Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-27-2004, 11:02 PM   #1  

Default Striptease/Burlesque Tapes?

I noticed the great response to the bellydancing thread and was wondering...

There's a dance/exercise studio near me that offers classes in striptease and burlesque dancing, and I'd love to try it, but there's NO WAY I'm ready to bare much more than an ankle in public, even with other women! Does anyone know of any exercise or dance videos on this kind of dancing? I love the bellydancing (though at this point my belly still dances all on its own!), and thought burlesque would be fun too.
spores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #2  

Try pyramidcollection.com. I've seen exotic dancing tapes in their catalog.
Redroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Better Sex guide to Erotic Dancing - I don't own this one
EROTIC DANCING ~ FOR EVERYDAY WOMEN ~ DVD I own this one. I like it because it is actually A TEACH ME HOW TO. Only problem I let a friend borrow it and it has yet to find it way back to my house!! Time to make a phone call.
Enjoy
Mez
P.S. I looked these up on EBAY.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:42 AM   #4  
it's always something

Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease
http://www.aerobicstriptease.com

The S Factor, Stripping and Pole Dancing Workout
http://www.sfactor.com

Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:55 AM   #5  

Awesome resources! Thanks so much, everyone! Now I just need a pole in my living room
spores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

OH how neat I've never heard of those types of workouts! I'm sure DH would just love that LOL.
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:54 PM   #7  
FerretNose

For those of us who like the old timey burlesque (bare a shoulder, ankle, use fans and feather boas) as opposed to an actual modern bump and grind strip, let me offer some ideas- you can pretty much make up your own vinatge looking moves to these and it looks good without feeling too scandalous:
"The Stripper" by David Rose, the most famous burlesque song ever
"Fever" and "Hey Big Spender" by either Brenda or Peggy Lee, I forget which
"You can leave your hat on" by Tom Jones
"Let me Entertain You"- Various, but Ethel Merman's the best
And you must rent the musical "Gypsy" which is an old comedy about the famous burlesque queen, Gypsy Rose Lee.

Also, visit this page from the "Burlesque Project", which documents the stars and times of New Orleans burlesque from the 40's to the 60's:
http://www.eccentricneworleans.com/b...ue_project.htm

My mother grew up in New Orleans in the 50's and 60's. Her father managed several swanky yet sophisticated gentleman's clubs. My Mom met and hung out backstage with many burlesque performers as a child/teen, and was of course fascinated by them and their costumes. What little girl wouldn't be? Anyway, I of course picked up on that myself, and have always had a penchant for the glamourous and slightly naughty.

One night at Karaoke, I sang "Hey, Big Spender". (Yes, I had a tiny buzz.) While I was doing this, I picked up a bar towel and was twirling it around while prancing and doing my little burlesque moves. Hubby was mortified, but then he was thrilled when I got a standing ovation. They always beg me to do it again but I only do it about once a year. teehee. It's fun. Everyone should try this at least once...
F.
FerretNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:31 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

Suzanne, is there something you're not telling me?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

AHHHHHH!! "The Stripper" was the song we used during my wedding reception when my hubby removed the garter belt!! Ahhhh the memories! Thanks I needed that

LOL Jennifer I have 2 sisters and I'm always finding out crazy stuff about them that I never knew before
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Oh my gosh. That is too funny! I can just picture you singing 'Hey Big Spender', using a bar towel and getting the standing ovation. (I imagine hubby wasn't mortified FOR two long...you probably got him a little hot under the collar! LOL)
FrugalChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:13 AM   #11  
mom2_5

I love this thread! I got a real kick out of reading the posts. I have 3 sisters and we found out we are more alike than different. LOL suzanne & Jennifer!

I remember seeing a show on Oprah where a very conservative wife and mother took a short course in pole dancing. Her husband was extremely surprised to see her sexy pole dance and in front of millions of people. She looked great and I thought it wonderful. We get stuck in the much of life and forget to have fun. I say go for it!

Kim

sw/230 cw/204 gw/140
wildblue_yonder is offline   Reply With Quote