Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 11:39 AM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Thumbs down Former chub clubbers #13

Okay cookie mommster- are you lurking out there somewhere? How about oops? OOps...I know you are alive, you've been forwarding emails to me! How about Kare Free? Ya know, I don't care if you are loosing weight or not! I just want you to come out and play!!! So Mail Whale? What is your radical plan for summer? Maybe we should pick a diet each month and do it together. We could swap reciepes ect. I am having a spinach salad for lunch. I finally found it on sale! I hate spending over 3.50 on greens! I wish we could grow our own here. I could afford all the soil ammendments and water to have that kind of garden! I have made a budget and hopefully we can stick to it. Along w/ Griffin being happier, maybe I can do some more beading instead of nibbling! Talk to you all soon! Dolphin & Sandy, thanks for the encouragement!
Old 06-06-2001, 10:44 AM   #2  

Well.... today a neighbor and I are starting with the Hollywood Miracle diet I know, what a dumb dumb I am...thought I was so past all this dieting nonsense...but when you're not making any progress.... well.

And I just feel like I need it out of my hands for a while...just something strict and easy that I can follow. So I'll let you know how that goes. So that is Today and Thurs. Then starting Friday, I'm going with fruit smoothies or Sweet success shakes for breakfast and lunch and the old sensible dinner thing. No breads or refined sugars. Be on a diet for the rest of June. Lots of water and exercise too that's the easy part for me. Just gotta do a strict food thing for a while darn!

I hope Grif is doing good and will be a happier camper!

Be good gals!
Old 06-06-2001, 10:51 AM   #3  
you can call me flower

Well, I have a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Chris pasted on bringing donuts home last night. Thank goodness! I think he realized they are making him (mr. Skinney) gain weight too! I had my cereal w/ soy milk. I am gonna walk to the school to watch Rileys assembly. That should give me some modivation to stay on track today.

All 3 boys have colds. I think I will get one too. Just a feeling. I have to take Chris to work tomorrow to have the car to take Grif to the regular doc for his 8 month checkup. Then go grocery shopping. The boys are out for summer at 12:20 tomorrow. Oh boy fun! But I enjoy them in the morning watching him so I have some free time. Griffin loves Riley. They laughing together is the most wonderful sound. Now if I could get Griffin to stop the high pitch scream when he is being ignored! I only thought little girls did that! ~audri
Old 06-06-2001, 11:00 AM   #4  

Hi again! Just went back and read the end of #12...Good pep talk Dolphin...thanks! And I do hope I can stick with this one for both of, all three...four...do I hear more? of our sakes I'm glad to hear that you've been doing so well for the last month or two, You are awesome! And I'm sure it is helping you get through this wild time with Graduation and all. I am so proud of you. So I'm gonna climb back on board and yes, lets finish the summer 11-22 pounds lighter!!!!! Yea, Yippy, Yahoooooo!

Oh, and Audri, Patrick screetched alot as a baby

Oh, and when you are at the store pick up some crystalized ginger...probably in bulk foods with the dried fruits etc.. just get a small handful. Then eat about two pieces 2 or 3 times a day when you feel a cold coming on or someone else has one in the house. For several months Bryan and I have avoided getting the colds the kids have had by doing this. I read it was 10 times stonger than echinacia. It is kinda spicey, but i like it, and I really like not having a cold!
Old 06-08-2001, 10:24 AM   #5  

Hello ~ I survived my silly Hollywood juice diet. The scale says I'm down 6 pounds and hopefully a few will stay off. It was just like doing a juice fast that I've talked about in the past...part of a recommendation from Dr. Weil as a sort of cleansing. So in the future I would just make my own juice instead of spending $20 for a diet gimick...but then, spending the money helps ya stay with it! lol!

Well, have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-08-2001, 10:30 AM   #6  
you can call me flower

Hello. Mail Whale-congrats on the 6 pound loss. All juice diet, hum...I would have terrible heart burn if I did that!

I am doing good diet wize until between 4 and 7 pm. Then the sugar fairy comes and says go find sugar now!!! The other day it was ice cream, yesterday was a lemon filled donut. Today, I will watch out for the sublimminal messages and stay away from the kitchen!!!
I am down a pound this week. I have to be honest. I might have had one glass of water yesterday. Gotta work on that this week!!!! audri
Old 06-13-2001, 10:38 AM   #7  
you can call me flower

It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair. I have kept a food journal, I have eaten a lot less and I have excersiced a little and the scale has not budged!!!!

So Mailwhale- how is your diet going? ~audri
Old 06-13-2001, 12:07 PM   #8  

Well, I've kept 3 of those 6 off, so I think that is still a success. I jogged a little yesterday and no shin splints today - yea! I've tried once a week for the last three weeks and every time the shin splints come, so I wait a week to try again, I know that if I can get past them, I can jog every other day, and that would be such a big help. It is so effecient for me...burns lots of fat, but not as hard on my feet as walking twice as many miles every day so that is my goal is to jog 3 miles every other day...that's only 9-12 miles a week, instead of 28+ and I hope I can bike or row the other days so that I'm not on my feet.

I did major cleaning of Patricks room Saturday and Kayla's yesterday, but that is the only part of the house in good shape! I should deal with this computer desk, stork business area today.

Have a good one!
Old 06-14-2001, 01:01 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

I walked to and from the school today. It is very warm out. Or maybe I walked so fast I was overheated from that! Anyways, seriously, remember 2 years ago when I lost my 40 pounds...I did it by walking before I got on the computer each day. Well, this time I am making myself bike in my room for 30 minutes before I log on. I will walk if I get up early enough but biking I can do any ol time. I am also going to do a water aerobic class. Dieting alone does not work for me. Gotta move. As soon as I cool down, I am going to attempt a RS video. See ya few pounds lighter! ~audri
Old 06-15-2001, 09:54 AM   #10  
you can call me flower

Ok...I walked before getting on the computer. Griffin lasted a 1/2 hour before getting cranky! My scale is still not budging but I am going to get excersice 3 times a day for a minimum of 20 minutes each time. I know that will work!
Old 06-16-2001, 10:31 AM   #11  
you can call me flower

My scale moved down 2 pounds! Yipee!!!!
Old 06-17-2001, 12:02 AM   #12  

Yippie for you!

Yes, I gotta move too, that is how I did it before! I didn't move today, so tomorrow, I'm hitting the turf before 7 a.m.!
Old 06-18-2001, 12:02 PM   #13  
you can call me flower

I just got done walking 4 miles. One hour 12 minutes to do it. I stopped for a half second to watch a hummingbird. I am sweating buckets and I feel my heartbeat in every pore, but I DID IT!!!! ~flower/audri
Old 06-18-2001, 12:43 PM   #14  

Good for you Audri! And how goes the Auds and Ends?

I did get out for a short walk yesterday....to Albertsons to buy doughnuts for Father's day...I know! I only had one

Today I jogged a couple miles and am gonna be good! Cherries are coming on here, so I may take the kids to a u-pick today, that would be fun. I was thinking of taking us to the pool too, but it is quite breezy...if it stays this way, we'll shoot for tomorrow instead. It is to be in the 90's by Thrusday so the heat is coming soon enough!

Have a good week!
Old 06-19-2001, 12:28 PM   #15  
you can call me flower

W/ Chris working at 8 am, I am gonna have to get up earlier to walk. I walked for 20 minutes this morning. Enough to wake me up and get all sweaty but not long enough to get to my goal of 181 by July 1st! 6 more pounds and not that many days left. I better up my water and move my hips! I have decided that cereal does not work as breakfast food. I am hungry an hour later. So today I had a boca burger w/ soy cheese and some grapes w/ water. Much better...
Closed Thread