing great. It's hard to pick yourself up after a little slip, but it sounds like you're very much in touch with what you need to do to keep in control of the situation. And hey -you're right about the Splenda thing! Each new good habit can replace an old one. It's all about the cumulative good, not each little micro event.

You hit the nail on the head about "routine," too. It's so easy to be on-plan when your routine is all in order, but the second that gets thrown off, that's when you realize how tough weight loss really is.

I have faith in you, though! I know you've provided a lot of support to us here. It sounds trite, but hang tight & things will turn around (they have a way of doing that).

Jen
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

awwww, big hugs and stressfree vibes to you, sweetie. I'm sorry things have been so crappy and hectic and just generally "blah" lately. I hope things simmer down for you, and I really think you're doing great despite everything that is happening. good girl!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote