Old 09-29-2004, 07:40 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms # 260

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 15 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories excercising, and drinking lots of water.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:42 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies.....

Kristen,
Why don't you join me and Melissa on a new mini challenge? Im me

Geri,
I am sooooo excited you found a lady you like! AWESOME!!!!!! Let us know on Thursday!

Deana,
WTG on the water I bet you are floating
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:51 AM   #3  

Good morning beautiful ladies!

I am getting myself ready to head out to the gym again! I feel sooo good about it. I hope that scale is going down! THere is no reason why it shouldn't be. I have been to the gym 5 times in a week. That should account for something. So many of you/us are doing so well. I'm so proud of everyone!

Jill, forgot to mention about the cycle thing. I'm worse than you with that. I am irregular, going from an 18 day at times to a 48 day at times. usually it's 6 weeks or just shy of that. So I know what you mean.

Kristin, I'm sorry you have to consider putting your long time dog down. That's really tough. I'll pray you get through it ok.

Penny, good morning! I'm so proud of you that you are up early to exercise. I know it's not easy girl, but you can do it! SO I'm cheering you on.... GO PENNY GO! GO PENNY GO! GO PENNY GO!

Ok, I'll check back in with all of you later on this afternoon. I have to catch up on laundry folding and such here. Fly challange maybe later anyone????
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:53 AM   #4  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Good morning ladies.

Penny, you and I are getting started at the same time this morning.

I slept better last night. Went to bed about 1000 and fell asleep shortly after. Andrew woke up at 100 but went right back to sleep and then I woke up at 400 and couldn't go back to sleep. Andrew woke up again, but went back to sleep easy again. But I tossed and turned and tossed and turned. I was going to get up around 500 but I guess fell back to sleep right after and then the clock went off at 630. But I did get better sleep. Hope everyone else did too.
Today I have to go to the pediatricians office to get Ally and Andrew's shot records and make it back to Terrell for my WIC appt at 1015. So we have to get out right after breakfast and won't be back until lunch time. Hopefully I can school when we get back.

Mel, I do believe you will see a loss this week. When is your WI day?

Kristin, glad you enjoyed the weather and the outdoors today. Sometimes it's so nice and refreshing to be able to do that.

Geri, glad you like the sitter. That's the hardest thing to do is find the right person to watch your kids and I only leave mine with family and still have a hard time sometimes, lol.

Hello to Spryng, Michelle, Amy, Chris, Deana, Jill, and everyone else out there in SAHM world.

Keep your fingers crossed, I may hear from the bank guy today for a closing date if everything has gone through. That's why I couldn't go back to sleep last night, getting excited about building. I got a catalog in the mail yesterday from Country Door, which I've never heard of, but their decor is EXACTLY what I like. It's all French Country and I kept thinking about how I want to decorate. Oh well, soon enough.

Okay, gonna get school prepared so it'll be done and ready when we get back. Hope everyone has a great day.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:32 AM   #5  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Morning Friends!

I have had a busy few days. So I have read, but not posted!

Crystal, have you considered getting the pediatricians office to fax the shot records to the WIC office? That's what I did and it worked! It would save you time and money if they could!

Mel...BIG WTG on going to the gym! I wish I could.

Today I am cleaning, and hopefully doing carpets, too. I have stayed OP pretty well, even with TOM lurking! I am down several pounds and actually looking forward to weigh in day! I do also intend to walk sometime today and lift weights at home.

OHHHH BTW!!! My biopsy results were normal, so I am going in for my surgery on Monday as scheduled! Next is my mammogram in November, it will be my first one. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, so I should have done this a long time ago, but didn't.

Back later, taters!
Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:11 AM   #6  

Cindi, GREAT news on the biopsy.. I'm so happy for you !

Crystal, send me an email and your address, I have some clothing for Andrew 24 m and 2t. I have so much I wanted to share and know you could use it. I don't want any money.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:32 AM   #7  
**Kristin**

Good Morning Ladies! Listen to this..today, I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING PLANNED! Can you believe it? I am so excited. I don't have to be anywhere, so today is a stay at home and get stuff done day..as well as start over on my weight lose journey. No excuses today, I don't have anywhere to be in a hurry or anything!

Penny - I would love to join your guys challenge! Mel would you mind? I will IM you as soon as I get breakfast down us and get myself dressed for the day!

Mel - thanks for the kind words. I just wish I could tell if she (the dog) is happy or in pain or what. She is so thin, is starting to pee on the floor again and all of her hair is falling out, I am thinking that she had pretty serious permenant damage from her disease that caused all this in the first place. I"m not sure, we might do one more round of anti biotics and see if it is only a quick fix again, and then after that it will be decision time....thanks for your prayers On a happy note, way to go on all that exercise, I am so proud of you! Whatever the scale says, it doesn't matter when you feel so darn great!!! I AM sure though, that you should see a lose, in inches and lbs! Way to go girl !!!!

Jill - Have fun at school ! Can't wait to hear about it! Sorry I didn't stay to chat last night, too tired! Have a great day!

Crystal - I am with Cindi, try and get that stuff faxed !!! Save yourself some time! HOpe you get everything worked out! SO have you put your current home up for sale yet? What happens if you don't sell that house first?

Cindi - So glad to hear the you biopsy was normal ! I know you can get that in today! GO CINDI !!!

Whos in for the water challenge!?!?!? I am !!!! 100 oz. today will be gone !

well dd is begging for food so I better get going to feed her breakfast and me too! I will be back ! TTYL !
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:52 AM   #8  
**Kristin**

by the way, I meant exercise, Cindi, not another biopsy.. LOL ! I forgot to put "I know you can get that exercise in today" ! LOL! well, I guess I should get in the shower before I hurt my brain! sheesh, I'm such a dork!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:45 AM   #9  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

I'm a little late getting here today, was reading and watching news. Not to mention fixing breakfast for me and dd.

Crystal: Try the fax thing. It will save you a trip and time. Glad you got a decent night's sleep.

Mel: on the gym. You are doing awesome girl!!! Even if you don't see as much loss as you want, just remember that muscle is heavier than fat and if you are building muscle it will take over for the weight lost....if that makes sense.

Cindi: Sooooo glad your biopsy came back normal. Now I can't remember what surgery you are having on Monday. How is Christian doing now?

Kristin: Hope you figure out the right thing for your other family member. I know how hard it is to think about putting htem to sleep. Dh had a dog when we got together that was an awesome dog. She was half pitbull and have labrador and even though she was half pitbull, I felt very safe with her around the kids. We hear too many horror stories about them but I believe it's how they are raised and his brother had the mother to her. She was the smartest and best behaved dog I have ever known. She was getting really old and couldn't hardly walk and dh considered putting her down but just couldn't. She passed away about a year and a half ago in his arms, and it took a year before dh could have another house dog. But now we have our baby and he is soooooo spoiled.....lol. I know you will do what's right for him/her. I'm in on the water challenge. Let's go girl!

Penny: I wasn't floating too bad last night.... . Almost done with coffee and getting ready to hit the water very shortly. I may be able to get in 140 today, we'll see. All that toilet paper and going potty is well worth the loss. I'll keep it up. I have been really surprised with myself. I have a 2 liter bottle of Diet Sierra Mist in the pantry and it's been there since I started dieting and I haven't touched it. I have had a couple of 20 oz bottles of it but I've been drinking soooo much water I haven't even wanted it.... . Before I started dieting, I was a popaholic. That was the only thing I drank other than coffee. Dr. P, Pepsi or Diet Dr. P and nothing else. Now I don't even want the 16 oz Pepsi that I said I would reward myself with when I lost 10 pounds. Wow, I am amazing myself with this diet.....and it's working . I WILL REACH GOAL!!!

Plan for the day: Get dd bathed and ready for school, then drop her off. Dishes, laundry, run to get more trim for shower, run by school to pay on lunch accounts, may have to make a trip to Walmart...not sure yet, get dd from school, supper is going to be boneless beef ribs cooked in the oven in a bag with pot roast seasoning....cheddar broccoli rice....corn and asparagus for me. I cooked the meat last night and it didn't get done in time so dh had to have something else last night before work. But he's off tonight and tomorrow.... .

Better get dd in the tub and get dressed myself.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:03 AM   #10  
**Kristin**

Yeah ! Deana ! I am with ya on the water challenge! And if anyone wants to flylady todya, IM me !!! Mel, I know that you do!

My plan for the day is : Breakfast (done) shower, get me and dd dressed (done)...laundry that is clean needed folded, and continue washing loads, our bedroom picked up and dusted, bathrooms cleaned and dd's room cleaned, as well as her toys up there organized a bit. I am going to try and get al the barbies and barbie stuff in one container so the dogs don't eat the shoes, etc !

Lunch will bea WW smart ones for me, not sure about dd.....also dinner will be something healthy..not sure what though, its really tough to cook for just one person (I don't count dd because she barely eats anything) !

Anyway, hope you all have a great day! I will talk to you later after I get some more done around here! and I need to fill up my water jug, I had a small glass of OJ and now I am thirsty again, so here we go with the peeing! LOL!
Old 09-29-2004, 11:10 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies:

My hand is feeling much better today. Now my other one hurts, but not a whole lot. I can still function and that is great to me. I got a good night sleep to make up for my sleepless night before and I already have the kitchen cleaned and Kayla's room clean. Next we tackle the laundry monster again....That has got to be my least favorite job.

I've already downed 20 oz. of water. To be honest, I didn't think water would help that much but it actually does, even though I take extra trips to the bathroom. Hey, at least that is extra walking, right?

If you all don't mind, I have a question for you: What type of exercise does everybody do? And for how long?

I guess I better get my butt back in gear before I lose my motivation. It will be a small miracle and a great surprise for the DH if he can come home to a clean house and dinner on the table tonight. I'll check back later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:45 AM   #12  
Domestic Goddess

Default Can I Join You Ladies ?

Hi Everyone ! I've just joined this group and I'd love to join in with you girls. I'm Amy a 31 yr. old SAHM to Madison 3 and Austin 1. We live in North Carolina.
2sillykidz1crazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Count me in

20 oz of water down and on the next 20 now!!

I am ready to challenge my house clean with you all!!

Let's go girls!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:25 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Amy-welcome to the group. I am a newbie myself..only been on for 2 weeks now. But the girls here are wonderful.

Okay...I downed 12 more ounces. I have to slow down a bit so that I can make it to the school to pick up DD#2 in a little bit. I guess I've drank 32 oz. so far.

Gotta get back to the cleaning grind. I had to take a mini break...Okay, I got bored with cleaning. But best get back to it now. TTFN

~Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:25 PM   #15  
soontobethin

Welcome, Amy, I am Ricci, SAHM to two boys, Eric 6, and RJ, 4. I am going to school at night, and haven't really posted much lately.
Hi, everyone. sounds like eveyone is doing great. Great job on the water and the losses last week. Its been stress city here this week. I have been studying for my final, getting stuff done for the craft fair this weekend, and to top it off, Eric came down with bronchitis. Fun, Fun. Hi to all, can't get personal right now. Have a great week.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote